Author Topic: 2019 NFL Week 8: NFL Trades a Plenty as Deadline Nears  (Read 916 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
2019 NFL Week 8: NFL Trades a Plenty as Deadline Nears
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
Multiple deals have been happening including S Quandre Diggs being shipped from Detroit to Seattle for multiple picks. The other big deal was Emmanuel Sanders landing in San Francisco, giving Kyle Shanahan's offense a veteran weapon.

As 909 mentioned in the Week 7 thread, Josh Gordon has landed on IR and will be waived shortly by the Patriots. Possibly a sign of N'Keal Harry's return soon as well in addition to the Mohamed Sanu acquisition via trade.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: 2019 NFL Week 8: NFL Trades a Plenty as Deadline Nears
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »
Patriots shipped Michael Bennett, who had just 2.5 Sacks on 130 snaps, to Dallas for a 2021 7th Rounder that could become a conditional 6th Rounder in 2021 instead.

Also the Jets reportedly have Robby Anderson and Leonard Williams on the trade block.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:14:50 PM »
Oh boy!  We get to see Washington, Miami, and Matt Moore in prime time this week!  Go football!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:25:38 AM »
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:41:03 AM »
Eagles are running all over the Buffalo defense.  Wasn't expecting that.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 06:45:51 AM »
I felt this loss but then again I expect all winnable games to be debacles. 5-2 with Washington coming but still.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 07:04:14 AM »
Is it too soon to suggest that the Bears should consider drafting another QB next year?  Cause Trubisky kinda sucks
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »
They can't draft a good one because they gave the Raiders their pick lirl

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 07:09:48 AM »
Mack's pretty awesome though so I ain't too mad about that one
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 07:54:29 AM »
All of my rage was contained to Chat.

Summary: Matt Nagy should be fired. Everything poor going on with the offense is on him. All of the horrible plays. The kneel down today to burn 43 seconds off the clock was the icing on the cake. Rewatching the end, during the sideline huddle when they discussed the play, OC Helfrich just shook his head and walked away from Nagy. That says everything.

Coach of the Year last year.
Fired the next.

Trubisky is bad yes. But I can't put even remotely all of this on him. He isn't making the O-Line collapse on every inside rushing play. He isn't calling 8 horrible goal line plays after another. I still don't think Trubisky can be good, but I also think the coaching and plays are putting him in a position to fail.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 08:04:26 AM »
Browns are Brownsing all over the place.  The fuck was that call?  This defense has the entire league shook it seems.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 10:18:43 AM »
Definitely feels like Baltimore might be the first loss next week.  I can see Jackson giving the defense fits and the offense is average at best.  Cleveland is way too talented to be falling over themselves so much like today.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 11:01:05 AM »
Looks like Daniel Jones might be the QB the Giants need. I mocked the pick like the rest of you. And I only drafted him in fantasy as a laugh. But I got to admit, dude's proving me wrong every game.

Also, if the 49ers face off against the Patriots in the SuperBowl I wouldn't be surprised. Both teams are just doing what they need to do to win.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 11:13:19 AM »
Definitely feels like Baltimore might be the first loss next week.  I can see Jackson giving the defense fits and the offense is average at best.  Cleveland is way too talented to be falling over themselves so much like today.

Until some team can successfully throw the ball against the Patriots defense, nobody is beating them, and I haven't seen anything from Baltimore's pass game to suggest they can do that. The Pats are always really good at taking away the other team's best offensive asset, and that is Lamar and his running ability.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2019, 11:17:21 AM »
JJ Watt might have tore his pec and could be out the rest of the year. Dude has the worst injury luck.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »

Until some team can successfully throw the ball against the Patriots defense, nobody is beating them, and I haven't seen anything from Baltimore's pass game to suggest they can do that. The Pats are always really good at taking away the other team's best offensive asset, and that is Lamar and his running ability.

I think they are going at least 18-0, then New Orleans or San Francisco has a chance to beat them.  I'd still pick New England, but they would at least have a shot.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
I still think the KC game is a toss-up honestly, so maybe 17-1 :)

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
The Pats and Chiefs are polar opposites: one team has a tremendous defense but a bunch of question marks on offense and the other has a tremendous offense but a bunch of question marks on defense.

I think there are three or four more "loseable" games left: Next week, @HOU (Watson will be tough to contain), vs. KC and maybe the second Buffalo game .

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »
Did Reid coach the Packers for that last drive?  The fuck kind of clock management was that?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 11:27:57 PM »
Through 8 games, Patriots have allowed 61 points (and just 4 offensive TDs whilst their D has now scored 4 defensive TDs). The 49ers are in 2nd with 77 (in 7 games) and the 3rd lowest are Buffalo and Chicago at 122 apiece in 7 games.

Also Nagy has to be fired. What a negative thinker. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070737/article/nagy-zero-thought-of-trying-to-get-pineiro-closer

"I had zero thought of running the ball. I'm not taking the chance of fumbling the football. They know you're running the football, so you lose 3 or 4 yards. So that wasn't even in our process as coaches to think about that."

That says it all about how they coach the offensive line and their utter lack of faith in a running game that was putting up a lot of yards against that defense. David Montgomery had average 5 yards a carry and run for 135... you can't, as an offensive play caller, come up with a play that may have some success?

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 11:46:58 PM »
Exactly. The media asked him what about passing then in that situation since running wasn't an option according to him and he just scoffed.

If the GM Ryan Pace doesn't call that dude into his office today and inform him that his seat is hot as fuck, then Pace also needs to get shit canned.

The way this team is set up, if they don't have success by the end of 2020, which they won't, then everyone should be fired.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 05:12:29 AM »
Leonard Williams has been traded to the Giants for a 3rd in 2020 and a 5th (can become a 4th if he signs an extension with the Giants) in 2021, and Kenyan Drake has been traded to the Cards for a 2020 6th that can become a 5th (not sure what the conditions are on that one)

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2019, 06:56:05 AM »
Joe Flacco is out with a neck injury so Brandon Allen will be the Broncos starter for Week 9.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2019, 11:54:47 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen the Steelers be this bad.  Probably have to go back to the 60s or something.

Offline strummer

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen the Steelers be this bad.  Probably have to go back to the 60s or something.

The were pretty bad/average for most of the 80s. They kept their big stars way too long and it hurt them. Didn't get better till Cowher started as coach really

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »
Miami gave the Steelers a fight for 3 quarters and that defense was generating a lot of pressure on their blitzes. People think Flores may get fired but I can see that the Dolphins are playing teams tougher as the season has gone on and defensively they've gotten better at times. This team reminds me of Patricia's first year in Detroit, having to work with the pieces he had while installing offensive and defensive systems which are tough to learn anyways.

Dolphins should draft a QB and try to pick up a legitimate #1 WR (Parker and Preston Williams are good #2/#3 options) while adding some RB depth. Mark Walton's shown some flashes as a RBBC type RB. Defensively they have some pieces with Baker at LB being a particular highlight (reminds me a lot of Donta' Hightower).

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 04:56:55 AM »
As expected,  Bengals will bench Andy Dalton in favor of rookie Ryan Finley.   A smart team would trade Dalton now but ya know...

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 05:04:03 AM »
Chargers are moving on from OC Ken Whisenhunt, having announced his firing. Chargers are 6th in PY but were 23rd in Points and 28th in Rushing with just 4 TDs on the ground all year.