Author Topic: The Happytime Murders  (Read 88 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Happytime Murders
« on: September 22, 2018, 09:39:24 AM »
I know this is already out of first-run theatres but there was no thread and I didn't want to clutter up 909's review thread but will plug his review in that thread here:

The Happytime Murders Review by 909

A buddy of mine and I had been joking about seeing the puppet jizz and were planning on going last weekend when it was already pulled from theaters.  We saw it pop up in a discount theatre somewhat in the middle of where we both live, so we met for a noon showing today.

I think 909's review, now that I read it, hits it pretty well.  I did laugh at a few more things than I expected but for every little funny moment, they'd run way too long beating something that wasn't humorous the first time into the ground.  There were times I wondered if the people involved knew what people found funny, much like 909 said in his review.

I was surprised with this being what it was, that the theater had way more people in it than I expected.  Saturday noon showing in a discount theatre and there must have been at least twenty or so people there, which seemed about as big as any crowd for any of the larger titles showing there today (like the showing of Jurassic World 2 that was following in that seem theatre).  There was more laughter in the general audience than I expected too.  It wasn't as shitty as like A Million Ways to Die in the West which I don't remember laughing during at all.

My favorite character was probably the crab, which ended up having been played by Brian Henson in like a two-minutes vulgar part.  I knew Kevin Clash, the original Elmo, was involved as well, and seeing he was portraying two sleazy members of the Happytime Gang (though as 909 pointed, basically every puppet in this movie was scum), makes me want to read what ended up happening with him following that forced Sesame Street departure and what he's been up to.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Dramatic Pizza

• brock lock
Re: The Happytime Murders
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
I'll never ever watch this, but seeing the red band trailer in front of Deadpool 2 with a family that brought bunch of kids that seemed like they were between 5-8 seated behind me reacting to the puppet jizz was one of the most harrowing experiences.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: The Happytime Murders
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »
Trying to figure out that family bringing all those kids to Deadpool 2 but I had that happened with that awful A Million Ways to Die in the West I mentioned earlier.  There was a scene with lots of animal penis and the only ones reacting were a row of children that someone brought which then topped my most uncomfortable film to see in a theatre with a bunch of kids passing Get Rich or Die Tryin' and I Know Who Killed Me
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater