Author Topic: All Elite Wrestling  (Read 22725 times)

Description:

Offline Rotten Apple from the Big Apple

• New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Re: All Elite Wrestling
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2019, 08:41:57 AM »
Agree with you on TNA. It was a kaleidoscope of a bunch of different shit. And I loved a lot of TNA.

I think the “1999 WWF storyline spirit” is dismissed way too easily due to a built in bias online.

A lot of those concepts worked pretty damn well and would work today. That’s not to say they’re all good and there wasn’t a bunch of crap.

Are you going to do sacrifices, pudding matches and miscarriage angles? Of course not.

But can you give everyone on the roster a meaningful story and something to do? Can you give everyone an actual character instead of a premise for a character or worse yet just a nickname? Can you build debuting talents with vignettes? Can you go outside of the arena sometimes? Can you thread stories throughout your TV show that actually grabs the viewers and gets them to watch because they’re interested to see what’s going to happen? Instead of just booking matches like it’s a house show. Can you have unpredictability in a LIVE environment the way they did in the 90’s?

Can you do all that and still have the ball busting workrate and awesome matches that the hardcores will dig?

Of course you can. Its going to be on them to figure out how to do that.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
Everything I've thought was operating under the notion of them having a big TV deal, and they're going to get one. That's why I see value in Orton, because the casual fan will have at least some interest when he suddenly is off WWE TV. Not like you're going to put the belt on him and make him the top guy, but yeah, him being able to work with different guys in different ways will be a draw in itself. You promote him against a guy like Omega or whoever you build up as the main guy, you can make Omega a bigger mainstream star in the US. It'd be like when Uriah Faber fought Jens Pulver.

I don't know how much you'd have to build Batista up as far as matches. Hollywood Batista showing up and just killing people in any context to remind them he's still Batista is enough. I like the idea of no one being a "match" for him because it will make them going over a bigger deal and he'll have better matches. Personally I'd give him a Brock schedule and have him just be a mystery opponent or partner or something. Give him an Andre spot.

Their biggest enemy right now, though, is being crushed with too many options.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »
Um, this is dope as fuck... LJN is apparently back in business and making 80s style wrestling figures again.

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »
Um, this is dope as fuck... LJN is apparently back in business and making 80s style wrestling figures again.

Fucking love this.

If they get to the point of coming out with figures, I’d love to see a throwback line like this.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »
Going to get a suite for Double or Nothing.  Had one for All In and it was great.

Not sure I'll hit up Jacksonville, but if Chicago is the start of it all again I'll be at that one for sure.  Really hoping they do eat and greets at Starrcast again.  I would love to sit down and have a meal with Bret, RVD and Terry Funk this time around.
Randy!

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2019, 01:42:38 PM »
If you manage to get a suite, you are one lucky person. I won tickets to a concert once and was in a suite for it. It was awesome fun, so enjoy it.

Wish I could go to AEW shows, but I'm stuck up here in the Great White North, so that isn't happening any time soon.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:43 AM »
So tried to get tickets to Double or Nothing yesterday but the demand was pretty high obviously. I ended up getting das boot twice in the middle of tickets opening up for me, and I was really pissed when I thought I had a pair of lower levels close to the ring only to get booted off that second time. Fortunately my buddy grabbed some so we are set for now, a pair near the staging. He also got an upper level pair dead center which he sold for quadruple the value already.

We will try again tomorrow to see if there is any luck grabbing some more, but from what I read, most of everything was taken in the presale. They may have a few hundred they held back but that would be it.

Jericho recently posted meeting with Batista so he's certainly on their radar bigtime right now. To me, a guy like Batista is going to hold more mainstream water than Orton, but the question is who do you put a guy like Batista in there with initially? Cody?

Offline Sabre

« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2019, 09:06:14 AM »
I would have batista cut promos about being a hollywood star and being a WWE star here to see what the "indy ballroom" guys think they can do.  Then have him start working programs with midcarders to elevate them.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »
Batista has a ton more mainstream value than Randy Orton.  It isn't even close.  He's a legitimate actor who has been in some really big movies.  After The Rock, he might be the most mainstream guy out there.  If you can get him, you do it.

« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2019, 09:44:47 AM »
Agree on Batista. But the problem is, as been said, who do you put him in the ring with that won’t look like a joke?

That’s why I question their insistence on so far making the roster so one dimensional in favor of Indy high flyers. They really need to add some big guys who look like stars.

I wonder how Pentagon would match up with Batista? Maybe they could play off his friendship with Eddie Guerrero and how these wannabe Johnny come lately luchadors don’t hold a candle to a guy like Eddie. And then they could bring Konnan in to cut promos for Penta and set Batista straight.

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »

Triple threat women's action at DON.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2019, 01:23:57 PM »
Agree on Batista. But the problem is, as been said, who do you put him in the ring with that won’t look like a joke?

That’s why I question their insistence on so far making the roster so one dimensional in favor of Indy high flyers. They really need to add some big guys who look like stars.

I wonder how Pentagon would match up with Batista? Maybe they could play off his friendship with Eddie Guerrero and how these wannabe Johnny come lately luchadors don’t hold a candle to a guy like Eddie. And then they could bring Konnan in to cut promos for Penta and set Batista straight.

They'll only look like a joke if they're booked like one. This isn't the old days. You're acting like they'd just drop him in as a goof and have everyone pinball around for him all the time. If, in the very (VERY) unlikely situation they get him, there is no way he'd be anything less than a boss fight. Either he puts someone over and makes them or he beats someone and they don't get too hurt because he's Batista and would make them look good in defeat. But that's all hypothetical because they won't get him, and if they did Cody will be the guy to conquer him.

Orton would bring eyes, work more regularly, and ideally not be signed to super long deal. He's not going to get the eyes Batista would get, of course, but he'd not be a waste of money unless they sign him to a fucking dumb contract. What would be the real harm in him putting guys who haven't gotten major attention to the casual US fan over?

« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »

They'll only look like a joke if they're booked like one. This isn't the old days. You're acting like they'd just drop him in as a goof and have everyone pinball around for him all the time. If, in the very (VERY) unlikely situation they get him, there is no way he'd be anything less than a boss fight. Either he puts someone over and makes them or he beats someone and they don't get too hurt because he's Batista and would make them look good in defeat. But that's all hypothetical because they won't get him, and if they did Cody will be the guy to conquer him.

Orton would bring eyes, work more regularly, and ideally not be signed to super long deal. He's not going to get the eyes Batista would get, of course, but he'd not be a waste of money unless they sign him to a fucking dumb contract. What would be the real harm in him putting guys who haven't gotten major attention to the casual US fan over?
I think you’re misunderstanding my position. I WANT Batista to go there. Its a no brainer.

My point is that they don’t have very many people that would believably match up to him. And that goes to the larger issue of their roster being too one dimensional. You put Batista in there with some of these smaller guys and your entire “real sports” thing goes out the window.

Are there a few guys that could have a believable match with him like Cody? Sure, but personally that wouldn’t do much for me and probably most people.

Basically, it would be nice if they signed some bigger guys that could go up against a Batista who he would make. Cage would be awesome even though he’s signed with Impact. I personally would love to see Bram but I know everyone would lose their mind with outrage.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
No, I know you want him there. I want him there. It'd be cool. It just isn't a real possibility. The thing is, if you're booking trying to get "real sports" over, you gotta take into account that it can't always be fair. I'm saying Batista would come in three, four times a year. Ideally he'd just be in the Andre role, for battle royals or mystery partners or something. Him against smaller dudes isn't as big a deal as you think it is. You have a problem with Cage throwing X Division guys around, or have a problem when he'd lose to one of them?

They'll bring in bigger guys, for sure, but I'm not sure what the difference would be if the issue is their size is acceptable vs a Batista.

« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »
No, I know you want him there. I want him there. It'd be cool. It just isn't a real possibility. The thing is, if you're booking trying to get "real sports" over, you gotta take into account that it can't always be fair. I'm saying Batista would come in three, four times a year. Ideally he'd just be in the Andre role, for battle royals or mystery partners or something. Him against smaller dudes isn't as big a deal as you think it is. You have a problem with Cage throwing X Division guys around, or have a problem when he'd lose to one of them?

They'll bring in bigger guys, for sure, but I'm not sure what the difference would be if the issue is their size is acceptable vs a Batista.

I do have a problem with the Cage stuff. I really would like to see actual divisions exist again. I think that’s part of the reason why WCW’s original Cruserweight division was so special. It stood by itself, seperete from everything else, and therefor stood out. And it made WCW seem like a buffet of all kinds of styles. Now when there’s high flyers all over the show, what’s the point of having a high flying division?

That’s a whole other can of worms though.

Anyway, its interesting that you think there’s no chance of him coming in. He’s talking with Jericho so it seems like there’s something on the table 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
They have a better shot at Brock.

Online Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #366 on: February 12, 2019, 08:54:48 PM »

The comments on Twitter when this was posted showed why social media needs to be burned to the ground. People saying they're excited for this intergender match, people asking why a man is in the match, etc. Fucking awful.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2019, 01:31:19 AM »
Anyone else think they’re going to dig up Dibiase Jr to be Cody’s mystery opponent?

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2019, 01:35:22 AM »
Ted Jr. is pretty out of shape these days and is pretty happy with his life outside of wrestling. Bring him in as a cornerman? Maybe but no way he's wrestling.

Bob Holly is a better guess.

« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2019, 01:43:05 AM »
Bob would be cool. They have all that built in heat and personal issue.

Would be in a nice contrast to everything else they’re doing.

On another note... according to Meltzer, 43,500 people signed into the ticket website thing trying to get tickets for Double or Nothing 😲.

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »
Maybe they should've done the UNLV Stadium!? Or maybe add a 2nd night at MGM Grand for the pilot episode taping?

Omega-Jericho II is not a bad main event but feels kind of obvious IMO.

« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2019, 09:16:42 AM »

The comments on Twitter when this was posted showed why social media needs to be burned to the ground. People saying they're excited for this intergender match, people asking why a man is in the match, etc. Fucking awful.

Apparently they’re going to be issuing a statement in this.

Online Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2019, 10:48:15 PM »

Apparently they’re going to be issuing a statement in this.

2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

« Reply #373 on: February 14, 2019, 01:44:45 AM »
If anyone’s interested, give a listen to the Khan interview on Jericho’s podcast. Jericho’s clearly shitfaced. They there’s still a lot of good insight.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #374 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:18 AM »
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/02/14/chris-jericho-says-aew-tv-deals-are-game-changers-talks-possible-aew-video-game/

Chris Jericho spoke with Forbes for a new interview talking about All Elite Wrestling’s potential TV deals, a possible video game and more. Video and highlights are below:

On whether AEW is close to a TV deal: “I’m not going to show up somewhere that doesn’t have a major-league television deal. That’s not what I’m interested in doing. I’m not doing this to be a martyr or Robin Hood. I’m doing this to continue to grow my brand and to take over the business and the world. I know a few potential suitors for television. I know some potential ideas as far as how we’re going to do it. I know that both of them that I’ve heard are game-changers.”

On the current AEW roster: “I think we’ve assembled a great roster already of fresh talent. We have the seasoned veterans and really untapped rookies, with great people on every level. We have six-to-eight blue-chippers. That’s all you need to do a wrestling company. I think we have enough talent for the first year already. I think what AEW has done is shaken up the big companies, and when I say that I mean WWE and New Japan, to where they’re signing everybody, and signing them to longer deals and more money. And I say to all of them, you’re welcome. We have to work and build the roster that we already have, knowing that we’ll get more, but for right now, we have to assume this is our roster for next year. Let’s build some guys and create some of our own stars, which is mandatory for any wrestling company to survive.”

On the possibility of an AEW video game: “Kenny travels the world going to game conventions, specifically because he’s such a gamer. Not knowing for sure, but I’d say there is a pretty damn good chance there’s going to be an AEW game, and it’s probably going to be better than most because [Cody, Young Bucks, and Omega] probably going to have a hand in developing it.”

« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:08 AM »
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/02/14/chris-jericho-says-aew-tv-deals-are-game-changers-talks-possible-aew-video-game/

Chris Jericho spoke with Forbes for a new interview talking about All Elite Wrestling’s potential TV deals, a possible video game and more. Video and highlights are below:

On whether AEW is close to a TV deal: “I’m not going to show up somewhere that doesn’t have a major-league television deal. That’s not what I’m interested in doing. I’m not doing this to be a martyr or Robin Hood. I’m doing this to continue to grow my brand and to take over the business and the world. I know a few potential suitors for television. I know some potential ideas as far as how we’re going to do it. I know that both of them that I’ve heard are game-changers.”

On the current AEW roster: “I think we’ve assembled a great roster already of fresh talent. We have the seasoned veterans and really untapped rookies, with great people on every level. We have six-to-eight blue-chippers. That’s all you need to do a wrestling company. I think we have enough talent for the first year already. I think what AEW has done is shaken up the big companies, and when I say that I mean WWE and New Japan, to where they’re signing everybody, and signing them to longer deals and more money. And I say to all of them, you’re welcome. We have to work and build the roster that we already have, knowing that we’ll get more, but for right now, we have to assume this is our roster for next year. Let’s build some guys and create some of our own stars, which is mandatory for any wrestling company to survive.”

On the possibility of an AEW video game: “Kenny travels the world going to game conventions, specifically because he’s such a gamer. Not knowing for sure, but I’d say there is a pretty damn good chance there’s going to be an AEW game, and it’s probably going to be better than most because [Cody, Young Bucks, and Omega] probably going to have a hand in developing it.”

Khan basically admitted that they’re just waiting to announce the TV deal.

« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2019, 08:58:32 AM »
Since it’s a slow news day and everything...

The fucking Undertaker is appearing at Starrcast during Double or Nothing weekend.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »
Woah

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »
I’d say there is a pretty damn good chance there’s going to be an AEW game, and it’s probably going to be better than most because [Cody, Young Bucks, and Omega] probably going to have a hand in developing it.

This is such a hilarious carny promoter thing to say. "This video game is going to be better than other video games because these dudes who do not make video games for a living are going to make it." Not a knock on Jericho for saying it, I get why he'd say something like that but lol.

Also you guys are way too down on Orton. That dude is perfect for this. I can't think of a single performer, past or present, who could possibly get more heel heat in this promotion than Randy Orton. People would boo the fuck outta that guy. He's perfect.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
Taker being at Starrcast is huge.  Im sure he wont be anywhere near DoN due to being under contract, but then IS he under an exclusive deal or is he PPA.  Taker seemingly taking non WWE bookings either shows he is done with Vinces bullshit, or hes just making the quick buck before going into obscurity post retirement

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »
Saw Taker is making $25k an hour for appearances (forgot the source so absolutely correct me if I'm wrong). Smart.

But see now I can, deep in my mind's eye, picture "The Soulchaser" Mark Callous and his druids beating the shit outta Joey Ryan and his penis druids.

« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »
Taker being at Starrcast is huge.  Im sure he wont be anywhere near DoN due to being under contract, but then IS he under an exclusive deal or is he PPA.  Taker seemingly taking non WWE bookings either shows he is done with Vinces bullshit, or hes just making the quick buck before going into obscurity post retirement

There’s no doubt in my mind AEW is at least talking to him. There’s no way they’re not. That picture he tweeted with the private jet today... there’s no way he flew in just to make the Starrcast deal.

My question is what is his contract status exactly? And how is he allowed to use the Taker name in all the advertising even if it is just Starrcast?

« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2019, 10:41:45 AM »
I’d say there is a pretty damn good chance there’s going to be an AEW game, and it’s probably going to be better than most because [Cody, Young Bucks, and Omega] probably going to have a hand in developing it.

This is such a hilarious carny promoter thing to say. "This video game is going to be better than other video games because these dudes who do not make video games for a living are going to make it."

Couldn’t that be said for the entire promotion tho? Lol

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2019, 04:43:11 PM »
I hope they don't sign Undertaker.  I know we just talked about how Batista would be a good idea and Undertaker would hold a lot of name value (even if he can't use the Undertaker name), but he is just so old and decrepit that is sad and painful to watch.  If he's just going to appear that's fine, but for God's sake keep him out of the ring.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »
The Undertaker is the second guy they will never ever bring in (the other being HHH). He or his people are smart enough to know that he's more or less retired, and know Starrcast alone will be an easy payday, and there's no way he will risk getting what will be fat cash at one of the Saudi shows. Unless Vince dies between now and the show, Taker's tethered to WWE just out of loyalty. He's not stupid. He knows where the wrestling world will be and booked one of his very few appearances.

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2019, 10:23:37 PM »
I’m trying to figure out how Vince is on board with him even appearing at Starrcast. I mean, they’re advertising the Double or Nothing official presser conference and weigh in. And he’s allowing freaking Undertaker, using the Taker name, to appear at the same event? Somethings weird.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2019, 11:41:35 PM »
I feel like we're forgetting that most of AEW's founders had a long meeting with Vince days before the AEW announcement and that there's no way AEW wasn't in the works already. Is it possible that they worked out a deal with WWE? The rumors are that the show will be on Tuesday, which won't interfere with any WWE programming, and they've reiterated that they aren't looking to compete but provide an alternative.

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2019, 12:35:55 AM »
I highly doubt that.

