Author Topic: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension  (Read 4193 times)

Description:

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Re: ROH: Not Just a NJPW Brand Extension
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2018, 11:01:54 AM »
Juice is for sure over in Japan and a really really good worker. I'd rate him as better than any of the Bullet Club guys except for Omega, and he's a fantastic promo.

I agree with this, but I've become a huge Juice mark over the past year and a half. His promos are some of the best around.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »
Probably not the right thread to talk about Juice but I've wanted to for a while.  I dig Juice and hope he stays out of WWE.  As much as he's proven himself, I don't see him making a "raise his value" comeback like guys like McIntyre.  As much as he's proven himself, I can't see him getting a shot in WWE beyond where he was before and think he's best on the outside.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2018, 12:38:30 AM »
Probably not the right thread to talk about Juice but I've wanted to for a while.  I dig Juice and hope he stays out of WWE.  As much as he's proven himself, I don't see him making a "raise his value" comeback like guys like McIntyre.  As much as he's proven himself, I can't see him getting a shot in WWE beyond where he was before and think he's best on the outside.

There were rumors a few months back about WWE being interested in Juice. I agree with you. It's different with someone like Drew and him. He wasn't on main roster TV at the time of his release, so fans wouldn't know him. He'd have to go to NXT, and while there is a ton of talent there, I can't see him being ok with that over staying in Japan and working in front of the fans there.

I just think it's amazing that someone like Juice, with not as big of name as others, went from NXT reject to one of the most over guys in Japan. I think the fact that he went to NJPW and asked them to be a Young Lion, even though he was already a trained wrestler, showed that he respected them and was willing to eat shit before making it again.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »
I’m watching ROH TV and can someone tell me who is Shane Taylor and how is he in this company?

DTF

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
He was in a tag team with Keith Lee years ago but Lee knew he'd be a big singles star so he broke off on his own and left Taylor hanging. ROH still books him probably because they want their own Keith Lee. Yeah, he's pretty bad.

Offline God King Emperor Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
I feel like ROH lowballing Keith Lee and thinking Shane Taylor was acceptable substitute was one of the worst decisions they've made in past few years.