Author Topic: CXF Fantasy Baseball 2019 - League Champ: Steak!  (Read 10947 times)

Description:

Offline SteakGrowsOnDmitri

• Just heea me out, bro
Re: CXF Fantasy Baseball 2019
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2019, 01:47:24 PM »
So I've updated my trade block as follows:

Paul Goldschmidt
Kris Bryant
Aaron Nola
Willie Calhoun

Yes, for the right offer these players could be acquired. No, I'm not just giving them away for scraps. Deals can be done with the right effort and communication.

I would add Jose Ramirez to the trade block but it's laughable at this point. I would almost pay to get rid of him.

Offline jmorr

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
  • New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2019, 04:26:53 PM »
So being the new guy I’ve been waiting to see how trades go in this league...I’m always willing to talk trade.  No one is truly untouchable, but at this point it would be tough to part with some of my main guys (Alonso, moncada, Baez, etc), but I’ll always listen.  It’s hard to offend me with offers.

That said, I could use a good SP.  I’d also like to add a good hitter and closer.  You know, pretty much a little of everything...lol.

Jmorr11@yahoo.com is a good way to reach me if interested.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
I would add Jose Ramirez to the trade block but it's laughable at this point. I would almost pay to get rid of him.
If he still would qualify for 2B, I'd probably trade for him. I'm desperate need of a decent still starting 2B right now. I once again had to bring back Chris Taylor to hopefully fill that roll and I ain't happy about that.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #353 on: July 06, 2019, 03:36:56 AM »
So I've updated my trade block as follows:

Paul Goldschmidt
Kris Bryant
Aaron Nola
Willie Calhoun

Yes, for the right offer these players could be acquired. No, I'm not just giving them away for scraps. Deals can be done with the right effort and communication.

Proposed an offer for Goldschmidt. I'll make deals sometimes but I tend to prefer to hold to see where I'm at early in the season and usually by early July I have a good feel if I'm gonna have a shot at doing anything. I'm above .500 in this league but I've largely been treading water and I don't think I'll be good enough to make a late run unless some things really break my way.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #354 on: July 06, 2019, 04:21:43 AM »
Guys I'm Not Trading: 3B Rafael Devers, SS Fernando Tatis, SS Carlos Correa, OF Victor Robles

Guys I'll think about trading: 3B Miguel Andujar, OF George Springer, OF Andrew Benintendi

Everyone Else: Available

I'm looking for a starting 1B, 2B and/or starting pitching. I'll also always take picks, because I suck at making them.

Now you may ask yourself why I'm looking for 1B when I've got Encarnacion, but well, I'm looking for a young guy that I can hold onto for years to come.

If you guys are looking for starters, I've got a good two in Means and Castillo, while also holding onto a decent saves guy in Smith.

I realize I don't actually have a lot to give, but frankly, I think I've at least got a decent enough amount that you'll like'em.

Offline dirtmagirt

• BLAZE ONE FOR THE NATION!!!!!
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2019, 03:04:48 AM »
Just my MFn luck.....immediately after I drop Gurriel he goes off on an offensive binge
oldirty

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2019, 11:01:28 AM »
All Star break! Time to wheel and deal!

Anyone looking for SS help/depth Paul DeJong is available.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2019, 05:33:17 AM »

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
Mid-season update!

Trade Deadline is Aug 11th.

This week's matchup is a 2 week matchup due to the All Star Break. That leaves 4 more matchups before the deadline.

Looking at the standings, the only teams that have a realistic shot at the playoffs are the top 11. 11th, Chewbie, is 11.5 games behind 6th. If he doesn't knock that down below 10 this week, then I think its safe to say he is also basically elminated. No defending his title from last season.

I'd also include 10th place 909 in the no chance in hell category. Not because of games back but due to lack of paying attention since the corpse of Andrew McCutchen has been in his starting lineup all season.

That leaves the top 9, maybe 11th place Chewbie if he gets a big win this week as having a shot at the championship bracket. Six teams make the championship bracket. The next 6 make the consolation bracket. Consolation winner does receive the 1st pick in the spring draft.

