Author Topic: Coliseum Home Videos  (Read 3535 times)

Description:

Offline Damaramu

Re: Coliseum Home Videos
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 01:02:56 PM »
I'm watching Mega Matches again. There's a Bret Hart/Barbarian match that I remember being super long as a kid. Turns out it was only 4 minutes long.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »
Valeyard, Papa Shango's theme song is one of the recently released WWE Uncaged compilations and it's proper song title is "Shango Tango".

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »
Shit I was just coming to post the YouTube link. It's the blandest thing. I don't know what I was thinking. It's a slightly different mix than Giant Gonzalez' theme. Up with that I will not put.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »
Giant Gonzalez had a theme song!?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »

I remembered it being menacing, too.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
My memory of Giant Gonzalez is him being last major WWF guy to not have any entrance music (well, before Dolph briefly did the "I don't need a cool entrance" schtick a few months back) but I think this might be a Shazam type thing and I'm just thinking of Andre The Giant.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »
I just remember a few notes from his entrance at WM9. Sounded way more ominous outside, somehow. Now it just seems like a keyboard pre-setting. Total opposite of Evil Demolition, whose music I hope is on one of these because the heel run with Crush was some hall of fame badass.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 03:22:23 PM »
I think Duggan was the last really notable guy from that era to get a theme song.  He still didn't have one as of WM6
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2018, 03:27:11 PM »
Did the New Blackjacks?

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2018, 03:37:44 PM »
The theme Bradshaw used throughout 98 was the Blackjacks' theme while they were teaming, I'm pretty sure.

Actually I forgot about Greg Valentine...pretty sure he never had a theme until the Rhythm & Blues team split

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:53 PM »
Maybe it's the middle brass (french horns maybe?) but I can't mentally keep the original Mountie theme and Ludvig Borga's theme (Finnish national anthem FFS) straight in my head. When I actually play them, I'm okay and can differentiate them.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
After seeing her in two straight matches, interfering like a champ I might add,  I've decided WWE needs another Scary Sherri type character.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Online New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »
Rampage '91 has an At Home with Paul Bearer segment which has:

- A cadaver in a casket because "sometimes I have to take my work home with me"
- Bearer sitting on a baller throne and putting his feet up on said casket ("He won't mind.")
- A cabinet with soda bottles filled with the blood of his "clients" conveniently labeled with their names because he's apparently a vampire?
- A framed picture of The Undertaker (of course)

Online alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2018, 03:16:12 AM »
Nailz is the last wrestler I remember not to have a theme.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2018, 03:24:55 AM »
IRS didn't have one until he joined the Million $ Corporation in 1994.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2018, 04:05:50 AM »
HEEL R-TRUTH HAD NO THEME
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2018, 04:20:16 AM »
HEEL R-TRUTH HAD NO THEME

Well...there was a voice that said "The Truth Shall Set You Free."

Well Dunn had no theme.  That was 1995.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2018, 02:47:26 AM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-wwfs-unusual-matches/

A look into one of the first VHS releases for the WWF. Featuring legends like Chief Jay Strongbow, Haystacks Calhoun and Ray Stevens in action, plus a hard hitting clash between Tito Santana and Greg Valentine, a pair of battle royals, a ten man tag team contest with Andre the Giant as a centerpiece, a violent brawl with the JYD and Jimmy Snuka fighting Bob Orton and Roddy Piper and other action!

Online alkeiper

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »
Quick Thoughts:

Bloopers, Bleeps, Bodyslams: A little amusement. The jobber losing his toupee was a highlight. Good option for someone who wants to see Tuesday Night Titan highlights without slogging through full episodes.

Unusual Matches: See Brody above. Most of this is passé now.

Big, Small, Strange, Strong: Skippable unless you're really eager to see clips of guys like the Wolfman, the Rugged Russians and Sky Low Low.

Grudge Match '86: Didn't get to this yet

Villains of the Squared Circle: Nothing particularly memorable beyond the Andre hair cutting.

Grand Slams: A memorable moments compilation, but hardly comprehensive or even well organized.

Inside the Steel Cage: Thumbs up on this one. Backlund/Patterson, Sammartino-Santana/Adonis-Savage, Sammartino-Piper, etc. Mostly full matches.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »
WrestleFest '93 is everything I hoped for, with the bonus of 100% heel Alfred Hayes on commentary. Him saying Crush needs more "skullduggery" to succeed is what these are all about.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2018, 01:35:05 AM »
The Hayes/Mooney commentary team has been historically underrated. I'm glad people are coming around.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:33 AM »
Agreed. It's probably because so much time has passed, but heel Hayes is great. I'll always wish WCW picked him up for a short run with Regal.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-grudge-match86/

Grudge Match '86 is full of feuds, blood and brawls including Terry Funk's troubles with the JYD, Hulk Hogan's tussle with Don Muraco, a pair of hard hitting Greg Valentine and Tito Santana bouts for the IC title, Bruno Sammartino butting heads with Billy Graham and Ivan Koloff, and the Hogan/Piper rivalry coming to a head!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 05:23:37 AM »
The WWF Funniest Moments had two Gooker segments on it. I always thought he was a one and done character.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
The WWF Funniest Moments had two Gooker segments on it. I always thought he was a one and done character.

Something other than the promos he appeared in with Koko and others?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2018, 12:58:16 AM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/from-the-wwe-network-inside-the-steel-cage/

"Inside the Steel Cage" has some classic matches. Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis fighting Bruno Sammartino and Tito Santana is the stand out. Andre vs. Studd is like a monster movie come to life, Piper brawling with Bruno is great fun. The classic endings to Santana against Valentine and Muraco defending the IC title against Snuka are worth the inclusion, plus we get Hogan, Backlund and Bruno title defenses!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:55 AM »
Currently watching World Tour '90, good stuff. Kinda sad that the Coliseum Videos are omitting all of the "Best of the WWF Volume ___" releases, however.

Mainly watched it for Rockers vs. Fabulous Rogeaus, Ultimate Warrior vs. Ted Dibiase, and of course Hogan vs. Savage.

Online alkeiper

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2018, 01:48:34 AM »
Most Embarrassing Moments

Kind of a waste of time. Highlight was my three year old daughter sitting with me. On George "The Animal" Steele: "He's got hair like your's!" When Roddy Piper attacked Bruno Sammartino, she was peppering me with questions about how Bruno would need a new shirt. Kids are fun.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2018, 01:57:15 AM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-grand-slams/

WWF "Grand Slams" is a solid starting point for anyone who wants to see some of the best and most famous moments from the early to mid-80's in the WWF. Clips include: Tito and Greg Valentine ending their long feud, Piper taunting Mr. T, Wendi Richter being screwed out of the Women's title, MIDGETS, World title changes, tag title turmoil, Macho Man stealing the IC title from Santana, Gorilla Monsoon boxes Andre the Giant, Ali confronts Monsoon, the Birth of Hulkamania, 3 battle royals, an irate Andre battering Killer Khan, Snuka's cage dive and more!!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2018, 10:36:06 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-villains-squared-circle/

"Villians of the Squared Circle" sees an early dose of evil Jake the Snake, a bloody fight with Pedro Morales and Animal Steele, Andre squares off with an NFL star nearly as large as he is, Captain Lou takes a beating from Gorilla Monsoon, Don Muraco looks for a porker to screw, highlights from an angle that Mid-South mocked on their TV soon after, Roddy Piper's greatest hits, Macho Man's conniving victory over IC champ Tito Santana, an American hero falls short, Andre falls to Studd and Bundy's assault, and we close with a haircut that spawned months of violence! 

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-wrestlings-superheroes/

"Wrestling's Superheroes" is a mix of MSG gems like Roddy Piper facing Rick Rude in a really good cage match, as well as the Ultimate Warrior battling Randy Savage in a champion vs. champion bout where Savage pinballs for his beastly foe. Other than that we see PPV and SNME repeats with Hogan butting heads with Hercules, the Powers of Pain knocking around Demolition, and Jimmy Snuka tangling with the Hammer.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2018, 06:08:57 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-supertape/

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe-network-supertape/

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring.

I rented that one something like five times when I was a kid. Invasion '92, WrestleFest '91, Supertape '92, and Supertape 4 were other very common rentals.

I have major recency bias because I watched these somewhat recently, but until around the time Piper returns, I feel like these tapes were filled with half ass performances. The ones after that are so fun though.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/from-the-wwe-network-wwf-world-tour-1990/

"World Tour '90' sees a loaded compilation of solid wrestling and amusing action. Hulk Hogan batters Sherri Martel almost as much as the Macho Man in their encounter. Even the announcers struggle to justify Hogan's actions. Jim Duggan and the Honky Tonk Man have a "so bad it's good" encounter with lazy, sloppy action and a super hot crowd, Ted Dibiase battles the Ultimate Warrior with a "bizarro world" crowd as the Japanese audience embraces the Million Dollar Man, The Rockers and Rougeaus engage in a fun affair, Bret Hart suffers a legit injury - yet still gets a good match out of Dino Bravo, plus Jimmy Snuka is the featured superstar in the "profile" segment, giving us the gift of mat classics with Boris Zhukov and the Honky Tonk Man!! 

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/from-the-wwe-network-wrestlefest-1990/

Wrestlefest 90:
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper clashes with the Macho King in a rare encounter between two of the biggest stars ever... Mr. Perfect plays pinball for the Hulkster....The Earthquake and Dino Bravo try to maul the Ultimate Warrior....a spotlight on the Hart Foundation sees them face off with the Powers of Pain, The Rockers and members of Jimmy Hart's entourage....Beefcake attempts to give the Model a new hairstyle...plus Jake the Snake partners with the Ultimate Warrior to face Akeem and the Million Dollar Man!

