Author Topic: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension  (Read 12408 times)

Description:

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Re: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2018, 06:28:18 AM »
She also has a history of sleeping with guys backstage to move up, by her own saying. Obviously if Jay did that, her history shouldn't discredit her, but when you have a history, it makes things you say harder to believe. I am interested to see where this one goes, if anywhere at all. Jay being one of the most respected guys around and all. It's not like she's making Big Mike or someone from his camp.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/cory-machado.22158/

This is a relevant thread spanning the last couple years about Taeler's boyfriend, Cory Machado. He seems an obvious scam artist. If this goes to trial? Their relationship and his easily debunked cons won't help her.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2018, 11:40:16 AM »
I'm going to skip past the gross "well hey she fucked a lot of other guys" and just post an update from Meltzer:

Fans were heckling Taelor Hendrix on her Friday night booking in San Antonio chanting "Jay Lethal," "ROH" and things a lot worse at her. She lashed back at them. Hendrix claimed she stopped being booked on ROH TV in 2017 when she refused to sleep with Jay Lethal. ROH, as noted yesterday, said it was Hendrix who quit the promotion and was still being booked when she quit. Lethal also responded saying there was nothing to the story and then asked not to use his words to attack himself or his accuser. "There is already too much hate going around in this world, so let's not add to it." He said he was confident the accusations will be proven to be completely unfounded and noted ROH is doing an investigation. Here's the deal, whatever you want to believe, please don't heckle either person involved regarding this situation. It's just hurts it for the fans who want to be entertained.

People are assholes.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2018, 05:14:45 AM »
It's weird her social media history went from thanking ROH for the opportunity, to blaming Mandy Leon as being some major political player who held her down while she has only been booked 3 or 4 times so far this year, to blaming Delirious, and now this. I know people can never look at things as a whole in this day and age and any sorta uncomfortable thought becomes victim blaming I guess.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2018, 05:31:12 AM »

Considering Lethal is even saying not to attack Hendrix while denying the allegations, I tend to believe him in this scenario.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »
Lethal's response is probably the best I've seen (not that I'm one to tell people how to respond to things!) and I think he is probably telling the truth. That said the reactions have varied from the reasonable (KOAB's) to the gross (people heckling her, using her sexual history against her).

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2018, 07:36:15 AM »
The fallout from this could be pretty strange considering everything going on, including details posted in this thread about the weird "fake news" kind of boyfriend she has, how she would blame one person after the next when she left ROH (as well as inversely thanked the company as well?), the rumors about her attitude in other companies and how that led to her departure, etc.

All in all, seems pretty clear she's not being honest here and just wants to piggyback off this Me Too movement in trying to get noticed and some attention. If the only "proof" she has is some guy called Jay in her cell contacts asking a very vague request that could be interpreted a million ways....yeah that isn't really showcasing any proof really by my eyes. Even if that was legitimately his texts, he could have simply been wanting to talk to her about a variety of issues.......perhaps the fact she was over her head in her expectations in the company, or was acting inappropriate in the back with other talent, which seems plausable. I'm not saying Lethal is for sure this innocent saint, but I could see him trying to smooth out issues with other talent who are a part of his push instead of pulling a shit move like she's suggesting. Plus, does Lethal really have any pull in the company like that anyway? Makes no sense why she would think he would have the power to let her go from the company from a sexual proposition gone bad. Plus if she was let go, then why did she make a point to be so gracious upon her exit?

There needs to be and there probably will be major repercussions in the industry if or when the truth comes out on this. If she's totally lying, I could see most of the industry blackballing her like they did Elgin. He got catcalled like crazy too right after his mess and that led to everyone stopping to book him.

Speaking of truth, where and how does Truth Martini fit into all of this? You would think he would speak out on some level since he's kind of in the middle of all this and I've always wondered where he dissapeared to and why.
EDIT - Realized he left ROH almost a year before this shit imploded with Hendrix/ROH. So he probably has no knowledge on WTF happened.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »

For 16 years, Ring of Honor Wrestling has created some of the top stars in professional wrestling, and for nearly 50 years, New Japan Pro-Wrestling has brought Japanese Strong Style to the world. Together, these two companies have delivered world class shows such as “War of the Worlds,” “Strong Style Evolved,” “Global Wars,” “Honor Rising,” and the “G1 Special,” which NJPW has launched as a special kickoff in the United States to their annual “G1 Climax,” known as one of the most elite tournaments in professional wrestling.

ROH and NJPW are proud to announce that on April 6th, 2019, the companies will join forces to present the ultimate wrestling event, “G1 Supercard,” to fans from around the world, LIVE from Madison Square Garden in New York City!

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:40 AM »
bah gawddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
Breaking: WWE signs the entire NJPW and ROH roster
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

• Admin
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »
Breaking: WWE signs the entire NJPW and ROH roster

Yeah, you can pretty much guarantee they're going to go all out to destroy their rosters. Some big money offers will be sent out.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2018, 10:45:13 AM »
This isn't a surprise, but I am surprised WWE didn't do something like book MSG for the Hall of Fame on Friday and Takeover at Barclay's on Saturday to prevent it, though that just seems like a huge waste of money.

