Author Topic: NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend  (Read 889 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend
« on: January 01, 2019, 01:49:59 AM »
January 5th
4:30 PM/1:30 PM - Indianapolis @ Houston on ESPN
8:15 PM/5:15 PM - Seattle @ Dallas on FOX

January 6th
1:05 PM/10:05 AM - LA Chargers @ Baltimore on CBS
4:40 PM/1:40 PM - Philadelphia @ Chicago on NBC

Who ya got? Any teams you think make a Super Bowl run from this group?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

Re: NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:59:22 AM »
I think the Bears and Ravens definitely are a threat to go all the way.  Maybe the champs too, but they have a tough test this week.  Between the two, I would say the Ravens have the better chance because Lamar is better than Trubisky and because they don't have to go into the Superdome.

Colts 27, Texans 28 - Two red hot teams familiar with each other that have split too very close games this season (one going into OT).  My pick for the best game of the weekend.  I like Watt/Clowney slightly better than the Colts stellar OL and Watson is more versatile than Luck, so I give Houston a small edge.

Seahawks 24, Cowboys 10 - Aside from that one big victory against the Saints, the Cowboys haven't impressed me much.  Cooper and Zeke have disappeared in recent weeks.  Seattle has been playing really well and just pushed around the Chiefs.  Wilson is a top five QB in the NFL and usually gets the job done against all but the best teams (and sometimes even then).

Chargers 3, Ravens 31 - We just saw this Ravens defense rape Rivers.  Plus this time it is an LA team playing on the road in Maryland in January at a 1 PM EST start.  Signs are pointing to a beatdown.

Eagles 14, Bears 17 - I am so happy the Vikings lost, not because of any personal grudge, but because this matchup is far more intriguing.  I have no doubt the Bears would have murdered the Vikings had they gotten here.  The winner of this game is going to cause some real problems for whoever plays them next.  I don't think Foles can do it again, but I can't deny it seems possible.  That being said, this is a much better defense than he's played and I do think the Bears are the right side.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »
Texans
Cowboys

Ravens
Bears

ELITE JOE FLACCO~ is not happy about being a backup. To spur some conversation in this funeral march of a thread so far, where does he end up next year? Baltimore could run the risk of becoming a drama swamp with unhappy receivers and an ELITE~ backup QB.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »
anyone who picks against the chargers, I mean seriously

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:56:08 AM »
Baltimore is not keeping him so we can rule that out. 

Denver and Miami make the most sense right now.  Both teams need a QB, both teams like to make splashy (often ill-advised) splash moves, the draft isn't great at the position, and Elway is starting to feel the heat.  The Jags could use, but they can't afford him.  They need to cut salary just to get under the cap as is.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
anyone who picks against the chargers, I mean seriously

Just like two weeks ago when the Ravens beat their brains in.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 11:51:35 AM »
Ravens are going to destroy the Chargers lol. The NFL scheduled the game where the Chargers have to play at 10 AM Pacific. No chance.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »
The Lions think they can win a Super Bowl with Matt Stafford. I agree with them, but at this point they probably need to think about what they want to do in the longer term at QB. Is Stafford a lifer with them? No? There's certainly enough data to support either side of the argument. RIVAS~ has never won the big one either, but he's made multiple runs with teams that had great records including this year.

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:09:03 PM »
Stafford could 100% never win a Super Bowl. Not in one million years and I don't care what team you put him on.

He has none of the arm talent and can't surprise teams by running around them. So nope, never gonna happen. I mean, why do people still believe in quarterbacks like this? Has that dude ever even won an important game? He's 30 years old and the Detroit Lions have been bums almost every year he's been there. Never won their division. He ain't good.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »
I only give him a shot because he's never had a year with a genuinely dominant ground game. He's had good, not great defenses, and he's been forced to be the whole team since Calvin Johnson left.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »
He's good, just not good enough.  Honestly, there is only about half a dozen quarterbacks that fall into the latter category.

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »
I only give him a shot because he's never had a year with a genuinely dominant ground game. He's had good, not great defenses, and he's been forced to be the whole team since Calvin Johnson left.

I don't think he'll ever have one. Reason being, he isn't so talented that teams have to drop tons of guys into coverage to beat him. That kind of thing is like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »
Flacco to me seems destined to be a Redskin QB next season. Seems like a great place for him to go to die.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 02:53:18 PM »
Denver is where Flacco goes, and I'll say he does really, really well there. The question is if they choose to reinforce their defense beyond a pass rush.

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »
He's good, just not good enough.  Honestly, there is only about half a dozen quarterbacks that fall into the latter category.

The only potential Super Bowl winning QB's in this league are...

Rodgers
Trubisky (carried by his defense, but still)
Jackson (same as above, plus running QB's stun teams in playoff games)
Mahomes
Brady
Watson
Luck
Nick Foles
Baker Mayfield
Drew Brees
Cam Newton

There are a few other rookies who may develop to that level. Anyone else can get the fuck on outta here. And yes, I left out Jared Goff. Cam is also pushing it, and I didn't forget anyone. Hopefully the Raiders are shit next year and can draft Tua.

Denver is where Flacco goes, and I'll say he does really, really well there. The question is if they choose to reinforce their defense beyond a pass rush.

Maybe, but the problem with that is, their offensive line can't block. Flacco not being good anymore is also the reason the Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson in the first place. The guy is the definition of mediocrity and he's expensive, getting him prevents a team from making other improvements.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 03:21:40 PM »
You also don't think Elway won't do something dumb. His rep as a GM/VP of operations is looking worse by the day.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
By the way, thanks for putting Rodgers #1 still in terms of what came to mind first. The Packers coaching search is the most compelling head coach storyline of the league this offseason. There are others in terms of free agents and Antonio Brown and so on, but a Great NFL Myth will be tested in terms of St. Aaron.

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »
By the way, thanks for putting Rodgers #1 still in terms of what came to mind first. The Packers coaching search is the most compelling head coach storyline of the league this offseason. There are others in terms of free agents and Antonio Brown and so on, but a Great NFL Myth will be tested in terms of St. Aaron.

The other aspect of what makes a Super Bowl winning QB is that a potential winner would have to beat two or three or four of those guys. There is no way in goddamn hell I can ever see players like Big Ben, Stafford, Rivers, Carr, Dalton, Goff, or Matt Ryan do that going forward. Most of them had their chance and for all of them, everything would have to be literally perfect all game in at least one game just for them to even get to the Super Bowl in the first place. Clean pocket, clean weather, home field, good defense. None of that shit will ever happen for them. I know what the Rams record is, they can't win on the road and that dude ain't that good.

I think Wilson is paid too much for a team to ever get that far so I just left him out. It's another one of those self fulfilling prophecies where once you pay a QB, unless they are at the level of the absolute best, the team is hurt too much by that contract to make it happen.

My Soup pick is the Saints beating the Ravens, btw.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
I don't buy into the, this certain guy is a big game player. That's great, but if you are mediocre for a whole season and a playoff run, it's pretty damn unlikely they end up being the reason a team wins a Super Bowl. They just didn't fuck up enough to lose it and some other facet of the team won it for them. See Trent Dilfer.

Running QBs get obliterated eventually. All it takes is one big hit, clean or not and they are out. Happened to Trubisky this year and he missed a month. It was a flagged late hit on the ground after scrambling by Harrison Smith and he was gone the next few games.

Cam isn't the same Cam of a few years ago. I think he is trending down in his play and poor decision making.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
Rams have a great defense. If Goff can manage and Gurley can get rolling Goff is just as capable as Trubisky or Rivers.

Wilson is capable, I just am perpetually confused at what the fuck the petehawks do in the draft and the offseason. That's what holds that team back. Wasting draft picks on players they use merely as depth is why they suffer from a massive QB contract.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 04:00:32 PM »
Top Tier: Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes

Above Average: Luck, Brady, Wilson, Mayfield, Watson

Decent: Trubisky, Rivers, Goff

Not Terrible, Could Go Up or Could Go Down: Jimmy G, Wentz, Lamar, Newton

Jury is still out: Allen, Rosen, Darnold

Mediocre Mid Tier: Ben, Dak, Ryan, Stafford, Foles, Mariota, Winston, Dalton

Bums: Carr, Eli, Flacco, Tannehill, Keenum, Bortles

Everyone in that mediocre tier imo could easily lose starting QB status in the next two years. They are on the verge of going into the bums category.

