Author Topic: TWIW 1/14/19 - 1/20/19: Screw Cody, We Goin For Disney!  (Read 3253 times)

Description:

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: TWIW 1/14/19 - 1/20/19: Screw Cody, We Goin For Disney!
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2019, 09:03:51 AM »
Killian Dane and Nikki Cross got engaged

I remember hearing they were an item before but didn’t realize they’ve been together ten and a half years
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
Brother they got married

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »
Dane looks like a completely different person

2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2019, 11:29:27 AM »
Married makes more sense - just saw a little blurb somewhere - sorry for the fake news

I would not recognize Dain in that picture at all
[img width=800

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:15 AM »
I had no idea.  Makes her riding on his back to the ring when they were in Sanity even more adorable.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »
I love Nikki and Sanity is a great act.  No clue why they're wasting them on SD (aka doing jack and shit with them when they could totally get over huge) and no idea why Nikki isn't with them.

I liked her RAW debut because she's great, and it didn't seem like the crowd knew her/how to respond but she got over during the course of it.  I didn't watch SD yet but she randomly shows up "shaking the USO PEN' wtf. 

Sanity's NXT run and the stuff with AOP and Undisputed Era, plus Nikki's solo stuff, was some of my favorite NXT shit in the last few years

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »
Sanity could never get over.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
Sanity was always just a lower card filler tag act.  Think the Bolsheviks from 30 years ago.  AOP was a lot better so it is far more of a shame they are wasting them.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:35 PM »

Why the hell not?  An oddball group of misfits who are presented seriously as crazy hardcore and badass?  Yea, that's never gotten over in wrestling  ::)

• Admin
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »

Why the hell not?  An oddball group of misfits who are presented seriously as crazy hardcore and badass?  Yea, that's never gotten over in wrestling  ::)

They aren't good enough in the ring to get over.

I had typed out a response about how they fuck up all the time but I decided to delete it. But, yeah, they aren't good enough.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »

They aren't good enough in the ring to get over.

I had typed out a response about how they fuck up all the time but I decided to delete it. But, yeah, they aren't good enough.

I also don't think they have much of a personality (aside from maybe Cross).  They are just dull.  Say what you will about a team like the Nasty Boys, but they at least acted like insane lunatics even if they weren't great in the ring either.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2019, 12:57:12 PM »
We already had the wyatts go on for years and years which were basically a different version of the theme too.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
WTF?  I don't know how much much of Sanity in NXT you guys watched but Dane and Wolfe can both go for bigger guys, and Eric Young is a good "Michael Hayes" of the group who can work, bump and talk.  They were a great Freebirds style trio, with a great chick added to the mix

The WarGames with them and Undisputed Era and AOP is one of my favorite NXT matches ever.

The idea that "they couldn't get over on the main roster" is absolute horseshit to me, but to each their own

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2019, 01:30:47 PM »

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »
http://nodq.com/news/549742895.shtml
Dolph Ziggler, who has not appeared on WWE television since his steel cage match with Drew McIntyre on New Year’s Eve, is another name that is rumored to be leaving the company soon. Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com noted that Ziggler had reportedly turned down an offer to become a producer for WWE. Johnson added that ”sources claim he remains under a WWE deal (and some there have denied he is exiting at all) but others have been some pointing to 1/31 as an exit date.”

Nick Nemeth/Kenny Omega AEW invasion on Feb 1! Actually those two in a match would be pretty dope.

Adding fuel to the fire - he just opened a ProWrestlingTees store including merch with his real name.

Granted, Sami and KO still pop back up there and sell when they do angles about quitting and the Cruiserweights were maintaining shops on there but not as common for someone in Ziggler's spot.
[img width=800

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »
Now looking at this Ziggler stuff, I just saw he is doing a stand up show at the venue across the street from the Rumble immediately after the Rumble.  Bruce Prichard is doing a live show there that morning so I can only imagine the unique smells that venue will have.
[img width=800

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2019, 02:46:57 PM »
I hope Ziggler goes, he's been incredibly stale and boring forever and ever. There are so many guys who deserve a main roster spot and he's just taking up space. I can't imagine ever wanting to see him doing a different gimmick or anything but anythings possible.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2019, 03:24:18 PM »
bah gawd a hotel key and he DONT KNOW. That was a ton of mini-segments in just a few minutes and they all forwarded the storylines. I don't think Becky looked like a punk. She also cut a really good promo at the start about how everyone is trying to copy her and the difference between her and asuka.

Oh, the promo was great. Which is a testament to how over Becky is, since I usually skip those things. I'm talking about how long it took her to dispatch Peyton Royce, compared to how Asuka made short work of Billie Kay.

Yeah but Billie Kay sucks.

Agree to disagree.

