Author Topic: Is John Wall's Injured Foot Related to Dwight's Broken BUTT?: NBA January 2019  (Read 2758 times)

Description:

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Such mixed feelings on KP trade

Reality is he's (and his brother/agent Janis) been unhappy here for a long time now, and with all the dysfunction who can blame him.  This has been going on in the background for a long time for those of us who follow the team closely.  He allegedly told the Knicks he would sign the QO and then hit unrestricted FA in 20-21......so they kind of had to trade him now

Was this the best deal they could get?  I don't know, but getting out from a lot of contract in THJ/Lee, clearing cap for two max slots, and adding two first rd picks, plus a promising young player in DSJ isn't nothing

That said, do I believe the Knicks will get two stud FA with that cap room?  Do I think we're getting KD?  No.  I'll believe it when I see it.   Been down this road with this team too many times to get my hopes up

My hope is they flip DJ and Matthews for something.  They can both help prospective playoff teams.  Even if it's just 2nd rd picks and/or trade exceptions, whatever, they're expiring deals

Also have to take into account that this is an oft-injured, slight of build, 7-3 dude who relies on athleticism coming off a major knee injury.  Was a major concern going forward if he remained a Knick.  I hope he comes back strong, stays healthy and has a hall of fame career.  It's a major unknown right now though.  I applaud the Mavs for swinging for the fences, him and Luka could be an incredible pairing for the next decade

In all, disappointed to see the "KP era" lol end like this, but I'm an eternal optimist, even though the Knicks have given me no reason to be in the last 20 years or so

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
I just thought it was a bad deal for a single pick. Since it has now been known to two picks, that makes the trade better. However, they need to hope Porzingis doesn't flourish alongside Doncic or that his health isn't as good as it is. Or that they manage to get Zion and all-star talents. I'm not going to say max deal type players, because anyone can become a max deal type of player if the cards are right.

I will say that the second first round pick is probably why the Knicks went in on the trade. They probably didn't want to get screwed by holding out for something better.

This might be the only time I say this, but the Knicks made the right call.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
lmao that story is great.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg

Well, I’d say that narrows it down
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/nowitzki-wade-added-to-all-star-game.html

A pair of NBA veterans will make one last All-Star appearance before retirement, as the league announced today that Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade will be “special team roster additions” for the February 17 game.

“Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade embody the best of the NBA: remarkable skill, drive and professionalism as well as a deep devotion to strengthening their communities and growing the game around the world,” said NBA commisioner Adam Silver. “As a global celebration of basketball, our All-Star Game is an ideal setting to salute these first-class NBA champions and Finals MVPs.”

Nowitzki and Wade won’t be part of the regular draft when LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo choose up sides on February 7. They will be selected in a third round that allows each team to add a 13th player. The remaining eight starters as chosen by the fans will be taken in the first round, with the reserves going in the second round.

I love it.  I'm sure some people will complain, but fuck them.  The All-Star game is supposed to be fun for the fans, and this is cool

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
Rose should be there instead of Dirk. I don't have a problem with Wade, but Dirk struggles to even score double digits these days. Dirk would probably prefer staying home instead of going to the All Star Game anyways.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Just add Rose and Vince to make it even

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Rose is gonna play for more years. I’m cool with them making a 13th spot for retiring legends.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Ok then Melo and Vince

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
Fuck it, put Nick Collison and Udonis Haslem in.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
I don’t care about them adding lifetime achievements if it doesn’t cut into the guys who deserve it.  I love seeing a guy like Vucevic get in more than a broken down star.

I am curious how this is handled in the future. Wade and Dirk were special.  Some could argue Vince but I don’t think Vince had such a long term impact on the game.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater