Author Topic: 2019 WWE Hall of Fame  (Read 3033 times)

Description:

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: 2019 WWE Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2019, 06:33:41 AM »
https://www.gerweck.net/2019/03/11/chynas-hall-of-fame-induction-was-vital-for-billy-gunns-acceptance/

“When WWE contacted me about putting DX in the Hall of Fame, my first question was “Is Chyna going with us?” That was a dealbreaker. She was as important as anyone in that group. I wouldn’t have accepted or even went, if she wasn’t being inducted.” - “Bad Ass” Billy Gunn.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »
So for Booker T -

1. Singles
2. Harlem Heat

And we can probably add
3. NWO

So for him to stick to a certain gimmick we need:

4. GI Bro
5. Misfits in Action.

Then he can be a 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, WWE Hall of Famer.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »
Harlem Heat deserve it. Just wish they'd but Sherri in again with them.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
Torrie is a big shoulder shrug. They seem like they need to hit a dead guy/tag team/woman yearly unless I’m just off.

for a minute I thought she died, DAMN SON phew

Online Next Big Comedy Star

• brock lock
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:05 AM »
Torrie is a big shoulder shrug. They seem like they need to hit a dead guy/tag team/woman yearly unless I’m just off.

for a minute I thought she died, DAMN SON phew

The more I think of it, I like Torrie as a hall of famer more than Ivory or Jacqueline. She was usually pushed as the top woman of Smackdown for two or three years. I mean there's like 25 other dubious HOFers male or female, so I'm okay with Torrie.

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »
I don't get the bitching against Harlem Heat. Stevie Ray isn't going in as a singles wrestler and this is a team that had the most title reigns in WCW history. It's not like it's an over jobber act going in.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
damn who are the people complaining? Harlem Heat ruled.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2019, 01:18:05 AM »
I don't get the hate at tag teams or stables going in. Sometimes the sum is more important than the parts. Most fans could name you The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (as one tag team example) or The Four Horsemen or either incarnation of DX over the individual members and to me, that shouldn't be a knock against the individuals if inducted.

Online Next Big Comedy Star

• brock lock
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2019, 01:39:23 AM »

I know it's a cesspool, but Pro Wrestling Only seems pretty damned outraged. I mean Hillbilly Jim, The Godfather, Ivory, Torrie Wilson, Koko B. Ware, The Bushwhackers, Drew Carey, Kid Rock, and Jacqueline are already in their Hall of Fame. Harlem Heat have better credentials than a lot of Hall Of Famers.

Offline Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2019, 01:52:56 AM »
If we're talking actual HOF standards, Stevie Ray doesn't deserve induction on his own. I like Stevie and have nothing against the guy but he didn't have much of a career outside of teaming with his brother. However, this is WWE we're talking about and they just induct anyone they want. Harlem Heat ruled and I definitely think they deserve to be inducted from a pure HOF standpoint (featured prominently, multi-time tag champs) but it's not like WWE were looking very hard at their career when making this call.

My only problem with DX's induction is that X-Pac and especially Chyna also deserve induction on their own merits and probably won't get it. X-Pac helped changed the way small guys were perceived in the big leagues dating back to the early 90s and doesn't get enough credit for it. He was a prominent player in the Attitude Era as well. The stench of "X-Pac heat" sort of tarnished his legacy over time even though he's started to get some of that cred back in the last few years. Chyna's career speaks for itself but HHH and Steph don't want their kids googling her.

The New Age Outlaws deserve to go in as team on their own but I'm not as mad that they're being lumped in with DX as much as the other two.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2019, 03:20:58 AM »
I posted this last year on PWO but I'll post a revised version for this year:

Just for the hell of it, here are the Placetobenation top 100 WWE Wrestlers of All Time and where they stand as far as the Hall of Fame goes. "Ineligible" indicates that they have been active in recent years, even though they may be officially or unofficially retired. I just used 5 years as a bench mark for "full time" performers to be eligible, similar to NBA, NFL, etc.

1. Randy Savage - IN

2. Steve Austin - IN

3. Hulk Hogan - IN

4. John Cena - OUT/ACTIVE

5. Bret Hart - IN

6. Shawn Michaels - IN

7. The Rock - OUT/ELIGIBLE

8. Bruno Sammartino - IN

9. The Undertaker - OUT/ELIGIBLE

10. Chris Jericho - OUT/INELIGIBLE

11. Mick Foley - IN

12. Roddy Piper - IN

13. Eddie Guerrero - IN

14. Kurt Angle - IN

15. CM Punk - OUT/ELIGIBLE

16. Brock Lesnar - OUT/ACTIVE

17. Daniel Bryan - OUT/ACTIVE

18. Andre the Giant - IN

19. Bob Backlund - IN

20. Rey Mysterio - OUT/ACTIVE

21. Triple H - OUT/ELIGIBLE/MORTAL LOCK

22. Owen Hart - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

23. Ric Flair - IN

24. Edge - IN

25. Mr. Perfect - IN

26. Ted DiBiase - IN

27. Jake Roberts - IN

28. Tito Santana - IN

29. Ricky Steamboat - IN

30. Greg Valentine - IN

31. Batista - OUT/INELIGIBLE

32. Jeff Hardy - OUT/ACTIVE

33. Sgt. Slaughter - IN

34. Christian - OUT/INELIGIBLE

35. AJ Styles - OUT/ACTIVE

36. Goldust - OUT/ACTIVE

37. Randy Orton - OUT/ACTIVE

38. Ultimate Warrior - IN

39. Scott Hall - IN

40. Roman Reigns - OUT/ACTIVE

41. Davey Boy Smith - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

42. Rick Rude - IN

43. Big Show - OUT/INELIGIBLE

44. Matt Hardy - OUT/ACTIVE

45. The Miz - OUT/ACTIVE

46. Paul Orndorff - IN

47. William Regal - OUT/ELIGIBLE

48. Chris Benoit - OUT/DECEASED/BLACKLISTED

49. Mr. McMahon - OUT/MORTAL LOCK

50. Booker T - IN

51. Sean Waltman- 2019 CLASS

52. Big Boss Man - IN

53. Sheamus - OUT/ACTIVE

54. Billy Graham - IN

55. Rob Van Dam - OUT/INELIGIBLE

56. Rick Martel - OUT/ELIGIBLE

57. Mark Henry - OUT/INELIGIBLE

58. Cesaro - OUT/ACTIVE

59. John Bradshaw Layfield - OUT/ELIGIBLE

60. Kevin Nash - IN

61. Yokozuna - IN

62. Pat Patterson - IN

63. Kane - OUT/ACTIVE

64. Seth Rollins - OUT/ACTIVE

65. Iron Sheik - IN

66. Trish Stratus - IN

67. Pedro Morales - IN

68. Charlotte Flair - OUT/ACTIVE

69. Kevin Owens - OUT/ACTIVE

70. Jimmy Snuka - IN

71. Adrian Adonis - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

72. Bobby Heenan - IN

73. Dean Ambrose - OUT/ACTIVE

74. Jerry Lawler - IN

75. Sasha Banks - OUT/ACTIVE

76. Ken Patera - OUT/ELIGIBLE

77. Marty Jannetty - OUT/ELIGIBLE

78. Honky Tonk Man - 2019 CLASS

79. Earthquake - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

80. Don Muraco - IN

81. Dolph Ziggler - OUT/ACTIVE

82. Dynamite Kid - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

83. Sid - OUT/ELIGIBLE

84. Bob Orton, Jr. - IN

85. Bam Bam Bigelow - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

86. Ivan Koloff - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

87. Kofi Kingston - OUT/ACTIVE

88. Dusty Rhodes - IN

89. Terry Funk - IN

90. Finlay - OUT/ELIGIBLE

91. Bill Eadie - OUT/ELIGIBLE

92. Lita - IN

93. Jim Duggan - IN

94. Gorilla Monsoon - IN

95. Larry Zbyszko - IN

96. Sami Zayn - OUT/ACTIVE

97. Haku - OUT/ELIGIBLE

98. Rikishi - IN

99. Bayley - OUT/ACTIVE

100. Asuka - OUT/ACTIVE

So, here is a listing of those that are "eligible" (meaning not recently retired or active) to go in:

1. The Rock

2. The Undertaker

3. CM Punk

4. Triple H

5. Owen Hart

6. Davey Boy Smith

7. William Regal

8. Chris Benoit

9. Mr. McMahon

10. Rick Martel

11. John Bradshaw Layfield

12. Adrian Adonis

13. Ken Patera

14. Marty Jannetty

15. Honky Tonk Man

16. Earthquake

17. Dynamite Kid

18. Sid

19. Bam Bam Bigelow

20. Ivan Koloff

21. Finlay

22. Bill Eadie

23. Haku

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2019, 05:36:08 AM »
I completely forgot that Rude was inducted in 2017.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline NYU

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »
I still find their decision making on the nominees this year a little suspect. I support Honky Tonk Man being inducted but it would have came across a lot better to induct Chyna, X-Pac, and the New Age Outlaws as separate entities instead of lumping them in as one group.

