Author Topic: A Sick Guy Watches Random Shit  (Read 6293 times)

Description: WWF Wrestlemania 2000

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
Re: Sporadically Updated Sick Guy Watches Random Shit
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2018, 10:37:21 AM »

RVD looks like a goof and Sabu was Sabu (or Samu...), and the match is by 1991 standards pretty cool. If I'd seen it as a kid, I'd be pissed not having these guys around when the Iron Sheik was back on TV and getting a push. But this has to be the first televised match with them, and they didn't look too bad. I always thought they had chemistry (HUGE soft spot for their stretcher match in ECW talking, though). Also, I have no idea who the guy doing color is, but he sounds exactly like what I'd imagine a southern David Letterman would sound like.

There's also a bonus recap of a cage match between Jeff Jarrett and Robert Fuller against Sabu and his partner Judge Dredd (who just looks like Some Guy). Young Jarrett was fucking spry and actually looked like a star. He also gives both Sabu and Dredd some cringe-worthy chairshots to the head. Weird seeing Col. Parker all buffed out, too.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
Announcers sound like Dave Brown and Corey Maclin to me, but I've been wrong before.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »
Gotcha. This time period is really weird for me just because it was the end of everything. Gets very jumbled in my mind and it's weird after seeing the older stuff how the territories just got strangled.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »
It makes sense that RVD and Sabu had good chemistry. They're close friends and both were trained by Sabu's uncle, the Sheik.
Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2018, 03:58:38 PM »
Very true. It just always surprises me they work so well together, somehow. They're two guys I just enjoy watching. RVD gets a little slept on as a worker, when he gave a shit. When he was feeling it, he could have decent matches with almost anyone. Almost. I don't remember seeing an actively boring pre-2002 RVD match. It's funny seeing him there without much charisma, doing a Lanny Poffo impression, though.

WCW should've snapped them both up, though. Pillman/Sabu would've been fun.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

So when I was a kid, there was this video store liquidating all their stuff. I picked up many, many a wrestling tape there. The tape this was on was put in the wrong box, so instead of something like SuperTape '92 or whatever was this. Tape had like four matches, and all I remember is this and a pretty dull Ken Patera vs Jose Lothario match. But this is the match I remembered, and after I got the proper SuperTape I traded this back. Didn't like the old school stuff, you know? Never saw it again, but this has been a match I've thought about off and on over the years because not only was it the first(?) casket match but because I'd never seen Dusty that young. So seeing this now is the first time since I was probably twelve that I've seen this match.

It's good. The Texas Death aspect is pretty much useless and done solely to make the match longer, though. Both Dusty and Ivan look quite good. It was their respective peaks, I say. They also do what sure look like some of the safest chairshots I've ever seen: use an open chair and hit a guy with the now lightened seat. No headshot is safe, of course, but it was safe looking while not completely absurd. It's a slower pace than I remembered, but that's just the times. They had their shit down. Finish is perfect, and they wrap it up before it gets too ridiculous. Good brawl by masters at it.

Did Dusty invent the casket match too?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2018, 07:51:38 AM »
I remember being pumped when I heard Earthquake was working dark matches.  I thought there was something that derailed him coming back but I can't find anything.  Had just read the other day about a Regal-Golga match that went unaired in Fall of 98 because Regal smacked him so hard the mask came off and the crowd kept chanting for Earthquake.

Also, never saw the post-MSP Joe Abs.  Can't help but laugh at the Bushwackers look.

Have you been following the Observer Rewind posts on reddit, by any chance?  Because I also just read about the incident with Regal there within the last few days.

Just catching that I hadn't seen this from a few days back but yeah, I casually lurk on Reddit and do try to read those Observer rewinds.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
You got a link to that reddit? I'm very curious.

Billy Jerk is just outclassed. By a lot. But that's some crazy in that ring (said in jest in case Billy Jack tries to assassinate me). Inoki's become one of my favorites because dude takes no shit and always looks like he'll kill you if you fuck with him. This is probably a good example of the difference between where the US was and whee Japan was, stylistically, but I never know what I'm talking about. Who were the guys with Billy Jack, though? I feel like I should know them.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2018, 02:06:19 PM »

Whoa. Bad News is fucking awesome, as per usual. Luger is green as grass, and has trouble keeping up. But the match is nonstop brawling and played to Luger's strengths. I never knew these guys were at the same place at the same time, let alone had a match. The pre-match video is of a six-man which has young Ron Simmons but more importantly showing that, at least once, Bad News and Bruiser Brody were on a team someplace. That's the shit dreams are made of.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »

Midgets interest me. Black and white old time midgets moreso.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »
Bad News Allan's brief Florida run was covered in some of the magazines I read back then, so I knew who he was when he debuted with the WWF. That said, I had no idea that he had ever wrestled for Stampede until many years later; possibly when I first read a review of his shoot interview on the 2003 incarnation of this very board.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2018, 08:28:35 AM »
See I thought he was a Stampede guy they eventually brought in. I had no idea he was awesome everywhere he went.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2018, 03:05:42 PM »

Gotta be one of the top five most important moments in history, right? Definitely mandatory viewing at some point. They beat the FUCK out of each other and everyone is confused about what to do. It's the kinda thing I love about wrestling. Lance Russell is also far and away my favorite announcer. He took it just seriously enough.

• Laz
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
Oh hell yes I'm so watching that later.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »

Valentine's a guy I didn't appreciate for a long time, but suddenly "got." Since this is joined in progress I'm assuming he had that hour just to warm up. There are moments where, had Colon been wearing his hammer jammer, the match might have ended quickly. Just two talented guys beating each other bloody, tying to get out of a cage. Colon takes great beatings, I love watching him against guys like Hansen and Valentine. Just guys who beat the fuck out of him. His comebacks work so well, and he's absolutely not afraid to get his hands dirty. He should've gotten Pedro Morales' push.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »

Tupelo 2: Where Onita Got The Idea For FMW.

This one's fucking insane. I can't do justice to the chaos. The crowd is flipping out like I've never really heard a crowd do before; they're not rooting for Gilbert and Morton as much as they are scared for everyone's life. The highlight, if you wanna call it that, is Tojo Yamamoto slapping some poor lady around who accidentally got into the concession stand. The first one was the important one, but personally I like this one better.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »

Two guys who respect each other, trying to be just better enough to win. Everything matters, not a wasted motion. What would be stalling now is legitimately sizing up and trying to think of a strategy. When a punch happens, or a power move, it fucking matters and the crowd flip out. Thesz gets his arm worked on for several minutes in a hammerlock, and sells it by trying to smack it and move it to get feeling back because he's a goddamn badass. I couldn't watch this stuff all day, really, but it's a blast if you're in the right kind of mood for watching Wrestling When It Was Real.

If you have no interest in the match, at least watch the first four or five minutes for the amazing video package on Rikidozan. It makes him look like a larger than life hero, which he was. The ultimate of ultimate good guys.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:40 AM »

Again a shoutout to TSM's own Monsoon Classic.

Vader was dead in the water already, but he still is enough of a prick to bust Mark open a little hardway. Stupid non-due-payin' youngster. Henry looks pretty good when Vader feels like it. One of the few times early on when you could see flashes of good in Henry, I think. Finish is the most bullshit one I can recall, though.

Shane's on commentary. He is bad, however him yelling to Henry "I feel you, dawg!" is appreciated.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »

Sean O'Haire in 2003 is everything I wish Baron Corbin was. For real, O'Haire had in-ring charisma and some good power stuff, looked like Brendan Fraser and Satan had a child, and just carried himself like a star even though he never would be. Fine little big guy vs little guy match for a b-show. I've always been lukewarm to Ultimo for some reason (despite me knowing how good he is/was), but man did they fuck that whole deal up.

Bill DeMott and Josh Matthews (looking like the biggest douchebag of the time) are a dark horse for worst announce team, I say.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2018, 05:05:41 PM »

I'm such a Ludvig Borga mark. Ever since I was a kid, I've dug that guy. Wanted him to smash Luger and get my personal dream match of Borga/Bret. But here he is a mere Viking. He looks laughably bad through a lot of this, but still, he got the Skyrim Cosplayer entrance down. No idea or interest in who the Patriot is. Isn't Del Wilkes. I'm just going to make up my own story and say it's, like, Frankie Williams.

Following that is an episode of UWF:Herb's wackiest most controversial talk show, the Captain Lou Corner. You just get Ivan Koloff cutting an old school promo on his stupid turncoat nephew Nikita.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2018, 05:18:53 PM »

Bret and Owen didn't get a long enough run to just mow through people. If only Heenan had stayed on one more year, just to call everything Hart related.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
Oh wow, I don't remember the Bret-Owen team-up stuff with Owen in his blue gear but curious in this match.  Well Dunn was one of those teams when I was little because they had a name and a manager, I thought they were a bigger deal than they really were.

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2018, 09:06:32 AM »
Well Dunn were dead in the water to me because of the thong tights. I couldn't take them seriously. They could've had staying power, though. 1996 needed more teams.

I love how Bret just fucking destroys them. It isn't often Bret's the dude running through people.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2018, 10:05:52 AM »

On one hand, we get cheated out of a Flair/Sid team. On the other, we get a full on fucking lost classic with four of the best ever. I'm no star rating person, so take this with whatever you want, but if this isn't ****+ I don't know what is. It's a total war from beginning to end (which I'm not even too mad about). They just keep going, beating the fuck out of each other with some HATE. Angry Flair is something else. Arn and Vader beat the shit out of each other. This should have been the BattleBowl main event. Ending notwithstanding, this is incredible.

Offline strummer

« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
Interesting note on that match is that the Sid/Arn stabbing had already happened but they had this in the can.  The ending didn't air because it featured Sid returning to beat up the heels.

Wonder what Sid would have done at Battlebowl? My guess is he gets paired with Vader and they start the dissention to build to the Starrcade match.  Sid is also probably in the Sting spot of being last eliminated in the battle royal

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
Fiery babyface Ric Flair was a thing that should have lasted a lot longer in this period.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
Interesting note on that match is that the Sid/Arn stabbing had already happened but they had this in the can.  The ending didn't air because it featured Sid returning to beat up the heels.

Wonder what Sid would have done at Battlebowl? My guess is he gets paired with Vader and they start the dissention to build to the Starrcade match.  Sid is also probably in the Sting spot of being last eliminated in the battle royal

That's what I was wondering. I figured this was the end of Sid's run. I did like Tony and Jesse trying to remember if Sid had been in a match this long, though.

Flair going off the top to hit Austin outside the ring is surreal. I'm sure I've seen it before in some context, but it's so un-Flair.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
I hate my body, I really do. As Warren Zevon said, my shit's fucked up. But it leads to finding shit like this:

I randomly picked Gene Kiniski out of thin air because I've heard him mentioned my whole life and never really looked at his stuff. Trivial note: when I got into wrestling hardcore as a kid, I found out that a lot of my older relatives watched it all the time back in the early TV days. My grandfather loved Lou Thesz, my grandmother loved Verne Gagne, and my great aunt was all about Gene Kiniski. She met him in a bank during his peak, and to this day constantly tells the story of being in line behind the awesome Gene Kiniski. Kinda cool.

As I'm not in the mood for wrestling both in color and with sound, here's one from Stampede from sometime when he was alive. No date I can find, but it's later in his career. I love the crusty old guys and how they fought for every move. It's hard for me to say if he's being an asshole at times when it comes to selling or stiffness because that's just how it was in his day. Watching a guy like him, from his era, working a "modern" TV match (in the modern timing sense) is interesting.

Who was Ho Chi Lao?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2018, 05:06:48 AM »
I keep trying off and on to watch Inoki/Ali, just because, and it won't end. It just won't. I feel bad because it seems like I should give a shit, but it just never stops. Maybe I'm watching it wrong.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2018, 09:26:18 AM »
You wont find a worse match (as it were?) than Ali-Inoki.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »
I don't even know what to qualify it as. I mean it feels like it lasts four days. It's like Heaven's Gate.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »

Fuck that, here's Inoki slapping everyone.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2018, 03:55:49 PM »
ever need cheering up do a google image search for アントニオ猪木ビンタ

Should work on youtube too.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
That was well worth it.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2018, 02:19:22 PM »

Replace the Rougeaus with the Von Erichs and this is straight up Dallas, just with more announcer emphasis on it being cool to hit Precious.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »

All the talk about the mid-90s WWF made me nostalgic. 1993 is one of my favorite years in wrestling, and I think a lot of that is sentimental as a WWF guy who watched Superstars with his brothers every Saturday morning (and then finding out WCW was pretty fucking stacked years later). I don't know what it is. The production just warms my heart, somehow.

That said, Bastion Booger. I really only had interest in this match because, having seen Owen and Mike Shaw have some good stuff in Stampede, I wanted to see what translated, which wasn't much. I mean five years and like 50lbs make a difference, yeah, but it's a very good example of the famed WWF Style. All the high impact and electricity they somehow had in Stampede becomes slow and plodding, with Owen doing the bare minimum and Booger just standing, waiting for Owen to run into him so he can take some awkward bumps. It's just very evident that it was laid out to be a hare vs tortoise thing, despite Owen looking pretty good.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »

I never know what I think of Shane Douglas. I think he's a good tag guy, for sure, but I can't think of a really good singles match he had. Best I can do is when he and Cactus had that match with Cactus in a tux. He's pedestrian here, like Billy Gunn pedestrian, and takes a few moves from Curt Hennig (I actually associate the Dean Douglas run with being a super-diet caffeine free Curt Hennig having matches I don't really remember beyond using the Perfectplex). But man, he was dead in the water anyway, but those tights and being from "the college of higher education" or whatever it was just yanked the plug out. Dude got so exposed it wasn't funny. However, you take out that nails on a chalkboard part of his entrance music, and it's kind of awesome.

Waltman was at least in the top three or four guys in the company at this point. I get the angle involved, but his weird last six or seven months feel like such a waste (Corporate Kid/Shawn having an IC title feud was a dream of mine). He was pretty game here, considering it was Douglas. Match is so 1995 my inner nine or ten year old is flipping out, though.

• Laz
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2018, 03:23:31 AM »
I stand by Douglas/Taz having a pair of really good matches toward the end of his ECW tenure. Everything Shane lacked in extravagance or overt showmanship in-ring he made up for with a wonderful grasp of the fundamentals and genuine understanding of what makes pro wrestling work.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »
Shane became ECW's Flair. So many of his in-ring promos have that kind of energy to them, but not as well or as focused, and he always made sure to surround himself with better guys (I loved the Douglas/Bigelow/Candido Triple Threat). But he got exposed real easy when out of his comfort zone. His WWF run would've been a wreck no matter what. He literally should've come in as a Bodydonna with Candido and Sunny.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »

TNA (and later WWE) were all "Kenzo Suzuki! Star in Japan!" and the collective annoyance about how out of all the guys from Japan they signed, it was fucking Kenzo, because he was big. Kenzo was so fucking bad, you guys. Isn't like we're dealing with prime Saturn, either, but he at least needs a guy to be in position for his typical Saturn shit. Both guys look awful, but Kenzo just killed whater Saturn had left. But Kenzo never came back, and Saturn did, so that speaks volumes.

