Author Topic: Random Casting News  (Read 917 times)

Description:

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Random Casting News
« on: August 29, 2018, 06:01:41 AM »
I think we need a thread for this stuff, at least until the point where there's news about releasing the movie. And I have a good entry here.

EXCLUSIVE: In the last sizzling film package of the summer, Warner Bros and New Line have won an auction for The King, an epic-sized film that will star Dwayne Johnson as Hawaiian king Kamehameha. Robert Zemeckis is set to direct a film that could be compared to Braveheart, and only partly because King is based on a spec written by that film’s screenwriter, Randall Wallace. Seven Bucks Productions’ Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia are producing with FlynnPictureCo’s Beau Flynn, Zemeckis and Wallace.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/dwayne-johnson-king-kamehameha-movie-robert-zemeckis-randall-wallace-1202453017/

THE ROCK GOING FOR AN OSCAR

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: Random Casting News
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 06:26:49 AM »
Screw the EGOT - Rock will be the first man to get the WEGOT
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline DMann1979

• That's a Shame
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:24:30 AM »
I've been hearing about Rock wanting to do this for quite awhile.

Cue the complaints about a Black Samoan playing a Hawaiian in 3, 2, 1...

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:01:04 AM »
I don't think we'll get too many of those. My understanding of Pacific islanders, at least, is that they all consider each other related, but that may be more a Polynesian-area thing.

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:25:08 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Boy_(2018_film)

They really made a movie where Michael Scott and Holly Flax have a drug addicted kid. Wtf.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:29:31 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 07:46:32 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Boy_(2018_film)

They really made a movie where Michael Scott and Holly Flax have a drug addicted kid. Wtf.

I think the trailer actually looks pretty good, and it looks like Carrell is coming for that Oscar as is Timothee Chalamet.

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 05:06:33 AM »
https://deadline.com/2018/09/netflix-steven-soderbergh-nba-high-flying-bird-andre-holland-zazie-beetz-1202462601/

The anticipated drama, set during a pro basketball lockout, follows a sports agent who pitches a rookie basketball client an intriguing and controversial business proposition. The film reunites Soderbergh with his The Knick star André Holland who also reunites on the movie with Oscar-winning Moonlight writer Tarell Alvin McCraney.

Also starring are Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Melvin Gregg (UnREAL), Sonja Sohn (The Chi), Zachary Quinto (Star Trek: Beyond), Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks) and Bill Duke (Predator). Holland plays the agent, Beetz his right-hand and Gregg the rookie basketball player.

BILL DUKE IN AN NBA MOVIE I NEVER KNEW I WANTED THIS

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
BILL DUKE IN AN NBA MOVIE I NEVER KNEW I WANTED THIS

I hope he's a coach that makes faces like these

the sports figure Bill Duke was meant to play that I never knew would work until I opened this thread.

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
Sonja Sohn is Detective Greggs from The Wire. Always.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 05:39:34 AM »
Guessing this is as relevant a thread as bumping any old one but rumors circulating that Henry Cavill may be done playing Superman.
[img width=800

• Admin

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 07:17:02 AM »
Guessing this is as relevant a thread as bumping any old one but rumors circulating that Henry Cavill may be done playing Superman.

And Warner is interested in Michael B. Jordan to replace him.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Laz
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

Offline Sabre

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 10:48:35 PM »
I think we need a thread for this stuff, at least until the point where there's news about releasing the movie. And I have a good entry here.

EXCLUSIVE: In the last sizzling film package of the summer, Warner Bros and New Line have won an auction for The King, an epic-sized film that will star Dwayne Johnson as Hawaiian king Kamehameha. Robert Zemeckis is set to direct a film that could be compared to Braveheart, and only partly because King is based on a spec written by that film’s screenwriter, Randall Wallace. Seven Bucks Productions’ Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia are producing with FlynnPictureCo’s Beau Flynn, Zemeckis and Wallace.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/dwayne-johnson-king-kamehameha-movie-robert-zemeckis-randall-wallace-1202453017/

THE ROCK GOING FOR AN OSCAR

I await th DBZ Memes

• Admin
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 05:15:20 AM »
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/michael-b-jordan-john-clark-tom-clancy-movies-1202896241/

I am glad that he decided to sign onto this franchise rather than something much more cheesy. I used to read those books and was wondering for years why nobody ever adapted Without Remorse into a movie. Wonder no longer!

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 07:33:31 AM »
This fits:

Mel Gibson is coming on to write and direct a remake of the classic Sam Peckinpah western “The Wild Bunch” at Warner Bros.

The project is based on the classic Peckinpah film that follows an aging group of outlaws look for one last big score even as what they viewed as the wild west is slowly passing them by. The pic had an all-star cast that included William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Edmond O’Brien, Warren Oates, Jaime Sanchez and Ben Johnson.

Project marks the first directing gig for Gibson since 2016’s “Hacksaw Ridge,” which earned him an Oscar nomination as director.

It’s unknown if Gibson’s “Wild Bunch” will be a straight remake or a different story.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/mel-gibson-to-write-and-direct-wild-bunch-remake-at-warner-bros-1202955010/

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 02:45:26 AM »
Hopefully this Wild Bunch is Vince Vaughn, Jon Voight, Tim Allen, James Woods, Chuck Norris, Kelsey Grammer, and Bruce Willis going to take on PC cowboys.

• Laz
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 04:51:16 AM »
One of the defining aspects of Peckinpah's Wild Bunch is the morally gray area the protagonists dwell in addition to the (at the time) excessive violence. Color me interested that Mel "I showed every drop.of Christ's blood" Gibson wants to helm a remake.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson have been confirmed to reprise their roles as The Warrens for Annabelle 3
[img width=800

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 02:05:05 PM »
I didn't even know there was an Annabelle 2.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
It was pretty forgettable, but not bad. Better than the first Annabelle.

• Laz
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 12:36:04 AM »
Yes and no. It was much more even and competently made, but nothing in the second one matched the quality of the first's basement scene. That was practically the saving grace of the entire ordeal.

Offline Ut Ot

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 08:11:07 AM »
So, I'm catching up on listening to TBGWT, and they had the guys from Medium Popcorn on their last Monday show, which is the first time I hear about this upcoming Queen movie. I just got done looking at the trailer, and Rami Malek does indeed look like he was born to play Freddie Mercury. Which then led me to wonder, how is it that Topher Grace never got nabbed to star in a Pete Maravich biopic? Like not even a made-for-NBATV-movie?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 05:38:06 AM »
Guess this is as good a thread as any to post this tidbit I just came across.

Disney is going to do another Pirates movie but they are moving forward without Johnny Depp.  Now, I know before his recent troubles he was a big reason for the franchise's success.  Not sure how much interest there is outside the Captain Jack Sparrow fans but the reason I found this interesting and shoehorned this into the casting thread is by not casting Depp, the studio is saving $90 million dollars.  Apparently the last Pirates had a $230 million budget and over a third of that was Depp's salary alone.  The film did make about $795 million at the box office.

Curious to see how the franchise fares without Depp as even though I think a ton of the domestic fan girls may protest, I would venture a Disney Pirates film to still make money overseas without him.
[img width=800

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 06:49:01 AM »
I got sick of the Pirates movies in general ages ago and Johnny Depp himself really so I'm good.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
Those movies feel like artifacts of the 00's, yet this one will probably make 110 million domestic and 900 million worldwide, so what do I know.

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 05:41:10 AM »

• Admin
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 06:30:08 AM »