Author Topic: Clipper Darrell bids Wes Johnson Adieu - NBA October 2018 thread  (Read 2505 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Season opens tomorrow, let’s start trying to have monthly threads at least.

The Clippers are trying to get to 15 roster spots and have traded Wes Johnson to the Pelicans for Alexis Ajinca.  Ajinca and Juwan Evans will be waived by LAC.

Think people did their predictions in the preseason thread but let’s get the NBA talk going
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: Clipper Darrell bids Wes Johnson Adieu - NBA October 2018 thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 06:59:24 AM »
Jamal Crawford joins the Suns

lol
[img width=800

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:48:14 AM »
Myles Turner extended 4/72
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
Hm, 18m is less than I expected him to get.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 11:34:32 AM »
Philadelphia is +9 when Embiid is on the court, and the game is tied after 1Q. That doesn't speak highly of their depth.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 04:31:49 PM »
Seeing Jordan Bell tonight makes me wonder what Chicago ended up doing with those Cash Considerations?

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
Buying out D-Wade lirl

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 04:54:18 PM »
Buying out D-Wade lirl

edit: wait, nevermind. I read that wrong. I thought the cash went to Jabari's contract, but yeah buying Wade out. Fuck, the Bulls suck.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 06:19:28 AM »
Caught the tail end of the Celtics game.  I know only one game so far but we will see if Kyrie keeps that verbal commitment when last night it looked like it should be Tatum’s team.

G league Draft is Saturday and Dejuan Blair has entered the player pool.

Debated going to the Suns-Mavericks tonight to go check out Doncic but I can’t justiy paying opening night prices for that level of game.  Can’t wait to hear all the youth movement rhetoric spouting when ESPN airs that game tonight.  Even with Booker returning, Mavericks should thrash the Suns but curious how Ayton fares against DeAndre.

Suns also announced newly signed Jamal Crawford will not be active yet.  Assume he will be there starting point guard once he gets in.  Guess with Booker back they will run with Shaq Harrison at pint with Booker, Ariza, Anderson and Ayton and Josh Jackson back to the bench. 
[img width=800

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 06:24:35 AM »
Irving was the drizzling shits last night.  I'd chalk it up to rust but Hayward was coming back from a worse injury and looked better.

Offline strummer

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
The Knicks scored 49(!) points in the 2nd quarter tonight. If I heard right their highest scoring quarter in team history.  Or maybe highest 2nd quarter in team history.  Hawks have to be the worst team in the league

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »
Jrue Holiday rocking a doorag(!) out there lol

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »
Jrue Holiday rocking a doorag(!) out there lol

Early moment of the year, don't see it being topped for a few months.

Offline Gert

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
Caught the tail end of the Celtics game.  I know only one game so far but we will see if Kyrie keeps that verbal commitment when last night it looked like it should be Tatum’s team.

G league Draft is Saturday and Dejuan Blair has entered the player pool.

Debated going to the Suns-Mavericks tonight to go check out Doncic but I can’t justiy paying opening night prices for that level of game.  Can’t wait to hear all the youth movement rhetoric spouting when ESPN airs that game tonight.  Even with Booker returning, Mavericks should thrash the Suns but curious how Ayton fares against DeAndre.

Suns also announced newly signed Jamal Crawford will not be active yet.  Assume he will be there starting point guard once he gets in.  Guess with Booker back they will run with Shaq Harrison at pint with Booker, Ariza, Anderson and Ayton and Josh Jackson back to the bench.

Are the secondary market prices outrageous for Opening Night too? That's interesting from all of the LP I watch it seems like teams go out of their way to beg and grovel to get fans into the arena.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »
I think it really varies team to team.  The Suns are just shitty and are using Ayton to justify stupid ticket prices.  Part of the reason I really haven't been going to games in the past few years.  I rather spend the higher prices to go see a real game and visit another city as I've caught home games for the Wizards, Clippers and Nuggets in the past few years instead of wasting time and money here.  Have a couple other destinations in mind this year if I can plan the time.

I got tickets for Suns-Celtics this year which is in a few weeks.  The prices through the team were stupid.  Because they are so bad, there isn't a ton of secondary market tickets, especially on the draw teams like Boston.  When I was looking for tickets for Suns-Mavs tickets, the best seat/prices I found was like $80 a piece before fees (which would probably be at least another $50 total) for Row 20-something - which just seems like too much to me for that matchup.  I had gotten better seats for better matchups cheaper in the past and my Celtics tickets were more expensive but closer and that's a team that is special to me.  I am guessing if I decide I want to go see some team like the Blazers in a few months, I may catch a deal but it's been at the point I don't really like giving the franchise any money by going to the games anyway.
[img width=800

Offline Gert

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
That's a pretty cool way to do it actually. I try to either alternate between Jazz-Pacers or Jazz-Cavs since its a multiple hour trip each way. That said, the spending more and going to a different town and arena would be cool.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 10:06:03 PM »
The Knicks scored 49(!) points in the 2nd quarter tonight. If I heard right their highest scoring quarter in team history.  Or maybe highest 2nd quarter in team history.  Hawks have to be the worst team in the league

The thing I loved about the game is that they didn't blow it in the third. The past few seasons they'd have big leads heading to halftime, and then they'd give up 30+ points and only score 15. Last night, they gave up 30+ points, but they also score 30+ points. This might not (it won't) keep up the whole year, but even in the preseason they were fun to watch.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 03:49:12 AM »
Well, with Ayton's line last night, I think it is safe to say he is the real deal.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
Dwight Howard missed the Wizards' opener with a "sore buttocks".  Jokes welcome

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
I'll start

Offline Magic Johnson

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
  • New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
The entire league will be butthurt soon, because the rebirth of Showtime is coming in a matter of seconds.  I hope everyone is tuning into TNT for this historic game.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:38 AM »
Celtics-Raptors on ESPN tonight. Should be good.  Raptors favored by 3 with game in Toronto.
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 07:34:23 PM »
Knicks lost 107-106 @ Brooklyn on a last second Caris LeVert drive in a fun game.  I love that they're playing so uptempo, playing pressure D and getting out on the break.  They forced a ton of turnovers, but they got killed on the boards by the Nets. 

Enes Kanter and Timmy Jr. have been beasting and it's funny having two 26 yr olds as the team's veteran leaders, but they're the youngest team in the league and the youthful energy is infectious.  Fizdale was a great hire for such a young team, and I love that he's going 10-11 deep.

Knox looked a lot better in game 2, and Trier could be a real great find.  I also like the former lottery reclamation projects in Vonleh and Hezonia to go with Trey Burke.  All too young and talented to be called busts and just needed a change of scenery/fresh start I think.  Frankie Nicotine looks much more confident and improved, and he grew in height/added muscle since last year.  He's starting at the 2/3 and in addition to the great D looks much more confident running the point and taking his opportunities to shoot/attack with the ball.  He looks like he's going to keep getting better and better, and with him, Burke and Hardaway out there together they have 3 guys who can be primary ballhandler at times.

I like this Nets team and the way they play too.  They have some really interesting players like LeVert, Jarrett Allen and Dinwiddie.  Joe Harris is a sniper.  The Latvian rookie Kurucs played and didn't look bad.  They're a team that's going to play hard every night and might surprise some people.  I really think they're one player away from being really good.  Like if they could dump Russell and find a way to get Kemba or Dame they'd be dope.

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 05:49:25 AM »
The Nets being this far along in their rebuild is genuinely stunning. They've been giving away top picks for ages, but they are a contender for a bottom seed in the East.

Lavert will be an All-Star this year and Allen will be in the future.

Offline strummer

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
Another late game loss for the Knicks.  Frustrating as hell but the effort is there

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »
Jokic with a triple double against the Suns tonight.  25 points (11-11 shooting) with 12 rebounds and 11 assists.
[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »
Lirl Rondo just hit Paul like Chris Childs hit Kobe. Then Ingram punched Paul too.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »
Malice at the Palace Forum Staples?

• Admin
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »
Man Chris Paul is a fucking scumbag. Pokes dude in the eye and claims he got spit on. Fuck outta here man.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2018, 04:05:11 PM »
Wonder how long all these suspensions are gonna be.  Throwing punches, it will be a few.
[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »
Last year the Lakers had a few issues where nobody stood up for their young teammates. That won't be a problem now and I like that. Rondo earns my respect immediately.

Offline strummer

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
What the fuck was Ingram doing though?  Why was he so mad to begin with?  Harden really didn't do anything to him

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
Rondo handled that situation how he should’ve, outside the unconfirmed “spit”.  He was sticking up for teammates and had every reason to swing after the finger in his face.  The camera was on Ingram when it started but hearing Paul and Rondo, I knew neither would back down.

The big screw up was Ingram.  I get frustration but no reason for him to start it by shoving Harden.  Then again, I still don’t buy into his hype and this seemed like a pretty big immaturity moment that will sting if he does it in more meaningful games.  And in the West, these games end up as having been meaningful in some seasons.
[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
What the fuck was Ingram doing though?  Why was he so mad to begin with?  Harden really didn't do anything to him

He got tired of Harden whining. No excuses but that's the only explanation.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
I can buy the getting tired of Harden whining thing. A man who gets as high as Ingram ain't got time for that level of buzzkill.

• Admin
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm just glad that dudes ain't patting each other on the ass and being friendly and shit. We need hatred back in the game and some of these young guys are going to bring it back.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
These young guys?  The only two squaring up old school were Paul and Rondo.  Ingram pouted then ran in for a sucker punch.
[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
These young guys?  The only two squaring up old school were Paul and Rondo.  Ingram pouted then ran in for a sucker punch.

Embiid has the hatred

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
Oh yeah.  There’s a couple with the nasty popping around the league.  Was just thinking this game.  I’m ready for some Marcus Smart fights.
[img width=800

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
I'd probably say that Ingram's going to get 8-10 for his sucker punch, with Paul receiving whatever Rondo gets which will likely be 3-5. I'd probably guess 5 and 10 reduced to 3 and 8 if I had to bet.

Also, Harden whining on not getting free throws is funny.

Offline Gert

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 01:14:00 AM »
I'd be fine with 3-3-6 for Paul/Rondo/Ingram or 3-3-8 if they really want to emphasize that Ingram shouldn't have come in from behind, but I hope the NBA doesn't over punish here.

I also agree with Baby Shoes, unless there is clear proof there was intended spit (can't believe I am typing that), then good on Rondo for stepping up there. And not sure what Paul was thinking putting his hands on him on not thinking there wouldn't be fists thrown.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:20 AM »
Chris Paul was talking to the ref and Rondo got in his face for no reason.  I don't get the people saying he was "sticking up for" something.

I haven't seen a shot of any spit flying (although Paul appears to be wiping something off his face in one shot), but I have a hard time believing that Paul, as much of an irritant as he can be, would stick his finger in Rondo's face the way he did without that sort of provocation.  Dudes like that don't really want to fight if they can avoid it.  Rondo has always been a douchebag and has had some jealousy towards Chris Paul in particular going back to his days with the Celtics.  But if it comes out that there was no spit, then yeah, Paul looks pretty bad here.

The biggest takeaway from this IMO was that Lance Stephenson was the peacemaker.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 02:19:50 AM »

damn that's low.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 02:22:01 AM »
Paul is too dirty for me to give him any benefit of the doubt

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 02:35:53 AM »
Chris Paul shouldn't have stuck his finger in there, but I don't think Rondo needed to punch him if he shoved him already and Paul didn't look to want to engage.

The NBA will punish them while getting the refs to use classic nba booking to set up a second round matchup between these two teams. The ratings will be through the roof and the good basketball will keep those viewers hooked. NBASmitty is smiling hard rn

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Online AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 02:41:12 AM »
I thought Ingram looked more like a bitch than either Paul or Rondo.  You could tell from the beginning he was looking to get a shot in, fair or not.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 04:42:28 AM »

Aside from the Rondo/Paul drama, I took pleasure in seeing Harden finally getting a bit of shit for being such a whiner.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 06:15:19 AM »
?s=20

Spit confirmed

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 07:14:59 AM »
Rondo's going to likely end up with more games then.

Though I have to say, Paul still shouldn't be trying to put his finger near anyone's eyes.

Just because Rondo spat at him, doesn't mean that Paul should be given the ability to do that.

That's a "oh, I was just trying to 'point out' where he spat on me" type of bullshit thing.