Lol, hard for you to know since I don't think I've ever opined on the subject but Billie Kay is my favorite wrestler. I was joking at how the WWE treats her, she's only had 1 singles win since being called up, two tag wins but Peyton got the pin in both of those. Even in nxt Peyton would always get the pin if they won (which was even rare there) and Billie would eat the pin if they lost. They book her like she's the literal worst wrestler ever even though in SHIMMER she was fantastic and really over with the crowd no matter who she was in there with. It's pretty sad.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2019, 01:16:36 AM »
I hope Ziggler goes, he's been incredibly stale and boring forever and ever. There are so many guys who deserve a main roster spot and he's just taking up space. I can't imagine ever wanting to see him doing a different gimmick or anything but anythings possible.

Same.  Ziggler leaving is better for all of us.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2019, 01:34:47 AM »
[img width=800

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2019, 02:13:18 AM »
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/01/17/ziggler-turns-down-an-offer-to-become-a-wwe-producer/

Dolph Ziggler has removed his WWE name from his social media accounts, fueling speculation he may be leaving the company after January 31st. Ziggler last appeared on the December 31st episode of Raw, losing to Drew McIntyre in a steel cage match.

According to Mike Johnson, Ziggler turned down WWE’s offer to become a producer.

Ziggler announced in December that he would be touring the country doing a stand up comedy events.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2019, 03:16:06 AM »
Lol, hard for you to know since I don't think I've ever opined on the subject but Billie Kay is my favorite wrestler. I was joking at how the WWE treats her, she's only had 1 singles win since being called up, two tag wins but Peyton got the pin in both of those. Even in nxt Peyton would always get the pin if they won (which was even rare there) and Billie would eat the pin if they lost. They book her like she's the literal worst wrestler ever even though in SHIMMER she was fantastic and really over with the crowd no matter who she was in there with. It's pretty sad.

Right? Like, I know that my feelings about these two women are complicated by my memories of them on the indies, but I don't know how anybody can look at KC Cassidy and Jessie McKay, and think that KC is the better prospect, so I feel like the only reason why Peyton Royce is considered better than Billie Kay is because... Triple H decided. I stipulate to being super-biased in that regard.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2019, 03:27:33 AM »
I'm not super familiar with Billie outside of NXT but she's always been my favourite of the Iconic Duo. Her big boot delivery is on point to the level where I feel like she's actually kicking the face off of her opponent.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2019, 03:30:34 AM »
I don't like either one.

Offline CookieMueller

• CXF Writer
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2019, 04:09:28 AM »

Right? Like, I know that my feelings about these two women are complicated by my memories of them on the indies, but I don't know how anybody can look at KC Cassidy and Jessie McKay, and think that KC is the better prospect, so I feel like the only reason why Peyton Royce is considered better than Billie Kay is because... Triple H decided. I stipulate to being super-biased in that regard.

Peyton is like 5 years younger. That's the only logical reason that I can think of.

I'm not super familiar with Billie outside of NXT but she's always been my favourite of the Iconic Duo. Her big boot delivery is on point to the level where I feel like she's actually kicking the face off of her opponent.

The boot is fantastic, I agree. When she hits it on girls of a certain height it's just brutal looking. On the indies she used a sitout uranage as a finisher that she executed really well. She also regularly hit hurricanranas which looked good because of her relative height. She had some great indie matches with people like Del Rey, Asuka, Ember Moon, Madison Eagles and most every other indie girl from the late-00s. I remember a really enjoyable 15-20 minute SHIMMER match with Nicole Matthews. And she was super over as a babyface for her whole run there.

Having said all that, she's in a different body now and I'm not sure how much of that she could even do anymore. I also think she has struggled with silent injuries for most of her time in nxt/wwe. She's had multiple concussions just that I'm aware of, and a few times she's just not wrestled for months.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2019, 04:40:28 AM »
I just Googled her pre-WWE name and I didn't even recognize her at first..

Offline CookieMueller

• CXF Writer
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2019, 07:03:37 AM »
Yeah, you should definitely watch some of those pre-wwe matches, if you're at all into women's wrestling. If all you know is "Billie Kay" you're in for a real treat, imo.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2019, 07:31:51 AM »
That nickname didn't do her any favors, though: "Everybody's Favorite Girlfriend" is wild problematic. I'm sure that it was meant to intone "The Girl Next Door," but the unfortunate implications... man.

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:07 AM »
Yeah, that's a terrible nickname and am shocked it wasn't meant with any implications.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2019, 08:39:44 AM »
Jessie McKay was my first SHIMMER crush and I remembered she disappeared for a year and then somehow got signed. I thought she retired. But yeah, its clear they see more in Peyton than they do her.

DTF

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin

Offline Tino Standard

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2019, 10:00:59 AM »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

If this went down as described here, that’s pretty shitty on Maria’s part. I get that wrestlers can’t be expected to address every rumor out there, but if you think Ryan Satin is big enough that you have to shoot down his reporting after his story comes out, maybe he was big enough that you should have given more than a “no comment” when he gave you the chance to set the record straight before the article was published.

Online Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »
?s=21

Ummmm.....

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2019, 02:43:18 PM »
Jesus..

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
[img width=800

Offline NYU

« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2019, 01:12:56 AM »
Maria Kanellis did scam WWE though. I don't see the problem in that statement.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2019, 03:16:17 AM »
Unless you have direct insight into their lives, and whether or not this was planned, and if it was planned whether WWE knew ahead of time and still signed them (they'd do it).. it's kind of shitty to call someone getting pregnant and going on mat leave a "scammer" just because it happened a few months after getting their new job. This happens in the "real world" all the time. Are those women "scammers" too?

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2019, 04:28:48 AM »
I don't necessarily believe it was a scam but, it does indeed seem as though WWE was willing to work with Maria about her pregnancy. So, if it is true that she asked for her release, I am curious as to what would have changed between then and now that would make her decide to leave?

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2019, 04:46:02 AM »
She didn’t like how she and her husband were being used or didn’t get along with other talent or many possible scenarios.  Revival allegedly does the same and people react with a “good! I hope they go to AEW”.    Maria potentially does the same thing and she’s a scammer because....?

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2019, 04:49:34 AM »
Ryan Satin's an idiot. Nothing to see here.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Admin
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2019, 04:55:19 AM »
She didn’t like how she and her husband were being used or didn’t get along with other talent or many possible scenarios.  Revival allegedly does the same and people react with a “good! I hope they go to AEW”.    Maria potentially does the same thing and she’s a scammer because....?

Because she's a woman, duh.

These wrestlers don't owe whatever company they work for a goddamn thing.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2019, 05:21:52 AM »
She didn’t like how she and her husband were being used or didn’t get along with other talent or many possible scenarios.
Hasn't she been on maternity leave, while her husband was in rehab? How were they supposed to have been used?

Online Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2019, 05:52:04 AM »
It's a "scam" because if you're a woman in WWE you're expected not to get pregnant. You're letting your personal life interfere with their plans, or something. They fired Dawn Marie for it many years ago and while they wouldn't do that now I'm sure their attitudes haven't changed.

I knew Mike and Maria were a dead act when they weren't even on the Smackdown right after the PPV where they debuted.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:32 AM »
Or you can be a Bella or Maryse and having a kid on your various reality show platforms where they can get something out of it and then they come back basically to do the same act they were doing before and while those acts aren’t full time because they have other interests and obligations they fulfill for the company, it shows the company largely doesn’t see it as a scarlet letter as it once did.  In fact, Maria was used essentially the same post pregnancy, which is to say, barely at all.

The old guard within the company certainly see female talent having pregnancies as a negative while the newer element of the company with how they’ve treated it at least publicly shows they have changed their perspective of it, mostly because they are more brand and socially aware with these things for the most part.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2019, 06:25:35 AM »
More importantly,  WWE announced that Rey and Andrade will have 2/3 Falls Match on smackdown.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2019, 07:30:14 AM »
Or you can be a Bella or Maryse and having a kid on your various reality show platforms where they can get something out of it and then they come back basically to do the same act they were doing before and while those acts aren’t full time because they have other interests and obligations they fulfill for the company, it shows the company largely doesn’t see it as a scarlet letter as it once did.  In fact, Maria was used essentially the same post pregnancy, which is to say, barely at all.

The old guard within the company certainly see female talent having pregnancies as a negative while the newer element of the company with how they’ve treated it at least publicly shows they have changed their perspective of it, mostly because they are more brand and socially aware with these things for the most part.
When you put it that way, it is surprising that WWE never integrated Maria into Total Divas. You'd have to think that, had they thought to create that show during her first run, it would have been built around her.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2019, 07:34:53 AM »

When you put it that way, it is surprising that WWE never integrated Maria into Total Divas. You'd have to think that, had they thought to create that show during her first run, it would have been built around her.

Allegedly and this has been debated by all parties but at one point, Maria as well as Maryse once claimed the Bellas played against them and kept them from appearing on Total Divas.   Maryse obviously has since joined the show and got her own spin off, so either Maria wasn’t interested or she wasn’t asked.   

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2019, 07:50:29 AM »
Supposing, for the sake of argument, that there was any truth to those rumors, what would you reckon the chances are that renewed friction between Maria and the Bellas could have contributed to any potential dissatisfaction?

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »
Let's focus on the REAL NEWS

MONGO outs OBAMA as a wrestling fan

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/01/steve-mongo-mcmichael-on-being-a-wcw-commentator-649990/

The Chicago Bears won the Super Bowl after the 1985 season, but they didn't get to visit the White House due to the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. So when Barack Obama became President, he invited the team to the White House some 25 years after their victory.

"You know what [Obama] said to me," Mongo asked. "We're standing in line and he's shaking our hands and he said to me, 'You cut your ponytail off!' That's when I knew he was a wrestling fan. He knew me, he's from Chicago!"
[img width=800

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2019, 08:31:44 AM »
Wrestling fans become presidents.   Good news for President Tye Dye Guy in 2024!