I probably missed someone, but if I did, they must be mediocre.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »
You missed big bum.

Rivers has to be above average.

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 04:22:44 PM »
Carr and Big Bum are cheeks. Not even worth putting them down.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 04:40:52 PM »
Added Carr as the top Bum. I'd take Dalton over him.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 10:32:39 PM »
Yeah, I like Mayfield but no way would I take him short term (one season) over Rivers.  It's just way too early to put trust in that guy </Cowherd>

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 12:27:25 AM »
I wouldn't. Mayfield nearly drug a completely disorganized, trainwreck of a franchise to the playoffs. Put Rivers in Cleveland for all of 2018 and the Browns don't win as many games. Rivers had a 9th ranked defense, Mayfield had a 30th ranked defense and had to suffer from a moron for a head coach for a while.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 02:37:28 AM »
But Mayfield also wasn't starting for the whole season. Such a whirlwind was 2018 for the Browns that we all forget the Tyrod Taylor era.

My Super Bowl pick is all chalk if you look at my NFL.com Playoff Challenge picks: Kansas City v.s. New Orleans.

I think this year has been so nuts that the only thing that makes real sense in the midst of chaos is the #1 seeds winning out. The Saints win it all in that matchup because Andy Reid, but Mahomes is having a charmed season so it can go either way. That win against the Ravens a couple of weeks ago was really big for convincing them they can beat a contender at home well after it's gotten cold.

Keke Coutee is probably going to suit up against Indy. Texans/Patriots Divisional Round II: THE REVENGE~ has been further etched in stone.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 03:32:12 AM »
January 5th
4:30 PM/1:30 PM - Indianapolis @ Houston on ESPN
- I think this comes down to Deshaun Watson and the Defense. Colts struggled to run the ball and lived by Andrew Luck's arm but if he falters and turns the ball over a couple times, Indianapolis could get in trouble fast.

8:15 PM/5:15 PM - Seattle @ Dallas on FOX
- Getting hot at the right time and are beasts as a team on the ground. I don't trust Dak enough to win a game with his arm even against Seattle's defense.

January 6th
1:05 PM/10:05 AM - LA Chargers @ Baltimore on CBS
- Lamar Jackson gonna feast. Rivas will try his damndest but that Bodymore defense and run game are primed for a hard push.

4:40 PM/1:40 PM - Philadelphia @ Chicago on NBC
- Philadelphia's getting hot at the right time but that Bears defense is nasty and don't need a lot of offense to win this one.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2019, 03:42:57 AM »
I would have picked Philly against just about any other team this weekend other than Chicago and Baltimore.  They just got the bad draw.

For the Super Bowl, I like Kansas City over Chicago.  KC has been the best team in the AFC all year and the two losses late don't really bother me.  One was against a good Chargers team that needed it more and that they were beating the whole game until a last second TD and 2PC.  The other was at the hardest place to play in the NFL in a night game where Russell Wilson never loses.  Chicago has the best defense in the NFL and that's usually a good bet come playoff time.  Going to New Orleans will be the challenge, but defenses historically travel well and the Saints didn't look good over the past month, getting clobbered by Dallas and struggling to beat the shitty Bucs, a Panthers team with a broken Cam Newton, and a dysfunctional Steelers team.  Not exactly Murderer's Row.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 03:50:19 AM »
Fun Facts: Baltimore allowed just 4 more points all year than the Chicago Bears who get the publicity/notoriety for their stingy defense.

Top 4 Scoring Teams = Kansas City, New England, Indianapolis, and Chargers (tied with Pittsburgh) in the AFC while NFC is Rams, New Orleans, Seattle, and Chicago.

Dallas is the 4th lowest scoring NFC Team and 1 of 2 teams (along with Tennessee) to win at least 9 games and score under 350 points for the season.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 03:56:32 AM »
Fun Facts: Baltimore allowed just 4 more points all year than the Chicago Bears who get the publicity/notoriety for their stingy defense.