I get that injuries affect teams and can bury them, but this is a keeper league. Not the draft it, forget it then wake up in September for the playoffs Chat league. Sell your expensive assets off for some youth or good value players for next season. Letting your team fester won't cause it to magically be a contender next season. I honestly don't care if the truth annoys some of those managers. Seems like I have to post this every so many years to light a fire under some asses. I get it, its boring being at the bottom. Every time my team has had down seasons those were my busiest years in terms of making moves to get set up for the next season. Hell there's a few dudes with 10 or few roster moves for the entire season. HOW?! If it were a dominant team I could see that, but these are sub .500 teams.

I know Flik, Steak, Dirt, and JMorr are out there grinding and trying to get some deals happen. Happy to have you dudes in the league. Shumway, Harley, & DCBild have made a ton of moves to keep getting better. Top 8 really all have been doing damn good all year.

OG is pretty much sitting pretty with the best all around team and doesn't need much if anything.

That's my rant.

I'm just saying, I appreciate the new dudes we got in the league this year and the dudes that are actively trying. That's what makes a league enjoyable. We just need more of that, and we'll get it next year for sure.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #359 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
Whelp. The league's farm team still has players that need to be called up to other people's main rosters, so if you need a call up, come on down. I'm sure we can find a major league team for my players to do wonders at.

...I'm the fucking Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and I fucking know it.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2019, 01:19:55 AM »
Hey, I finally got a trade done!

To Flik's Flamingos:
2B Cavan Biggio
OF Austin Meadows

To Brockvegas Posse:
2B/SS Freddy Galvis
2B/SS/OF Chris Taylor
SS Carlos Correa

Now watch Correa stay entirely healthy for treble, while Biggio and Meadows do nothing for me.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #361 on: July 11, 2019, 05:32:41 AM »
Got a potential deal in the works. Trying to balance looking at the future but also shoring up some holes on my team. Tough thing to balance given I'm in 6th Place and trying to stay in the playoff picture.

• Just heea me out, bro
« Reply #362 on: July 11, 2019, 06:04:39 AM »
TRADE ALERT

Harly gets Paul Goldschmidt and Matthew Boyd

I receive Justin Verlander and Brandon Lowe

After 7 years of service, I tip my cap to Goldy and wish him well on his future endeavors.

• Just heea me out, bro
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2019, 06:19:01 AM »
BTW I have updated my trade block as follows:

Tyler Glasnow
Carlos Martinez
Ian Kennedy
Gavin Lux
Jose Ramirez

I'm only allowed to list 5 players on the Yahoo site but I'd listen to offers for Kimbrel or Treinan as well.

I still consider Kris Bryant available too but itll cost alot more to acquire him. I feel Glasnow could benefit as team in the basement to help in the future but he doesn't help me now on the DL.

I am lookin for a solid 1B replacement right now so any offers are welcome.

Offline treble

• Truculence
  • Admin
« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »
Since I have some depth at SS, either Correa or Trea Turner are available. Looking for starting pitching, would prefer someone at around the same keeper level as those guys, but I'm flexible.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
Confirmed. Lowe is on the DL and while he's been great, it's easier to upgrade for his spot(s) on the roster. Verlander is still good but he's very old and I wanted to go younger.

Badly needed to upgrade at 1B and Goldschmidt is rock solid. I'm also super high on Matthew Boyd as a future SP Ace as he's improved in FIP every year since 2016 and his K/9's drastically jumped the past 3 years too.

Offline O.G.

• Slicka than ya average...
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #366 on: July 11, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »
Looking for a reliable starting pitcher. Got some young guys I could offer.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2019, 06:42:18 AM »
Is the player add/drops for the day of annoying anyone else?

Its pretty annoying to have to wait until games aren't being played to add/drop someone.

If there isn't major opposition I am thinking of changing it to add/drops effecting "tomorrows" roster and not "today".

I'll wait until I hear from some of you.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2019, 07:57:02 AM »
Is the player add/drops for the day of annoying anyone else?

Its pretty annoying to have to wait until games aren't being played to add/drop someone.

If there isn't major opposition I am thinking of changing it to add/drops effecting "tomorrows" roster and not "today".

I'll wait until I hear from some of you.

That's fine with me. I was always a little surprised it wasn't set for tomorrow as that's usually the case I think.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2019, 12:55:51 AM »
Yeah, kind of surprised me that they affected the day of, instead of the next day. Same with trades.

Two trades I made.

To Krankor - Luis Castillo and George Springer

To Myself - Michael Chavis and Chris Paddock

To Steak - Edwin Encarnacion (drops Willie Calhoun)

To Myself - Tyler Glasnow

And my trade earlier that I didn't post (or posted in the wrong thread, most likely)

To treble - Freddy Galvis, Chris Taylor and Carlos Correa

To myself - Cavan Biggio and Austin Meadows

Moving myself to more potential based players and guys who look like they'll have good careers long term. As I don't think I can fix my team overnight.

Right now my keepers' list is the following:
3B Rafael Devers
SS Fernando Tatis
OF Juan Soto
OF Victor Robles

On the bubble:
1B Nate Lowe
1B/2B Michael Chavis
2B/OF Cavan Biggio,
OF Austin Meadows
OF Andrew Benintendi
SP Chris Paddock
SP Tyler Glasnow
SP/RP John Means

Guys That Have Worth That Maybe You Want, That You Can Get With Pick Swaps!:
1B/OF Joc Pederson - I'm going young, so that's why he's available.

2B/3B/SS/OF David Fletcher - utility guy, but the table setter or #2 for the Angels, pretty worth getting for any playoff team in need of a guy to plug for injuries.

3B Michael Andujar - Recovering from surgery for torn labrum, I've just given up on the guy.

SS Ryan Mountcastle - Best Orioles prospect, though in minors is getting tried as an outfielder.

SS Isan Diaz - Probably one of the best Marlins prospects, still playing shortstop.

OF Alex Verdugo - potentially good OF, just log jammed at SD.

SP Tanner Roark - If you need a solid pitching arm, can I interest you in 92 innings and 92 strikeouts (nice), 5 wins (alright), 3.51 (nice) and 1.29 (bleh)?

And I suddenly realized I can't add another pitcher, so going to pray no one goes down with injury. Fun. That's what I get for picking up Nate Lowe.

• Just heea me out, bro
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2019, 12:57:43 AM »

Flik receives Tyler Glasnow

I receive Edwin Encarnación

Offline dirtmagirt

« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2019, 04:41:25 PM »
I’m all for the change Commish. That ish is more than annoying. As for trades, I know some of you were waiting to hear from me, but I’m waiting to hear from others as well lol. I might have to just say f#*% it and move on as i’ve already lost out on some players
oldirty

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2019, 12:40:16 AM »
That tater mashing beast Giancarlo Stanton is still available guys! He could be crushing some dongs on your team toward the end of the this year and next year!

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
Trade #7:
Treble receives Danny Santana & Jake Arrieta
Dirt receives Justin Upton & Jose Quintana

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2019, 04:05:25 AM »
Trade #8
Shumway receives Sergio Romo RP and Wade Davis RP
Chewbie receives Brandon Woodruff SP

• Just heea me out, bro
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »

Flik receives Luke Jackson and Gavin Lux

I receive Will Smith

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2019, 05:07:18 AM »
I tried to move the Roster Changes from "Daily - Today" to "Daily - Tomorrow" but it won't let me. I guess we are stuck with that for the remainder of the year. We'll switch to Daily Tomorrow next year.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #377 on: August 02, 2019, 05:50:30 AM »
Yeah, I think that's the rule that is causing me (and probably some others) issues with getting trades resolved on the days thereof. It took me until late last night to pull the trigger on that trade.

