Author Topic: WWE SuperCard! v5  (Read 29623 times)

Description:

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Re: WWE SuperCard! v5
« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »
Wouldn't you know it, I finally got my pull (of course as soon as I got Bayley, went right into Wild mode and pulled) it's BRAUN. And he's a pro despite only having about eight WM33 cards.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #551 on: April 30, 2017, 07:31:23 AM »
Congrats on the pros, everyone.

I'm starting to hit burnout mode again.  Finished Bayley about midday yesterday and stopped playing.  KOTR is too annoying these days and MITB is boring.  Really deflated with the table pull so I am kinda in the mode where I will play during events to start getting the top cards but I have four event males, so any male pull just helps event decks so there isn't too much of an endgame anymore.

I had been like 10-1 in my KOTR and last I checked I was now 14-11 from not playing or something stupid.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline fazzle

« Reply #552 on: April 30, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
Just got an in game popup about "big things" on Wednesday that will cause the login bonuses to be hidden until then.  New tier already?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #553 on: April 30, 2017, 10:13:44 AM »
maybe.  a little early but it isn't ever too far removed from when they do event female cards
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #554 on: April 30, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
It is really early, plus they wouldn't do a new tier in the middle of an event cycle, right? Maybe a new event?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #555 on: April 30, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
yeah, new event may be more likely.  Some people speculating that they are changing the log-in bonuses too.  Like from cards to credits or something
[img width=800

Offline starvenger

« Reply #556 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
Whatever it is, I expect it to not work when they implement it. Because I'm pretty sure CatDaddy doesn't understand the concept of "testing".
Starvenger

Offline fazzle

« Reply #557 on: April 30, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »
An idea that I know they won't do, but I would like to see anyway:

Get rid of monthly login rewards completely, and instead replace them with monthly ladder rewards.  Bring two dull systems together to maybe create something better.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
Monthly login rewards is pretty common in games, so I doubt they would change the structure too much. Switching to a consecutive days model might make sense though.

Wouldn't mind a better objective-based rewards structure though.
Starvenger

Offline starvenger

« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »
Got busy with work, forgot to energize, and lost in QF. Got Dillinger.

The lesson learned here is - don't work at work.
Starvenger

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2017, 03:40:06 AM »
Curious about what's going to be revealed tomorrow. I hope it's not a new tier as i'd like to be WM33++ by that time so I don't fall behind.

I am WM33++ on RD now though with my second pro so if it is I should get a good start. And we got the Roode card with six hours to spare so thats cool.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
Yeah, our team just got Roode. Gives me another 33 pro so that's good. Probably won't get him pro'd before the next event but I'm ok with that.

My theoretical max RTG deck, then, is:
33 Event Matt, 33 Event Jeff, 33 Event Brock, 33 Event HBK
33 MITB Taker, 33 Pro Roode, 33 pro Cedric, Ult Event Jericho
Ult Event Gallagher, Ult Event Orton, Ult MITB Goldberg, Ult Fusion Sheamus
Ult pro Seth, Ult pro KO, Ult pro Dean, Ult pro Orton

Ult MITB Charlotte, Ult Fusion Lana, Ult Pro Bayley, 33 Event Single Bayley
--------
I doubt we are getting a new tier. This is event #4 and event card #5 of the tier, and we got to 6 events before 33 tier was dropped.

It could be 33 fusions, but given the "big things" hype that doesn't register as anything but a disappointment. Then again, disappointing us is what CatDaddy does.

A revamped PCC would be welcome, and would certainly qualify as a "big thing". I probably still won't care.

But the fact that they are not revealing the login bonus rewards would indicate that this is what is getting revamped. If this is the case, I'd expect CD to go to a different rewards structure, with things like free extra pulls and extra games mixed in with the cards. Not really a "big thing" in the grand scheme of things, but probably a "big thing" on the development front.
Starvenger

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2017, 04:47:59 AM »
PCC is a mixed bag for me - it would eliminate everyone having the same cards but I also don't have the desire to earn top cards in an event like that.

