Author Topic: TWIW 7/8-7/14: The Club is open for business  (Read 538 times)

Description:

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
TWIW 7/8-7/14: The Club is open for business
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:35:12 AM »
Raw Preview : Quick Hits
Andrade & Zelina Vega throw down the gauntlet
Is The Club taking over the red brand?
Roman Reigns & mystery partner to face Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre before No Holds Barred Tag Team showdown at Extreme Rules
Rey Mysterio returns to Raw tonight
R-Truth wants his “baby” back!
Will “Jealous” Joe get payback against the WWE Champion?
What’s next for Braun Strowman after Falls Count Anywhere Match incident?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: TWIW 7/8-7/14: The Club is open for business
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:47:11 AM »
Rather post this in a higher traffic thread like this than the indy thread, Damien Sandow re-emerged on the indies as I guess he struck on his quest to go Hollywood.  He did a run-in to set up a match at some promotion the weekend of Starrcast 3 but the highlight whatever name he is going by now (I think Aron James), his gimmick is "The Millennial Slayer"
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 11:11:30 AM »
How can it be a mixed tag elimination match? Zelina is out, and if Andrade were to beat Rollins, he can't wrestle Becky. Good lord, WWE! Think a little!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
It just becomes a singles match. Beyond it being a bit confusing that was a really fun match and the fans were eating it up. My wife was fucking PISSED at andrade when he ran into becky.

Offline strummer

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 11:30:24 AM »
Crowd was really into Becky and Seth. They were getting road to Mania pops there

And holy crap Lacey is absolutely shredded.  Vince must love this woman more than we imagine

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
looks like sasha back at the ppv after that segment.

Offline strummer

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
Yep Sasha's comin' back

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:38:55 PM »
Can we stop saying "impregnate?" It's a clumsy word.

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 02:32:15 PM »
Um so the ending of RAW with Roman's masked janitor tag partner going wild, then getting pinned clean as a sheet in 2 or 3 minutes by Drew then being revealed as Cedric Alexander...

Like that's not even bad booking. It's just inexplicable booking. I'd like to hear someone explain why *that* was the best idea to close RAW.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 09:22:48 PM »
Shouldn't the masked wrestler WIN??!!  I know it's just Cedric but still.  God forbid Shane show some vulnerability.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 11:14:37 PM »
Last night's RAW pretty much blew.  Disappointing after last week.  I like the Maverick/Truth stuff as comedy and I like the program with Ricochet and The Club.  Interested to see if maybe Ricochet brings in some backup from NXT down the line.  Maybe he could team with Street Prophets?  Speaking of them, they're entertaining, but it's weird that they're just hanging backstage, recapping the show we're watching and hyping the PPV, with no explanation at all. 

Other than that stuff I'm not into anything else on the show right now.  Seth/Becky and the Bayley/Nikki stuff was cringeworthy.  They bring Rey back and squash him?  Why even book that match?  I need Corbin, Shane, Miz and Elias off the show completely, they're all totally overexposed.

I like that they finally did something with Cedric, that was cool, but seriously does he have to lose clean there?  You don't have to have a finish, just do a schmozz

Not really looking forward to anything on this show other than AJ-Ricochet and Kofi-Joe

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 01:50:14 AM »
Yeah, back to bad counterproductive shit last night. I'm guessing (just a theory) that Vince wanted to be more hands on again after giving Heyman some freedom last week. I hope the idea then is for Heyman to get more booking power next week like Bischoff apparently will. Anyway the show last night makes me wonder if Vince really WILL let go at all. It was the same bullshit terrible scripted stuff that felt like it was totally catering to Vince's ego, really weak verbiage all across the board (and more than usual). There was alot of juvenile sex humor in the script for some reason, with Maverick talking about finally banging his wife (?), etc, etc. Just weird.

