Author Topic: Mueller files charges  (Read 3119 times)

Description:

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
Re: Mueller files charges
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:23 AM »
Do it. The only reason I don't completely shut myself off from the news is because we're at the point I legit worry that the bombs will be dropping and is like to know to make my peace. Or that people finally take up guns in the streets and start shooting people and is like to know about that as well.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2018, 08:06:19 AM »
Do it. The only reason I don't completely shut myself off from the news is because we're at the point I legit worry that the bombs will be dropping and is like to know to make my peace. Or that people finally take up guns in the streets and start shooting people and is like to know about that as well.

Well I want to keep up with what's going on in case something does happen, but it's just plain depressing now.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
It wouldn't be so depressing if Trump were ever held accountable for something.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
We must be libtards since Manafort is going to jail and Cohen is on the verge of flipping and we're all here cutting our wrists.

I suppose I'll wait til Trump pardons everyone.  Trumpers in power are moving to remove Paul Ryan as speaker now in order to pick someone more willing to rubber stamp Trump's whims.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
*gulp*

https://www.lawfareblog.com/terrible-arguments-against-constitutionality-mueller-investigation

Calabresi has made his argument in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, on a Federalist Society teleconference and in a more detailed paper he styles as a “Legal Opinion.” He contends that all of Special Counsel Mueller’s work is unconstitutionally “null and void” because, in Calabresi’s view, Mueller’s appointment violates the Appointments Clause of the Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Clause 2.

The Appointments Clause distinguishes between two classes of executive-branch “officers”—principal officers and inferior officers—and specifies how each may be appointed. As a general rule, the clause says that “Officers of the United States”—principal officers—must be nominated by the president and appointed “with the Advice and Consent of the Senate.” At the same time, however, the Appointments Clause allows for a more convenient selection method for “inferior officers”: It goes on to add, “but the Congress may by law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of law, or in the Heads of Departments.”

Calabresi argues that Special Counsel Mueller is acting as a principal officer and that, accordingly, Mueller’s appointment violates the Constitution because Mueller was appointed by the acting attorney general, and not by the president with the advice and consent of the Senate. In support of this broad point, Calabresi makes first a specific claim and then a more general one.

His specific claim, made at the outset of his “Legal Opinion,” is that “Robert Mueller has behaved like the 96 [sic] U.S. Attorneys who are principal officers of the United States and who must be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.” His more general, and overarching, claim is that under Supreme Court case law applying the Appointments Clause, Special Counsel Mueller is a principal officer because “because Mueller does not have a boss who is supervising and directing what he is doing.”

Offline Flik

• Rocking My Old Graphic Works
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2018, 04:54:40 AM »
 :-\ They really are trying to get anything to get out of this aren't they?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2018, 01:23:50 PM »
https://t.co/L4C0JNqmep

Manafort is using his lawyers laptops to continue to send emails

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »
Emails?!

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2018, 03:23:00 AM »
Gonna be a shitty meeting with the boss for Trump when he sees Putin in a few days.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2018, 03:39:00 AM »
The VERY day trump publicly asked Russia to hack Hillary they'd already started hacking lirl.

• Minister Of War
  • Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2018, 03:42:04 AM »

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2018, 05:54:50 AM »
The VERY day trump publicly asked Russia to hack Hillary they'd already started hacking lirl.

Specifically, they tried to spearphish Hillary's personal office that evening.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »
NO COLLUSION buhlieve meh