Nominating Harlem Heat when Booker T is already in is nonsense. Stevie Ray was simply one out of a billion average guys that have been involved with wrestling and never really did anything to stand out. There are plenty of other guys who had more of an impact and deserve to be inducted more. And I still think Torrie Wilson making it while others like Miss Elizabeth, Luna Vachon, Molly Holly, Victoria, Sable...hell, even Vickie Guerrero...have not made the cut yet is silly.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 01:28:30 PM »
Vince Sr.'s limo driver is in. Let's not forget that. And Harlem Heat were the top WCW team for years, so it isn't any kind of problem, anyway.

I'm just assuming the Vickie suggestion is a hyperbolic joke.

Offline NYU

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 01:42:56 PM »
Not a joke at all. For a period of time, she was the most over person on the roster. She was also involved in a number of memorable main event angles. Despite not having the look or personality of someone normally involved with wrestling, she managed to take the tragedy of her husband’s untimely death and turn it into a multi-year stint with the company as one of their hottest heels. I certainly think there’s more justification to enter her into the Hall over Torrie Wilson who, again, wasn’t involved in a single memorable angle besides the one involving her father that might have literally been the worst shit WWE has ever written.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
Torrie is one of the few WCW pickups who thrived after the Invasion, got mainstream exposure, was literally female face of the company for over ten years, is still very recognizable to casual fans of the time, and most importantly drew more money.

Vickie's career was because her husband died and the most memorable things she's known for are screeching and being humiliated in various ways. Deserves FAR less attention, and she was willing to let a storyline happen where her recently dead husband was essentially mocked and "in hell," which is worse than any Al Wilson. She'll get in, of course, but to say she deserves it more than Torrie is absurd.

Offline NYU

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
I really feel like you’re stretching her value to its absolute limit and beyond. Her claim to fame in WWE was posing for Playboy twice. That’s it. She absolutely brought the company money for doing so but her value ended there. If that’s the extent of the “mainstream attention” you’re talking about, then we have two totally different standards for what is considered a benchmark for being mainstream. Outside of WWE, she had zero name recognition. The most famous she possibly ever was is likely when she dated A-Rod but she wasn’t even still in WWE at that time.

To your other point, she wasn’t even in the company for ten years let alone was ever considered the “female face.” Trish and Lita were absolutely considered the top two women in the company for pretty much the entire time Torrie was there. I would even take exception that she is recognizable to casual fans of the time nowadays. She was beautiful and still is but, unlike Stacy Keibler and the long legs she was known for, Torrie never really had a distinguishing feature that made her stand out. You’re building her up as if she was a legend of her time and she wasn’t anywhere close to it.

At her peak, she was a mid card talent on the B-show that was involved in an angle that was universally panned. She couldn’t wrestle, she had no mic skills and no discernible personality. I have no ill will towards Torrie Wilson but I absolutely do not understand the high regard you’re holding towards her.

Meanwhile, with Vickie, she took a position that was offered to her out of pity and managed to run with it. Despite being the grieving widow of a beloved legend, her mic skills and her character work managed to get entire arenas to boo the living hell out of her. She was always game to get involved physically despite being older and not nearly as fit as the other ladies and was willing to do whatever the storyline called for. She was involved in main event angles with Edge, The Undertaker, Dolph Ziggler, etc and was one of the few female General Managers they have had which is a major role within the company. To paint her as someone willing to go along with a storyline mocking her late husband is pretty slimy. I doubt she was given much of a choice on the matter and considering at that point that she was the sole breadwinner of her household, I’m sure she didn’t have the luxury of rejecting storylines they were giving her.

