Author Topic: TWIW 1/21/19 - 1/27/19 - Desert Royal Rumble = WWE New Direction is a Mirage  (Read 3034 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
It's Martin Luther King Day to kick off a big wrestling week - which means Vince will be airing a big tribute to MLK

RAW's major announced match for tonight is Ronda Rousey and Natalya taking on Sasha Banks and Bayley before the Women's Championship showdown this Sunday at the Rumble

Smackdown has already announced the single named Andrade taking on Rey Mysterio in 2 out of 3 falls action as well as Mustafa Ali going one on one with Samoa Joe and The Miz taking on Cesaro

Saturday is a Takeover with a loaded card and the Royal Rumble Sunday, not accounting for the variety of other WWE Network shows taking place throughout the week
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Super hyped for Smackdown. Rey/Andrade is going to be fantastic. They're also doing AJ/Daniel in a debate moderated by Vince which should be hilarious.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
I forgot the debate and Mandy Rose vs Naomi.

So Smackdown announces almost the wholenshow which equates to a stacked and built card.  RAW may have some fart jokes.
[img width=800

Online strummer

So Vince is heel again I take it

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
This has been going for 15 minutes and Finn hasn't popped up dressed like a demon or anything...
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Tino Standard

They can’t even be bothered to put custom side plates on the Universal title for Lesnar anymore.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
Revival are idiots for trying to cheat even when they have an advantage.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
The Revival are going to job to Broskis on the way out!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Invalid Tweet ID
[img width=800

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
bryan is so great. he can build up dudes while still seeming like an asshole.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Didn't get to watch RAW yet but according to Reddit this set up Hawkins and Ryder becoming tag champions at Wrestlemania and Sasha got naked so it sounds like I missed it all
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
AJ Styles went on Steven Crowder's show and talked about how he didn't what the Gillette ad was going for and being concerned to speak his mind on Twitter cause he's afraid the PC crowd will go after.

Now I really want to see D-Bry kick him in the face on Sunday. 

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
And in interest of fairness, if they're going to allow AJ Styles to be interviewed by Steven Crowder, they should let Daniel Bryan be interviewed on Democracy Now

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
AJ is someone that the less I know about him outside of wrestling the better off I am.

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
AJ Styles has some trash opinions. I would be shocked into awe if he ever said anything remotely progressive tbh. At least The Undertaker has been silent all these years.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Yeah, AJ might be the best wrestler in the world but he's one of the more bigoted competitors outside the ring with his flat earth believing/anti-Muslim views. I'm surprised the (seemingly) liberal Elite got along with him so well but I get getting along with someone as long as you don't discuss politics.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
AJ Styles went on Steven Crowder's show and talked about how he didn't what the Gillette ad was going for and being concerned to speak his mind on Twitter cause he's afraid the PC crowd will go after.
lmao oh AJ and his fragile masculinity

Edit:

“When I watched the commercial I was trying to understand who they were talking to,” Styles questioned. “I have a wife, and a daughter … and 3 boys … but, I think about my daughter. So I had to find out what this was. What was so toxic. And apparently, from what I’m understanding, it was just … being mean to women?”

AJ and host Steven Crowder then griped about how the idea of toxic masculinity is hard to follow, as Styles added: “I just didn’t know who they were talking to and it kinda made me angry.”

“I feel like my job as a man is to take care of women,” the WWE star continued. “I’m gonna stand up for my wife. I’m supposed to be a provider. I’m gonna take care of her. I’m gonna protect her. Same thing with my daughter. She’s only 4, but as she gets older she’s gonna want to date. I expect this guy to come over, pick my daughter up, open the door for her. Things I think a man should do.”

Then, to prove a point about obscene “locker room talk” being overblown, the host asked AJ if the conversation of rape is ever brought up in the WWE locker room. Styles obviously answers no.

The topic of the Gillette commercial was touched upon once again later in the interview. Styles pointed to one part of the ad where a boss puts his hands on a female employee’s shoulder and corrects what she’s saying. “Well what did she say before?! Maybe he’s sticking up for her? Maybe she did say something that was wrong …”

“I didn’t even know about this toxic stuff going on,” AJ additionally explained. “I’m a man. I’ve got testosterone going through my body. We are different than women. It’s just the way it is and some men will never change.”

Holy fuck, what a dumbass this guy is.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
“I feel like my job as a man is to take care of women,”

“I’m a man. I’ve got testosterone going through my body. We are different than women. It’s just the way it is and some men will never change.”

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
For those that don't know who Steven Crowder is (I only learned of him recently), this is the kind of merch he peddles on his website:

Invalid Tweet ID

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
AJ is someone that the less I know about him outside of wrestling the better off I am.

Yeah that's how I am. I watch videos where he's showing off his big retro video game collection and I almost like him, then I remember how awful his opinions are.

Offline Gary

• Last of the Independents
  • CXF Writer
Fun fact: Crowder used to work for Fox News, then got fired when video of him harassing a union worker led to him getting punched in the face by said worker. Also, almost everyone who worked at the network found him obnoxious, and even Hannity dumped on him by saying he's not funny.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer

I think working an armbar might be a better option.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Aiden English has been added to the 205 Live announce team.  Article states he remains on Smackdown active roster as well

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-205-live/2019-01-22/article/aiden-english-joins-the-wwe-205-live-commentary-team
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
PCO is in ROH, which has its own thread, Brody

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/vickie-guerrero-trump-border-wall/?fbclid=IwAR2eu5wxitoxTZvP-T0zzw5GV6wSzq24u0b0oA2rCkE6q-Hf3jqX7hXeOW4#.XEeZfFxKjIV
Vickie Guerrero supports the Border Wall. Maybe she should manage AJ Styles.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
"I Wanna Be Lynched" sign in the crowd.  Someone probably should have rethought that idea.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Mustafa Ali is on the correct show that actually asks us to take him seriously.

Online strummer

Ali promo was great

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
THE PLANET'S CHAMPION DANIEL BRYAN!

Online strummer

God damn Bryan is at another level now.  So damn good

Offline Tino Standard

If dragging baby boomers is supposed to make Daniel Bryan a heel, I’m afraid I have some bad news

Offline Kahran Ramsus

Good chance they aren't having the problems with Revival wanting out that they currently are if they were on Smackdown having matches with New Day, The Bar, and the Usos.  A lot of guys are/would be definitely better off on Smackdown.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin

Good chance they aren't having the problems with Revival wanting out that they currently are if they were on Smackdown having matches with New Day, The Bar, and the Usos.  A lot of guys are/would be definitely better off on Smackdown.

They would. It's the lack of emphasis on the division as a whole and the shortness of the matches that seems to be the gripe.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
I'm still shocked they haven't told Rey to 86 the Canadian Destroyers he's suddenly throwing out there.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

They would. It's the lack of emphasis on the division as a whole and the shortness of the matches that seems to be the gripe.

Those guys have had long matches and lots of screentime in the past.  Bludgeons too before they got hurt.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
i can watch rey vs andrade every week for a while I think.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
that was still a motyc with the ending. They actually remembered they had a rumble match to build at the end of the day and it leaves room for more and still gave rey ability to say he had andrade beat.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
That was a fine last hour of wrestling.  It still seems like the crowd isn't taking to Ali, which is a damn shame.  We can't blame the booking for that.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Under the radar, WWE announced an injury for Cena the other day.  The injury is a work to take him out of the Rumble as reports say he never was going to work the Rumble but was supposed to get taken out by Lars Sullivan in storyline.
[img width=800

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
Should have just had Drew take him out.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Tino Standard

So, they spent weeks promoting Lesnar-Strowman with no intention of actually delivering it, and also Cena in the Rumble even though that was never the plan either.

You can put your company on the stock exchange. You can sign billion dollar TV deals with major networks. You can launch your own over-the-top subscription service that becomes a model for the industry. But in the end, let there be no doubt: Carnies gonna carny.

Online strummer

HHH revealed in the NXT conference call that he has been cleared to train.  Ha, he's workin' Mania.  LOL

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Bryan has to work Otis. The payoff to Bryan’s complaints on consuming meat is STEAKS AND WEIGHTS.
[img width=800

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
HHH revealed in the NXT conference call that he has been cleared to train.  Ha, he's workin' Mania.  LOL

Not giving up that Batista program.

Offline Sabre

Not giving up that Batista program payday.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
[img width=800

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
I've got nothing against Dutt but Abyss is beyond awful.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
I feel like Sonjay was rumored for the CWC or something to do with the Cruiserweights at some point.  That's probably a fine plan.

Abyss in 2019?  I have no idea what they would even do with him at this point.
[img width=800

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Both have been working as bookers/producers for Impact. I'm guessing they'll be doing the same thing for WWE.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion