Author Topic: Aquaman  (Read 573 times)

Description: Underwater Capeshit - December 2018

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Aquaman
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »
Trailer for Aquaman should be coming in a few weeks at San Diego Comic Con.  I'm pretty interested in this one.  Jason Mamoa, Amber Heard.  People are getting hyped because there have been pictures of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, the actor playing Black Manta, presumably looking at his very comics accurate helmet.

Thinking/hoping this winds up like Wonder Woman but even after the trailer comes out, trying not to get hopes super high. 
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: Aquaman
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
Really not excited for this one at all. I like Jason Mamoa but serious Aquaman isn't interesting and I think this has the potential to be a bomb.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »
I think I am most excited with the James Wan involvement.  I think it could have some potential.  This one may be more imagery or nothing else but definitely more hyped for this trailer and film than Shazam! when it comes to DC fare.
[img width=800

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:31 AM »
He's going to have to work hard to live up to Vinny Chase.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Gary

• Corrosive Hallucinations
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:30:33 AM »
I think I am most excited with the James Wan involvement.  I think it could have some potential.  This one may be more imagery or nothing else but definitely more hyped for this trailer and film than Shazam! when it comes to DC fare.
That's also why I'm interested. Well, that and Patrick Wilson and Dolph Lundgren getting work

"The Godfather: Part Iraq" (2004) In this 4th installment of the Godfather series, the godfathers head to iraq to settle the score, of 9/11.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 03:29:42 PM »
[img width=800

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 03:46:03 PM »
The generic marine life in the background kills an otherwise decent looking poster.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »
That poster has koab's mouth watering, just needs some swordfish

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • John Vernon as The Mayor
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »
Every woman I know is in for this. Momoa's got powers. I just want an Imax version of that poster with the fish coming right at me.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 06:34:50 AM »
[img width=800

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »
Looks more promising than I was expecting and I'm a fan of Jason Momoa so I plan on seeing it.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 08:20:57 AM »
Watched the trailer initially from my phone but just based on the visuals, I feel the need to see this in IMAX.
[img width=800

Offline Dramatic Pizza

• brock lock
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 01:39:52 PM »
I kind of enjoy Jason Momoa's ultra broey nu-metal take on Aquaman, but this looks kind of lame based on the trailer to me. Visuals look good though and I'm hoping it's good.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 03:40:44 PM »
Doesn't look bad actually but DC doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes ot this stuff. Hey, anything that gets Patrick Wilson work is alright with me (always been a fan of his).

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 06:30:12 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 03:41:23 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
Saw this last night. I wouldn't call it a good movie, but it was ok. Way way way too long though.

Spoiler: show
Black Manta not being dead pissed me off. He had his arc, he even got a montage! Let him be dead.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Gary

• CXF Writer
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 06:14:43 AM »
I'd also hesitate to call it a good movie, but I'd be lying if I didn't have fun watching it. It's weirdly refreshing to see a big Hollywood movie that's embraces how goofy it is (
Spoiler: show
Amber Heard in a dress made of living Jellyfish! An Octopus playing war drums! Julie Andrews as the voice of a sea monster!
) without having to wink at you. It sometimes feels more like a big budget "Krull" sequel than it does a superhero movie.

"The Godfather: Part Iraq" (2004) In this 4th installment of the Godfather series, the godfathers head to iraq to settle the score, of 9/11.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
I thought this was pretty meh. It was better than Justice League and obviously BvsS but still not very good. It was full of every cliche plot device and a lot of bad comedy (Ha he could pee on it!). There were a couple funny moments like the selfie scene though. The slow mo hair flips and stuff got laughs out of me.

It looked pretty and the action scenes were better than any DC movie other than Wonder Woman though. Maybe I'm being hard on it because there were so many great superhero movies this year, but I really wasn't impressed.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 10:54:05 AM »
First time I’ve ever walked out on a movie for non sickness reasons.   It wasn’t necessarily bad but I just didn’t care and by the time I got to the hour mark, I decided I didn’t want to sit around watching something that bores me that much for another 90 minutes.  Momoa had good charisma but just couldn’t find interest in the movie at all.   

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
Saw this on New Year's Eve and realized I never posted.  I enjoyed it but I always go into DC movies with really low expectations, just hoping to be entertained.  Definitely a movie to see on a big screen and I went to a theatre that was using an even larger than standard screen to show it, which helped enhance all the visuals.

I liked that the movie touched across many different genres, in my opinion.  There was a large stretch where it felt more like an Adventure type of film and the scene with the trench played to the director's strengths in horror.

I got what I wanted out of it and had fun.  Glad it did well enough where it will likely get a sequel, where I think things could be made even better.
[img width=800

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 01:55:51 AM »
Given the questionable reviews on this one ahead of time, when I saw this, I turned my mind off (in the form of getting completely blazed out beforehand for this one) and checked it out in the IMAX 3D format. That said, I thought it was pretty fun and didn't leave me with a bad taste after it. It didnt get into a slow lull of sorts in that format fortunately. Certainly one film that took the 3D format and did well with it for once.