Maybe Taker quietly bought the rights to his name?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2019, 12:41:55 AM »
He's not under contract, according to Meltz: https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/02/15/the-undertakers-wwe-contract-status/

Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that The Undertaker’s WWE contract as a wrestler has expired. The Dead Man is not booked for WrestleMania or the next Saudi Arabia event. It was also said that if the Prince wants to see The Undertaker then they will probably be able to offer him enough money to make another KSA event.

According to this site, WWE still owns the name, though: https://trademarks.justia.com/860/90/undertaker-86090920.html

Also, note the Starrcast graphic stating "Mark Calaway AKA The Undertaker" - a lot of promotions and conventions do that. I guess it's a legal way around using the WWE-name without using it.

(Also they announced on Twitter that Coachman is going to be there, lol)

« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2019, 12:55:27 AM »
Totally missed the Mark Calaway thing on the ad. Good job by them.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
They should've just advertised him as Mean Mark Callous. ;)

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2019, 12:59:36 AM »
So Meltz mentioned that Taker is banking $60K for a three hour session and $150 per photo for fans. Considering it was reported that his original price tag was $25K for an hour, I see they're getting him at a discount!

Honestly, as much as I want to shame him for being greedy, if promoters and fans are willing to pay that much (and they clearly are) then I see no problem with it.

« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2019, 01:12:22 AM »
Honestly, the fact that he’s appearing there given the context is mind boggling. Its like a WResTLINGnEwz.com headline come to life.

If AEW can somehow get him to make some appearances and even do a match, you have to take that chance. The media attention they’ll get will be insane. It’ll put them on the map overnight.

Yes the match will suck but its Taker appearing at a non WWE show. It’ll make people’a brain explode. As a startup, you can’t no take that opportunity.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2019, 02:07:26 AM »
Undertaker will lead the InVasion and show up on Tuesday Night Dynamite

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »
Taker's a smart dude. It's all about booking himself where the entire wrestling world will be looking and where all the hardcores will be. He makes bank just for showing up, and everyone (especially the guys who never want to see him wrestle again, but oh shit Undertaker) will pay for an autograph or picture. At the very most they'll give him and Michelle a couple tickets and do a "Oh my! Look who's sitting in the audience!" thing.

I can promise you he'd much rather get some Saudi Arabia blood money in the next couple months than hurt the company who made him because he's working a con that will make him more money. Biggest thing he'll ever do for AEW is tombstone a Rusev or someone right into their upper card, which will be cool.

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2019, 05:22:06 AM »
Ideal announce teams for this thing?

If they want the sports feel, I’d love for them to get Robert Flores. I thoroughly enjoyed him on Impact Slammiversary PPV in 2017. Great “sports voice”, knowledge of the business, he’s a fan. He would just be a great voice for the company.

For the color man, would be nice to get a former heel worker. Maybe a Bully Ray or somebody like that.

I just hope we don’t get Alex Marvez or anyone like that. Dude has a face for radio and is boring AF. It would scream of nepotism.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2019, 06:04:27 AM »
If they get on TNT: Mike Tenay, George Takei, and Charles Barkley.

But I'd throw a bag of money at Mike Goldberg and Jesse Ventura. Why not? They're good for it.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2019, 06:27:06 AM »
I just hope we don’t get Alex Marvez or anyone like that. Dude has a face for radio and is boring AF. It would scream of nepotism.
Fuck, I know right? Both Marvez and Conrad hosting the first two rallies was just an awful choice. They're both devoid of any kind of charisma.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2019, 06:38:16 AM »
Since they are talking to him, he has some experience

Just imagine the noise at 13:25 happening in every big match.

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2019, 06:51:14 AM »
If they get on TNT: Mike Tenay, George Takei, and Charles Barkley.

But I'd throw a bag of money at Mike Goldberg and Jesse Ventura. Why not? They're good for it.

Mike Goldberg I’m good with but ehh on Ventura? Dude looks like a he belongs on Tales from the Crypt at this point. Plus his crazy conspiracy theory stuff wouldn’t jive with their progressivism.

Fuck, I know right? Both Marvez and Conrad hosting the first two rallies was just an awful choice. They're both devoid of any kind of charisma.

Conrad can be pretty funny when he’s not kissing ass and shilling but you can’t have him on your TV.

Bill Goldberg would be a great choice though. And if he does a few matches, that’s how I would bring him in. Start him on color and eventually he gets physical with someone which leads to a match.

Robert Flores and Bill Goldberg would be pretty fucking awesome IMO.

I’m wonder if they throw a woman in there too just because.