Believe it or not, though, those Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible kids had good matches.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
Kenzo Suzuki was the worst.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2018, 09:38:56 AM »
When your best work involves teaming up with Rene Dupree, it says something. Also keep in mind that TNA had and was pushing, Erik Watts (who fair being fair was pretty awesome at everything not wrestling at the time).

Show also had, for what it's worth, the second appearance of Abyss (when he just kinda lived in a cage backstage) and Kid Kash saying "Yoo hoo, Big Scary Dude? Did you get the cookies I left you?" Kash was the man.

• Laz
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »
There's a reason I used to say KID KASH IS YOUR NEW FAVORITE WRESTLER in every TNA review I wrote. The guy was probably the hottest heel in the entire company from the Trinity break to his departure.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »
I think I bought more shows to see what Kash would do than anything for a while there. Like I could always rely on a good Styles, AMW, XXX, etc match, but Kash was the best heel on television at the time and had fun matches. The Kash/Goldie/Watts/Trinity arc was everything Russo was great at, imo.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »

Brody and Hansen were SMART workers. Everyone knew, and wanted, those two guys to tangle and break each other, but they never quite got what they wanted. They spend the first few minutes playing with the idea of fighting, and when they finally do fight it's either broken up or with one guy already beat up. Is it fair to call Hansen and Brody, but mostly Brody, one of the three or so most influential workers of the modern era?

Terry Gordy so natural, too. You can see how he held a lot together just by his years as a Freebird and teaming with everyone. He and Hansen complimented each other pretty well. Pretty, pretty well. Snuka does some good work, but could really be replaced by someone better. He throws some nasty-ass chops, though. He kept up, so anything else is nitpicking. Why was Snuka wearing boots?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
There's a reason I used to say KID KASH IS YOUR NEW FAVORITE WRESTLER in every TNA review I wrote. The guy was probably the hottest heel in the entire company from the Trinity break to his departure.

Vid's choppy and you have a hard time with the announcers, but Kash is totally keeping up with Styles and has the crowd in the palm of his hand. Perfect kind of guy for AJ too. Kash was amazing for at least four to six months of the year. Never held anything whatsoever back, Didn't give a shit about the rules, Arial Misogynist Kid Kash --the Notorious KID dawg--was the best villain TNA has had. Styles still all super-face and found himself feuding with the best non-Daniels foil he had for a long time. But the best part of Kash is that he actually got his in the end. I mean sure it had Erik Watts and Lance Hoyt involved but he got the good ending for a great villain.

• Laz
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2018, 12:37:26 AM »
If you travel to other boards and praise Hansen? You'll be in good company.

My favorite Kash moment in TNA was actually him at ringside. I want to say it was during a Planet Jarrett (if that was the group's name that early?) tag match, and Kash was handcuffed to somebody on the floor (Watts?) so he wouldn't interfere. Of course, he kept trying, and each time Watts (?) would rip him away. Kash bumped his ass off on the floor.

I'm saying it outright: Kid Kash is one of the most underrated cruisers in US wrestling.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2018, 05:17:48 AM »
Don't gotta go anywhere to praise Stan Hansen bro. He's one of my favourite all-time workers. Absolute GOAT. There's nothing like watching Stan lariating the fuck outta Kobashi.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2018, 07:36:27 AM »

(stolen from DVDVR)

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »
I've not really gone to a non-TSM board in years. Once DVDR banned me for no actual reason, I just kinda stuck around here.

Hansen is someone, based on watching a great deal of watching him lately, doesn't seem to have much in the way of bad matches. It seems like he was one of the few to retire at exactly the right time, too, but I could be off. Not much else to say, really. Top five of all time, for me anyway. But I've been on a huge tag team kick for what amounts to puro in general, and his runs with Brody and Dibiase are fantastic, and I can't think of a more perfect partner than Gordy for him.