Author Topic: Making A Murderer  (Read 358 times)

Description: Netflix Original Documentary Series

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Making A Murderer
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »
Finally got around to watching Season 1/Part 1 a while ago and thought it was interesting. Part 2 has been released and starting that up. Curious what people think about Steve Avery and whether he was innocent/guilty. *Awaits Brody's Thoughts*

I've read that Part 1 glossed over/ignored some very crucial stuff and I feel like the filming crew presents a distorted (at best) view of the case(s) against Avery.

https://www.middletownpress.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Making-a-Murderer-Prosecutor-Gives-9-9158159.php

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
Re: Making A Murderer
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:41:20 AM »
I think he did it, but won't admit anything until his parents die.

Even then, dude set a cat on fire. Fuck him anyways. He should die on principle.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
I agree Valeyard, I don't understand why people think it's unbelievable that this human monster could have killed a woman.

Sometimes it's possible that the investigation is bungled and/or biased AND the person is still guilty. Mark Fuhrman and OJ proved this.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »
Yeah, I think he did it and the investigation was shit.  Same with the guy from the Staircase documentary.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:38:19 AM »
Maybe I'm naive and of course it's going to slant towards them being innocent, but there's so much going against the prosecution (at least as presented) that it's hard not to think they should not have been convicted. If the Bobby Dassey stuff is true, that right there should be enough to raise some serious doubt. For all I know maybe there's evidence the prosecution had that we don't get to see and maybe that will come to light one day.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 05:49:29 AM »
Innocent or guilty, to me there is no question that law enforcement planted some of the evidence. Colborn and the license plate is nearly unexplainable unless he was doing something against procedure with the vehicle. Occam’s Razor. . .

I think it is very believable that law enforcement of varying degrees wanted to make sure Avery did not get away with this crime so they stacked the deck with the evidence but did it so over the top that it appears Avery could not have done it.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
I live 25 mins or so from the Avery place.

You can safely assume he did it....I think....

I would suggest reading "The Innocent Killer" if you really want the 411 on how badly Manitowoc screwed him over in the 80's on his false rape charge.  Nonetheless, he would have been going to jail for at least 6 years at that point for running an officer's wife off the road and trying to kidnap her with a gun.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 03:23:29 AM »
I just watched season 2 and I still think he did it. With the staircase I think Peterson  probably did it but there was enough for reasonable doubt IMO

Apparently there is a documentary called "Convicting a Murderer" they are making that is going to be from the prosecution's side

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »
I'm interested in the Convicting a Killer documentary just to be fair. But Kratz doesn't come off as a person I'd tend to trust or believe on neither the MAM documentary nor on my other internet research (including his Twitter).

And regardless of Avery's innocence, the shit with Dassey being convicted and denied a new trial is mind blowing.