Author Topic: Dynamite Kid has passed away  (Read 514 times)

Description:

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
Dynamite Kid has passed away
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:43:37 PM »
Just read that the Dynamite Kid moved on to the next dimension on his 60th birthday. I don't know why that sounds so typical and appropriate for his life, but it does.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
Re: Dynamite Kid RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:44:29 PM »
To be perfectly frank Dynamite seemed to be a complete asshole for a lot of his personal life, from his bullying of people, very cruel ribs, and his god awful treatment of his ex-wife.

In ring, he was one of the most talented performers ever, and his stuff with Tiger Mask is still amazing to watch 30 plus years later. There are loads of smaller talent who have thrived because of the example he set as far as in ring movement and delivery of moves, and as self destructively stupid as his discipline could be (and as much his steroid use and headbutts are Benoit like in what to never emulate), you can't ever say Billington half assed in terms of his matches.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:07:03 PM »
super talented worker who was incredibly self destructive. Amazing he even made it to 60.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin!
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 12:32:19 AM »
Incredible to watch in the ring but one of wrestling's most notorious assholes outside of the ring. He was what he was on both aspects.

Online Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 12:35:54 AM »
I'm just going to echo what everyone's said so far. Very innovative wrestler who helped push the boundaries of what light heavyweights/cruiserweights can accomplish but couldn't keep his demons in check and drove every person close to him away. He had been knocking on death's door for at least a decade now but still crazy to think he's officially gone.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 01:11:40 AM »
I loved the Bulldogs as a kid. I always had beagles around the house, so when Matilda was dognapped I was one horrified 5 and 1/2 year old.

Now my most prominent memory is the unintentional humor of Capt Lou and Ozzy Osbourne running around the ring with the tag titles at WM 2 as Dynamite crawled on the mat and tried to put himself together again after taking a flat back bump off the turnbuckles and to the cement floor - which the cameras mostly missed.

Offline brocklock

• brock lock
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 02:22:23 AM »
Really liked the Bulldogs when I was a kid renting old WWF tapes at the video store. Very good and influential worker. Can't say I'm too sad about this after reading some of the shit he did and how big of an asshole he was.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 05:34:06 AM »
I think it's safe to say that Billington was as bad of a person as he was good a wrestler.
Find my Rock 'n' Wrestling column via this magazine: http://goblinkomegamall.com/collections/pork-magazine
PORK #29 now available! This issue's column is a tribute to Bruno Sammartino. PM me if you would like a copy in exchange for postage cost!

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Sha la la la la, man
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 06:57:04 AM »
Good.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
Anyone who tortures a defenseless dog like he did with Matilda doesn't deserve to Rest in Peace.
Randy!

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
Awful person aside, he influenced a generation of wrestlers we watch now. At least we have that.

DTF

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »
What did he do to Matilda? Do I even want to know? 😠
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline The Paper Industry

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 01:51:31 PM »
I TAKE IT BACK

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 02:18:29 PM »
My dad used to beat the fuck out of me. My wife will be happy to know that’ll excuse me if I put a shotgun in her mouth
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »
ALRIGHT YOU GOT ME

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 02:37:54 PM »
Threw me down the stairs. Broke plates over my face. 6 diagnosed concussions, ranging from grade 1 to grade 3. Severe mental illness.

Does that check enough boxes for “It’s ok he abused every person near himfor his entire life”?
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
he never abused his kids and there were no other incidents with his wife as far as I know. If you can prove otherwise, I'll admit he was a much worse person than I thought and that I was wrong.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
Bret said in his book that Dynamite regularly terrorized his family. Dynamite woke his wife up with that gun all the time.

There was also a story that he'd raped someone and regardless of the source I think I believe it.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
Bret is a reputable source. I was wrong, fuck the DK bubba

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
What did he do to Matilda? Do I even want to know? 😠

Both Dynamite and Davey Boy regularly abused Matilda for their own amusement, but I can't recall any of the stories right now. I suppose their abuse of Damian gives one an idea of how far they'd go - there was one occasion where they jabbed the snake with steroid needles and then poured hot coffee into the burlap bag he was kept in. Jake came into the locker room after his match, opened the bag, and was attacked and nearly strangled by an angry python.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
Re: Dynamite Kid has passed away
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 03:27:52 PM »
I've also changed the thread title because no, no one who tortured animals and abused his family and peers should have "RIP" next to their name in death.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Sha la la la la, man
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
They did things like inject Matilda with steroids and just commit acts I'd kill people for thinking of. Tortured that dog, and if I remember right, when they left the WWF, either Davey or Dynamite just fucking shot her in the back yard. They'd also put out cigarettes and things like on Damien. No doubt they injected him too.

Dynamite should've died 20 years ago.

Offline strummer

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »
Hard to believe he was only in his mid/late 20s during the Bulldogs big run in the WWF.  He looked 15+ years older and sounded like a middle aged chain smoker.  I can remember he had terrible bacne due to roids.  Worse than anyone in the company at the time I think.  Maybe if Tony Atlas was still around he was worse

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
I hope they study his brain tbh. I'd like to see how it compares to a lot of other athletes.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 02:04:54 AM »
Yeah, fuck this piece of shit.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Shooting Star

• CXF Writer
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »
Holy shit, had no idea DK was such a son of a bitch.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »
It takes a special kind of asshole to make people think even less of you after reading your autobiography, but Billington managed it pretty well with Pure Dynamite.

Offline Super Leather

• CXF Writer
    • Rock 'n' Wrestling
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 05:43:27 AM »
if I remember right, when they left the WWF, either Davey or Dynamite just fucking shot her in the back yard.

That is beyond disgusting. Where did you hear about this? I've only ever been under the impression that Matilda had a handler who took her back at the end of their run. Apparently Davey Boy was primarily responsible for her while on the road.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Sha la la la la, man
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 06:30:59 AM »
I think it was someone's shoot years ago. I remember vividly reading a recap and being horrified. I want to say that it was right around when Dynamite left the WWF, if only because I remember Matilda disappearing from TV altogether around then. Take it with appropriate amount of salt. I looked a little (I refuse to dive into this rabbit hole more than I have), and found this on reddit (ugh):

Dynamite Kid killed Matilda in an angry stupor because he was sick of traveling with a dog.

or

Dynamite Kid was a tremendous prick but he didn't kill Matilda. He told Davey Boy to "shoot the fucking thing" after it had bit Davey's son, but Davey couldn't bring himself to put her down so he gave it to a guy who worked for the WWF who didn't have any kids. She died a few years later of cancer.

Whether or not the cancer was steroid related remains unknown.

I really, really hope it's the latter because it's the lesser of two evils, but seeing this now I might've mixed up the two versions.

Regardless, shit like this is why I can never just sit and watch Dynamite (or the Bulldogs).

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:06 PM »

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 03:26:41 AM »
Some of this is revolving into Pro Wrestling sleaze. I’d want a real source before I believed Dynamite and Davey killed the dog.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Sha la la la la, man
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 06:55:58 AM »
You're not wrong. It's looking more and more like I've mixed up a lot of different things, and looking for sources has turned up very minimal results (or at least none that are definitive). That being said, though, the genuine abuse has a LOT of sources. Fully take any blame if my memory got twisted. Happens sometimes. But yeah, it's really looking like I've mixed up various things, in which case absolutely my bad.

But it says a lot that, if untrue, it really sounds like something plausible.