Author Topic: TWIW 12/4 - 12/10: RAW gets BROKEN  (Read 1928 times)

Description:

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: TWIW 12/4 - 12/10: RAW gets BROKEN
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
Man all of that building of Jinder for that. At least I didn't have to see it on tv or ppv.

• KOAB
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »
Also the experiment might not be over for another six months. What WWE has learned about India is something I realized once I actually seen real reactions thru social media. They only really like cool or people who stand out look wise who are faces and are dominant. Even though the end result isn't something they would like... showing Jinder being humbled in the presence of someone with the tenure of HHH could be the beginnings of a face turn for the guy to salvage this thing as a last ditch effort.

And when the handshake and bowing down didn't work they did this

and the fans recovered I guess.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »
when they had to cut it back t one date I think it was basically over.

• KOAB
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 08:07:30 AM »
In it's current form sure. WWE thought they could do the most telegraphed thing ever in taking a career long jobber and giving him the title out of nowhere and they would love it... even though it's the kind of character push that they hate. There's also the case the language he speaks isn't even spoken by 3% of the population... but they thought it could work with the same tricks they used for Great Khali in editing him as a face. They somehow didn't understand it worked for Khali because he was the biggest god damned person in the company and never looked so weak in finishes nor did he need two little guys to always help him win.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
Say what you will about Khali's ability, but he at least looked and was booked like a freakish monster.  That does count for something.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
This probably needs to be posted in the Indy thread, but I feel like it's worth posting in general chat. At the Viral Pro Wrestling show tonight, the fucking Rock and Roll Express won their World Tag Titles.

They didn't throw any dropkicks, but for a couple guys in their 60's, they're both still fairly fast on their feet. Ricky Morton even played Ricky Morton for a bit.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
Quick question: Was Jesse Ventura the first heel announcer?
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2017, 07:31:20 AM »
No, he wasn't. Piper might be the first, as he was announcing with Gordon Solie in Georgia in the early '80s.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2017, 07:58:30 AM »
Man all of that building of Jinder for that. At least I didn't have to see it on tv or ppv.

Man they didn't build Jinder worth a shit. He won like two matches cleanly and maybe one more that was semi-clean. If anything they should be paying the Singh Brothers for putting him on their shoulders and not just getting him extra heat but also taking worse beatings outside the ring than Jinder was taking in the ring. Orton almost killed both of them on multiple occasions.

I literally can not think of a world champion fans wanted less at the time of the championship being won that wasn't part of some overarching storyline that we were supposed to hate in terms of a face getting screwed over (like the Authority screwing over Bryan or Reigns using Orton, Sheamus, and HHH). Just as a guy getting his first reign, only maybe Swagger with the MITB might have been worse.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 4 HAS BEGUN.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
You don't have to build a heel by giving the clean wins. Jinder was the wrong guy and him being a guy who had never been anything but a JTTS made the push terrible but the idea a guy has to win clean or semi-clean to be built up is wrong. Having the Singh's take crazy beatings and him being a cowardly cheater is fine if Jinder is a better wrestler and character and the finishes were booked better than Singh's interfere, Jinder hits his finish.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
A guy who can talk or work in the ring can overcome dubious booking as a world champion.

A guy with great booking (that highlights their strengths and hides their flaws) can overcome not being able to talk or work as a world champion.

But someone with at best okay skills on the stick or between the ropes, and who's stuck with the lack of protection Jinder had not going to work as your world champion.

His entire reign was very unfortunate combination of a guy that wasn't nearly ready for the spot and booking that was nowhere near strong enough to make him look good. I have nothing against Mahal, but there was nothing in his reign that vindicated his title win.

Offline God King Emperor Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2017, 10:36:49 AM »
Also booking of Jinder as champ was at best latently and at worst, blatently racebaiting. Just the cherry on top of shit sundae of bad booking plus poor worker plus mediocre mic skills.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2017, 10:42:13 AM »
i dont think Jinder is a bad worker tbh. He was way above his spot shoudl have been but his first two matches with Orton were perfectly fine. Then he started getting put in goofy shit and the racebaiting stuff and having the Singh's doing all his bumping.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »
Jinder should have been US champ.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2017, 02:14:54 AM »
Honestly, I agree with that. Jinder may not be the greatest but he's leaps and bounds better than Corbin.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.