Author Topic: UFC 226  (Read 494 times)

Description: Saturday July 7th

• KOAB
Re: UFC 226
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
A guy who still can't handle taking punches too. Is Brock still the same level of wrestler who struggled to take down an old 220 pound Randy Couture?

Offline Saddam of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »
Randy took Brock down too. Brock is also really bad at the same thing Stipe got knocked out doing, exiting the clinch with his hands down and with a free target hanging out there. Brock was a strong fighter and would have presented a good challenge, but those things are so far in the past. He's also taken a lot of physical damage in WWE, lots of subconcussive blows when the back of his head hits the mat.

Sitting at the announce table has also given DC one of the greatest advantages anyone can have, he has a first row seat to all of these fights and is able to get a close view of what works and what doesn't. It's great learning material for him and he has used these experiences to become well more rounded as a fighter. The way he was killing Volkan in a slugfest was a total surprise and the opposite of what I thought would be a realistic DC victory in that fight.

I'm not naive about PED's in this sport, but I do think that if DC was using them, it wasn't exactly for a very long time. He also came from an Olympic background that discourages PED use in the extreme, so he also doesn't suffer from the obvious loss of gear in these current fight times the way some other older fighters (like Brock) do.
koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »
After reading that Ngannou made half a mill to fight Stipe and that pay went down to 100K for this fight makes me think that the decrease along with the fear of getting embarrassed again completely destroyed him mentally. That dude had lost the fight before he even stepped in the cage. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he tried some late in the game negotiation tactics after his fight got bumped to co-main and UFC didn't blink.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2018, 12:46:08 AM »
Why did DC cut to light heavyweight in the first place? Can someone explain it to me because from what you guys have been saying it looks like he's better at heavyweight anyway.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »
Because he trains with Cain who was HW champion at the time
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

• KOAB
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
Yeah. He honestly could've come back to Heavyweight the last few years but like many other people he still had hopes Cain would return back to his old level.

Offline The Paper Industry

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV