Author Topic: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams - 2/3/19 at 6:30/3:30 PM  (Read 950 times)

Description: 2001 Rematch, Brady vs. Goff, Belichick vs. McVay

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
Re: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams - 2/3/19 at 6:30/3:30 PM
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:28 AM »
I'm sure there's some Patriots fatigue there, but the lack of Rams fans at the stadium and the fact that the LA market was like 6th (and lower than the national rating) should be pretty concerning for the NFL.  Imagine if the Chargers had made it; the neutral fans probably would have easily outnumbered both teams'.

The Rams are a young team on the rise and their fanbase just doesn't seem to care.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 05:02:49 AM »
Ratings came in as the worst in 10 years. This is good news as the league now has to push new talent and end the Patriots main event run.

So...are you implying that THE LEAGUE is keeping the Patriot Dynasty alive somehow? Really?

KKK Bowl II Champion New York Giants
2005 TSM Fantasy Baseball Champion Pawtucket Red Sox
2006 TSM Fantasy Football Champion Pawtucket Patriots!!!
2011 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TSM H2H Fantasy Football Champion

PSN ID: Theschill

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
Ratings came in as the worst in 10 years. This is good news as the league now has to push new talent and end the Patriots main event run.

It probably had more due to the Rams.  Louisiana in particular (usually one of their stronger markets) had horrible ratings.
To be fair, someone pointed out in the "Boycott Bowl" facebook group that just the Boston market numbers would negate any boycotting the New Orleans market (including West Mississippi) did. I don't have raw data in front of me, but my general understanding is that New Orleans is bottom 3 with Buffalo and Green Bay in population of NFL team cities.