Author Topic: Smackdown Superstar Epico wins top belt in Puerto Rico  (Read 44 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes

Probably not many people but me care but since we are so close to the week turning over, giving this a thread of its own to start the discussion.

Shining Stars path has been pretty weird, really since Epico's injury while on RAW.  They worked a Smackdown in August 2018, jobbing in a triple threat tag match.  Disappeared until Smackdown needed teams for the tag team match at Survivor Series and got to work the Pay Per View.

Primo showed up as one of Shane's goons with Sanity right before Wrestlemania but no Epico.  Granted that didn't matter because after Miz beat Sanity 3-on-1, they were silently broken up.  I hadn't even heard speculation if Epico was hurt again as no one really seems to care but Primo seemed to be all alone in other spots too, I believe on a house show and in the Andre Battle Royal.

Epico is apparently working the Colon promotion in Puerto Rico, which the speculation was that he and Primo were still under contract in part due to the desire to acquire the Puerto Rico tape library, which reportedly was sold to WWE in November 2018.

In the crazy environment that is pro wrestling in 2018, it still seems odd to hear about a below low card guy from WWE go win the top belt in essentially an old-time territory, so thought this could lead to an interesting discussion, or an enlightment if anyone on the board is up to date on the 2018 Puerto Rican wrestling scene.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
Re: Smackdown Superstar Epico wins top belt in Puerto Rico
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:17:34 PM »
I remember seeing that Huracan (Jesus) Castillo Jr. had quite a bit of success there. It’s kind of bizarre to see how well Puerto Rican’s do in their home territory compared to how WWE treats them.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: Smackdown Superstar Epico wins top belt in Puerto Rico
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:38:45 PM »
I know Carlito had been content just working on the island after his WWE release.  There had been so many WWE returns rumored through the years, not to mention the expectation he'd show up in Impact or somewhere.  Pretty crazy with how hyped Carlito was for a stretch there that he's been gone (2010) almost double the length of his WWE run at this point (late 2004 to early 2010).
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater