Author Topic: Football (Soccer)  (Read 42477 times)

Description:

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
Re: Football (Soccer)
« Reply #1300 on: May 19, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
This is one of the best sporting moments that I've ever witnessed. Simply stunning.

Offline Gert

« Reply #1301 on: May 19, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »
Wow. Incredible win for Chelsea.

Unreal. Poor assumption by me. I saw a guy walk into McDs tonight with a Bayern Munich kit and assumed I knew the result. Good thing I DVRed it...

Pretty sad that Blackpool lost today too.

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #1302 on: May 19, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »
I'm pretty happy for west ham, though. I wish there were a pro sport in the us that did promotion/relegation.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #1303 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »
This is one of the best sporting moments that I've ever witnessed. Simply stunning.

Fuck John Terry acting like he was the decisive force in the final.  An absolute joke he got to lift the trophy in FULL KIT... including SHIN PADS for crying out loud.  When suspended, you stay in a suit and let the team that won the match enjoy it.

Cunt.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #1304 on: May 25, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
Little bit crazy watching Barca completely destroy a team that fed United their shit this season.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #1305 on: May 25, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »
Maybe there should be a bit more respect out there for La Liga teams. Certainly earning it right now.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #1306 on: May 30, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »
Oh yeah, LFC sacked Kenny Dalglish.  The league form wasn't great, but it doesn't help when Suarez is out for nine matches and Gerrard is injured all of the time.  He still got them to two cup finals and his tactics were just fine. but the club kept on hitting the woodwork.  He deserved one more campaign.

Dalglish didn't take compensation for being fired.  He instead insisted that his unpaid salary be placed into the transfer budget.

Oh, and they're about to hire Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers.  Also, it looks like they'll pay nearly 8 million USD to bring him over.  Hopefully he's better than Hodgson.   

• Admin
« Reply #1307 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
Oh yeah, LFC sacked Kenny Dalglish.  The league form wasn't great, but it doesn't help when Suarez is out for nine matches and Gerrard is injured all of the time.  He still got them to two cup finals and his tactics were just fine. but the club kept on hitting the woodwork.  He deserved one more campaign.

Agreed.

Dalglish didn't take compensation for being fired.  He instead insisted that his unpaid salary be placed into the transfer budget.

Myth.

Oh, and they're about to hire Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers.  Also, it looks like they'll pay nearly 8 million USD to bring him over.  Hopefully he's better than Hodgson.   

Will be.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1308 on: July 12, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »
Thiago Silva and Zlatan are both going to PSG.

That club is going to make some waves in Europe this year.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #1309 on: August 15, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Wow, the U.S. wins at Mexico for the first time ever. Had to happen at some point, I guess.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1310 on: August 16, 2012, 03:26:53 AM »
I can't believe the EPL is starting up so soon. Can't believe RVP went to ManU either, but with his injury history and contract situation 22m pounds might end up being a hefty price tag, especially since a lack of firepower last year didn't necessarily cost them games.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• Admin
« Reply #1311 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:01 AM »
Arsenal won't feel too bad about the deal when he's laid up for 3 months with a hamstring problem.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #1312 on: September 02, 2012, 03:54:16 AM »
Robin Van Persie's heroics + Man United's late-game magic = ugh

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #1313 on: September 14, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #1314 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »
Final game of this round of CONACAF qualifying tonight. USA leads Guatemala 2-1 right now halfway into the first half. With Jamaica leading 2-0 in their game and likely to pile on, it's quite likely that a US loss would take them out of contention for the World Cup. Huge game.