Author Topic: The Girlie Restaurant Thread  (Read 368 times)

Description: Hooters - Tilted Kilt - Twin Peaks - Etc - Hooray

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Girlie Restaurant Thread
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:43:15 AM »
Description to short to put hooray boobies.

For some reason, some of my buddies are pushing to go to these more often lately.  And I am the single one here.  I like it because they make no attempts to even talk or engage either.  But why not eat an overpriced piece of food while getting ignored by a marginally hot 22-year old?

They looped me in last Friday to Twin Peaks.  A couple hot ass servers but I was watching the creepy Paul Heyman lookalike lounging in a recliner and not finishing the sucky boneless wings.

Stories?
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Re: The Girlie Restaurant Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »
So I legitimately enjoy the food at these places and once you hit 36 you're biologically capable of being the father to the 18 year olds in the place (for a few years actually) so I haven't actually checked out the girls in  depth at least in ten years other than basic "I'm not dead" sort of ways. Since my official doctor's orders came in to avoid all dairy, Hooters is out anyway, due to their wing sauce.

Twin Peaks has better food, but the outfits are more risque'. We had a TP for about a year, but it went belly up. I heard there were a LOT of problems there with drunk oil field guys thinking it was okay to touch waitresses on a NIGHTLY basis. They had to have a constant cop detail there.

Actual stories? This is kind of stupid but funny in the moment. Mrs. SFH and I were at Hooters a few years ago and ordered key lime pie for dessert. The waitress (who looked 12) serves us and stands there watching us and wringing her hands like a movie villain. I look at her puzzled and she says, "Can I watch you eat it?" with this anxious "Is that Ice T" expression on her face. "whut?" She explains that she's never had a key lime pie and she wanted to watch us eat it and judge our reactions on if she wanted to try it herself.  ??? I offered her a piece with my unused knife and she declined (apparently it's against the rules to take food from a patron, fine). So I took a bite and awkwardly assured her I was enjoying it. Weird girl but service was on point and sincere since she didn't have to fake flirt or any of that nonsense.

7 of us wound up at a Twin Peaks in Baton Rouge for a bachelor's party in 2012. I spoke to the young lady about maybe doing something for the groom to be (like a group picture with the staff or make him dance) but instead she offered us 7 comps to VIP at the Penthouse club (I may have the terminology wrong). I looked at the group and 4/7 were church types and the other three cursed me out for saying no when they caught wind of it. One of the 4 (catholic school music teacher) proceeds to tell about his one strip club experience, "and then the girl took off her top and showed...." *dramatic pause* "the. TIT-ees. There they were man, the. TIT-ees." his voice dropped in both volume and one octave when he got on the phrase, "the. TIT-ees" "You should have seen them man, they were so perfect, the. TIT-ees." I never want to discuss breasts with this man again.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 05:46:46 AM »
"Girlie restaurant"? Um, hello, they're called breastaurants!

I first went to Hooters when I was 13; I went with my best friend and his father. I had somehow never had wings before, and both my friend and his dad were talking up just how good the wings at Hooters was. So I had them and thought they were bad, and, because of that, for the longest time I thought I just didn't like wings. It wasn't until college that I had good wings and realized Hooters wings were awful, not wings in general.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
I was taken aback during a recent "Unsolved Mysteries" binge watching marathon when Robert Stack described the "Hooters" sweater a missing woman was wearing. Words I never thought I'd hear in that creepy voiceover.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
Apparently a lot of Christian conservatives that have never been to a Hooters have a gross misunderstanding of what the place entails. I dated one in my 20s (I was sad and lonely) and she accused me of going to a strip club. I tried explaining a family went there with their children for the daughter's birthday and they did a fun birthday thing for her. Nope, wasn't listening. "I WOULD NEVER BRING MY KIDS THERE!!!"

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:52 PM »

I first went to Hooters when I was 13; I went with my best friend and his father. I had somehow never had wings before, and both my friend and his dad were talking up just how good the wings at Hooters was. So I had them and thought they were bad, and, because of that, for the longest time I thought I just didn't like wings. It wasn't until college that I had good wings and realized Hooters wings were awful, not wings in general.

Was it the one at the landing? Did you ever have lunch there during a field trip like we always did?

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 11:46:54 PM »

Was it the one at the landing? Did you ever have lunch there during a field trip like we always did?

It was at the Landing! I never ate there during a field trip; the Landing still had a full food court on the 2nd floor, so I always ended up there.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 05:06:07 AM »
Once we got to high school age, we'd plot for months about how we were gonna eat at Hooters, as if it was good beyond titties.

How depressing is it to walk around the landing now by the way? There's like one Chinese place on the 2nd floor, the rest is Regency Mall level abandoned storefronts.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 05:56:22 AM »
That Hooters is always packed whenever I walk by it. It's insane.