Offline treble

• Truculence
  • Admin
Re: CXF Fantasy Baseball 2019 - Trade Deadling Aug 11th
« Reply #378 on: August 04, 2019, 03:19:49 AM »
Since I have some depth at SS, either Correa or Trea Turner are available. Looking for starting pitching, would prefer someone at around the same keeper level as those guys, but I'm flexible.
These guys are still available, plus others. Still looking for good, young starting pitching.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #379 on: August 07, 2019, 12:17:31 AM »
FINALLY found where Yahoo had the roster transaction deadlines hidden. Now it has been switched.
Starting Thursday August 8th our roster moves will be:

Daily-Tomorrow
Transactions (trades, waiver claims, and free agent pick-ups) are reflected on team rosters the following day. The deadline for all transactions for the following day is 11:59pm PT each night.

When I switched it, yahoo gave me this message:
Your requested changes will be implemented immediately on Thursday, August 8th in the morning. Until then, the league will continue to use your current settings (view current settings).

When they classify "morning" is, who knows.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #380 on: August 07, 2019, 01:09:32 AM »
Hah! Wrong fantasy thread! We may have too many of these.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
I think one of my biggest pet peeves with fantasy is when people make roster moves but just let a pending trade lay there and fester.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2019, 09:14:53 AM »
I'm sorry for doing that to two different people and you were one of them. Keeping it short and because it is the fucking normal with me: life issues. Last 48 hours haven't been kind to me.

Offline dirtmagirt

« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2019, 04:45:08 AM »
I’m scrap’n & clawing for that final playoff spot!
oldirty

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2019, 11:16:15 PM »
Trying to stay alive for the playoffs but losing Chris Sale, as struggling as he's been, is still a pretty crippling blow to my pitching staff.

Offline dirtmagirt

« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:10 AM »
Nice comeback Dueces! I needed a big win this week to make up some ground on you. Now I'm 4 games back & playing the #1 team. Very tough task to get in playoffs.
oldirty

Offline dirtmagirt

« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2019, 01:24:40 PM »
My fate is sealed. Now on to get that #1 pick!
oldirty

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #387 on: September 03, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »
Playoffs are upon us!

Long end of year post is also upon us!

Championship Brakcet:
#1 OG: BYE
#4 JMorr vs #5 Krankor
#3 Shumway vs #6 DCBild
#2 Steak: BYE

Consolation Bracket:
#7 Harley: BYE
#10 Will Scarlet vs #11 Treble
#9 909 vs #12 Linx
#8 Dirt: BYE

With that, it is time to start thinking about keepers. Remember, we keep up to 8 players. Players that were selected in the Consolation Round are considered to have a "Round 4" value. I think I previously might have said it was 3, but I looked back and saw originally I had stated in the first post of the thread that they would be given Round 4 keeper designation. So we will go with that.

Keeper Deadline: December 1st, 2019

Once you know your keepers, post them in this thread! You can always change your keepers until the keeper deadline date.

A reminder for new teams that may not be 100% sure of the setup here are a few examples.

If you kept Yu Darvish who was drafted in Round 3, he would slot into your Round 3 next year in the draft. You would not have a draft pick in Round 3. Darvish would essentially be your selection in Round 3 as your keeper. For instance, if you then kept Dee Gordon, who is also a Round 3 drafted player along with keeping Darvish, then Gordon would end up slotting in your Round 4. Gordon would still be listed as a Round 3 keeper, but he would just slot into the next available round, which would be 4. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Once the playoffs conclude, the trade window will open for off-season trades.

There will be a few initial changes for next season. I liked our mid-season roster moves change to "Tomorrow". I feel that worked a lot better.

I'm still debating from switching the roster moves per week from 3 to 4. I am probably going to leave it at 3. I have seen some slight streaming but nothing too egregious. Some weeks 3 just isn't enough. But I'm really not wanting to have too many moves that would encourage annoying streaming of players on the free agent list. We will see.

The 21st roster spot we added this year was on a trial basis. I think that was a good move and we will keep that for next season. It will be filled the same as this year, through post draft waivers. We will be chopping off 1 of the NA spots. We will go from 3 down to 2 NA slots. Hording prospects is always a positive thing but there was some hording of some pretty bad prospects not even close to being called up.

Pitching changes. I knew switching to daily moves would incur some needed changes. I didn't want to mess with it before we had a good year sample size. We will switch the pitching spots from 4 SP - 2 RP - 1 P to 3 SP - 2 RP - 2 P. There has been slightly too much stock put in poor relievers with SP eligibility. The second change will be minimum innings for pitching will get bumped up quite a bit. It was set at 26.0 this year. Next year we will bump up to 32.0. I actually went through and tracked all the innings teams logged in certain ranges to see where the low end of the spectrum was. We only had 5 missed inning requirements this season. Which really, there should be zero excuse with daily moves. We routinely had some teams getting above 50 or 60 innings. 32.0 seems like an easily reachable number even for teams based heavily around relievers. I was actually surprised how few times teams were merely in the 20's for innings. So I'm pretty confident that 32.0 is a good number for managers actually participating. I posted some of the ranges below incase some are concerned 32.0 is too high.

Missed Innings Requirement
Week One: none
Week Two: none
Week Three: OG
Week Four: Flik
Week Five: none
Week Six: none
Week Seven: none
Week Eight: Flik
Week Nine: none
Week 10: none
Week 11: none
Week 12: none
Week 13: Scooter
Week 14: none
Week 15: none
Week 16: none
Week 17: none
Week 18: Flik
Week 19: none
Week 20: none
Week 21: none

If a team logged an inning total in the range I just posted the total.

BELOW 30 INNINGS
Week 1: none
Week 2: none
Week 3: 23.2
Week 4: 24.0
Week 5: none
Week Six: none
Week Seven: none
Week Eight: 29.2, 23.0
Week Nine: 27.1, 29.1
Week 10: none
Week 11: none
Week 12: none
Week 13: 21.1, 27.2, 27.2
Week 14: none
Week 16: none
Week 17: 29.0
Week 18: 24.1
Week 19: 27.1, 27.2, 29.1
Week 20: none
Week 21: 29.2

Between 30.0 and 35.0
Week 1: none
Week 2: 32.2, 30.1
Week 3: 31.0
Week 4: none
Week 5: 34.2, 33.2, 34.0
Week 6: 33.1, 32.0, 32.1, 35.0
Week 7: none
Week 8: none
Week 9: 34.0
Week 10: 30.2
Week 11: 34.1, 32.0, 34.2, 30.1
Week 12: 30.0, 33.2
Week 13: 35.0
Week 14: 32.2
Week 16: 32.2, 33.1, 33.1
Week 17: 31.2, 35.0, 34.1
Week 18: 33.2, 33.1, 32.2, 30.0, 34.0
Week 19: 34.2, 34.1, 34.0
Week 20: 31.1, 34.0, 33.2, 30.1
Week 21: 33.1, 30.2

======

This gets me to the part of activity from a few teams. Before I even will accept any keepers from certain teams listed below, they need to explain their reasoning behind certain questions I have. I get not every year is a championship caliber year, but letting a team lay there and rot all season is not the path to success for the next season in a keeper league. I'm not a fan of calling people out, however I kind of have to. We can't have teams just left for dead floating through the season.

909:
*You made 5 Free Agent adds all year. 4 before April and the last one on April 8, why?
*You had the out for the season Andrew McCutchen in the lineup for 2 months until I said something in the thread, why?
*I know you had Kluber dead early, but when everyone was posting they were interested in trading for pitching why didn't you unload Jansen & Keuchel for some prospects or better keeper options?

Linx:
*You made 7 total free agent moves, 4 initially, then the last 3 on May 16th. Why no moves after that point?
*Austin Barnes has absolutely not been a factor at catcher all year. He's been in the minors for long stretches. Why did you never dump him for any other catching option?
*Kyle Seager has been a beast the past month with 10 HRs, he's been on your bench the whole time. What is the strategy there?
*Like 909, you had a ton of oft-injured, expensive SP's that were actually healthy prior to the deadline. Why not unload them for better keeper options?