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »
Network added Best of Videos for Hulk Hogan, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, George "The Animal" Steele, and Davey Boy Smith. Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith ones are UK exclusive so they don't even have match listings on Cawthon's. Exciting!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2018, 03:27:51 AM »
Network added Best of Videos for Hulk Hogan, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Bret Hart, George "The Animal" Steele, and Davey Boy Smith. Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith ones are UK exclusive so they don't even have match listings on Cawthon's. Exciting!

Really neat stuff as a big Bret Hart fan. I did notice that Cawthon does list the individual matches when searching through the years e.g. Hart/Bigelow is from 1993/03/08.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »
Yeah. I wanna watch it this weekend. There's a Bret Hart Vs Narcissist match on it that sounds like good candidate for "Matches You Didn't Know Existed" thread.

Plus Bret Vs motherfucking BLAKE BEVERLY!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/from-the-wwe-network-hacksaw-jim-duggan/

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
-Ol'Hacksaw battles Communism as Vince McMahon promotes a MAGA agenda on national TV in 1988.
-The origins of Duggan's feud with Harley Race is shown, followed by their epic brawl at the Slammys and a darn good match between the two men from MSG!
- Andre the Giant and Hacksaw have a bloody confrontation on TV, leading to a house show match being shown between the big lugs.
- We close up show with Dino Bravo stinking up the place while facing Jim in a battle of rest holds.
- TOUGH GUY!!

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
Watching the Razor Ramon Coliseum Video for some reason.

Idk why I thought it was a good idea. It's either matches I've seen before that aren't particularly good (except the Ladder Match at WM X, which I have seen a zillion times) and Razor Ramon quarter assing dark matches. Some nice shots of Gorilla Monsoon and Stan Lane chilling on top of Titan Towers between matches, I guess.

Highlight is Johnny Polo and Gorilla Monsoon's commentary on Razor Ramon Vs Crush. It's basically annoying Gen Xer Polo pestering grouchy baby boomer Gorilla Monsoon. At one point, Polo acknowledges Crush was the 3rd man for Demoliton, which seems astonishing for '94 WWF. WWF simultaneously seemed to be stuck in contentious lawsuits with Demolition while starting rumors that Crush was going to start a new Demoliton in the mid '90s. I'm assuming there's a Something to Wrestle With where they talk about it.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2018, 08:50:01 AM »
Moving on to WrestleFest '93.

Heel Lord Alfred Hayes is talking about his belief in voodoo and the  living dead. *****!

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »
Picking up WrestleFest '93 weeks later

Shawn Michaels defending the Intercontinental Title against Wrestling Superstar Virgil.

Gorilla Monsoon: I like where Virgil is from and I like where he is going.

I guess it's a good thing that Gorilla isn't around to see where Virg is now.  :-\

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
HBK/Virgil was PRETTY GOOD. HBK sold like a champ for Virg's mediocre offense and made him look like a killer before getting the duke.

THE BERZERKER is next. Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes talk about how the crowd in silent awe of the Berzerker. The Berzerker had no theme music to add to discussion of name wrestlers who didn't have theme music in the '90s

He is facing the man he tried to murder (to die into death match thread I'm about to post) The Undertaker

Lord Alfred Hayes: In Europe, The Undertaker is regarded a sex symbol.  :o

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2019, 02:38:11 PM »
Was a bit agog at the show opening with a Nasty Boys/Money Inc match then later in the tape, featuring them teaming up with Repo Man against El Matador and High Energy. But Sean Mooney tries to cover up for these videos non continuity by being incredulous that the Nasty Boys would reunite with Jimmy Hart after everything.

HEY! This match is from The Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, ME. Hell yeah.

Lord Alfred Hayes wouldn't be CAUGHT DEAD in High Energy's ring outfits.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2019, 02:43:52 PM »
I don't know what's wrong with me that I am excited by the thought of an El Matador/High Energy team
[img width=800

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »
If only I'd gotten into a wrestling a year or so earlier and I could've seen that iconic trio with my own eyes!

Match finish was a schmozz finish DQ (on a Coliseum Video!?) involving Repo Man's TOW ROPE. Baby Shoes, you'll like to know El Matador and High Energy danced a little bit to High Energy/future Owen solo theme to celebrate their victory.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »
Well now it sounds like I have to watch WrestleFest 93 as soon as possible
[img width=800

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
It is a whole tape of circa 1993 WWF Matches You Didn't Think Existed thread worthy matches.

And there's a running storyline of Mean Gene and Bobby The Brain's (RIP homies) car breaking down (RIP their car in '93 too) and them not knowing how to fix it. So yeah, you should watch this ish yesterday, my dude.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
They were just talking about the Gene-Bobby car vignettes on one of the Conrad Thompson podcats for the Gene tributes.  Assuming it was the Prichard one as that is the only one that would make sense.
[img width=800