Author Topic: MLB Offseason Thread 2019: Pitch Clock Imminent?  (Read 1424 times)

Description:

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
Re: MLB Offseason Thread 2019: Pitch Clock Imminent?
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
Most importantly Homer Bailey is gone.  I’m good with this trade.    Didn’t really give up a big name prospect.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/players-avoiding-arbitration-national-league-2.html

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/players-avoiding-arbitration-american-league-2.html

Arbitration filing day. As expected, lots of players settled with their teams on one year deals to prevent arbitration hearings.

The Reds have made out like bandits so far compared to the projected salaries by MLBTR:

Tanner Roark           $10M          ($9.8M proj)  +$200K
Yasiel Puig               $9.7M         ($11.3M)       -$1.6M
Scooter Gennett       $9.775M     ($10.7M)        -$925K
Anthony DeSclafani  $2.125M     ($2.1M)         +$25K
Jose Peraza              $2.775M      ($3.6M)        -$825K
Curt Casali               $950K         ($1.3M)        -$350K
Michael Lorenzen      $1.95M        ($1.9M)       +$50K

Total savings versus projections = $3.425M

Alex Wood has not been announced as settling, so he will be the only player to head to arbitration. He has been projected at $9M.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2019, 06:36:19 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/former-pitcher-john-wetteland-arrested-on-child-sex-abuse-charge/ar-BBSi0kB

Former All-Star pitcher John Wetteland was arrested on a child sex abuse charge Monday, according to Denton County jail records.

The 52-year-old Wetteland is accused of continuously sexually abusing a child under the age of 14. Wetteland posted $25,000 bond.

Offline claydude14

• CXF Writer
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »
Really hoping Machado and Harper sign soon. Tired of wading through Twitter rumors as a White Sox fan

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2019, 07:32:12 AM »
Yankees signed Adam Ottavino for 3/27.  The bullpen is stacked yet again with Chapman/Britton/Bettances/Green/Ottavino/Holder and more depth in the minors.  I like our rotation better than most, there's questions with everyone in it for sure, but the ace bullpen makes up for it

Reportedly close to dealing Sonny Gray now too

I like Cash's offseason moves so far, Tulo was a super low risk gamble and DJ will be a very useful super utility guy.  And I still think a big trade from infield/prospect surplus is possible, and you can never rule out an 09 Tex like FA splash for Harper or Machado

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2019, 07:59:25 AM »
I guess this will be another year where the big FA fish aren't caught until pitchers and catchers report. 

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 07:15:15 AM »
I'll hit on the Realmuto trade later, but the big news of the day is Frank Robinson's passing. Not only a hell of a player but the first African American manager in the majors. One of the true towers of baseball.

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2019, 12:09:50 AM »
The Marlines traded JT Realmuto to the Phillies for Jorge Alfaro and two prospects, one of whom (Sixto Sanchez) was the Phillies #1. Sanchez has an electric arm but was hurt a good bit of last year and hasn't really been turned loose yet. It's a risk, but the Phillies are acquiring the best catcher of 2018 and I think you can justify this kind of move when you're a contending team acquiring elite talent.

Sam Miller on espn.com writes that of the Marlins' top 25 in WAR in franchise history, 23 have been traded. Only A.J. Burnett ever reached free agency. The other was Jose Fernandez.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »
RIP Frank

Offline Gert

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »
The Marlines traded JT Realmuto to the Phillies for Jorge Alfaro and two prospects, one of whom (Sixto Sanchez) was the Phillies #1. Sanchez has an electric arm but was hurt a good bit of last year and hasn't really been turned loose yet. It's a risk, but the Phillies are acquiring the best catcher of 2018 and I think you can justify this kind of move when you're a contending team acquiring elite talent.

Sam Miller on espn.com writes that of the Marlins' top 25 in WAR in franchise history, 23 have been traded. Only A.J. Burnett ever reached free agency. The other was Jose Fernandez.

I like the trade for the Phillies. Admittedly I don't know a ton about Sanchez,but I like that the Phillies have two years of Realmuto on a bargain deal so he will be a tremendous value to them right now.