Author Topic: Get your ass on your phone and fix your fucking twitter right now! Part 2  (Read 25152 times)

Description:

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
How has NOBODY been on top of the Lance Storm/Bix Twitter feud?

?s=21

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Too soon?

@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
someone needs to give allan a cheapshot

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Well, he's used to working with tools.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
?s=21

Rollins said WWE is the best wrestling in the world right now. Will Ospreay disagrees then gets owned.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Of all the ways to respond to a WWE guy claiming to have the best wrestling that was def one of the weakest. Glad Rollins put over Ricochet too instead of himself.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
lmao I don't like Will O Spreay but Rollins is a moron with these tweets lately.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
He's the main WWE champ and face of the company right now. I don't blame him at all for sticking up for WWE.

He's wrong as hell, of course, but his position is easily justifiable.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
What Seth is doing is better the usual WWE twitter crap so I don't care if he is wrong, which obviously he is (althought not about Ospreay/Ricochet). The stuff Seth is doing where he's talking about how hard the roster is working, singling out specific workers and calling out matches like the 205 match is actually good for morale.

I'm happy to see the talent who are working hard get some love.

Offline Tino Standard

Good for Seth sticking up for his locker room. Also: I would add that the actual WWE roster has a lot of great talent right now. It’s creative (well, one guy really) who brings everything about the product down.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine

Well said, Dave.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Rollins letting the Saudi blood money go to his head.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
I really don't think Seth cares who has the best wrestling ATM. He's just trying to build up his co-workers morale.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
All these takes and not one joke about Becky's tweeting style rubbing off on Seth.

:'(

Offline Tino Standard

I really don't think Seth cares who has the best wrestling ATM. He's just trying to build up his co-workers morale.

Bingo. If you’re a locker room leader and you know morale is at an all-time low, there’s a lot more value in going to bat for your guys than scoring Internet points.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Ospreay's on a roll:

?s=21

?s=19

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Nah, I don’t need a flippy Twitter Warrior when you got LONE WOLF trolling the indies with Danny DeVito gifs
[img width=800

Online geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
Rollins comes off as really insecure.  I don't blame him.  Let's face it, everyone knows WWE sucks right now.  Even him. But, if you're the guy you kind of have to defend the product.

With that said, I've always had the impression Rollins was a douche in real life.  His twitter basically confirms it.
Randy!

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
I can't believe how much people still get worked these days. Both guys start tweeting about each other in order to raise the interest level of fans, not taking it remotely seriously. Then people start talking about it like it's real.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
I can't believe how much people still get worked these days. Both guys start tweeting about each other in order to raise the interest level of fans, not taking it remotely seriously. Then people start talking about it like it's real.

Twitter has created a whole different type of mark.

• Admin

It's kind of hilarious. I'm sure Seth has no intention of being a WWE lifer, so he just worked himself into a future match that would sell a shitload of tickets even if it's 5-10 years from now. Yet everyone is treating this like it's a shoot feud or something, because deep down people really want to believe that all the workers hate each other. The last page of this thread is a great example of how wrestlers are turning everyone back into marks and it's one of the largest achievements in the wrestling biz during the last five years or so.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online geniusMoment

It's kind of hilarious. I'm sure Seth has no intention of being a WWE lifer, so he just worked himself into a future match that would sell a shitload of tickets even if it's 5-10 years from now. Yet everyone is treating this like it's a shoot feud or something, because deep down people really want to believe that all the workers hate each other. The last page of this thread is a great example of how wrestlers are turning everyone back into marks and it's one of the largest achievements in the wrestling biz during the last five years or so.

The problem is though wrestlers haven't figured out how to translate this into getting people to pay to see matches against someone.

They're kind of like the modern day underpants gnomes.  They've got step 1 down.  And they know step 3 is profit.  But, no one seems to know step 2.

I'll give you an example  If tomorrow WWE announced Will vs. Seth on Raw 90% of people who saw the tweets would just immediately assume it was all just a big work for a match.

Wrestlers can work people on twitter, but as soon as an actual match is announced everyone just believes it was all BS.  They can fool people on twitter, but not fool them with actual matches.  Maybe it's because the curtain hasn't been pulled back on twitter like it has on wrestling.  Maybe it's why wrestling will never be as good as it once was.

If a promoter could ever get people to believe in matches again like people believe in twitter it would be that elusive step 2.
Randy!

• Admin
In a lot of ways it's better than it was. Most people just don't care enough to go find the promotion that best caters to their wishes. The problem with wrestling fans is their attachment to stuff that wasn't very good to begin with.

Online geniusMoment

In a lot of ways it's better than it was. Most people just don't care enough to go find the promotion that best caters to their wishes. The problem with wrestling fans is their attachment to stuff that wasn't very good to begin with.

Depends on how you view it.  People used to view matches the way they currently view twitter.  There was a belief of real hatred even if they knew the outcomes were pre-determined.  I don't think you'll ever get that back.  And without that I don't think you have the same emotion.  Wrestling now is like watching a dance.  It can be beautiful, and can be judged, but so much of the past emotion is long gone.
Randy!

• Admin
You can get all that from other promotions. It isn't that hard to find anymore.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7anvf6

Literally everything about this feels like "the way it used to be"

There are other American promotions that do the same thing.

Online geniusMoment

Are there modern day US promotions where fans don't chant "this is awesome" or something similar?  Any promotion that features a crowd that chants that or something similar is immediately out.  I would like a promotion where people actually believe the wrestlers hate each other and where the fans don't try to be part of the show, but rather get so involved with the stories that they cheer or boo.  I think that's long gone.
Randy!

• Admin
Are there modern day US promotions where fans don't chant "this is awesome" or something similar?  Any promotion that features a crowd that chants that or something similar is immediately out.  I would like a promotion where people actually believe the wrestlers hate each other and where the fans don't try to be part of the show, but rather get so involved with the stories that they cheer or boo.  I think that's long gone.

GCW

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
In this era its so insanely easy to find wrestling of all kinds. Even if you don't like WWE or NJPW style this is one of if not the best period for quality wrestling world-wide.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
In this era its so insanely easy to find wrestling of all kinds. Even if you don't like WWE or NJPW style this is one of if not the best period for quality wrestling world-wide.

Right now we're in the middle of another wrestling boom period. It's different than the last one, which was between 2 mainstream companies. This one is for the indies and foreign companies. Between Twitch, Fite, YouTube, IWTV, and other streaming services, it's so easy to find something to watch. I'm in NY, but most of the wrestling I follow is from the West Coast, or the MA/ME area, and NJPW.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Admin
That the likes of Meltzer fail to see the entire Twitter battle as Seth elevating Ospreay is befuddling. You would think someone tied into the industry would be able to understand that, I'm not talking about the comments or whatever because I think the entire thing is a work. Look at the difference in followers between these two guys, it's enormous. A rising tide where Seth's fans learn about Ospreay and watch his matches leads to the entire industry being buoyed.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
It's so weird to me that Seth Rollins is now a locker room leader of sorts.  Mark Henry is gone.  Big Show is gone.  Kane is gone.  Randy Orton seems to come and go as he pleases.  F'n Miz is one of the longest tenured wrestlers.  I saw a stat that he's top 5 all-time in combined time with a title.  F'n dire.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
Yeah bro. We need the days of JBL & Bobcore Holly as locker room leaders back asap

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Yeah I'll take Miz over basically all of those guys. He's entertaining and from all reports not a complete prick like most of them.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes

[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes

[img width=800

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM

This feels a lot more genuine than the other stuff he's said tbh.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM

Wrestlers are really dumb

Online Kamala For Kamala Harris

• CXF Writer

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer

I assume your trying to mock Grandpa Beefcake for his big ol' belly...but the nipple rings bothered me MUCH more.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
US fans react: "snug it up and we'll talk"

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
?s=20

It's always funny to me how Graves is one of the most triggered WWE superstars.