Thrasher:
You had 10 free agent moves all year. Thats pretty light for a team that was struggling but you did make moves at least throughout the entire season. Props for that. Finishing 15th though, you should have been making more moves to get better players on your team.
*Main question I have: Why were you not trying to ship off some of your over priced starting pitchers? Everyone was wanting to trade for starting pitching. Why hold Grienke, Price, Hamels? Hamels could have at least netted you 1 keeper caliber player, Price two, and Greinke possibly three. Now you are stuck with over priced pitchers instead of other keeper options. You could just redraft early next season. I feel like we have had this identical discussion a few years ago.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of calling people out. I am even less of a fan of having teams drift through a season unattended. We expanded back to 16 teams this year to create more activity. Had we not, I dont even want to think of how painful the year would have been with the teams left unattended. We had 5 new teams this year. Thrasher being a new team, but really just a returning old team. The other 4 new teams I thought did well at participating and working on their teams all year. I'm glad to have had them join us and I hope they enjoyed the league and plan on returning.

I get people have shit going on in life. Everyone does. Hell I've had this end of season post in progress for a week in my phone. It's just not fair to everyone else to have teams just floundering around from inactivity. So basically, 909/Linx/Thrasher, if ya want back and are legit committed to being active I want you guys back. If you want some more casual type fantasy baseball where half the league is usually inactive by May, I suggest the yearly Chat league instead.

Everyone else feel free to post your keepers when you know them!

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
Re: CXF Fantasy Baseball 2019 - Playoffs!
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2019, 02:39:26 AM »
I'm going to admit that I wasn't much better. Sure, I had medical concerns, but that doesn't give me entire justification for how piss poor I really did. Last year was just injuries a plenty so I had a depleted lineup, this year I really didn't do well at all. So I'm sorry about that. I'll do better next year, participation wise.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2019, 03:07:36 AM »
You participated just fine Flik. You were active all season. It was the aforementioned teams. You have nothing to worry about. Performance isn't even the issue.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #390 on: September 04, 2019, 03:33:14 AM »
I wasn't actually meaning my record (though I did point to that), but my participation was barely meeting the minimum is all. More self reporting that I wasn't great and that I will do better next season.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2019, 10:29:32 AM »
My season is done after a fairly epic battle. Gonna tie 5-5 and I lost the tiebreaker from our earlier season matchup.

EDIT: Now Strammen got a W to officially finish me off 5-6.

DOUBLE EDIT: Gleyber Torres got me a steal so now its tied 6-6. Love losing via a relief pitcher getting a win.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #392 on: September 09, 2019, 04:21:18 AM »
Championship Brakcet:
#4 JMorr vs #5 Krankor ‐ JMorr wins via tie breaker 6-6
#3 Shumway vs #6 DCBild - DCBild wins 7-3

Consolation Bracket:
#10 Will Scarlet vs #11 Treble - Treble wins 8-3
#9 909 vs #12 Linx - 909 wins 6-5

Championship Bracket:
#1 O.G. vs #6 DCBild
#2 Steak vs #4 JMorr

Consolation Bracket:
#7 Harley vs # 11 Treble
#8 Dirt vs #9 909

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #393 on: September 09, 2019, 04:27:06 AM »
I think next year the Wins W category is getting replaced with the Quality Start QS category.

Every year I think about how stupid the W category actually is 2 weeks after the season starts. A pitcher doesn't have anything to do with run support. QS is a better indicator of a starting pitcher having a good performance.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #394 on: September 09, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
I was going to ask about if we could change it to QS, but I always figured it would never get any traction.

Edit: Wait, I did once. And it really didn't. That's why I haven't since then.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #395 on: September 09, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »
You were ahead of the curve Flik.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2019, 12:45:48 AM »
Not really. Just thought it wasn't fair that pitchers had to depend on hitters and not vice versa.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #397 on: September 11, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »
Quote from:  From the section on keepers in the League Rules
  H. Keepers can be kept for 3 years at their original draft value. After 3 years, if they have a draft value of round 11-20, their round value would have 5 rounds deducted from it. If the player has a draft round value of 1-10, than 3 rounds would be deducted from it. This would happen each year until the player would eventually be worth a first round draft pick.

Here's the list of players this would effect if kept for next season. I included at the end of each line what their numbers for next season would be with the R_Y_ format.

Clayton Kershaw, SP (Round 1, Year 10) - R1Y11
Chris Sale, SP (Round 1 - Year 7) - R1Y8
Giancarlo Stanton, OF (Round 1 - Year 9) - R1Y10
Freddie Freeman, 1B (Round 1 - Year Eight) - R1Y9
Mike Trout, OF (Round 1 - Year Eight) - R1Y9
Bryce Harper OF (Round 1 - Year Eight) - R1Y9
Jose Altuve 2b (Round 1 - Year 3) - R1Y4
Paul Goldschmidt, 1B  (Round 1 - Year Eight) - R1Y9
Max Scherzer SP (Round 1 - Year 7) - R1Y8
Cole Hamels SP (Round 1 - Year 11) - R1Y12
George Springer, OF (Round 4 - Year 5) - R1Y6
Nolan Arenado, 3b (Round 4 - Year 5) - R1Y6
Antony Rizzo, 1b (Round 4 - Year 7) - R1Y8
Manny Machado, 3b/SS (Round 4 - Year 7) - R1Y8
Josh Donaldson, 3b (Round 7 - Year 6) - R4Y7
Anthony Rendon, 3B (Round 7 - Year 6) - R4Y7
Corey Kluber, SP (Round 7 - Year 4) - R4Y5
Charlie Blackmon OF (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Francisco Lindor, SS (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Mookie Betts, OF (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
JD Martinez, OF (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Jacob DeGrom, SP (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Kris Bryant, 3b/OF (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Khris Davis OF (Round 11 - Year 3) - R6Y4
Joey Gallo 1b/OF (Round 10 - Year 5) - R7Y6
Carlos Correa, SS (Round 13 - Year 4) - R8Y5
Trea Turner, SS (Round 15 - Year 4) - R10Y5
Willson Contreras, C (Round 17 - Year 3) - R12Y4
Carlos Martinez, SP (Round 15 - Year 4) - R10Y5
Kyle Schwarber, OF (Round 15 - Year 4) - R10Y5
Wil Myers, 3b/OF (Round 15 - Year 3) - R10Y4
Corey Seager SS (Round 15 - Year 4) - R10Y5
Noah Syndergaard SP (Round 15 - Year 4) - R10Y5
Gary Sanchez, C (Round 20 - Year 3) - R15Y4
Alex Bregman, 3b/ss (Round 20 - Year 3) - R15Y4
Jose Ramirez, 2b/3b (Round 20 - Year 3) - R15Y4

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #398 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
Currently OG and DCBild are tied. They also are tied in regar season matchup results. So the tiebreaker would be playoff seeding. Still Sunday Night baseball game to go though! Let's see what happens.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #399 on: September 15, 2019, 07:10:26 PM »
Championship Brakcet:
#4 JMorr vs #5 Krankor ‐ JMorr wins via tie breaker 6-6
#3 Shumway vs #6 DCBild - DCBild wins 7-3

Consolation Bracket:
#10 Will Scarlet vs #11 Treble - Treble wins 8-3
#9 909 vs #12 Linx - 909 wins 6-5

Championship Bracket:
#1 O.G. vs #6 DCBild - Ties 5 - 5, OG wins via higher seed tiebreaker since regular season matchups resulted in a tie
#2 Steak vs #4 JMorr - Steak wins 6-5

Consolation Bracket:
#7 Harley vs #11 Treble - Treble wins 7-4
#8 Dirt vs #9 909 - 909 wins 7-4

Championship Matchup
#1 O.G. vs #2 Steak

Consolation Title Matchup
#9 909 vs #11 Treble

Those championship matchups were close as hell and back and forth. It's been a good competitive playoffs so far!