Author Topic: Impact Wrestling is Hard to Kill  (Read 291 times)

Description: Spitting Mad Vs Spitting Racist

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
Impact Wrestling is Hard to Kill
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:54:10 PM »
It seemed way too long since Impact Wrestling had any controversy but here we are, on the weekend of a pay per view based around their resilience and it has returned. #1 Contender Tessa Blanchard is on hot water over stories RE: her past bad behavior (including outright racism).

Of course, fan interaction has always played a huge part for Impact Wrestling and it's no different this week.

Anyway, the card for tonight...

Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill
January 12th, 2020
Live from The Bomb Factory in Dallas, Texas

Impact World Title Match
Sami Callihan (c) Vs Tessa Blanchard

Impact X-Division Title Match
Ace Austin (c) Vs Trey Miguel

Triple Threat Match for the Impact Knockouts Title
Taya Valkyrie Vs Jordynne Grace Vs ODB

Impact Tag Team Titles Match
The North (c) Vs Willie Mack & Rich Swann

Match for the Call Your Shot Trophy
Eddie Edwards (trophy holder) Vs Michael Elgin

Rob Van Dam Vs Brian Cage

Rhino Vs Moose

Ken Shamrock Vs Madman Fulton

Does anyone think there's any chance this changes Impact's plans for this PPV? I think it's less than 0.001%. Current Impact roster is kind of built around industry pariahs who were cast aside and are trying to rebuild their careers (Rich Swann, Elgin, hell even Tessa' opponent Sami Callihan) so in my mind, it'd make perfect sense for them to stay the course with their plans for Tessa.

If anything, they're probably psyched that she got outed as a racist POS cause it'll probably drive her asking price down when her contract is up in a few months.

Online JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
Re: Impact Wrestling is Hard to Kill
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 11:34:06 PM »
They may feel they have to keep the belt off of Tessa in order to keep what heat there will be off (I've seen people flat out saying they should write Tessa off the show completely, which isn't happening).

Of course, the people who actually watch Impact would probably give them more heat for not putting the belt on her than the people who would be pissed about them giving the belt to her in the first place, because it's Impact.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 03:44:21 AM »
Hail Joey Ryan: King of the Performatively Woke Wrestling Community

Also Taya should totally go to AEW except they'd probably literally make her character into a Viking queen (and debut Luke Harper as her Norseman bodyguard)

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 04:48:15 AM »
If they make Harper into basically the Hound, I'm in.

The fallout is going to be fun to watch, at least for a while. They need to pin all their hope on Ken Shamrock.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 05:22:02 AM »
Pray for my man Ethan's bowels.

He should've known better than to dine at the hot dog & hamburger buffet.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
Whoda thunk the first North American rasslin PPV of the 2020s would kick off with this guy!?

Also someone leaked audio of Tessa Blanchard taking a shit that she recorded for some rich sex pervert.

Big day of stars of Impact Wrestling making an IMPACT on the toilet between her and Ethan Page's severe diarrhea.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »
In 24 hours Tessa went from one of the hottest wrestling commodities to being accused of bullying and racism AND audio of her taking a #2 is somewhere out there on the internet.

Can we somehow get Bob Barron or Shooting Star to review this supposed clip?

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Piranhas are a very tricky species.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
She's the ultimate Horseman.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »
YES YES YES YES

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
The ending of that show was absolutely amazing. Not only does the racist win the title but they are roundly cheered. If you want to know why the general public thinks this is the worst, most carny and scummy industry in the world, look no further than this.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 04:16:18 PM »
Most of the crowd was brown bro why would they care? Woo history made if you were against this you're a sexist but if you were for this you're a racist god damn the only thing wrestling attracts are the trolls now. And man did I learn that the kind of people who are still diehard into this company and still try to sell to people it's the best or second best wrestling company to watch in North America are going to stan for this company no matter what.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 10:06:59 PM »
Yeah. I'm surprised so many people are surprised that hardcore fans of a company that already had Moose, Michael Elgin, Rich Swann, and Sami Callihan have no moral standing.

That speech sounds downright Trumpian.

Eddie Edwards could anally rape their grandmother and a Impact stan will still think Impact is the best promotion in the world.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 01:33:08 AM »
There is a video out of the speech after and there certainly was a chunk of the crowd not blindly supporting her at that point FWIW. During the match itself though, felt like it was 100 percent babyface heat for her, which admittedly surprised me. But then again you have such a strong shitbag heel in Sami who pretty much did EVERYTHING he could to make the dynamic as dramatic and heel/face as possible, so it's really no surprise the crowd didn't turn on her at least during the match. That actually is a testament to both of them as individual workers as Tessa was busting her ass and he was carrying that heat of the match on his shoulders.

In fact, that main event may have had the most heat I've seen from an Impact main event in years to be honest. Really strong match and yes, Tessa is a piece of shit clearly behind the curtains, even playing victim a bit in all of this is fucking disgusting. But she IS a hell of worker and IS carrying her own in this company with her work, as much as I am appalled at how she is personally.

Should have Impact changed course on a 8-9 month long fucking build to this moment based off a reputation she had coming into the company? I'd say not, but be mindful of what's at play at this point. If this stuff continues with more talent coming out of the woodwork, and how that affects the crowd reactions to her, as well as her reactions and how she is handling all this shit, at some point you may just simply have to turn her back heel to play to those responses a bit. I would imagine Impact isn't going to give her a super long standing run here, but you certainly need to account for setting up a new challenger to start a new program with her before talking of getting the belt off her happens.

Besides the main, and a pretty physical Edwards and Elgin match, this ppv was pretty much weak as fuck. I really did not get into the first half of this show at all. Shamrock was clunky as fuck, the X division and Knockouts title matches were just there, and the stuff with Brian Cage/RVD/Daga was a total clusterfuck. Second half was a bit better, but the Rhino/Moose match was an average brawl, and the handicap tag title match was booked as it had to be, with Mack almost winning (and the spot of the night with a wicked destroyer off a doomsday device spot) but coming up short.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 01:40:45 AM »
It is pretty hilarious and TNA like that Brian Cage, who was probably the strongest built babyface in Impact for the past half decade, got written off with a beat down from superwashed RVD.

I get that he has to be written off somehow since he left the company but of all the guys to get the rub, oldass RVD!?

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 01:48:43 AM »
It is pretty hilarious and TNA like that Brian Cage, who was probably the strongest built babyface in Impact for the past half decade, got written off with a beat down from superwashed RVD.

I get that he has to be written off somehow since he left the company but of all the guys to get the rub, oldass RVD!?

It was just so weird. I theorized on my rant last night on my YouTube page that likely there was some issue with Cage maybe not wanting to do the job on his way out and it derailed from there. The actual work in the Cage/RVD "match" (felt more like an angle) was not good at all either. I get he's playing a kinda hazy lackadaisical character right now, but yikes...the in ring isn't doing him any favors on this. Then out comes Daga randomly based off a really silly angle beforehand (RVD thinking Daga was a fan in the backstage) and I was just scratching my head at the stupidity here.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 01:54:11 AM »
I think they need to get RVD into a tag team or sort of part time role ASAP. It's too bad cause he's clearly trying for the first time since maybe he left WWE for the first time but his body can't go where his mind wants to take him at this point.

Him and Ace Austin and RVD's bisexual girlfriends as a horny band of idiots could be fun.

I'm just afraid based on last night's booking that there's a chance we might get RVD Vs Tessa. Which is a real whoever wins, we lose scernario.