Author Topic: MLB Offseason Thread 2019: Pitch Clock Imminent?  (Read 2306 times)

Description:

pujoljunkie and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Re: MLB Offseason Thread 2019: Pitch Clock Imminent?
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
Mike Zagurski won't have a job after the rule change.  :'( :'( :'(
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2019, 11:52:38 PM »
Mike Zagurski won't have a job after the rule change.  :'( :'( :'(
He didn't have a job before the rule change either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2019, 02:05:45 AM »
I'm killing time at work looking at MLB rosters, and I'm working my way up from the worst teams. Some capsule thoughts:

-Orioles. I actually find the Orioles a little interesting. A lot of their players are 23-26 years old and should improve. Not enough to get out of last place (I haven't studied the Blue Jays), but there could be some fun individual success stories.

-White Sox. Until Eloy Jimenez gets called up there's not much to get excited about. If they actually take a lead into the ninth inning they have Alex Colome. Maybe Yoan Moncada takes a step forward?

-Royals. Just looks like a bad team. They have a few players like Merrifield, Mondesi and Hamilton who can run, which I appreciate.

-Rangers. Joey Gallo is one of the most interesting players in baseball. Rob Deer hit 230 career home runs while hitting .220. Gallo is even better than that. Their pitching staff is a collection of veterans trying to reestablish their careers. But a team that will struggle to finish out of the basement.

-Marlins. Maybe the worst team in baseball. I can see why you would go to an Orioles game, or a Rangers game. Why the hell would you go to a Marlins game? To see if the guys with 9:1 K/BB ratios run into a home run?

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2019, 02:54:28 AM »
-Marlins. Maybe the worst team in baseball. I can see why you would go to an Orioles game, or a Rangers game. Why the hell would you go to a Marlins game? To see if the guys with 9:1 K/BB ratios run into a home run?

They moved the Marlins statue outside the park. Imagine if the Mets did the same with the Big Apple.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #104 on: Today at 06:20:54 PM »
Yankees signed Gio Gonzalez to a minor league contract.  There's a 4/20 opt out, and if he makes the roster he gets $3m with games started incentives

Never been the biggest fan of his, but can't argue with the price and depth is a need with the injuries to Severino and CC.

I know a lot of Mets fans wanted him, and I'm surprised the Mets wouldn't match or exceed that offer