Author Topic: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams - 2/3/19 at 6:30/3:30 PM  (Read 1316 times)

Description: 2001 Rematch, Brady vs. Goff, Belichick vs. McVay

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Re: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams - 2/3/19 at 6:30/3:30 PM
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:28 AM »
I'm sure there's some Patriots fatigue there, but the lack of Rams fans at the stadium and the fact that the LA market was like 6th (and lower than the national rating) should be pretty concerning for the NFL.  Imagine if the Chargers had made it; the neutral fans probably would have easily outnumbered both teams'.

The Rams are a young team on the rise and their fanbase just doesn't seem to care.

Online Cartman

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 05:02:49 AM »
Ratings came in as the worst in 10 years. This is good news as the league now has to push new talent and end the Patriots main event run.

So...are you implying that THE LEAGUE is keeping the Patriot Dynasty alive somehow? Really?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
Ratings came in as the worst in 10 years. This is good news as the league now has to push new talent and end the Patriots main event run.

It probably had more due to the Rams.  Louisiana in particular (usually one of their stronger markets) had horrible ratings.
To be fair, someone pointed out in the "Boycott Bowl" facebook group that just the Boston market numbers would negate any boycotting the New Orleans market (including West Mississippi) did. I don't have raw data in front of me, but my general understanding is that New Orleans is bottom 3 with Buffalo and Green Bay in population of NFL team cities.