Author Topic: The Nigel McGuinness Story  (Read 342 times)

Description: A WWE Network Special

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Nigel McGuinness Story
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »
Interesting surprise - following NXT UK Takeover next week, WWE is airing a Network special about Nigel McGuinness.  Pretty interesting to see how this goes.  I know there was that documentary about him some years back that delved into why his contract offer was rescinded from WWE back in the day, leading to his TNA run.

Feel this is thread worthy, hoping others will join in on discussing when this is released and get around to watching.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Re: The Nigel McGuinness Story
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:07:03 PM »
He was pretty bitter about WWE not wanting him in his documentary so I'm guessing this will be more uplifting with how everything turned around for him in the end.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »
Wasn’t it some unhealed bicep that needed surgery that caused him to fail their medical?

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 09:18:33 AM »
Just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. I'm shocked they used Impact footage and even referenced "The Last of the McGuiness". Glad things turned out well for him in the end.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »
They have used a ton of TNA footage since the hardys won their lawsuit.

Seeing him legit “that itch for one more match” would be epic even if he did a tag.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
Just starting watching this now after catching up on some of the weekly shows.  I get Seth's point of calling Nigel the "best no one ever knew" in the intro but it seems out of place when everyone else is talking how influential he is. But the point is he was so good to never "make it to the biggest stage".

I always find it interesting hearing the first shows or sentimental shows to others.  Nigel's first exposure being Summerslam 1990 and specifically the Harts/Demolition is cool.  And I think it is great young Nigel went to Summerslam 92 in Ultimate Warrior face paint.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
This was really good.  I'd put it up there with any of the stuff they have ever done.  Great look into him whether the viewer knows him or not. 

I had never watched his own documentary so some of this was crushing to see.  Crazy to see Bryan admit he lied his way through the physical when I remember a lot of people questioned Bryan getting through when Nigel didn't at the time they both got offers.

I had always heard different versions of what happened so interesting to finally get the full story.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 03:26:10 PM »
Figured this was as good of any thread to bump.  Watch the Network Special if you have the Network, as it was good but I just found out Nigel's self-made documentary has been put up on Vimeo for free:

Will need to check this out when I have time.
[img width=800