Author Topic: UFC 213: Nunes vs. Shevchenko  (Read 1428 times)

Description:

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
UFC 213: Nunes vs. Shevchenko
« on: July 03, 2017, 04:07:27 AM »
Women's Bantamweight   Amanda Nunes (c)   vs.   Valentina Shevchenko            
Middleweight   Yoel Romero   vs.   Robert Whittaker            
Heavyweight   Daniel Omielańczuk   vs.   Curtis Blaydes            
Heavyweight   Fabrício Werdum   vs.   Alistair Overeem            
Lightweight   Anthony Pettis   vs.   Jim Miller         

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Heavyweight   Travis Browne   vs.   Oleksiy Oliynyk            
Welterweight   Chad Laprise   vs.   Brian Camozzi            
Middleweight   Thiago Santos   vs.   Gerald Meerschaert            
Welterweight   Jordan Mein   vs.   Belal Muhammad      

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Bantamweight   Rob Font   vs.   Douglas Silva de Andrade            
Featherweight   Cody Stamann   vs.   Terrion Ware            
Light Heavyweight   Trevin Giles   vs.   James Bochnovic      

Romero/Whittaker is for the interim belt. ARE YOU READY

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Lord of The Curry

Re: UFC 213: Nunes vs. Shevchenko
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »
I'm not sure what the prop bet line is for Romero getting popped post-show but holy lord that man has the physique of a Ninja Turtle.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:59:18 AM »
Luke Thomas is basically trolling any commentary that would suggest Yoel is on PEDs.  He has a serious boner for Yoel and will not entertain any notion that the 40 year old should be linked to them.

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 04:08:39 AM »
Romero was definitely on them hard at some point. Also, even though it got blamed on a tainted supplement, he tested positive for growth hormone.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:05:16 AM »
Luke Thomas is basically trolling any commentary that would suggest Yoel is on PEDs.  He has a serious boner for Yoel and will not entertain any notion that the 40 year old should be linked to them.

Luke is also huge into lifting and gym culture in general so he's probably really high on the idea that a guy who's 40 can look like that naturally.

Offline Just Call Me Dan

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:55:24 AM »
Exactly. He's also a proponent for pre USADA UFC and isn't necessarily against PED use. But to respond to speculation the way he has is really odd to me.

Offline Gert

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:38 AM »
Ariel just tweeted that Nunes is in the hospital right now and has been sick most of the week. Hasn't said if the fight is on or off yet. No confirmation from Nunes camp or the UFC yet.

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 06:03:16 AM »
Incredible that this is the year we're given after somebody buys this shit for $4 billion. Last night was the first time all year I really got hyped after a show was over.

My overall feeling is that the UFC's promotional decisions and attempt to sanitize their product to make it attractive to sponsors is slowly killing the sport. Been nothing but bad PR since the Reebok deal was announced, and showmanship has disappeared massively as a result of that. They don't even let fighters wear costumes to the weigh-ins anymore.

As for this specific event, cutting weight like crazy makes you sick. Who knew?

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »
Joanna is trying to get in this fight btw.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
Joanna is trying to get in this fight btw.

They won't clear her on this short of notice.

Damn shame. This card could have use another good fight. Especially after losing Cowboy and Robbie.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 12:47:54 PM »
I never mind seeing Travis lose these days.

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
That was great. Just let some old guy get up from his back to immediately take him down and finish him.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »
Browne's only win in his last 6 fights was the one where he went knuckle deep in Mitrione's eyeball twice.

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »
Some good fights tonight, but I can see why there are few comments. Very technical.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »
Whittaker did a good job fighting on one leg after getting blasted in the knee in Round 1.   Yoel Romero looked like he was fighting out on his feet for the final 3 rounds.

Dana said he is never putting Nunes in a main event again after she pulled out at the last second.  Feels kind of harsh for Dana to throw his fighters, let alone a champion under the bus. I understand his frustration though.

Also as far as Nunes goes.  If her not feeling "right" had to do with a weight cut issue, then who's to say she doesn't do it again?  Maybe it was more in her head then anything else.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »
Nunes came out and said she has sinus issues...

DTF

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
Dana said he is never putting Nunes in a main event again after she pulled out at the last second.  Feels kind of harsh for Dana to throw his fighters, let alone a champion under the bus. I understand his frustration though.

He said the same thing about Jones.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 01:48:46 AM »
More attention should probably be paid to the fact that the UFC is utilizing TMZ as a backdoor channel to try and pressure fighters to perform when they're unfit to.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:52:45 AM »
At least we are one step closer to this:

Nunes/Pennington when Shevchenko drops out.

in Edmonton.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »
More attention should probably be paid to the fact that the UFC is utilizing TMZ as a backdoor channel to try and pressure fighters to perform when they're unfit to.

lirl what a carny shitstain of company they're quickly devolving into.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:54:45 AM »
Nunes was one of the few women outside of Joanna and Cyborg that they could market to the casual fan and instead they just completely shit all over her publicly and turned their casual fanbase against her.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:58:52 AM »
Dana is just mad Nunes retired Ronda

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 06:27:33 AM »
I genuinely believe the UFC is going to run themselves into bankruptcy. I don't see anyone involved with the UFC promoting fights anymore, all I see is them shitting on fighters.

Their job is to lie to people and big these fighters up, not tear them down. Almost every UFC is headlined by somebody they shit on, it's a ridiculously toxic atmosphere they have going on over there.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 06:37:16 AM »
Nunes was one of the few women outside of Joanna and Cyborg that they could market to the casual fan and instead they just completely shit all over her publicly and turned their casual fanbase against her.

Holly was being marketed as such until she shit the bed in her next couple of fights after the Rousey one.  I believe there is still some level of marketability in her because her personality is so likeable but that remains to be seen if she can build on that Correia KO.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »
The one that happened at 4m on a Fight Pass card?

I agree that personality-wise Holly can be marketable but she's an iffy fighter to back because her style can lead to horrendously boring fights if she fights the wrong/right opponent.

Offline The King of Trash

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 01:55:44 AM »
Early estimates of the 7/9 UFC 213 PPV were hugely disappointing, coming in right now at about 130,000 buys. That would be the lowest of the year, and the lowest since 2006 for a show that wasn’t headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Worse, it was for the International Fight Week show that is usually one of the best of the year. The advertising was built around Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko. We don’t know how much of the low number is people deciding not to buy when the main event fell through that afternoon, or if it would have done a similar number anyway. That number would indicate to me losing the main event hurt more than I expected.

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 03:02:27 AM »
Early estimates of the 7/9 UFC 213 PPV were hugely disappointing, coming in right now at about 130,000 buys. That would be the lowest of the year, and the lowest since 2006 for a show that wasn’t headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Worse, it was for the International Fight Week show that is usually one of the best of the year. The advertising was built around Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko. We don’t know how much of the low number is people deciding not to buy when the main event fell through that afternoon, or if it would have done a similar number anyway. That number would indicate to me losing the main event hurt more than I expected.

Wut

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 03:17:46 AM »
When you spend more time shitting on your champions than promoting great matchups, they don't sell. Who knew?

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
A Bellator PPV headlined by Chael and Wanderlei is gonna do better than some UFC PPVs in a couple of years...

Holy Shit.

Offline Youth N Asia

• STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »
When you spend more time shitting on your champions than promoting great matchups, they don't sell. Who knew?

Or spend more time promoting boxing than the UFC