Author Topic: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension  (Read 17477 times)

Description:

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
Re: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension
« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2019, 01:39:17 AM »
Jeff Cobb Vs Brody King is going to be the free preshow match for Death Before Dishonor.

Cause putting one of the best matches of the PPV as the free preshow match drew DOZENS of buyers to their last PPV.

ROH just stinks of desperation right now.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #451 on: September 17, 2019, 04:30:57 AM »
That's on the pre-show? I saw the match announced, but didn't even think to read when it would air on the show. That's fucking horrible. And they wonder why they only draw 500 people to a show.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #452 on: September 19, 2019, 07:13:42 AM »
Jeff Cobb Vs Brody King is going to be the free preshow match for Death Before Dishonor.

Cause putting one of the best matches of the PPV as the free preshow match drew DOZENS of buyers to their last PPV.

ROH just stinks of desperation right now.

I wouldnt even call it desperation....more like complete ignorance and a lack of logic. This company just simply doesn't understand how to properly book a cohesive and comprehensive wrestling product right now. Not even fucking close. They did this same shit at Best in the World with putting Flip vs Rush as a pre show match. Talk about idiotic.

Now with Shane Taylor gone (thank god! Dude was not even a good worker and he got overtly pushed this year) what in the hell are they gonna do with the TV title? I read they want him to finish up and job out the belt, but who cares at this point. Just have Flip and Williams for the TV title at the ppv and be done with it all.

And then there's Taven. I figure ROH will re-sign him right before the ppv and then he goes over Rush just to confirm that this company is completely fucked with no future upside. Needless to say, I would always go to Vegas for the weekend when ROH would come around. This year that has changed drastically as I haven't bothered and I'm considering not even ordering the ppv at all.

I read a rumor (and not sure how legit this is) that Impact/Anthem might be interested in buying ROH out, and honestly I think at this point, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Anthem actually now technically owns some old ROH content when they were on HDNet, so there is a connection there already. Would ROH still be run seperately by Anthem if this happens? That's the question I'm not sure of.

But IF they get bought out and Anthem decides to keep them around as an active touring entity, there NEEDS to be a creative change of the guard in ROH 110 percent.

If not, the impending Impact vs ROH feud would likely be a fun focus for Impact on the outset of the new run on AXS

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #453 on: September 19, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »
I watched the last episode of ROH TV this morning. Good news is there was more than one match. Bad news is the other match was Rhett Titus Vs the lesser member of Coast 2 Coast.  ::)

Marty Scurll vs Bandido was p. dope tho.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #454 on: September 22, 2019, 10:20:08 PM »
2 out of 3 of the finalists in BOLA were ROH guys (Bandido and Jonathan Gresham).

This should constitute as rare good news in the year of our lord 2019 for ROH and should be a signal of what type of guys to build around but why oh why do I think ROH's takeaway will be "Hey. These guys are working too many outside shows. Let's have them job to Rhett Titus!"

(Also should note 3rd finalist for BOLA was David Starr, who had a few cups of coffee with ROH. most notably two years ago when he was brought in and he seemed like he was gonna get a midcard push, only to immediately to job to Josh Woods and never show up again)

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #455 on: September 28, 2019, 01:54:15 AM »
Our long national nightmare is over.

Matt Taven lost the ROH World Title to Rush at the PPV last night.

Angelina Love also won the WOH World Title cause ROH can't do more than one thing right, I guess but still pumped that the right guy is ROH World Champ for the first time since....?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2019, 05:49:39 AM »
Is Rhett Titus any better than he was ten or so years ago? He and Tyler Reks were my top EWR tag team!

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2019, 12:53:58 AM »
Not really. I actually kind of like Rhett Titus as undercard heel fodder but anytime ROH pushes him as an actual midcard threat (especially now as an inspirational babyface), I'm like "WTH are you even doing?"

So per the TV tapings spoilers, ROH is starting some sort of partnership with
Spoiler: show
 Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Jake Atlas and Bateman had a match and I guess Bateman is gonna be an ally of Bully Ray. Bully Ray is also back. Blech

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2019, 03:19:07 AM »
Apprently, their offer was 3x HIGHER than WWE's.

Why ROH would feel the need to dramatically overpay a guy who is a proven disastrous failure as a draw when they're bleeding money out of their ass? I guess it just shows why they're bleeding money out of the ass...

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2019, 03:20:01 AM »
Not really. I actually kind of like Rhett Titus as undercard heel fodder but anytime ROH pushes him as an actual midcard threat (especially now as an inspirational babyface), I'm like "WTH are you even doing?"

So per the TV tapings spoilers, ROH is starting some sort of partnership with
Spoiler: show
 Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Jake Atlas and Bateman had a match and I guess Bateman is gonna be an ally of Bully Ray. Bully Ray is also back. Blech

I love Bateman, but I want Atlas as far from the stink of ROH as possible. He's a stud and a guy who will be a superstar. He deserves to be on a more high profile show where he can go nuts. Dude is beyond talented, and one of the nicest wrestlers I've met. I'd love to see him AEW just because I know they would allow him to do everything he can in the ring. NXT would be great for him too, as much I don't like WWE.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2019, 03:29:44 AM »
It sounds like Atlas was just doing a guest shot but Bateman's going to be doing a full run with ROH. Agree with your sentiment though. I'm guessing AEW signs him within a year cause not only is he hot prospect but the fact that he's openly gay fits within their brand.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »
Matt Taven losing the ROH title, good

Shane Taylor retaining the TV title, bad (his "exit" was a work? ugh).

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #463 on: September 30, 2019, 05:35:25 AM »
Matt Taven losing the ROH title, good

Shane Taylor retaining the TV title, bad (his "exit" was a work? ugh).

Yeah I can't tell if the Taylor thing was a work the entire time, or if there was legit issues that then got smoothed over afterwards. Either way, quite the dumb booking choice. They are setting up Dragon Lee vs Taylor and seems conceivable (especially if he's going to be out of CMLL now) that they are going to flip the belt to Lee. Then why not just fucking do it here since he was in the match as a surprise?

Love over Klein is another example of lets put belts on people who we know the fanbase is sour on, that will show those pesky fans! So dumb but the ROH women's division is a joke anyway so this is nothing new.

The Bully Ray re-appearance, even a subtle nod to why he was gone in the first place in the angle is another indication that creative just simply does not get it at all.

Can ya tell I was annoyed with the Vegas stuff? I ordered the ppv and watched the next night on Honor Club and I'm still not feeling the direction. That said, Taven-Rush was by far the best match of the two nights and probably was close to a ROH match of the year candidate. Taven, to his credit, busted his ass out there....so did Rush.

Now though, seems like Taven will be a face from this point on, which again makes me wonder what kind of drugs this creative team is on. Plus a 3 times the WWE offer? Terrible move.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #464 on: September 30, 2019, 05:44:48 AM »
I've only kept up by reading results. Why was Vinny What'shisname teaming with Silas Young? Is Flip still in Villain Enterprises? IS he a full fledged heel while the rest of VE are faces? What the fuck is going on over there?

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #465 on: September 30, 2019, 06:02:31 AM »
I think TK O'Ryan has some nagging injury issues so Silas filled since he had previous issue with Bouncers.

I'm not sure what the hell Villain Club's heel/face status. I think they're technically supposed to have been heels the whole time but no one ever boos them...so I guess in that aspect they're a successful successor to Bullet Club for ROH.

Actually that brings up my problem with ROH of not just this year but of the 5 or so years that I've been watching. Their heels are either presented too cool to really hate or have legit "go away" heel heat (coughBULLYRAYcough)

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #466 on: September 30, 2019, 06:14:53 AM »
I've only kept up by reading results. Why was Vinny What'shisname teaming with Silas Young? Is Flip still in Villain Enterprises? IS he a full fledged heel while the rest of VE are faces? What the fuck is going on over there?

I have no idea on why Vinny was with Silas, but there seemed to be an angle Silas is doing with Josh Woods where Woods wants to be his tag partner but Young keeps fuckin with him. So maybe that's why? I have no idea really

Flip is technically still in the faction but offers nothing of substance. They did a no DQ match with him and Tracy Williams the next night after the ppv that felt like a blowoff of a program between the two and actually, felt kind of like Flip was maybe being written off. Maybe his contract is finally up soon and I'm sure he won't be resigning, given how he's been used this year.

-EDIT: Forgot to mention for some reason they are teasing that Flip and Bully Ray are actually working together now. Again, makes no sense.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #467 on: September 30, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
I am pretty sure I had heard Flip was up in October and pretty well expected to be AEW bound.

Can the argument really be made of "how they used him this year"?  I mean, ROH has done a lot of dumb stuff but they've pushed him when he hasn't been injured and then he's come back and been re-injured.

My exposure to Flip is fairly limited so I've never gotten super high on him but they were pushing him like a main guy when he really is going to top out as a lower midcarder in AEW, in my opinion from what I've seen and heard.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #468 on: September 30, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »
MAGA Flip won't end up in AEW

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #469 on: October 03, 2019, 01:56:00 PM »

Y-I-K-E-S

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #470 on: October 03, 2019, 04:17:44 PM »
I've heard people mention Marty's contract being up in the fall.  November is what I've heard.  Has this ever been confirmed?  As if so you'd think there would be a lot more talk of where he goes.  As you could potentially have the biggest name besides Punk available for WWE and AEW to bid on in 4 weeks.  I feel like there's been very little talk about it.
Randy!

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2019, 01:56:33 AM »
Seems likely, especially based on a promo I saw Scurll cut on ROH TV this week, that he will win this tournament and they will probably use the title shot as an incentive to re-sign. If he re-signs they probably will give him the belt. If not, he's done. I think I read he's done at year's end, so end of December. That would line up with all this since the shot would be mid December at Final Battle.

FWIW, if he re-signs here he is a fuckin fool. So much more opportunity in WWE or AEW. Fully expect him to go to AEW

And WOW at that buyrate drop! That is no shock at all since the June ppv had this aura of total failure/hopelessness from this company, especially that crap with Taven beating Cobb's streak handily. And there was zero buzz or interest in this show based on the lack of creativity in booking since June.

On a side note, ROH and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood has become my Thursday night wrestling viewing lineup. They are going to consistently be on NESN late Weds into Thursday with Red Sox baseball done. So I have at least a few hours of wrestling set for literally every fuckin night of the week now except Sundays (unless its a pay per view night). Whew!!!

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2019, 04:04:02 AM »
If they gave Taven the deal they gave him, I can see them throwing Marty a bigger downside deal - which Taben got more money than WWE gives, supposedly.

Think the other companies could be more lucrative with the non-guaranteed money and happiness.  Very curious where Marty lands despite me being 80% confident it is AEW
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2019, 12:07:58 PM »
Seems likely, especially based on a promo I saw Scurll cut on ROH TV this week, that he will win this tournament and they will probably use the title shot as an incentive to re-sign. If he re-signs they probably will give him the belt. If not, he's done. I think I read he's done at year's end, so end of December. That would line up with all this since the shot would be mid December at Final Battle.

FWIW, if he re-signs here he is a fuckin fool. So much more opportunity in WWE or AEW. Fully expect him to go to AEW

And WOW at that buyrate drop! That is no shock at all since the June ppv had this aura of total failure/hopelessness from this company, especially that crap with Taven beating Cobb's streak handily. And there was zero buzz or interest in this show based on the lack of creativity in booking since June.

On a side note, ROH and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood has become my Thursday night wrestling viewing lineup. They are going to consistently be on NESN late Weds into Thursday with Red Sox baseball done. So I have at least a few hours of wrestling set for literally every fuckin night of the week now except Sundays (unless its a pay per view night). Whew!!!

CWFH is one of my weekly go to shows. I love that company. It helps that I'm friends with a bunch of guys there, but I enjoy the stuff they're doing there. They have some really solid talent.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #474 on: October 04, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »

Y-I-K-E-S

Future Stars of Wrestling had their big Mecca V show there last Sunday and outdrew ROH by a lot. They easily sold out the venue. It's their home, and they've been there for a decade, but it was laughable how many more people came out for a local indy than did for ROH.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »
It definitely seems like ROH and Impact have switched bodies where Impact is the company plugging along, doing their own thing while ROH is the company barely hanging on and nobody knows how.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #476 on: October 05, 2019, 05:13:05 AM »
It definitely seems like ROH and Impact have switched bodies where Impact is the company plugging along, doing their own thing while ROH is the company barely hanging on and nobody knows how.

I have a feeling Sinclair will sell off ROH to Anthem eventually....there's a carrot hanging of sorts as Anthem now technically has their hands on some ROH footage as well from the HDNet days and there would be an advantage for Anthem to buy all of the ROH footage and make a larger paid subscription network with Impact. Plus it would make for some increased viewership (in theory) on AXS if they did a inter-promotional angle between Impact and ROH as well that rolled into both shows.

Anthem would most certainly have to impliment a total and complete creative shift with the company but they have guys like Jimmy Jacobs who could probably take a big role in getting the company back to more of the core uniqueness the product had back in its more illustrious history. Jacobs was a part of that so he'd have a good background to maybe lead creative if this ever went down.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #477 on: October 08, 2019, 05:04:46 AM »
Whoops nothing to see here. Like ROH in 2019 ;D

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #478 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:04 PM »
Final Battle 2019 main event is Rush defending the ROH World Title against PCO.

If you told me two years ago, that ROH would be main eventing one of the biggest PPVs of the year with a 51 year old Pierre Carl Ouellette, I would have guessed you were recently punted in the skull by Randy Orton.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »
Kelly Klein won the WOH title last night for a third time. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Just kill  the division already.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #481 on: October 22, 2019, 01:02:38 AM »
I made the mistake of watching this weekend's ROH TV show and boy oh boy...if they haven't hit rock bottom, they are getting close to it.

At least, it seems like they are somewhat easing out of a recap show with a match at the end format by being half recap show with TWO matches. Everything else though...

You had Shane Taylor doing a Summer of Punk schtick with the TV Title, jabbering about how he's a hot commodity who'll take the title anywhere. You had a troll fan ripping up a Joe Hendry autograph, which I'm surprised they didn't edit out. A lot of stuff on the Rhett Titus: Beleaguered Family Man storyline. Which is like the Heath Slater: I've Got KIDS! Storyline if they decided to play it absolutely deadly serious and with sub-porno acting skills.

And Matt Taven and the Kingdom, out of nowhere, turned babyface VIA PROMO. Matt Taven has been a huge dick for past several years, spilled his heart about how much he loves this company and thinks it's the best damn wrestling in the world. I think "I got beat up by my last opponent so bad, I had a change of heart!" turn is almost as lame as a t-shirt turn.

And the crowd is totally apathetic. I didn't think you could curtain off a venue as small as Sam's Town in Vegas but I think they curtained off part of the audience! It had a last year of the promotion vibe. Crowd couldn't have been more than a few hundred people and given that it was Vegas, I doubt that many people paid.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #482 on: October 23, 2019, 06:41:51 AM »
I made the mistake of watching this weekend's ROH TV show and boy oh boy...if they haven't hit rock bottom, they are getting close to it.

At least, it seems like they are somewhat easing out of a recap show with a match at the end format by being half recap show with TWO matches. Everything else though...

You had Shane Taylor doing a Summer of Punk schtick with the TV Title, jabbering about how he's a hot commodity who'll take the title anywhere. You had a troll fan ripping up a Joe Hendry autograph, which I'm surprised they didn't edit out. A lot of stuff on the Rhett Titus: Beleaguered Family Man storyline. Which is like the Heath Slater: I've Got KIDS! Storyline if they decided to play it absolutely deadly serious and with sub-porno acting skills.

And Matt Taven and the Kingdom, out of nowhere, turned babyface VIA PROMO. Matt Taven has been a huge dick for past several years, spilled his heart about how much he loves this company and thinks it's the best damn wrestling in the world. I think "I got beat up by my last opponent so bad, I had a change of heart!" turn is almost as lame as a t-shirt turn.

And the crowd is totally apathetic. I didn't think you could curtain off a venue as small as Sam's Town in Vegas but I think they curtained off part of the audience! It had a last year of the promotion vibe. Crowd couldn't have been more than a few hundred people and given that it was Vegas, I doubt that many people paid.

Yeah, there was reports that Sams Town was handing out stacks of tickets to patrons of the casino endlessly on the days of the tapings. This was a very stark contrast to Sam's Town selling out nearly everytime ROH would come there. Buddy and I went to many ROH events there and the vibe was good, they had strong attendance even to the meet and greets before right outside the arena.

Things certainly changed once they did a terribly attended double shot at The Orleans Arena last Sept. After that, they couldn't even draw back at Sams hardly. This last run was the absolute worse of any ROH show, attendance wise. You could just tell the risor seats were hardly sold at all. I've been to even FSW shows at Sams that drew WAY better than that. Also, I had read that Impact drew better on their two nights recently there than ROH did by far as well. Writing is certainly on the wall that this company is going nowhere fast.

I agree, the TV is a real struggle. I even forgot about the last event that they finished off the tournament, had the women's title switch, etc. I just could really care less what this company is doing now, and I've been a diehard ROH fan since the start.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #483 on: October 23, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
Also Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory drew like 3x the crowd that ROH did at the same venue for the last War of the Worlds show so I think the Impact/ROH body swap is fully complete

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #484 on: October 29, 2019, 03:04:49 AM »
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=130865
ROH postponed their Texas loop next month.

Seems like the end is near. Even the UK shows were empty and I can't remember the last time a UK show wasn't super hot. Maybe the last time Impact ran there 4 or 5 years ago.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2019, 03:17:14 AM »
If Impact has taught us anything, it's that wrestling companies never really die off like they used to. I think ROH will trek on until someone buys them out. No way Sinclair keeps them if they keep hemorrhaging money but the name they've built up over the past two decades is too valuable to just die out. It's very possible that Anthem makes a bid for them. Point is, ROH will exist in some capacity but there needs to be a giant overhaul.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #486 on: October 29, 2019, 03:34:59 AM »
Even in Impact's low points, they always had the Impact Zone to fall back on and a small base of hardcore fans. If there are die hard ROH fans in 2019, I'm not seeing or hearing a lot from them. Where is their homebase?

Everybody in creative needs to get fired ASAP. It's been stagnant for years, even when ROH was drawing well during the Cody/Elite days. It's just more apparent how awful it is now that all of the fans are gone.

After that, I don't know where to begin. Impact is taking the ECW/edgy route, NWA Powerrr is taking the old school route. What the hell is going to be ROH's niche in 2020?

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #487 on: October 29, 2019, 03:47:18 AM »
They can still adopt their original stance of "no bullshit, just great wrestling matches". Yeah, AEW is trying to implement that but ROH was churning out MOTY monthly in their heyday so there will always be a market for that.

Philly were their original homebase but in recent years NYC/Boston were the best drawing shows. The last shows from those cities though drew poorly so they probably won't run those venues until business picks up. Believe it or not, there are still plenty of ROH diehards.

I'M READY FOR 50 YEAR OLD PCO BEING WORLD CHAMP!!!!

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #488 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:43 AM »
They can still adopt their original stance of "no bullshit, just great wrestling matches".
They tried at the beginning of the year by signing the Lifeblood guys, Bandido Jr, Jeff Cobb, and Zack Sabre Jr then they got sidetracked and now at least half those guys are gone and whoever is left, is probably going to leave soon.

I'm guessing there's gonna be a pretty intense bidding war for ROH in the next 6 to 12 months between WWE and Anthem. I'm guessing unless WWE offers a stupid ridiculous offer that is 4 or 5x the 2nd best offer, they'll go with Anthem cause WWE will just want the tape library while Anthem will want it to fill out airtime on AXS TV.

Offline Gary

• Into Darkness
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #489 on: October 29, 2019, 05:48:30 AM »
Meanwhile

Something tells me a drunk Jay Briscoe on the microphone could end badly...

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #490 on: November 01, 2019, 12:39:43 AM »
Joey Mercury, who I guess isn't producing for ROH anymore, is going OFF on them (specifically the general manager) on Twitter. Talking about how management tried to get Kelly Klein to fly to South Africa for a match while she had a concussion.

Invalid Tweet ID

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #491 on: November 01, 2019, 12:46:30 AM »

I mean I knew ROH was wildly incompetent but not "We forgot (didn't bother?) to pick Hiroki Goto up at the airport" level incompetent!

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #492 on: November 01, 2019, 02:04:18 AM »
Looks like he created a completely new Twitter account to bitch about ROH.

ROH turning into a seedy carny is something no one would have predicted just 3 years ago.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #493 on: November 01, 2019, 02:17:19 AM »
Actually, considering Sinclair owns them, it probably was only a matter of time before it happened, really.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #494 on: November 01, 2019, 05:56:31 AM »
Looks like he created a completely new Twitter account to bitch about ROH.

ROH turning into a seedy carny is something no one would have predicted just 3 years ago.

Well actually I did say this would happen as soon as their relationship with NJPW fell apart. That's why Dama made this passive aggressive thread title.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #495 on: November 03, 2019, 05:30:51 AM »

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #496 on: November 03, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »

According to paperwork Joey posted, Kelly Klein was only making $24,000/year, and that was as champion.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2019, 10:18:35 PM »
Quote from: results from ROH's show last night in Columbus
Shane Taylor comes out to complain that his match was changed up tonight. Shane challenges Colt Cabana to a match. Colt agrees to a 4 on 4 (Taylor and 3 members of Shane Taylor promotions vs Colt, a cameraman named Gator, Ian Riccobani and promoter Gary Juster- I swear to god I’m not making this up).  Before the bell Brian Johnson comes out to complain that he’s under utilized and under promoted. Mecca showed some fire. Cabana assigned Johnson to Shane Taylor’s team and added senior referee Todd Sinclair to his own team, so it’s now 5 on 5. Taylor and his promotion team bails on Johnson as he’s jawing off to them. So it’s 5 on 1. Brief comedy ends when Cabana pins Johnson after a darn good top rope elbow drop by Riccobani

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »
...just close the fucking company

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #499 on: November 04, 2019, 01:19:43 AM »
The results from this weekend's shows sound absolutely terrible. Between the weekend results, the cancelling of the Texas shows, and what Mercury went off about on this week.....wow. Sinclair needs to seriously start taking offers.