The wrestling was ok but nothing stood out really. The tired formula of 2/3 falls and elimination matches is really getting worn out too. And in addition, the whole booking mantra of when there is a singles match, then that match ends quickly and another opponent is added to one of the workers for a second match? This shit needs to really cool down and they need to just book SINGULAR MATCHES WITH ONE FUCKING FALL.

The Cedric thing...who the fuck came up with that shit? I can't tell if that was a one-off or an attempt to actually try to push him. Weird out of the gates positioning if so.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 04:19:09 AM »
UFC Hall of Famers and former WWE Superstars Dan "The Beast" Severn and Ken Shamrock "The Worlds Most Dangerous Man" are going to pro wrestler each other for the first time since they clashed on Raw in the 90's next month in Australia

Meltz -

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 04:27:19 AM »
Pro wrestler each other

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 04:32:19 AM »
Lol

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 05:21:10 AM »
I'd guess that Rey wasn't actually ready to come back and this was a way to make Lashley look really strong, since he really hasn't been a convincing threat in his entire run.

The Seth/Becky stuff was really well booked and the crowd reactions were tremendous. Street Profits were really hilarious. The Club/Ricochet stuff was great. The stuff with Cedric was weird and didn't make much sense at all but I'd like to see if it's followed up on and how well before I shit on it too hard.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 06:20:59 AM »
Look at it this way:  Cedric was absolutely taking it to Drew and Shane by himself during that section of the match and Drew came out of nowhere to absolutely destroy him with the Claymore. It was both realistic as well as against the usual trope of the masked surprise wrestler coming out on top. Cedric looked amazing but two strongly booked major players were able to get the upper hand two on one with a finishing move out of nowhere.

I think Heyman has his mind set on pushing Cedric.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 06:57:45 AM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
Hahaha.  Did he just change his twitter av to the half mask too?  That's awesome.  Might as well run with it and try to get it over on the net, it's literally the first thing they've done with him since taking him off 205 Live unless you count a wwe.com exclusive of him being congratulated by Roman and some others for being "called up" to RAW and I guess running around with the 24/7 geeks

I think he'll be a Heyman pet project, I just hope it's not like when they would push Evan Bourne or Neville for a couple weeks then Vince would just drop it cold.  At least Cedric isn't as small compared to a lot of the top guys now

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
Woah, looks like WWE are returning to MSG in September for Raw and Smackdown. Spending that Fox money baby, aww yeah.

Offline strummer

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
Kinda surprised how many people liked Raw last night.  Thought it was pretty dreadful other than a few bright spots (Becky/Seth reactions, Richochet/AJ stuff).  Meltz taking a beating today from the usual suspects for killing the show.  I kinda agree with him that certain segments reminded me of wcw 2000. Especially the main

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 11:07:50 AM »
Raw wasn't that bad IMO. It was a big downturn from last week but it was fine. Becky/Seth, Club stuff, BOB segment were all good. The Bob segment was needed to continue making him look like a big threat because Braun is such a beast. They also essentially told everyone that Sasha was going to show up at the ppv. A hot crowd helped it.

Online Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 11:09:41 AM »
Woah, looks like WWE are returning to MSG in September for Raw and Smackdown. Spending that Fox money baby, aww yeah.

It’s because AAA is running there a few days later and WWE is trying to fuck with them.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
I didn’t like Raw overall. It was the first Raw I had watched in many months due to life and many other factors. I tuned in based on the promising recaps of last week’s show without heyman’s influence. This seemed to be formulaic and overproduced. However, I did like several of the hinges that others here did not like.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline strummer

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »
Fantastic promo from KO kicking off Smackdown.  He's going to be a great babyface

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
I came in on Raw late. I saw Shane and Drew following a hobbled custodian into a bathroom. To the others who had also just started watching in the room I said, "ah, it's a tag match with Drew and Shane against Reigns but the heels pick the partner." We started doing other things and I caught the bittersweet ending with Cedric Alexander after the others left. Gotta keep Shane strong.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »
Fantastic promo from KO kicking off Smackdown.  He's going to be a great babyface

Yeah another voice of the voiceless character.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater