Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019  (Read 6772 times)

Description:

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Re: NBA Playoffs 2019
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2019, 09:04:27 AM »
CJ was on fire for the entire end of this game.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:06 AM »
Nuggets have a 17 point lead. Got like 16+ difference in free throws. Blazers lose Hood who is good for 14 to 16 points. Dame's 3-18

Nuggets still lose.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »
FUCK YEA RIPCITY

Portland is definitely the team I'm rooting for this year.  I love Dame, CJ and Kanter and they have great fans.  They're a real interesting matchup for GS, especially if Durant misses games.  Not sure they can beat them, but it'll be fun

I loved the early 90's Blazers, the Jailblazers and the Brandon Roy teams.  Them and Memphis have kind of been my adopted WC teams since Seattle went away

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »
Nuggets have a 17 point lead. Got like 16+ difference in free throws. Blazers lose Hood who is good for 14 to 16 points. Dame's 3-18

Nuggets still lose.

they shot 37%, 2-19 from 3, and missed 11 FTs

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »
Talking to family during the early part of the game and they were talking about Denver being up by 7 and I pointed out that Denver led a bit in Game 6, only for the Blazers to take over.  Think Denver was deeper 1-12 and I dig Jokic but Dame is the undisputed best player in that series and I am hoping the run this year is what finally cements him from being constantly overlooked.  Was going to be happy to see whoever won this series move forward and think that was one of the toughest face-to-face series in recent memory to me where it really felt like every possession could change the series.

Pulling for the Raptors in the next game but it is nice even with a dynasty that I am in the minority for not hating involved, that we still have a good amount of fresh teams and match ups in the mix.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2019, 11:23:14 AM »
CJ was on fire for the entire end of this game.

• Admin
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2019, 11:53:00 AM »
Kawhi Leonard plays with a bunch of pussies. If you make your best player shoot 30 shots in three quarters that shit is embarrassing. These other guys aren't even trying to score.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2019, 12:38:26 PM »
I forget if it was this series or the last series but there was one game where in the second quarter the Raptors had like 43 and the point breakdown was Siakam 21, Kawhi 17 and the rest of the Raptors had 5.  Even with the roster revamps and new coach, the bulk of the Raptors just don't show up in the playoffs.
[img width=800

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2019, 12:40:14 PM »
Holy hell!

Offline strummer

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
I remember posting this like in 09 or 10 but the Nuggets continue to be one of the most snake bitten franchises in the history of sports

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »
Even if Leonard leaves (and I still think he will), it was more than worth it to get him for a year.  The rest of the team wasn't going to ever get things done.  They had to swing for the fences, even if they ultimately come up short.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
Those bounces are nuts.

Also, I agree. Leonard was well worth the price of admission even if it only ends up being this season because otherwise, they never would've had that shot to go in.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2019, 04:35:37 PM »
Those bounces are nuts.

Like the ending to a movie.  It was crazy.  Dead silence in my house as it was happening until it went in.  Completely dead.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2019, 10:01:23 PM »
Leonard's shot was B-A-N-A-N-A-S

That was some MJ level shit. 

It's like a battle of the playoff MVP TITANS right now between Kawhi and Giannis next round.  Edge to KL on playoff experience, edge to GA on physical talent, better team, better coach and homecourt advantage.  This is gonna be a fucking fun series

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »
Also saw someone note that was only the 2nd buzzer beater on a win or go home victory in playoff history.  Not sure that's correct, but the one that I and probably everyone my age remembers is THE SHOT

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2019, 01:09:12 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/columnist/jeff-zillgitt/2019/05/13/kawhi-leonard-inside-historic-buzzer-beater-raptors-sixers-game-seven/1186032001/

Actually, it is that in all Game 7s in NBA's history, all 135, that's the only buzzer game beater.

That's honestly insane. I would've figured that there had been at least one other in a 135 games, but nope. That's the only one.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2019, 03:52:51 AM »
Also saw someone note that was only the 2nd buzzer beater on a win or go home victory in playoff history.  Not sure that's correct, but the one that I and probably everyone my age remembers is THE SHOT

The Raptors were in this exact same position back in 2001 (against Philly too) and Vince Carter's shot bounced out instead of in.  It was eerie.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2019, 04:25:13 AM »

[img width=800

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2019, 06:04:21 AM »
Surprised Clyde never scored that much in a series
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2019, 01:24:08 PM »
Fun bit of worthless trivia, that I only just now considered: in 2011, George Hill was traded for (the draft rights to) Kawhi Leonard. This is the first time since then that the two have been on opposing teams in a playoff series.

• KOAB
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2019, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
Portland repeatedly blowing huge leads and Lillard being a ghost is amazing. A fan threw something on the court tonight near the end of the game in disgust. Dray is why the Warriors are winning these games (along with blazers just giving up for long stretches). He's been tremendous all playoffs but especially since KD went down.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »
Apparently Lillard's got a separated rib after Looney fell onto him in Game 2. He's not using it as an excuse and frankly, Stotts didn't know either until someone told him after Saturday night.

Which I am going to go "how the hell does the coach not know his player is injured".

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
Raptors live to fight another day.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2019, 06:25:55 AM »
Lakers front office has become the Isiah era Knicks front office

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2019, 07:51:50 AM »
Raptors live to fight another day.

I was watching The Jump, and they were joking about Jeremy Lin gesturing during Giannis' Euro-step, which led me to check out his profile on B-R.com. And my first thought after looking at that was... well, at least homie got paid. 'Cause, let's face it, when you're a point guard, and the starter fouls out, and the main backup is 1-11, and you still can't get in the game, you're done in that town.

• Admin
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2019, 10:44:51 AM »
Lakers front office has become the Isiah era Knicks front office

While on some level this is definitely true, the Isiah Thomas of the Lakers inexplicably quit and pissed all over himself today on national television. So at least that problem is gone, but we still have our Dolan.

Magic is mad because Pelinka leaked to the media that Magic wasn't committed to the job. This is an indisputable fact. Last summer before the roster was completed he fucked off to Europe for five weeks. Then he randomly shows up a few days before the deadline and made a truly garbage ass trade that he laughed about today. I think this says it best though.

Magic Johnson is a bad guy and Jeanie Buss is a moron for ever hiring him. He's mad about being backstabbed but everyone said he was never in the office to do his job, and he's blaming everyone else for stuff he did. Textbook bad guy behavior.

Offline Magic Johnson

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
  • New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »
My deadline deal was not garbage at all.  Ivica Zubac is a nice kid, but, in a typical stroke of genius, I had already signed JaVale McGee, and later added a former Defensive Player of the year, Tyson Chandler.  That's two former NBA champions manning the middle.  How many rings does Zubac have?  There was simply no room for him, so I was able to use him as a chip to add a shooter, which is what the fans were demanding.  If nothing else, I listen to my fans.

Anyway, I'm sure you all have heard by know that I will be receiving the NBA's Lifetime Achievement Award alongside my rival and friend, Larry Bird.  It's nice to see that my NBA family remembers all the good I've done for the game, and won't allow this slight rough patch to tarnish my legacy.

• KOAB
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
oh man

• Admin
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
My deadline deal was not garbage at all.  Ivica Zubac is a nice kid, but, in a typical stroke of genius, I had already signed JaVale McGee, and later added a former Defensive Player of the year, Tyson Chandler.  That's two former NBA champions manning the middle.  How many rings does Zubac have?  There was simply no room for him, so I was able to use him as a chip to add a shooter, which is what the fans were demanding.  If nothing else, I listen to my fans.

Anyway, I'm sure you all have heard by know that I will be receiving the NBA's Lifetime Achievement Award alongside my rival and friend, Larry Bird.  It's nice to see that my NBA family remembers all the good I've done for the game, and won't allow this slight rough patch to tarnish my legacy.

Sorry brother you were not committed enough to this job and have to get both barrels

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2019, 12:41:15 PM »
So, if I'm partying on what's happening in LA, and I want to see it continue in perpetuity, and I totally support Magic in this, is that because I'm pro-Magic, or anti-lakers? Is it possible to be simultaneously pro-Magic and anti-lakers? Is that even a thing that's allowed?

• Admin
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
So, if I'm partying on what's happening in LA, and I want to see it continue in perpetuity, and I totally support Magic in this, is that because I'm pro-Magic, or anti-lakers? Is it possible to be simultaneously pro-Magic and anti-lakers? Is that even a thing that's allowed?

Everyone who hates the Lakers is pro-Magic, so you're just following the crowd on that one.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
But that doesn't even make sense: Magic has been synonymous with the lakers for damn near forty years. How can everybody who's anti-lakers be pro-Magic?

• Admin
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2019, 05:16:28 AM »
Magic has been synonymous with the lakers for damn near forty years.

Maybe from the outside looking in that's what Magic has been, but most people under 35 never watched Magic play a basketball game. Kobe took that spot a long while ago around here.

How can everybody who's anti-lakers be pro-Magic?

People who hate the Lakers want to see them fail, yes? Magic Johnson is the route to failure, and most of the people who support him from the outside know that he would bring that. The guy lied so many times in that interview yesterday that I see no other reason for someone to be pro-Magic. Some of his comments are contradicted by other recorded statements, and the ones that weren't featured him taking ownership of and defending horrendous basketball decisions.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2019, 07:37:31 AM »
I'm not gonna hate on Magic, he was my first favorite basketball player in the 80's, but some great players don't translate well to coaching or front office roles, he's just another on a long list.  I always though he was more of a figurehead anyway, and the fact that he was essentially just that and quit speaks to a toxic environment with too many cooks in the kitchen.  I don't even know who made the decisions after LeBron signed

Pelinka is looking like a bad GM so far, and much like BVW for the Mets, hiring sports agents to be general managers doesn't look like the way to go

Magic and Isiah have both been awful at this.  Bird was good as a coach and executive, because he actually took it deadly seriously.  The book is still out on Jordan as an owner.  I think in the long run he's going to be great, that team is just saddled with bad contracts right now.  He gets high praise from players on Charlotte, it's not a huge market but it's a fun city and the travel isn't bad being in the Eastern corridor, I can see them getting a lot better in the next few years.  Mixed feelings on keeping Kemba if I'm them though.  The contract is prohibitive and there's not enough pieces there to build around a super max player.  And selfishly my dream Knicks off-season has them signing Kemba and KD and trading for AD....so.....

• Admin
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2019, 07:45:09 AM »
I'm not gonna hate on Magic, he was my first favorite basketball player in the 80's, but some great players don't translate well to coaching or front office roles, he's just another on a long list.  I always though he was more of a figurehead anyway, and the fact that he was essentially just that and quit speaks to a toxic environment with too many cooks in the kitchen.  I don't even know who made the decisions after LeBron signed

Magic said yesterday that he made all of those decisions. He also defended those decisions, every single one no matter how bad it was. Magic obviously thinks those were good decisions. He was not a figurehead, he was incompetent. We also have to remember that he said those guys he signed last summer would beat Golden State by playing a different style of basketball. Everyone remembers that shit, right?

And selfishly my dream Knicks off-season has them signing Kemba and KD and trading for AD....so.....

This is against the cap and not even possible lol. They can get two but not three.

The book is still out on Jordan as an owner.  I think in the long run he's going to be great, that team is just saddled with bad contracts right now.  He gets high praise from players on Charlotte, it's not a huge market but it's a fun city and the travel isn't bad being in the Eastern corridor, I can see them getting a lot better in the next few years.

Bro....he has been the owner/president for nine years now. All those bad contracts, he gave them out.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2019, 07:48:57 AM »
Yeah, but by some accounts MJ has learned from his mistakes.  The again, he hired LOL Mitch Kupchack as GM after Chao.  I'm probably just biased to the NBA legends of my youth that people under 35 never saw play ;)

• Admin
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »
I think Phil Jackson was better in his job with the Knicks than Magic and Jordan were in their jobs. You know the Lakers scouts wanted to draft Mitchell Robinson instead of Wagner and he told them to fuck off?

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »
also, they actually could match contracts to trade for AD and get KD and Kemba as FA, but it would involve some wizardry with the cap, maybe a third and/or fourth team, and giving up a lot of draft picks.  It would be hella complicated, which is why I called it a dream.  I expect the Knicks to continue to be awful going forward until proven wrong

• Admin
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57:13 AM »
I expect them to sign KD and Kemba and make the ECF next year.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »
I always expect the worst.  Tobias Harris and DeAngelo Russell to max deals, Fiz is fired in November, James Dolan reveals that he is actually an immortal vampire and eats Charles Oakley's children live on the MSG Network

• Admin
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
Fiz is gonna get fired no matter what, he's a bad coach and KD ain't gonna put up with that. But there's no doubt they're going to sign KD.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2019, 08:14:05 AM »
I think Phil Jackson was better in his job with the Knicks than Magic and Jordan were in their jobs. You know the Lakers scouts wanted to draft Mitchell Robinson instead of Wagner and he told them to fuck off?

Yep. I remembered he was on the Lakers radar.

• KOAB
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »
I honestly think Phil could've developed into something good with his job on the Knicks. It's just hard to gain any traction when you have guys with the national reach like Stephen A. Smith cutting promos everyday rallying people to get you fired. The same kind of clowns who think Zion should risk his health and imminent wealth trying to go back to school just because he won't be a Knick when they were the ones a few months ago saying he should sit out the rest of his freshman year.

• Admin
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2019, 08:31:15 AM »
I think if he wasn't married to the triangle offense, it could have worked.

Phil got sabotaged by KP's brother tbh. I think now that KP blew his knee out, some of Phil's decision making and what he wanted to do will be seen in a better light. He also wanted to get rid of Melo and was proven correct.

Offline Phil Jackson

• Zen Master
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2019, 08:51:17 AM »
after talking all that shit for years, y'all wanna ride this jock huh? well too bad, ya ma's already here and ready to go

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »
Fuck Phil Jackson.  I was down, and he was given full power.  He shit the F'n bed.  Stop this blame shifting.  He was horrible for the Knicks.

Offline Magic Johnson

• New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2019, 10:21:01 AM »
Mr. Jackson, I am so proud that people are finally coming around to you and your philosophies.  They will do the same for me one day, but until that happens, I will drown out the hate, and only listen to those whose opinions truly matter, and that is my NBA family.