Got my latest Fusion last night and it was Lana #2.  Thinking I will still make her, even though she will be #4 in my deck once Bayley is complete.  Gives me two down arrow 33 (Asuka, Event Bayley) with two up arrow "Super Ult" (MITB Charlotte, Fusion Lana)

Had decent luck with Fusion Chamber as I got Fandango, Lana, Fandango #2, Breeze, Lana, so I must be getting Breeze #2 next, right?  He wouldn't be more than a catalog pro at this point though, as I think Fandango fell out of my RTG deck though is very nice in Royal Rumble and when I decide to play MITB, as I kept Ultimates in that deck wiht all the specialties I have.

My team once again finished Roode by the time I woke up this morning.  Had finished a KOTR in the semis last night where I got Rusev #3 and Jey Uso #3 so nothing interesting even for catalog completion...
[img width=800

Offline starvenger

« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2017, 05:17:42 AM »
I've been playing around with the lower level fusions trying to get them all paired up. Having some more ultimate fusions would be nice but are, frankly, unnecessary at this point.

I'm kind of hoping for PCC to show up. I have a company retreat that comes up during the back half of the next event so I'm likely skipping it anyway.
Starvenger

Offline fazzle

« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2017, 05:29:32 AM »
I've been playing around with the lower level fusions trying to get them all paired up. Having some more ultimate fusions would be nice but are, frankly, unnecessary at this point.

It'll give you a step up when WM33 fusions drop though.  The more you can do straight from Ultimate the better.

Made the finals of my KOTR last night, woke up to get Braun as my reward, so that'll be another pro.  It's funny, I now have 7 regular WM33 pros, and *6* of them are POW/TGH cards.   I'm starting to sense a theme.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #565 on: May 02, 2017, 06:01:05 AM »
So...the update is a new team event, along with the login rewards now being packs instead of individual cards.

http://www.wwesupercardgame.com/battle-bigger-in-team-battleground

Offline starvenger

« Reply #566 on: May 02, 2017, 07:05:35 AM »
That is definitely different. Seems a bit complicated for a straightforward game like Supercard.

Apart from that... this is going to fuck up the app, right?
Starvenger

Offline fazzle

« Reply #567 on: May 02, 2017, 07:14:33 AM »
I have a feeling it's gonna be way more straightforward than the writeup makes it sound.  It's basically just 24 hours where you play normal exhibition, but you can draw one exclusive card, and then 24 hours of being able to pick a specific person to play, right?

I totally expect there to be some kind of glitch where people are pulling WM33s non-stop out of the first login pack somehow though.

Edit:  My biggest concern is with this line "You can only attack any given opponent up to five times, and each team member has 15 total attacks in a battle."

Does it actually mean YOU can only attack an opponent 5 times, or that an opponent can only be attacked up to 5 times TOTAL?   Cause if it's the latter, then it's totally possible for 4 people on the team to use up all the attacks, leaving the other 6 with fuck all to do.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #568 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:44 AM »
played a couple Royal Rumble games while I ate my lunch and pulled a WM33 Carmella.  Single female but a pro would be helpful considering my other best divas are down arrow and she is up.

My quick skim of the new mode - not quite sure what they are going for because I didn't feel like reading but will see how it turns out.  My team is pretty solid right now, so could be okay
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
So I just got my latest pull after 238 resets and it's another fucking second wind.  ....fuck this

Offline starvenger

« Reply #570 on: May 03, 2017, 05:06:15 AM »
Update is available in iTunes. Naturally this leads to my phone getting DLC and... Network Maintenance.

Bravo, CatDaddy, you've done it again.
Starvenger

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #571 on: May 03, 2017, 05:37:56 AM »
I just got in for the first time - of course after Game 1 of my KOTR launched.

New updates look interesting - the packs as logins are nice - still highest you can get is a random Elite but you get a support and credits too.

RTG is up and WM33 is Dean.  I already have a pro of him but seeing he was in an event,  probably a bunch of pros will be out there now...

Oh well.
[img width=800

Offline starvenger

« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »
Yeah, count me in as one of those pros. Cena is a new pro for me as well.
Starvenger

Offline starvenger

« Reply #573 on: May 03, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »
And just as I typed that I checked RTG again and the 33 is now Jericho.

Points are 1565 which is the same as the Hardys.
Starvenger

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #574 on: May 03, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
Jericho will make a pro for me - so this is a win.

