Author Topic: Jay and Silent Bob Reboot  (Read 698 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
« on: July 21, 2018, 04:49:39 PM »
In reading more of the movie news and announcements from Comic Con, I discovered that Kevin Smith was talking about his project out next - Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.  Apparently he announced it months ago on his podcast but I am hearing about it for the first time because he revealed that three of the actors from the CW show The Flash will have roles in the movie, likely due to Smith's relationship with them from directing some episodes of that series.

Here is insight to the film itself from Smith

"If you remember Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back it was a movie in which Jay and Silent Bob found out Hollywood was making a movie about them so they went cross country to Hollywood to stop that from happening. Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is completely fucking different.

"In Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Jay and Silent Bob find out that Hollywood is making a reboot of that old movie that they had made about them, and they have to go cross the country to Hollywood to stop it all over again."

"It’s literally the same fucking movie all over again," he added. "It’s a movie that makes fun of sequels and remakes and reboots while being all three at the same time.” 

Much like Super Troopers, seems like an odd film to have a follow up almost two decades later.  I remember loving the original back in the day, much like other Smith films.  These days I don't care much for him or his projects and really don't know if I'd like the older films going back and re-watching now. 
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Re: Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »
Interesting. I just watched the "Yoga Hosers" movie he made with Depp, his daughter, and Depp's daughter (as well as coincidentally finding the "Yoga Hosers" comic in a comic shop the next day). After the movie we got to talking about how there wasn't anymore movies in the Jersey universe but there were ample references in YH.

Whatever. Smith's work was a major part of my 20s and a lot of the work from the 90s-2006 isn't really relevant to me anymore. I'm still thankful it was there for me when I needed it. His later work has been hot and cold for me. I laughed at the stuff in "Yoga Hosers" but it was just a bad movie overall.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:52:18 AM »
He's officially been involved with more movies I didn't like than movies I do/did like. That being said, Mark Hamill better come back.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:50:43 AM »
When he said he was making Clerks 3 my response was “great. Can’t wait.” Then he said he couldn’t do it and was going to make a mallrats tv series. I was all in. Then he said he couldn’t make the rights work... and then announced he was doing another Jay and Bob movie. A follow up to the worst of the series.  A little Jason Mewes goes a very long way.

I try not to revisit Smith’s work. It doesn’t hold up well. But this doesn’t do anything at all for me.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »
I watched Dogma (dvd) for the first time in a long time 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it immensely. Of course I've been having a crisis of faith the last year so pissing all over organized religion spoke to me.

But yeah, diminishing returns is a major thing with him. Hell, for my 37th birthday this year I made it loud and clear months in advance, "Leave me alone that day so I can binge Kevin Smith films." I wound up at a party and watched zero films.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:44:58 AM »
...kevin smith read our hangover threads, didn't he?

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 04:42:59 AM »
I still dig the first Clerks (and the animated series) and Dogma, but that's about it.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 05:44:17 AM »
I haven't watched any of those movies in a while. I did catch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back a few months ago and I still laughed. My favorite was always Clerks. I watched it right after Jay and Silent Bob and it still held up for me and was hilarious.

"I want to be making fuck berserker!"

"Did he just say making fuck?"
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
When he said he was making Clerks 3 my response was “great. Can’t wait.” Then he said he couldn’t do it and was going to make a mallrats tv series. I was all in. Then he said he couldn’t make the rights work... and then announced he was doing another Jay and Bob movie. A follow up to the worst of the series.  A little Jason Mewes goes a very long way.

I try not to revisit Smith’s work. It doesn’t hold up well. But this doesn’t do anything at all for me.

Blame Jeff Anderson, who didn't want to play Randall again and be "typecast".  As if he had so much fucking going on besides the Askewniverse.

Offline DMann1979

• That's a Shame
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »
I love Kevin dearly and his podcasts seem to be the best outlet for his humor...but man ever since he became a full on stoner his writing (which was generally his strong suit) has just become lost in a haze of marijuana. Some people write well while high, he I'm afraid does not.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 12:06:42 PM »
Wow..

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »
His head is huge.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »
I think anyone that was really fat and then loses a ton of weight appears to have a huge head. It's an optical illusion......or he has a watermelon up there.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »
Head, gangly-ass arms. Silent Orangutan.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »
Observation I made today:

Old college bud was more obsessed with Kevin Smith than most of us, down to the trench coat, backwards hat, beard, heavyset. Every story told, well into his late 20s early 30s reeked of "Kevin Smith wrote this monologue."

My bud just lost a good 150-200 pounds and looks fantastic. I'm really happy for him. But then it's like, "Shit dude you even lose weight like Kevin Smith."

Offline Avid Enthusiast of Warehouses

• Laz
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Head, gangly-ass arms. Silent Orangutan.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 02:25:43 AM »
Sounds like there is about a week left of filming.  Found out when Kevin Smith posted on social media about the cameo just filmed by
Spoiler: show
Chris Jericho
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Avid Enthusiast of Warehouses

• Laz
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »
Speaking of cameos, did anybody else see the set photo taken with Smith, Mewes, and Shannon Elizabeth? Jesus, she hardly looks a day older than she did in Strike Back.