Author Topic: Is John Wall's Injured Foot Related to Dwight's Broken BUTT?: NBA January 2019  (Read 2377 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
All-Star voting running wild, All-Star mainstays like John Wall and Chris Paul are out hurt.

Also, Russell Westbrook had his 10th Triple Double of the Season last night against Dallas.  Russ becomes only the third player in NBA history to get double digit triple doubles in five consecutive seasons joining the likes of Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson.

Entering the 19 part of the 2018-19 season.  Is your team living up to your expectations for the year so far?  If you got to be GM for the day, what move do you aim to make?
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Lakers have lived up to my expectations but no more than that. There's been too many injuries for them to do better.

If I was the GM I would trade some junk pieces and a pick for Taj Gibson, who will definitely be available at this deadline. We could use another rebounding big.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Couldn't be much happier with how the Pacers are doing right now.  12-3 in December (without Oladipo for the first part of it), fewest points allowed in the NBA and are a couple bad bounces away from having the best record in the East.  Sabonis has become a stud, which is both good and bad because eventually I fear there will come a point where they can't keep both him and Myles Turner.  As far as moves they could make, it's easier to say trade some pieces for another star player than done, since most of those type players don't want to play places like here.  Hoping Sabonis will develop into that guy down the line.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg

Offline Mayor of Flavortown

• brock lock

BAH GAWD VC

I voted for D-Rose and Luka a couple times.

• Admin
Fan voting only counts for 50% now.

Luka will definitely be in the All-Star Game though. I'm not surprised that when a white guy can finally dribble and make moves that he's so popular.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• brock lock
Yeah I know, I just find some of the fan results amusing. Nothing here is as bad or good as Zaza being a top 3 vote getter when he was on Dallas.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg

BAH GAWD VC

I voted for D-Rose and Luka a couple times.

I’d rather see Vince in the game than D-Wade tbh

• brock lock
Same. Vince had a 21 point game the other day at 42 years old and he's more likable than Wade.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
I fully expect Wade to end up in the game btw.  It's his last year, he's got the sentimental vote from the fans and the LeBron buddy system workin for him (player's vote)

As for Doncic, he's probably having an All-Star year by normal standards, but the West is just too loaded.  It's not like he'll never get another chance, but I don't think I'd have him there this year.

• Admin
D-Wade deserves to be there. Like it or not, he's one of the GOATs and players as good as him should definitely play in the ASG when it's time for them to retire.

He also should have won the MVP in 2009 and got robbed. I'm probably the only guy who will cape up for him but his career has been heavily underappreciated. That game he took a fucking dump on the Hornets when cornbread was talking all that shit was one of the best moments in the last ten years.

Dirk should be there too but he can for real barely move his body and couldn't play more than five minutes.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
I’m with you on Wade being a great but I’ve never liked the “lifetime achievement” appearances.  He’s been there plenty of times and there’s bound to be someone having their best season ever snubbed from ever getting a chance when those appearances happen.  Granted it is a meaningless spectacle of big names but I rather see someone get in as an honor than see a shell of a former great.
[img width=800

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
Chicago is trading Justin Holiday to Memphis for a Brooks, another deep bench body, and two second round picks they will never use.

That makes whichever Brooks it actually is, possibly Scott, a guy named Chandler Hutchison, and hurt Denzel Valentine their options at small forward. Epic roster management by GarPax.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
Fucking dumpster fire.

• brock lock
Justin Holiday kind of sucks and was playing way too many minutes. He got 40 minutes the other day while Hutchison only got 13 and scored like 15 points in that time. I think even getting 2 second rounders back for a scrub like Holiday is okay with me, but I expect GarPax to screw it up. Giving Hutchison the keys at SF right now is fine for me because they are gonna be shit anyways and it's to see if he's any good.

Also, they are waiving Cameron Payne so this trade is a success for that reason.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Some reporter on Twitter speculated with Phoenix dropping to 13 players by waiving Eric Moreland today, they could be the best and likeliest destination for Houston to dump both Michael Carter-Williams and Carmelo.

I know that’s likely for buyouts but something makes me want to see what a bigger disaster could be made of that.

Not sure this guy’s true credentials or knowledge because he was citing that any team but the Thunder could pick him up at a minimum but I feel that has to be wrong since OKC traded him to Atlanta, who cut him pre-Houston and that should put him in the same spot Austin Rivers was in after getting cut by Phoenix where he could’ve gone back to the Clippers because Washington traded him.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline strummer

LOL Knicks beat the Lakers

• Admin
The Lakers have their two leading scorers out. Plus Rondo.