I still believe that she deserves the honor more than Torrie. For both her professional accomplishments and for what she had to overcome in her personal life. It also helps that Vickie has been acknowledged as a beloved locker room figure for her time there and someone that the rest of the women respected and looked up to. I haven’t heard the same about Torrie but you seem to have the inside track on her so maybe you have knowledge that I don’t.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
Torrie not only was the literal poster girl for shows for quite some time. She was actually on maybe four of those, but the fact remains. The Playboys made her a pop culture figure for a VERY brief window of time, but she was still by far one of the most recognizable women they had. Trish and Lita were also on the other show, so while you can compare them, that doesn't mean Torrie was the top woman on Smackdown during that period whether you like it or not. I totally did space on the timeline, so I'll own up to that, however given how many PPV posters and appearances and merch and so on, it really is easy to get confused.

Of course Vickie had the "luxury." Come on. By that time, she was only involved because of Eddie's contract. It was definitely a call she could have at least put a little input on. No one had that luxury more than she did at that specific time when it came to all things Eddie. She and Chavo were cool with it and it happened. But more importantly, every angle you mentioned ended with her being humiliated and screeching, and if you don't think that was classic Vince sending a message, I dunno what to tell you. I can't post in braille . I feel like you're mixing up being over with being pushed. Vickie's shtick was perfectly fine for the first few months, then it kept going, and going, and immediately it just became one of the most unpleasant things on their television. It was always the same bit, and always the same ending. Her character work was to have obnoxious mic skills.

Again, this Hall of Fame has a limo driver in it. A limo driver. You're acting as though this isn't just a colossal goof where all the guys get to hang out and see their friends. It's also just as slimy saying that thinking someone should get in because their husband died and she overcame everything in her personal life means she should be justified an induction that would, at this present time, be out of pity (or because her daughter and son-in-law work there for the moment). Fucked up, man. I don't give a fuck about Torrie Wilson, but she contributed more, and she answered the phone when they called. She'll be the one hanging out with all her old friends and drinking heavy. This isn't the Cauliflower Alley Club, fam. This is where two of last years inductees just put a guy through a table and two more sang a country song, and none of them were Mildred Burke.

Offline strummer

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »
I think Vickie actually became better on the mic as time went on.  She was brutal at the beginning but by the time she was doing the stuff with Steph/HHH and Maddox in 2013/2014 I would say she was very good for what she was asked to do

But yeah she played the same character far too long with no variance

As for Torrie I would say her best "acting" and promos were with WCW with the David Flair stuff.  She wasn't that bad there but got pretty bad in WWE.  Remember when Angle "kidnapped" her in 2004? (I think Big Show saved her)  I was howling at how bad that scene was

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 02:21:11 AM »
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1067515-major-format-changes-wwe-hall-of-fame-ceremony

Rumored changes to the ceremony this year. I'm fine with them cutting down the speeches but call bullshit on them booting inductors.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »
Sometimes the inductors' speeches are more interesting than the actual inductee.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:57 AM »
The inductors serve the purpose of warming up the crowd and, above all, honoring somebody that is clearly special to them. Cut down on your PPVs, not something entirely designed to let fans and performers share what's usually an incredibly emotional moment. DDP inducting Jake Roberts is worth more than anything HHH is involved in on-air.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
We probably would’ve never gotten that Network episode of Photo Shoot with Jim Cornette or the Table for 3 episodes if not for him being asked to induct.  That’s something.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
I hate getting into WWE HOF arguments, so I'm not going to.  But Harlem Heat absolutely belongs in the tag-team wing of the HOF

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2019, 04:11:45 AM »
Right? I mean, let's just stipulate that there were only X number of tag teams allowed to be in the Hall of Fame, because of reasons. What's the value of X gotta be, in order to justify Harlem Heat not getting in?

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2019, 04:03:15 AM »
https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2019/article/sue-aitchison-2019-warrior-award

Longtime office employee to receive the Warrior award this year. THIS is exactly what the award was meant for. Backstage employees who never get their due by the general public.

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2019, 05:04:14 AM »
I guess as a trivia point, William Regal confirmed that Aitchison was the Duchess of Queensbury.

Offline strummer

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »
Atchison was Stephanie's secretary/assistant, right?

Offline Gert

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 02:36:41 PM »
I hate getting into WWE HOF arguments, so I'm not going to.  But Harlem Heat absolutely belongs in the tag-team wing of the HOF

Harlem Heat is the #2 tag team in the Ted Turner WCW era behind the Steiners. I've seen Stevie Ray's ridiculous elbow drop off the bottom rope, but they definitely should be in the HOF.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2019, 03:27:31 AM »
As Brody just pointed out, Hart Foundation are the latest inductees.

