Author Topic: Stephen King's IT Remake  (Read 4293 times)

Description:

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Re: Stephen King's IT Remake
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:41 AM »
Here is the official cast for the adults, per the Rotten Tomatoes Facebook page:

2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 08:33:53 AM »
James Ransone as Eddie is some great casting. Looks just like the kid and he's been stealing scenes for years so I hope he gets some good material. I don't really know the actors playing Mike, Ben, or Stan but the rest is all pretty perfect. Even though James McAvoy is close to 40, he still might look too young but I'm sure he'll nail Bill.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
I'd love to never see Bill Hader in anything ever again but I guess I have to one more time.. 🤮

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
Really? I think he's a highlight whenever he pops up, and having him in this role seems perfect.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2018, 02:10:38 PM »
Can't stand him.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »
Wth why not

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 10:30:25 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 01:47:26 AM »
Just realized where I knew the adult Mike from and then it hit me that it's the dude from the Old Spice commercials.

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2019, 03:26:51 AM »

First trailer's up

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2019, 04:01:25 AM »
Too much CGI nonsense took me out of the first one

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2019, 04:59:10 AM »
The scene with Bev going back to her childhood home looks very unsettling. I'm a little weary of them shoehorning the kids in too much with flashbacks, but the adults look to be spot on.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2019, 06:37:56 AM »
Outside of a few scenes, mostly in the end, I thought the CGI was well done. Regardless, the cast was amazing, and they (especially Bev) carried it.

This looks to be a solid continuation, IMO.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2019, 06:40:41 AM »
Outside of a few scenes, mostly in the end, I thought the CGI was well done. Regardless, the cast was amazing, and they (especially Bev) carried it.

This looks to be a solid continuation, IMO.

There was also a lot less CGI than people want to believe. There was a ton of in-camera tricks that people take for CGI.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2019, 06:53:12 AM »
They didn't have the guts to show Jess Chastain drinking a cup of shit, pussification of America imo

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 06:20:09 AM »
Just got back from seeing IT: Chapter Two and it was good, maybe not as tightly edited as the first one though. Even as much as I was engaged, this felt 3 hours long.

Quick Thoughts
- The adult actors were really good. The scenes that did feature the kids felt like they fit without overshadowing the adult stuff too much. Bill Hader was fantastic.
- Pennywise seemed to take much more of a backseat in this go around, which kind of made the pacing of the movie feel itself IMO. The scenes that he did appear in, he was still visually arresting though. The scenes featured in the trailer also worked within the movie without feeling like, "Oh, I saw that already." The scene with the little girl under the bleachers at the baseball game was one of my favorites across both movies. Skaarsgard (sp?) absolutely killed it and it managed to really showcase how manipulative/evil Pennywise was beyond just being the creepy clown character.
- There was more gore but also more CGI here than I remember seeing in the original. Sometimes the CGI worked but often it felt jarring and stood out in a negative way, slightly diminishing some of the scares. It was neat seeing
Spoiler: show
Pennywise actually biting kids to kill them
though and the
spider Stan effect worked really well for me
in particular.
- The ending
felt very similar to the first movie right down to the adults refusing to be scared of IT and turning the tables

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2019, 05:35:01 PM »
This movie was absolutely batshit. I liked it.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2019, 06:47:18 AM »
I need to go see it.  I almost went to go see it on my own when I had the day off yesterday but I took a buddy of mine to the first one for his birthday a few years back and been joking with him it shall be his birthday tradition to go to see these.
[img width=800

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »
Just came back, I didn’t really care for it. I liked the first movie much better and liked the original over this.

DTF

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2019, 06:14:48 AM »
James Ransone was my absolute favorite part of the film.  He was amazing in every scene he was in. Bill Hader didn't disappoint either.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2019, 02:49:58 AM »
Saw this in Dolby and it blew me away on how intense that component was, there was a lot of the chair rumbling and some serious holy shit moments in that format. That's becoming the new IMAX to me. If you want to see this one in the best format possible, I strongly recommend this way.

I think there was some moments of major lulls in this one, but that's my harshest critique. The flashbacks got tedious and a bit much sometimes and affected a flow of sorts, so with that said, I kinda felt maybe some of that stuff would have been better off cut and saved for a future ultimate full cut of the both films where it was paced similarly to the mini-series (hopefully much better). Maybe that still is the plan, and if so, alot of those flashback scenes could maybe be better placed by putting them chronologically into the story. Putting it at over 2 and a half hours made things go a bit more slower at times than need-be. Especially the middle part of the film where it felt less in the present and more in excessive flashbacks.....it dragged. Now there was some of those flashbacks that was imperative to the current story, but some could have been shelved/cut.

That out of the way, I really enjoyed this. Not as much as the first, but it was pretty close. The one notable cameo of note was a mark out moment a bit, and I did enjoy the fact they went a bit further on making some comedic moments in between the crazy terror spots. It had a good balance to it. The performances were all pretty excellent, and it was fun to see the shift in effects from some of the more fucked up moments of the mini-series and how this version made those moments much more crazy.

All across the board I liked the performances, its too bad somehow someway they couldn't do a third film (maybe they can via prequel methods) as Skargaard was even better than the first one in this it felt like. Chastain killed it as Bev for sure. I thought the Ben and Eddie performances as well stood out.

Did I miss something of an inside joke on why they kept
razzing on hating an ending? I'm guessing this is a nod to the general consensus that the original ending to the miniseries was rather dull to say the least. But they beat that point hard during this one with many nods it felt like

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 04:27:38 AM »
Did I miss something of an inside joke on why they kept
razzing on hating an ending? I'm guessing this is a nod to the general consensus that the original ending to the miniseries was rather dull to say the least. But they beat that point hard during this one with many nods it felt like

This was a long standing criticism of Stephen King's work in general and since Bill was a blatant stand-in for King... He's gotten better about his endings but that's slightly marginal improvement.