Offline strummer

I didn't even mean that as a insult as I haven't been paying attention lately. Knicks are 20 under .500 that's all.  Only saw the score

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Bucks playing the Raptors tonight and Bucks keep playing Kawhi’s laugh

https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/32baab54-7905-41de-bb15-89860ca5a25c
[img width=800

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
That's great! Ultimate trolling by the Bucks.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Wolves have fired Tom Thibodeau
[img width=800

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Jimmy Butler stirring up trouble in Philly now too.  Guy is good but he’s walking around acting like he’s much better than he really is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi03tf809XfAhURB3wKHY6rAzUQzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnba%2Fstory%2F_%2Fid%2F25684980%2Fjimmy-butler-challenging-philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-offensive-role&psig=AOvVaw3jUYhLQFt7TuM1Qsg0J10p&ust=1546743844797376

If issues keep coming up wherever you end up, maybe it's not the places that are the problems.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• brock lock
It sounds like Fred Hoiberg is the leading candidate to replace Thibs again

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The other interesting NBA drama story going on right now - who remembers Chandler Parsons?

Chandler, who has been injured since getting that big money in Memphis, gets medically cleared while the Grizzlies are on the West Coast around Christmas.  The Grizzlies' G-League team is playing in California right after Memphis is there, so the team asks Parsons to stay behind and play with the G-League team as a rehab assignment.  Parsons declined, as is allowed for any NBA veteran with more than three years of service. 

The Grizzlies asked him again to do rehab for the G-League team at the home games but Parsons wanted assurance of playing time with the Grizzlies when his assignment ended, which they would not give.

At this time, Parsons has basically been sent home until he gets cut, because I can't see anyone taking him at this point.  Sure he will get a look once he clears waivers but this seems like it could be the end if he does nothing of note on his next squad.
[img width=800

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
The Cleveland Cavaliers waived Patrick McCaw.

He probably should have that qualifying offer with the Dubs. Has the story come out on why he didn't?

• brock lock
The Cavs also gave Cameron Payne a ten day contract.

I want to use that Liotta gif again.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Cleveland Cavaliers waived Patrick McCaw.

He probably should have that qualifying offer with the Dubs. Has the story come out on why he didn't?

The word is the Cavs did this to do him a solid while poking at Golden State, which was hinted when he signed non-guaranteed.

He may very well get the same money that Golden State offered him, while getting picked up by a team that will give him a bigger role and not have the Warriors match.

If I were in his shoes, I would’ve stayed with Golden State but this is a continuation of him getting around the system to bet on himself.
[img width=800

• brock lock
Houston traded Michael Carter Williams and Cash to the Bulls for a Second Round pick. The MCW homecoming is short lived because he will be waived. I imagine the cash will be used to help Jerry Reinsdorf try to get Harper or Machado to the White Sox.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
I know MCW is nothing special but kinda surprised the Rockets just dumped him like that with Chris Paul and Eric Gordon still out

• brock lock
I was shocked they took a chance on him in the first place. I get that having a 6'7 PG is enticing to teams, but he's dookie and he's close to 30. I imagine this was his last shot in the NBA, but I thought that after his tenure with The Bulls and he was on two more teams after that.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
be quiet FAKE DOG

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
The league is investigating the Cavs/Patrick McCaw situation because the Warriors whined about it.  Big shock, I know

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Warriors = 

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Rumors that aknicks and Kings are discussing a swap of Kanter and Zach Randolph. That gets Enes his playing time but would assume it leaves Z-Bo benched still
[img width=800

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
Celtics signed RJ Hunter.

Hope they bring back Gigi Datome next.

Patrick McCaw signed with the Toronto Raptors. GSW are gonna pitch a fit.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
James Harden got Mario Elie'd tonight

• Admin

I know he had a good game but damn.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

To paraphrase The Big Dumbdamental, those are KTLN: Klay Thompson-Like Numbers.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
In 29 minutes

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

LaMarcus Aldridge just became the third-oldest player in NBA history to have his first career fifty-point game, behind Bernard King and Andre Miller (!!!).

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

LOTTA home cooking on these calls in 2OT.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
The Bulls only allowed 76 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF this time around against the Warriors, and Klay only made half as many threes (7), proving that things are getting better in Chicago under the tough love of Coach Boylan.

• brock lock
He's actually hurting the development of the young players with his antiquated thinking of three pointers and pace not being a priority for a modern nba team. The defense started out good under Boylen, but even that has gotten terrible. He's easily the worst Bulls coaches I've ever seen and maybe one of the worst coaches period. They have to fire him in the offseason, but I could see John Paxson loving his hardass douche personality and thinking it's good.

• brock lock
Speaking of that

Bulls in 18 games under Boylen:

5-13 record

97.5 PPG (29th)

100.6 Off RTG (30th)

111.5 Def RTG (24th)

54.5 Ast% (28th)

15.8 TOV% (28th)

96.50 Pace (28th)

?s=21

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Collison getting his jersey retired seems like a joke based on what jersey retirement is intended to be but really not crazy in the scheme of what it has become. 

Collison was a solid piece of that franchise for about fifteen seasons after they drafted him.  He was basically the veteran and character guy for the team in their first ten seasons and I think a big part of that local community.  By all account, everyone involved in that franchise (players, office, fans, community) love him.  Was he a league-wide superstar?  No.  But retiring someone's jersey is an honor for that franchise and for what is really a young team if you only consider the OKC years, I don't think it is that crazy.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800