Author Topic: I Just Watched... (Movies/TV/DVD)  (Read 13043 times)

Description:

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
Re: I Just Watched... (Movies/TV/DVD)
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2020, 05:26:59 AM »
"Gretel & Hansel" is actually really good (but not quite great) horror movie that some people might consider boring because it relies more on mood and atmosphere than it does the kind of jump scares you usually get in PG-13 horror. I wouldn't fault someone for disliking it, but I find it refreshing to see a wide release, major studio horror movie that's more artful and creepy than you usually get.

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline fazzle

« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »
I don't want to try and butt in more on 909's thread, but I've also been keeping a ranked list of 2020 movies, and here's my order so far:

Spoiler: show

1.   Birds of Prey
2.   Bad Boys For Life
3.   Weathering With You
4.   Sonic the Hedgehog
5.   The Gentlemen
6.   Las Pildoras de Mi Novio
7.   The Last Full Measure
8.   Underwater
9.   Gretel & Hansel
10.  Dolittle
11.  The Rhythm Section
12.  Fantasy Island
13.  Like a Boss
14.  The Grudge
15.  Downhill
16.  The Turning

Top 5 are the ones I'd actually call good, and the bottom 7 are the ones I'd call flat out bad, with the ones inbetween being somewhere in the range of "eh, it's ok"

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2020, 06:25:43 AM »
You wanna know what's really best in life? Watching "Conan the Barbarian" with the commentary track. I lost count of how many times Arnold says "exactly" or "it's funny".

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"