Author Topic: The Fate of the Furious (April 14th)  (Read 713 times)

Description: And overall series talk

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
The Fate of the Furious (April 14th)
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »

So I just finished watching all the previous movies over the past few weeks and I'm​ actually really interested in seeing this one in a theater because it seems like a perfect way to experience these.  The tribute to Paul Walker at the end of 7 is honestly one of the most touching things you can see in a dumb action movie franchise.

Overall, I'd rank them:

Fast Five (they perfected the formula in this one)

Furious 7

Furious 6

Tokyo Drift (I love the setting and Han is probably my favorite character)

2 Fast 2 Furious

The Fast and the Furious (2001)

Fast and Furious (the dullest of the series by far)

• KOAB
Re: The Fate of the Furious (April 14th)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »
http://heroichollywood.com/fate-furious-writer-franchise-space/

I used to make jokes about wanting to see them drag race on the moon so I hope it can happen.

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
I got into the series after part 5, and I've enjoyed them so much. I know it started out as a street race movie, and now it's gotten into war machines and shit, but they're entertaining. I'm a big fan of Tokyo Drift (Han is great), and I like how it actually was integrated into future installments, including bringing Jason Statham into the series.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 04:51:07 AM »
Just saw it, pretty packed theater as I think a lot of people wanted to see it before heading to Easter with family.

6/10
Very disappointing and underwhelming. Trailer basically showed the big action scenes and the (obvious) reason for Dom going bad/betraying the team was so stupid given the world they had built:
Spoiler: show
He met a woman while Letty was presumed dead and not only had a relationship with her but also had a baby boy, surprise! And of course she would get killed because she can't live while Dom/Letty are romantically involved. Also she had like maybe 4-5 lines of dialogue so her death was completely meaningless/not at all emotionally investing.

Even Dom's going bad and confrontations with the group kinda sucked. What the trailer showed was basically it with some small additions at the end but there was no real epic car chase or Dom showcasing his driving abilities to manipulate and outmentally think his ex-teammates. The action scenes were solid and the numerous cars involved was impressive from a $$ perspective I guess.

The script tried to be cute and call back to prior films in the franchise but the dialogue just felt average/typical, not in a good way, and the script really didn't offer much depth behind the plot or Charlize Theron's character, Cypher (get it because she's an elite hacker!). I kept waiting for the script to expand or build upon anything but it just all seemed like filler until the next scene and/or action piece. Dom having to openly shout lines of dialogue was just awful to hear and see on the screen and kind of epitomized the shoddy writing especially in comparison to past films in the series.

High points were the bundle of cars together (visually captivating at least in a sheer numbers way) and Jason Statham's character fighting while talking
with the baby he's rescuing
as that usually got the most laughs and played pretty well.

Overall Verdict: Worth the rental on Netflix. Maybe worth a ticket on the cheap e.g. $6.29 or so but don't go out of your way to see this if you're saving money to see future films.

• KOAB
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 06:54:20 AM »
The movie was like wrestling

Dope stuff

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 08:11:37 AM »
The fate of any of my friends that watches this movie is that I will be furious with them.

• KOAB
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 08:57:52 AM »
Prepare to be furious a lot

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
 >:(

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »
HQ

You lost any credibility you had when you don't know a key character from the previous 3 movies and dismiss her as some random person. 

This movie had the right amount of Furious.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 12:41:31 AM »
HQ

You lost any credibility you had when you don't know a key character from the previous 3 movies and dismiss her as some random person. 

This movie had the right amount of Furious.

I remember her now but I legit don't even think they mentioned her by name at all (thus my confusion thinking she was some random chick). I also connected her more with Hobbs than Dom.
I'm sorry you're here aka got kidnapped by this psycho/I need you to protect our son surprise I was gonna tell you after your honeymoon
is basically her character's re-introduction in this movie and if anything it makes her character/the plot even more insulting.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 05:29:22 AM »
God damn, Rock, you ain't had to do Tyrese like that...

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »
How he gonna act like that

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »
 "Hey Vin, wanna steal a car and drive it out of a skyscraper?"
"Sure, but let's drive it out of one skyscraper and THROUGH ANOTHER."

Legitimately love this series for how knowingly dumb it is. There's a lengthy sequence in F8 where Statham talks to the camera between killing baddies and it's incredible.
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.