Trying to figure out Battleground as my team launched one.  We will see how that goes.  Board gave me EL Itami, UL Gallows, 33 KO, 33 Mickie and EL Ember - I don't have a chunk of those so super random but I am optimistic.  The prizes have me intrigued.
[img width=800

Offline starvenger

« Reply #575 on: May 03, 2017, 06:44:59 AM »
Nice. I ended up with Ult Corbin, Enzo and Young, EL Naomi and HD Rusev and Charlotte.
Starvenger

Offline fazzle

« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
Jericho will make a pro for me - so this is a win.

Trying to figure out Battleground as my team launched one.  We will see how that goes.  Board gave me EL Itami, UL Gallows, 33 KO, 33 Mickie and EL Ember - I don't have a chunk of those so super random but I am optimistic.  The prizes have me intrigued.

The board was MUCH nicer to you than it was to me.  I got:  HR Rollins, EL Joe, UL Corbin, UL Brock, EL Ember and EL Charlotte.  Probably gonna be the weak link for my team.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #577 on: May 03, 2017, 06:52:22 AM »
I put the one charge on KO and it jumped him a lot - so I went a did a Royal Rumble and happened to get two charges.  when I looked, I was still 3rd to last so I am hopeful I get some time to get charges tonight and get my deck working well.

Very intrigued by paying extra with points to get a guaranteed pro.  Curious how that works.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2017, 07:13:46 AM »
I put the one charge on KO and it jumped him a lot - so I went a did a Royal Rumble and happened to get two charges.  when I looked, I was still 3rd to last so I am hopeful I get some time to get charges tonight and get my deck working well.

Very intrigued by paying extra with points to get a guaranteed pro.  Curious how that works.

I wonder if they'll leave the guaranteed pro in once a new tier hits, cause that could break it very quickly.

I don't know how much you've looked at the other team Starvenger, but they seem to be way more imbalanced than we are.   This is all going based on the assumptions that however many points they're worth is based on how good their initial deck that was given to them is.

Our best player is worth 106, meanwhile, they have a 121 pointer, 116 pointer and a 106.   But on the other hand, our worst is worth 94, while they have two 88s and an 83.  Should be interesting to see what kind of attack strategy our team comes up with.

Edit:  Man, these rewards look really nice though.   Guaranteed WM33 with a win, and still a chance at a WM33 if you lose but your team breaks 10k in points.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »
Other card I forgot to list was UL Brock, so I did ok.  One guy on my team maxed his already!

Curious how this plays out but rewards have me intrigued.  Our team has some deadweight but some of the crazy grinders hopefully balance it.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #580 on: May 03, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
Just looked and my deck is actually the highest point value on either team.  While I'm trying to charge up, my deck is +114. 
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
Yeah I'm a freaking 98, so you're way up on me.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #582 on: May 03, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
Exact scenario that makes me SO sick of KOTR...

I went in thinking it was for energy, not caring.  I wind up 6 seed.  I beat 3 seed and get in semis.

I win Game 1 of Semis.

I drop Game 2 4-2, so there was a crappy tie there in the middle.

Just lost Game 3 3-2, after I get my hopes up to get useless garbage.
[img width=800

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #583 on: May 04, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
I like the new team mode.

I mean, we 're going to lose, of course, but we wracked up 10,000 points in losing.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #584 on: May 04, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »
10,000 points still gives you a shot at a tier pull, so even then it can still be pretty much like a win.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #585 on: May 05, 2017, 06:13:29 AM »
My team is threatening to kick me because I got no points in the new team event.

I didn't draw anything higher than elite.  Ran into WM33 cards every round.

If you kick me for the game giving me shit draws, fuck you.

BTW we won by like 4000 points but we missed 10,000 points.

There's only been one week in the other events where I wasn't in the top two on the team.

So again, fuck you.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #586 on: May 05, 2017, 06:21:52 AM »
If you win, it doesn't matter how many points the team got.   the 10k barrier only matters for the losers.

That sucks if your team wants to kick you for that, but there weren't any weak lineups on the opposing team?  Or did your teammates snatch up all those matches before you could?

Got WM33 Triple H for winning.  Single, but the best one in the tier.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2017, 07:39:57 AM »
That sucks if your team wants to kick you for that, but there weren't any weak lineups on the opposing team?  Or did your teammates snatch up all those matches before you could?
My guess is B, because I never played anything I could compete with.  Six different decks.

Between 12 hours of work and six hours of sleep, I was already limited on time as it was.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #588 on: May 05, 2017, 07:40:49 AM »
Haven't recieved my consolation prize yet however a lot of people haven't either.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #589 on: May 05, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »
Got Shamrock for my prize... another pro!

Also got Nia Jax as a pity pull
Starvenger

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #590 on: May 05, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »
I recently hit Elite and this game mode is helpful. If we win (we did) I get 2 HD and an EL. The HD 8 out of 10 times will be a pro for me at this point and I'm able to get more ELs which is nice for now bc I never win any in KOTR. You don't even necessarily need a team of no-life grinders to do well at it either since it's only 15 relatively quick bouts per player.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #591 on: May 05, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
My team won - my prizes were 33 Miz, which makes a pro, and UL Charlotte #2 and UL Cass #4, so I got three pros but two didn't really matter but I'm happy with the return.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #592 on: May 05, 2017, 02:58:24 PM »
My prize for winning was WM33 HHH who is a single, but the best one in the tier.  Don't remember who the ults were.

Just finished Bayley in RTG, and not only did I do it all on 5s/10s, but I never even lost a match.

Edit: and now I just got my latest pull after 240 resets and it's Asuka!  Suddenly going from 0 to 2 WM33 female pros!

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #593 on: May 06, 2017, 05:21:48 AM »
Congrats on that Asuka - I love mine, though her value going down with all these Bayleys incoming.

Busy week at work so I am only a few matches into Jericho right now.  I am debating starting a new KOTR now or waiting a bit and putting Level 0 33 pros of Miz, Jericho and Event Bayley all in at once.

My team just launched our next Battleground.  We got paired against another team of Hardened players, so hopefully another easy win.  My pulls this time not as great as last time but my deck still valued at like +103 - EL Roman, EL Goldust, UL Owens, 33 AJ Styles, HD Alexa, UL Nikki
[img width=800

Offline starvenger

« Reply #594 on: May 06, 2017, 10:03:20 AM »
Won my KOTR. Got Joe as my reward so another 33 pro!
Starvenger

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #595 on: May 06, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
Just a quick note to you guys if you're not aware of it, (and you don't class it as morally wrong) the technique of closing a game if you're losing and then opening and not losing a life carries over to this event. So in theory you can win every battle if you choose right.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #596 on: May 06, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
Additional: I finally got my next pull after xxx resets, and it was a Jimmy Hart card. I'm not TOO disappointed as he makes it into my RTG deck. Managed to get the Jericho card on 3s but then hit my wall just as as I started Bayley and i'm working today so i'm gonna have to give that one  a miss.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #597 on: May 07, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »
My team launched a new Battleground yesterday so play started maybe about an hour ago.  We are over 10K with a few of our higher decks yet to play a game and stomping the other team right now again (10731 to 2140 right now) .

Two matches in I puled a 33 Finn, which is another single.
[img width=800

Offline Sabre

« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2017, 07:21:04 AM »
The team i am on is terrible.  Im sitting at elite ++ and we arnt breaking 6k in battleground.  I need a new team.

Ive got corbin as my first WM33 so its starting to look up.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2017, 07:34:01 AM »
Just a quick note to you guys if you're not aware of it, (and you don't class it as morally wrong) the technique of closing a game if you're losing and then opening and not losing a life carries over to this event. So in theory you can win every battle if you choose right.
I've done this a few times. No moral quandry about it - app can't distinguish between a network error or "oops I shut the game off", so you might as well use it.

Finished Bayley. Started using my banked titles halfway through Goldust and did 10pt games through to the end. Which was good because Friday was busy for me - was working until 8pm - and Saturday we went out for my mother's birthday.

Only blight on my game was that I accidentally played a 1 point game on Friday night. Annoyed the hell out of me this weekend.

I think my team won our BG match, so another 33. We were commenting on how this may replace KOTR as our go to for top cards. Less work, better chance to get good cards.
Starvenger