Author Topic: Ant-Man and The Wasp  (Read 571 times)

Description: July 6th

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
Ant-Man and The Wasp
« on: January 30, 2018, 02:02:20 AM »

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: Ant-Man and The Wasp
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:06:44 AM »
I liked the first ant-man but with the sheer number of super hero movies out I feel like this could be the first marvel movie to bomb or come close. They'd get over it pretty fast though with the return of their other characters to the fold giving them a new boost.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:07:48 AM »
I still haven't seen the first Ant-Man but this movie looks to be about 1000% more interesting so I'll check it out.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:29 AM »
The first one was pretty fun and Marvel almost always delivers a fun popcorn movie if nothing else, so I'm interested.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 04:43:37 AM »
watched the preview and looks really good. I agree that the first one was pretty fun, as well. I think it was probably the least "essential" Marvel movie of the shared universe though, especially for a character debut. This one feels much more tied in already though.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • Death Pool Winner
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 05:29:59 AM »
Ant-Man was a really cool heist movie. I’m always in for these movies anyway. So I can’t wait.

• KOAB
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:43:31 AM »
I liked the first ant-man but with the sheer number of super hero movies out I feel like this could be the first marvel movie to bomb or come close. They'd get over it pretty fast though with the return of their other characters to the fold giving them a new boost.

I don't think it would be this one tbh. The marketing push around it being the first RomCom from Marvel makes me think this one will be one of its bigger hits in the past few years.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
I didn't know that would be the push. That is a really smart idea and yeah I think that will really help it out. They seem to always find a new angle to get things over.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
Yeah, Marvel movies have been mostly cookie cutter lately but even their worst tends to be better than a lot of other movies, so I will still catch it in the theater. 
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Flik

• I think I might be broken
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 01:42:25 AM »
I actually think this seems pretty good. If they play it up as a romantic comedy, that would be pretty interesting.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »

My wife was convinced the first one would bomb. It still made a lot of money but she tried to use the fact that it didn't make as much as other Marvel movies as the proof that it bombed. All I could do was shake my head.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »
Got my ticket for next Tuesday. So hyped.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
I thought the first one might be a bomb. I thought GOTG might bomb since it wasn't well-known compared to the other Marvel groups. I've learned that Marvel is really good at this shit. Eventually something will fail to make money and everyone will declare the MCU is DONE but they'll just have to ease back on the number of movies per year or something.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 10:28:10 AM »
I thought the first one might be a bomb. I thought GOTG might bomb since it wasn't well-known compared to the other Marvel groups. I've learned that Marvel is really good at this shit. Eventually something will fail to make money and everyone will declare the MCU is DONE but they'll just have to ease back on the number of movies per year or something.

I bet it'll be MCU's version of the Fantastic Four.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 4 HAS BEGUN.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Aero

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
Remember a few years ago when Inhumans was planned to be a movie? I was assuming that would be the one, but while Marvel apparently came to the same conclusion, it unfortunately didn't stop them from abandoning the idea completely.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »

I bet it'll be MCU's version of the Fantastic Four.

Did they get the rights back to that as part of the deal? I can see that one yeah because it's been so tainted. Maybe if they put the focus mostly on them fighting Galactus or a true version of Dr Doom rather than another origin movie it would have a chance. They might be better off doing it as a tv show.

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 01:01:43 AM »
Unless it's a legit bad movie, any time the Marvel name appears on a movie, they will do well. If Guardians or Ant-Man did as well as they did, when everyone thought they'd be the bombs, even a Fantastic Four movie will bring in money. Especially with people saying that they want a real Marvel FF movie.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:21 PM »
I really enjoyed it. Not all of the jokes hit for me, but most did and the action scenes were really damn good.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
Without spoilers, how satisfied were you with any dealings with Infinity War tie-ins or fallout?
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 02:56:57 AM »
It was exactly what I expected in regards to that.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 02:10:39 AM »
Without spoilers, how satisfied were you with any dealings with Infinity War tie-ins or fallout?

It wasnt heavy handed, but there was a post-credits scene that pretty much tied in the timeline of Infinity War to this.

Honestly, there was more throwback stuff to the fallout of Civil War than Infinity War in the film as a whole.

I enjoyed this well enough in the IMAX 3D format this weekend (The AntMan films particularly have great 3d effects) but it was a few steps below the first one for sure. But they played very well together in arcing the events of the first one.

On a side note, I wish Evangeline Lilly would do more films in general....she's such a gem visually.

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 02:17:57 AM »
I haven't seen Infinity War as of yet, don't get to the theater that much, but does this take place before or after that movie? I read somewhere that it was before, but wanted to be sure. I'm gonna have to wait for the Blu-Ray for both, so I didn't want to see this before Infinity War so that I don't miss anything.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 02:35:57 AM »
I haven't seen Infinity War as of yet, don't get to the theater that much, but does this take place before or after that movie? I read somewhere that it was before, but wanted to be sure. I'm gonna have to wait for the Blu-Ray for both, so I didn't want to see this before Infinity War so that I don't miss anything.

Yeah, basically it takes place before Infinity War/after Civil War, BUT there is a post-credits scene that shifts the timeframe to take place concurrently against the fallout of Infinity War.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 05:59:28 AM »
Spoiler for the Infinity War Tie-In Post-Credit Scene
Spoiler: show
it connects into Thanos' finger snapping

Packed house with a ton of kids. Solid film probably a 7/10, not on the level of stuff like Black Panther or GOTG 2 for me but solid summer fare. The humor mostly worked although some stuff fell a little flat but the biggest laughs were call backs to previous set ups e.g.
Spoiler: show
World's Greatest Grandma Trophy
. I'm a sucker for Hannah John-Kamen from Killjoys so I was all for her as Ghost.

There were some weird edits going on though, at least 2 that kind of caught me off guard and reminded me of the awkward cutaway from The Dark Knight after Batman saves Rachel's fall via Joker push.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »
I saw this last Friday and really enjoyed it.  My buddy asked me how I would compare it to the first one.  I told him I think I liked this one better.  I remember enjoying the first but can't really remember a ton about it, having not watched in a while.  The first post-credit scene gave me a chill because I really wasn't expecting it at that point.  I get why the second one happened second but the first one would've been a more intense way to go out.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »
Digital release is announced for 10/2 with 10/16 announced for all disc versions
[img width=800