Be interesting to see if they try to get a legit full sellout or just open the lower bowls for tickets.  With Takeover at the same time that might be a tough sell.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
This isn't a surprise, but I am surprised WWE didn't do something like book MSG for the Hall of Fame on Friday and Takeover at Barclay's on Saturday to prevent it, though that just seems like a huge waste of money.

Be interesting to see if they try to get a legit full sellout or just open the lower bowls for tickets.  With Takeover at the same time that might be a tough sell.

They sold 6000 tickets in NO Maina weekend, and Takeover was happening at the same time. There's going to be tons of people in town, like NO. Even if they don't sell it out, or even most until then, they'll get a big rush that day.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
Letting ROH/NJPW pay the expensive MSG rates and then raiding them (they were already going to do that though) is just smart business. WWE won't pay to broadcast from MSG so if ROH/NJPW is going to not only do a show there but maybe even a ppv? that's an assload of money. This also makes it even more likely wwe is going to throw huge offers at most of the top foreign workers in NJPW.

It's a ballsy move by ROH/NJPW but I don't think in the long term challenging WWE when it's going to be more flush with cash than it ever has been in what it sees as it's home territory is the smartest idea. I hope it goes well though.

• Admin
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
It's NYC. They'll sell out.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
One of the big questions, since this is April of 2019, Kenny and Bucks have their contracts coming up in a few months. Are they going to be there, or will WWE have thrown enough money at them to get them?

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
This is quite possibly a tactic by Sinclair to make ROH as much of a annoyance as possible to WWE to get them to buy ROH at as high a price as possible as well.

Even if they sell out I don't know if it will make money if they also make it a ppv because MSG charges so much for broadcasting. and if they don't make it a ppv people will be super pissed. it's going to be interesting to see.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »
One of the big questions, since this is April of 2019, Kenny and Bucks have their contracts coming up in a few months. Are they going to be there, or will WWE have thrown enough money at them to get them?

The more I think about it, the more that it's going to take the literal "offer you can't refuse" to get them to make the move.  You can make the case that they are truly the most popular and most well-known non WWE wrestlers in the world right now and that gives them a whole lot of leverage.  They don't seem to view being in WWE as the top of the mountain and that they HAVE to eventually get there to legitimize their careers so if they don't like WWE's offer, they'll be more than content to keep on their current path.

Offline Tino Standard

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »
I wonder if MSG was willing to deal a bit with ROH/NJPW, because it sounds like they were pretty pissed WWE chose to have zero WM weekend events there and had already expressed a willingness to have other promotions run shows. I know there are the union requirements that make doing broadcasts from there so cost prohibitive, but maybe there was wiggle room elsewhere in the negotiations? Would love to know more about how this deal went down.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
I don't get why they didn't go to Newark or Long Island instead? It's going to be expensive to rent MSG, plus Vince has to be fuming.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2018, 01:40:36 PM »
Because it's easy to get to. Manhattan Center is right across the street, and they've run there for year. Everything that weekend for the indies is going to be in the city.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
It’s also a statement.

Offline Gert

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »
This is quite possibly a tactic by Sinclair to make ROH as much of a annoyance as possible to WWE to get them to buy ROH at as high a price as possible as well.

Even if they sell out I don't know if it will make money if they also make it a ppv because MSG charges so much for broadcasting. and if they don't make it a ppv people will be super pissed. it's going to be interesting to see.

This is a good point and one that Cornette brought up lately. ROH itself can get kicked around by WWE's money, but Sinclair has plenty of money to do this.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:36 PM »
Sinclair vs McMahon would be hilarious
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
I think Sinclair got pissed and opened up the wallet to make this happen. Plus who knows what wizard magic Harold Meij worked. The dude seems pretty sharp and successful.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2018, 01:59:28 AM »
I think Sinclair got pissed and opened up the wallet to make this happen. Plus who knows what wizard magic Harold Meij worked. The dude seems pretty sharp and successful.

Exactly. Sinclair "lawyered up" like a mofo after the word was that WWE shut the idea down. It will be interesting to hear the details but my thought is that WWE finally got countered with a legal team that actually called them out on the hypocrisy of shutting one company down while still technically letting another one go ahead with a show even though it clearly won't likely happen (AAA). There would be legal means to contest that sort of decision.

There may be something to that with New Japan being added into this, maybe there was a legal ground that WWE couldnt fight an international non-US wrestling company really (this would make sense since as I said, AAA was being allowed to do a future show if they wanted in MSG). Perhaps NJPW is going to take many of the rental costs, etc. Who knows.

As far as broadcasting goes, it will be interesting to see how using streaming services (Honor Club and NJWorld) to broadcast it will skirt around the high costs MSG charges for broadcasting events there. Keep in mind the last televised event WWE did do there at MSG was in fact a Network special, so they may have gotten away with it that way.

Offline Kamala For Kamala Harris

• CXF Writer
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »
I wonder which one of WWE or Sinclair is the first to try and get President Trump involved in their feud. 2018, people!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
Sinclair wants WWE to buy ROH, they've been in talks before but haven't been able to agree on a number.

edit: They might get around some of the union stuff by streaming actually looking into it.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2018, 06:24:51 AM »
Per BTE Jericho and the Young Bucks will wrestle Kenny, Marty and Cody on the Jericho Cruise.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »
That's interesting since it was announced that Marty is wrestling Sami Callihan.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2018, 07:47:50 AM »
That's interesting since it was announced that Marty is wrestling Sami Callihan.

My guess is that they are going to be doing many matches over the course of how many days? Considering that tournament too....I could see that split into at least two seperate events as well.

What's majorly intruiging about the Calihan/Marty match is the Impact vs ROH implications, and considering certain Impact management and broadcast talent are involved in All In, we really are getting close to a full on Impact vs ROH feud. Also add in that Madison Rayne is working Impact and ROH Women's title matches seperately this weekend (and if she conceivably wins the ROH one on Saturday, you theoretically could have ROH champ vs Impact champ on Sunday at the Impact ppv) things might be heating up soon on this front.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2018, 10:09:09 AM »

My guess is that they are going to be doing many matches over the course of how many days? Considering that tournament too....I could see that split into at least two seperate events as well.

You know, that's a big ol' duh to me. I didn't even think about that at all.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
I ended up getting Honor Club. It's good to stream these shows because they're so much more fun than ROH TV. .

Trent Baretta returned to save Colt Cabana and Chuckie T from a beatdown by Bully Ray.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2018, 01:08:05 PM »
I ended up getting Honor Club. It's good to stream these shows because they're so much more fun than ROH TV. .

Trent Baretta returned to save Colt Cabana and Chuckie T from a beatdown by Bully Ray.

The rest of the show has been eh at best. I don't care about Punishment, but I'm a huge Scorpio fan. I knew he wasn't winning, and Punishment was Punishment. The WOH match I skipped. I can't stand the division. They haven't done much to make me care about anyone in it. The 8 man tag was whatever. The 4 way wasn't bad. And I don't care about the Kingdom, but Marty is always fun.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:19 PM »
I enjoy the Kingdoms antics.

But I agree on the eh part. I usually have more fun with these. I stand by my statement that these are generally more entertaining than the TV show though.

Also I loved the finish of that 4way and it was nice to see Gresham win but it was totally telegraphed when Ian talked about the great matches he had had and Cabana pointed out he hadn't wanted any of them though. I was still a little surprised to see him choke out the big man though.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
I am so over everything having to do with Bully Ray. The retire, un-retire, now he's the angry old man and Joe is acting like there's nothing he can do (except maybe fire him, duh). Just go away already. He brings nothing to the table.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »
Also why didn't Cody come back and whip his ass? They just keep having him beat up new and small guys and acting like he's on a reign of terror but someone like Cody or Jay Lethal haven't walked out and punched him yet.

Reminds me of Miz/R-Truth's reign of terror where they ran in once or twice and suddenly the whole roster quit because HHH couldn't protect them from these two sudden monsters m

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2018, 02:21:44 PM »
Yeah, I was waiting for Cody to come out to chase Bully off and then hand Flip an All In shirt.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
I did really enjoy those last two matches. I haven't seen much Aldis but he has a definite presence about him.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »
I watch some Boston sports stuff on NESN but for some reason I never connected that I have access to watch NESN all the time and see ROH stuff on there.  I was changing shows last night when I came across the Gresham-KUSHIDA match so I set up recording the NESN ROH airings going forward.  We will see.  I only really caught the end of that match and the Marty promo on Hurricane last night.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2018, 02:22:33 PM »
It gets preempted. A lot. I had a DVR schedule for it and only half an episode was ever recorded.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
That's probably fine enough for me.  I am already DVRing every other promotion I see and not getting around to paying full attention to any of them but at least I will have some of it if something good pops up.
[img width=800

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2018, 05:11:52 AM »
It's pretty solidly recording for me days before the weekend on Weds night into Thursday (I think midnight central) on a back to back block with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. It's pretty consistent every week now. Nice part is it airs 3-4 days before the rest of the country on NESN.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2018, 12:22:14 PM »
Joey Matthews/Mercury has been hired as both a trainer and producer for the company
[img width=800

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
Got my code for purchasing tickets next Wednesday for the MSG show. Tickets will range from $30-$300. I'm going to try to get about $100-$150 tickets. I'm guessing the $300 are VIP.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
I got my code too. We took two major wrestling trips this year though and finances might not allow it. ://

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2018, 01:12:52 AM »
Just bought my tickets to the ROH/NJPW MSG show. I'm so stoked!

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2018, 02:43:40 AM »
I have my code but I'm still turning it over in my head.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
According to Joe Koff, 60% of the tickets have been sold as of today's pre-sale. That's kind of a huge deal.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2018, 08:47:55 AM »
I'm out guys. I took two vacations this year and just really can't afford to make it to New York City. I'll be watching on Honor Club though.