I know they have their problems with inducting Owen but I feel like adding Davey and Pillman to the group would have resonated better.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2019, 03:32:06 AM »
Nah because they're going to do that version later with Owen once they've worn down Martha or the kids give permission. There's a PLAN MAN.

Offline fisticuffs

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2019, 04:02:11 AM »

I know it's a cesspool, but Pro Wrestling Only seems pretty damned outraged. I mean Hillbilly Jim, The Godfather, Ivory, Torrie Wilson, Koko B. Ware, The Bushwhackers, Drew Carey, Kid Rock, and Jacqueline are already in their Hall of Fame. Harlem Heat have better credentials than a lot of Hall Of Famers.

Harlem Heat’s theme song deserves induction over all of those people.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2019, 07:25:01 AM »
I wanna know who gets dumped in the "legends we just don't want to devote time to" wing. I honestly hate how they do that, but it's been a highlight seeing legit guys get any kind of recognition.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2019, 07:33:18 AM »
I wanna know who gets dumped in the "legends we just don't want to devote time to" wing. I honestly hate how they do that, but it's been a highlight seeing legit guys get any kind of recognition.

Benoit
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2019, 07:36:07 AM »
Slip him in subtly though. Giant Baba, Spiros Arion, Sal Bellomo, Chris Benoit, Sky Low Low, Natasha the Hatchet Lady...

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2019, 10:36:46 AM »
The Radicalz, Chris Jericho's tag partner, the WM 20 main event.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »
Benoit should never be in.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »
He's in the WON HOF which is more legit.

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2019, 03:01:13 AM »
IT IS NOT UNTIL BIG DADDY GETS IN!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2019, 03:41:48 AM »
I posted this last year on PWO but I'll post a revised version for this year:

Just for the hell of it, here are the Placetobenation top 100 WWE Wrestlers of All Time and where they stand as far as the Hall of Fame goes. "Ineligible" indicates that they have been active in recent years, even though they may be officially or unofficially retired. I just used 5 years as a bench mark for "full time" performers to be eligible, similar to NBA, NFL, etc.

1. Randy Savage - IN

2. Steve Austin - IN

3. Hulk Hogan - IN

4. John Cena - OUT/ACTIVE

5. Bret Hart - IN

6. Shawn Michaels - IN

7. The Rock - OUT/ELIGIBLE

8. Bruno Sammartino - IN

9. The Undertaker - OUT/ELIGIBLE

10. Chris Jericho - OUT/INELIGIBLE

11. Mick Foley - IN

12. Roddy Piper - IN

13. Eddie Guerrero - IN

14. Kurt Angle - IN

15. CM Punk - OUT/ELIGIBLE

16. Brock Lesnar - OUT/ACTIVE

17. Daniel Bryan - OUT/ACTIVE

18. Andre the Giant - IN

19. Bob Backlund - IN

20. Rey Mysterio - OUT/ACTIVE

21. Triple H - OUT/ELIGIBLE/MORTAL LOCK

22. Owen Hart - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

23. Ric Flair - IN

24. Edge - IN

25. Mr. Perfect - IN

26. Ted DiBiase - IN

27. Jake Roberts - IN

28. Tito Santana - IN

29. Ricky Steamboat - IN

30. Greg Valentine - IN

31. Batista - OUT/INELIGIBLE

32. Jeff Hardy - OUT/ACTIVE

33. Sgt. Slaughter - IN

34. Christian - OUT/INELIGIBLE

35. AJ Styles - OUT/ACTIVE

36. Goldust - OUT/ACTIVE

37. Randy Orton - OUT/ACTIVE

38. Ultimate Warrior - IN

39. Scott Hall - IN

40. Roman Reigns - OUT/ACTIVE

41. Davey Boy Smith - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

42. Rick Rude - IN

43. Big Show - OUT/INELIGIBLE

44. Matt Hardy - OUT/ACTIVE

45. The Miz - OUT/ACTIVE

46. Paul Orndorff - IN

47. William Regal - OUT/ELIGIBLE

48. Chris Benoit - OUT/DECEASED/BLACKLISTED

49. Mr. McMahon - OUT/MORTAL LOCK

50. Booker T - IN

51. Sean Waltman- 2019 CLASS

52. Big Boss Man - IN

53. Sheamus - OUT/ACTIVE

54. Billy Graham - IN

55. Rob Van Dam - OUT/INELIGIBLE

56. Rick Martel - OUT/ELIGIBLE

57. Mark Henry - OUT/INELIGIBLE

58. Cesaro - OUT/ACTIVE

59. John Bradshaw Layfield - OUT/ELIGIBLE

60. Kevin Nash - IN

61. Yokozuna - IN

62. Pat Patterson - IN

63. Kane - OUT/ACTIVE

64. Seth Rollins - OUT/ACTIVE

65. Iron Sheik - IN

66. Trish Stratus - IN

67. Pedro Morales - IN

68. Charlotte Flair - OUT/ACTIVE

69. Kevin Owens - OUT/ACTIVE

70. Jimmy Snuka - IN

71. Adrian Adonis - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

72. Bobby Heenan - IN

73. Dean Ambrose - OUT/ACTIVE

74. Jerry Lawler - IN

75. Sasha Banks - OUT/ACTIVE

76. Ken Patera - OUT/ELIGIBLE

77. Marty Jannetty - OUT/ELIGIBLE

78. Honky Tonk Man - 2019 CLASS

79. Earthquake - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

80. Don Muraco - IN

81. Dolph Ziggler - OUT/ACTIVE

82. Dynamite Kid - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

83. Sid - OUT/ELIGIBLE

84. Bob Orton, Jr. - IN

85. Bam Bam Bigelow - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

86. Ivan Koloff - OUT/DECEASED/ELIGIBLE

87. Kofi Kingston - OUT/ACTIVE

88. Dusty Rhodes - IN

89. Terry Funk - IN

90. Finlay - OUT/ELIGIBLE

91. Bill Eadie - OUT/ELIGIBLE

92. Lita - IN

93. Jim Duggan - IN

94. Gorilla Monsoon - IN

95. Larry Zbyszko - IN

96. Sami Zayn - OUT/ACTIVE

97. Haku - OUT/ELIGIBLE

98. Rikishi - IN

99. Bayley - OUT/ACTIVE

100. Asuka - OUT/ACTIVE

So, here is a listing of those that are "eligible" (meaning not recently retired or active) to go in:

1. The Rock

2. The Undertaker

3. CM Punk

4. Triple H

5. Owen Hart

6. Davey Boy Smith

7. William Regal

8. Chris Benoit

9. Mr. McMahon

10. Rick Martel

11. John Bradshaw Layfield

12. Adrian Adonis

13. Ken Patera

14. Marty Jannetty

15. Honky Tonk Man

16. Earthquake

17. Dynamite Kid

18. Sid

19. Bam Bam Bigelow

20. Ivan Koloff

21. Finlay

22. Bill Eadie

23. Haku

I didn't see the Steiners on your list: are they already in?

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2019, 04:02:20 AM »
You think the WWE would give Scott or Rick a live mic?

The Steiner aren't in it.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2019, 04:44:06 AM »
Scott burned all his bridges badly.

Why is Christian considered Ineligible?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:26 AM »
Scott burned all his bridges badly.

Why is Christian considered Ineligible?

He wrestled full-time within the past 5 years.  It is nothing more than an unofficial "cutoff" date I used to make it similar to other sports halls.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »
John Tenta not being in is kind of crazy given Yoko and Vader are in.  Maybe they've asked his family and they just aren't interested?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2019, 08:43:54 PM »
He was still close to wrestling as a whole towards the end, his friendship with the Wrestlecrap guy is well known. So if he had beef with the E privately, that'd make sense.

I'd venture to guess if that was the case, it'd be over the Golga character.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »
Vader is not in the HOF.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2019, 02:04:32 AM »
He was still close to wrestling as a whole towards the end, his friendship with the Wrestlecrap guy is well known. So if he had beef with the E privately, that'd make sense.

I'd venture to guess if that was the case, it'd be over the Golga character.

I don't think he was mad at them. He showed up as Earthquake at Wrestlemania X-7. They aren't into inducting a lot of dead guys into the Hall the same year. They could do the Natural Disasters and have Tugboat show up.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2019, 07:11:42 AM »
Oh snap! I forgot about the Gimmick Battle Royal! Good call.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2019, 07:15:04 AM »
So was Taz making the hall just a rumor or does he get inducted next week?

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2019, 07:15:28 AM »
He also had a few dark matches in 2001. There wasn't any bad blood between him and the company and I'm sure he'll be inducted one day