Author Topic: Who Is America?  (Read 326 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Who Is America?
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:33 PM »
Sacha Baron Cohen has a new show for Showtime - Who Is America?

The standard SBC fare, he’s got four characters he goes undercover as.  Watching the premiere from this weekend.  His right wing character met with Bernie Sanders.  Just got done with the second segment of the NPR stereotyping talking to Republicans about his daughter menstrating - more specifically “free-bleeding” on an American flag before talking about getting cucked by a dolphin.

Not sure if anyone else is watching yet but I figured I’d start a thread as I continue on with the first episode.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: Who Is America?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:14:47 PM »
Oh Jesus.  The Republicans talking about the gun proposal.  Larry Pratt’s quote, I don’t want to spoil here but... incredible.
[img width=800

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 03:22:55 AM »
Some parts were jaw dropping in exposing the hypocrisy of the GOP, especially the gun segment. I mean WOW.....it just left me speechless watching how he baited them to say what they said and did what they did. Shows how much some of these lawmakers and lobbyists are in the most vacuous bubble you could ever imagine.

Can't wait to see future episodes as this one was pretty out there but interesting that he is really making some of these people look like complete ignorant fools. Sanders was probably the only one who came off still looking good tbh.

That art lady too.....really??!!!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:16:34 AM »

NSFW

This is so awful.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Drimble Wedge and the Vegetation
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:02 AM »
Incredible.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
This stuff is just too cringe to watch. On both sides. The republicans obviously look like vile assholes (no surprise there) but I do think SBC's schtick is tired and there are more interesting ways to ridicule and expose the hypocrisies of the right.

https://www.aikenstandard.com/news/aiken-couple-appear-on-showtime-s-who-is-america/article_dc020ee0-8941-11e8-b313-43ee0d649624.html

The part about his makeup falling apart is especially cringeworthy.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 07:03:18 AM »
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/breaking-lawmaker-who-used-racial-slurs-show-resigns/PZeFXPfA9xo98b62amubzN/?icmp=np_inform_variation-control

dumbfuck resigned

Mission accomplished, then. That fuckface had no right to even be in an office at all, and the example of him feeling comfortable being a complete racist and homophobic idiot is exactly why a show like this should be done. Same for exposing the gun-happy old codger in the first episode. That's the main juggernaut of all this, and I think its a great way to show the truth behind the curtain of some of these real extreme hate-bating politicians, lobbyists, etc who manipulate others. Its the greatest form of karma I can imagine, and that they deserve.

The other segments are so hit and miss though. Not exactly cringeworthy, but uncomfortable moments of pure lunacy.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »
Been busy and just getting to the episode from two weeks ago.  Roy Moore making the pedophile alarm go off was good.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 09:13:41 AM »
This thread has been dead but Jesus Christ, the OJ Simpson appearance this week.
[img width=800

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 05:44:08 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/sacha-baron-cohen-who-america-deleted-scenes-dick-cheney-jeffrey-epstein-1267152

YIKES

Las Vegas Pedo ring exposed during SBC skit...

I was laughing at the quote about Cheney but it is extremely upsetting to me that the FBI declined to pursue the tip about the pedo ring.
[img width=800