I was very tempted to pick Baltimore/Chicago for the Super Bowl too.  Ultimately, I didn't want to pick against Mahomes.  He's the best player in football right now.  And while the Pats haven't been their usual selves, I would still take them at home over the Ravens if it got to that.  Right now I simply think the Chiefs and Patriots are more difficult to go through than the Rams and Saints, both of whom have ended the season really flat.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 04:03:02 AM »
I don't like picking Dallas, but at home they declawed the Saints offense. Seattle may run the ball more often but their running talent (and short pass game) isn't on the same level as Dallas. I'd love to be wrong here because the Seahawks can't beat the Saints on the road and that helps my chalky prediction, but we're gonna have a lot of insufferable Cowboys marks tomorrow.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 04:05:52 AM »
I agree with what most of you are saying about the QBs.  There are two types of QBs that win in the NFL.  Elite QBs that can carry lesser talent on their backs and cheap QBs that have loaded teams around them.  If you get lucky and have both because of a rookie contract, those teams can be special.  Middle-of-the-road QBs (Cousins, Stafford, etc.) are a problem because they aren't good enough to carry a team, but too expensive to put great talent around.

I think you are underselling Wilson though.  He's great and the reason the Seahawks have been so competitive are largely because of him.  There aren't five other QBs I'd rather have than him.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 04:21:14 AM »
Wilson is why Seattle went damn 10-6 when this season was expected to be 8-8 at best. They ran the ball and played great defense, but that means that when you have to pass, that shit has to fuckin' count. A semi-rebuild year now suddenly looks like a great success, especially if they win tonight. The pass catchers were so depleted for a majority of the year it was nuts. They signed BRANDON MARSHALL. Never forget.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2019, 04:24:30 AM »
I'd argue Stafford still has top-5 arm talent but something has changed this season. He can't even do the ass-pull 4th-quarter comebacks anymore. 2019 is his last chance to do anything in Detroit.

Picks:

Houston: I don't see them losing twice at home to Indy. Watson will make some key plays with his legs.

Dallas: Contrarian pick as it seems like no one believes in Dallas. To be fair, they've been a great home team this season.

Baltimore: Toughest call for me. I'd like Rivers to go on a run and stats suggest the Chargers are actually pretty good in early starts, but I still have a bad feeling about this game. I've been slow to believe in Baltimore, but Lamar stepping in has improved my perception of them.

Philadelphia: Foles magic one more time, any defense can be had these days. Turnovers will play a key role and I think there's a decent chance Trubisky gives the ball up once or twice.

It sounds odd considering I picked both to lose, but I think the Chargers and Seahawks can go far if they get past this weekend.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2019, 04:42:31 AM »
Now Pittsburgh is talking about reworking Big Ben's deal to make trading AB easier. Hmmmmmmm...

FLACCO TO BROWN IN DENVER MAKE IT HAPPEN ELWAY

I had a fellow Packers fan say yesterday that he'd love to see us get Brown, but I don't trust our trading abilities after shipping off Ha-Ha.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:37 AM »
My picks.
Indy over Houston: Luck and the Colts are hot, they'll keep it going against Houston.
Seattle over Dallas: Dallas sucks. They were just the best of a shit NFC East.

Ravens over Chargers: Ravens are hot. They'll keep it rolling.
Bears over Eagles: Foles will get killed by Mack. Game over. Bears offense has been much more balance past few months.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2019, 07:11:20 AM »
Wilson is why Seattle went damn 10-6 when this season was expected to be 8-8 at best. They ran the ball and played great defense, but that means that when you have to pass, that shit has to fuckin' count. A semi-rebuild year now suddenly looks like a great success, especially if they win tonight. The pass catchers were so depleted for a majority of the year it was nuts. They signed BRANDON MARSHALL. Never forget.

Over the last few years there has been no QB, including Brees, Rodgers, and Brady, that I've feared more in the 4th Quarter than Wilson.  I've seen game after game where he delivers when it counts late.  Even when he doesn't come back the whole way, he makes things scary.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »
Now Pittsburgh is talking about reworking Big Ben's deal to make trading AB easier. Hmmmmmmm...

FLACCO TO BROWN IN DENVER MAKE IT HAPPEN ELWAY

I had a fellow Packers fan say yesterday that he'd love to see us get Brown, but I don't trust our trading abilities after shipping off Ha-Ha.

Hell no.  I don't want anything to do with Brown at this point.  Rodgers is temperamental as it is.  And yes, the Steelers should do everything they can to get rid of him before he ruins next season for them.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
Playoff Texans are here.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 10:28:46 AM »
One of my picks has gone down, let's see if the Cowboys eat it too (pleasepleaseplease eat it).

I never get to see Watson much, and I don't know about him after this game. I know he gets shit for protection and this loss to the Colts was far from going down swinging, but even when he (sort of) plants and throws his motion looks glacial. He's going way more with muscle than mechanics and that'll need to be fixed if they really want him to be The Guy for 10-15 years.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
Indy vs KC will be VERY interesting next week.  That TD drive, which barely avoided being a fumble in the end zone, kept Houston from having the worst playoff performance in recent memory.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
Well I couldn't have been more wrong about today if I tried.

Offline strummer

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2019, 03:29:45 PM »
no one can convince me Pete Caroll is a good in game coach.  When your kicker is hurt you have to take chances on offense yet here the Seahawks are running inside draws and 3 yard outs

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
Can we ban the Texans from the playoffs? Unless they play the Bengals or a team missing their QB they are cooked, and even then the Pats are right there to stomp them in the divisional round.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2019, 05:50:43 AM »
Looks like Baltimore forgot the smoke and mirrors today. 

Quite the no-shows by a couple teams this weekend.  Baltimore sticking with Jackson is a fireable offense by Harbaugh.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
Looks like Baltimore forgot the smoke and mirrors today. 

Quite the no-shows by a couple teams this weekend.  Baltimore sticking with Jackson is a fireable offense by Harbaugh.

It was the only move he could make.  Lamar is their QB going forward.  You can't bench him for a guy who's being kicked off the team as soon as the season is over.  Beyond that, Flacco sucks and the team was headed nowhere (and Harbaugh to the unemployment line) with him on the field.  Without Lamar, they don't even make the playoffs.  Barring injury, Harbaugh had no choice but to stick with him. 

BTW, if the refs didn't fuck up that fumble at the goalline, the Ravens would have one.

Online Aero

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2019, 10:49:53 AM »
Unbelievable. I thought it bounced in off the crossbar at first.

Offline strummer

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »
What a crippling loss for the Bears.  Holy shit Cody Parkey

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
I think the Bears and Ravens definitely are a threat to go all the way.  Maybe the champs too, but they have a tough test this week.  Between the two, I would say the Ravens have the better chance because Lamar is better than Trubisky and because they don't have to go into the Superdome.

Colts 27, Texans 28 - Two red hot teams familiar with each other that have split too very close games this season (one going into OT).  My pick for the best game of the weekend.  I like Watt/Clowney slightly better than the Colts stellar OL and Watson is more versatile than Luck, so I give Houston a small edge.

Seahawks 24, Cowboys 10 - Aside from that one big victory against the Saints, the Cowboys haven't impressed me much.  Cooper and Zeke have disappeared in recent weeks.  Seattle has been playing really well and just pushed around the Chiefs.  Wilson is a top five QB in the NFL and usually gets the job done against all but the best teams (and sometimes even then).

Chargers 3, Ravens 31 - We just saw this Ravens defense rape Rivers.  Plus this time it is an LA team playing on the road in Maryland in January at a 1 PM EST start.  Signs are pointing to a beatdown.

Eagles 14, Bears 17 - I am so happy the Vikings lost, not because of any personal grudge, but because this matchup is far more intriguing.  I have no doubt the Bears would have murdered the Vikings had they gotten here.  The winner of this game is going to cause some real problems for whoever plays them next.  I don't think Foles can do it again, but I can't deny it seems possible.  That being said, this is a much better defense than he's played and I do think the Bears are the right side.

Just burn this post.