Author Topic: AEW Revolution  (Read 1042 times)

Description: Our champion is only 49 years old!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Re: AEW Revolution
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2020, 08:15:19 AM »
He did say it was better than Los Gringos Locos v. El Hijo del Santo and Octagon at When World's Collide as far as North America goes though!

"and I was there live for that!!"

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2020, 09:00:33 AM »
Lirl what a moron. He was at a better tag match literally last year and I was forced to look at him during that entire show.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Springtime for Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »
Just watched the show and I thought it was pretty good. Agreed the opener dragged too long and the tag title match, while not great, was still pretty enjoyable. I just shrug my shoulders at the people praising it as the best tag match ever and the people thinking it was total shit.

If anyone still dislikes Orange Cassidy after last night then fuck off  :)

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • I have a doobie in my funk.
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
I get bored after a big show sometimes and see what ol' Scooter has to say in his review. His opinion of the tag match:

"You know me, I love me some tag team wrestling, and this may have been the best match in the brief but wonderful history of this wonderful company.  They just kept hitting higher and higher emotional gears like the cars in the old Fast & Furious movies endlessly shifting and hitting the NOS.  *****  This is the best storyline in wrestling right now, with so many ways they can still go."

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2020, 09:00:33 PM »
The storyline with Page and Omega vs. the Bucks is great and the match was fun but they were in the perfect groove to go home about 15 minutes in and it just. Kept. Going.

Still probably the best match of the show but no way could I give that ***** if I did star ratings.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2020, 01:53:13 AM »
I also really like the Page/Kenny vs. Young Bucks storyline, so it saddens me that the development of the feud had something that bad in the middle.

He did say it was better than Los Gringos Locos v. El Hijo del Santo and Octagon at When World's Collide as far as North America goes though!
This is my go-to "best North American" tag choice, btw.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2020, 01:58:30 AM »
Finished the rest of the show last night.

Orange/PAC was very good. I never liked Orange on the indies, but heels treating his shtick like he's just mocking them and using it as a jumping off point to a regular match is a much better formula than what he had before.

I liked Jericho/Mox a lot, too. Jericho did the thing he does occasionally now where he just potatoes people in lieu of actual movement. I love it. It had the structure of a early Rock/Austin match. Just enough shenanigans to add drama and hide some of Jericho's weaknesses.

The last two matches saved the show for me.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
I keep telling myself that OC is a trained professional, but I was so worried he was going to hurt himself flying around with his hands in his pockets.

Fun show, regardless.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
Re-watched Mox/Jericho by itself and not after 3.5 hours of other stuff. This would've been the perfect ME for a 3 hour show, but add another hour in and it suffers a bit. Taken in a vacuum, though, it was one of the better brawls I've seen in a long time.