Author Topic: NBA Offseason 2019  (Read 10285 times)

Description:

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Re: NBA Offseason 2019
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »
He was playing defense and also playing great. Don't believe the hype. The reason they didn't win enough games was because Magic poorly constructed the roster with a bunch of bench players who couldn't shoot. Magic also thought this was the greatest thing in the world and that they would somehow change how basketball was played. LeBron averaged 27 PPG, 8 boards and 8 assists. The only thing down from the season before in Cleveland were his assists because guys couldn't shoot. Once Lonzo went down, the whole team dynamic got messed up. They were still four games above .500 even when LeBron was out, but Lonzo is the Lakers best defender and creates a ton of open space.

LeBron is currently recruiting guys to go to the Lakers and was spotted in Philly with Kawhi. Don't believe the hype.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 09:53:35 AM »
I'm going to start the LeBron for Simmons trade and Kawhi to Philly rumor.

• Admin
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »
To be clear, the Lakers are a dumpster fire organization. Anyone who doesn't know this is on crack like Lamar Odom. Literally the only thing they have to offer is that they have LeBron James. Having a bad organization and one star has never stopped certain teams from getting players before though. Donald Sterling's Clippers got Chris Paul, the Bulls signed Carlos Boozer and constructed a great team, the Lakers also traded for Pau Gasol when the organization was a trash pile. Amare fell off a cliff a season later but the Knicks got him too, and they are probably going to get another star even though their organization is now arguably even worse. The Sixers got all those players, and I don't care what anyone says, that process started off by drafting trash like MCW, Jahlil Okafor, and Nerlens Noel. They did not have a plan.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2019, 04:37:20 PM »

Jason Kidd will be on his staff
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

• Admin
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2019, 04:41:50 PM »
I fucking hate Jason Kidd but I like the head coaching hire.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2019, 04:46:31 PM »
Vogel is a very good coach. Probably one of the best left on the market. A solid hire for the Lakers.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26731947/mavs-porzingis-involved-bloody-altercation

I get being upset that you left the team that they invested themselves into, but to actually physically assault said person is just damn insane. Like what the hell?!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2019, 09:35:52 AM »
drunk Russians.  Nuff said

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »
Can't wait for J Kidd to teach Lonzo how to navigate whatever the modern day equivalent of Toni Braxton is

Also hope we find out who is the better rapper between the two

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2019, 01:09:41 AM »
Maybe the most random Woj bomb ever: John Beilein is taking a five-year deal to coach the Cavs.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2019, 06:17:42 AM »
Seems like Rozier wants out of Boston if the team is kept in tact. Becoming an afterthought has made him basically want out and to play somewhere else.

Probably was told by another team that they'd be willing to sign him and make him actually have a good spot in the rotation.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »
I really wish Ainge had just traded him last offseason or at the deadline, he was terrible this year and clearly was causing issues in that already dysfunctional locker room.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »
Knicks get #3.  Whatever.  I'm sure some folks will be freaked out, but I'm checked out.  I don't want diva Kyrie or KD either.  Just build a good basketball team.  I want Kemba, honestly, of all the dudes out there.  And I don't check college ball at al tbh, but the myth that this is a two player draft is beyond dumb, because it never is.  Identify the BPA, and don't overthink it.

Also, this shit was totally rigged. The Pelicans?  Really?  Silver has a stake in them remaining there, and he also hates Dolan.  Two birds with one stone

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
And also, this shit goes back to Stern fucking with the CP3 trade

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »
IT'S A SABOTAGE, LISTEN ALL OF Y'ALL

I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT

They put KIKI out to say "nah it's on the up and up" which was some CIA amauteur level crap

we Know

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2019, 05:50:19 PM »
I need to get the OakMan on the case X-Files style

• Admin
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
You need your pills bro they wouldn’t rig shit for New Orleans and Memphis.

It’s not a two player draft but the drop off is enormous. Two guaranteed superstars and the rest.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2019, 06:03:38 PM »
I don't need any pills, but thank you for your concern brother

The NBA has a vested interest in New Orleans and Memphis, two franchises that are struggling financially

The Knicks don't struggle.  No need to rig it for them.

I don't even think this is that wild of a conspiracy theory.  I wish the NBA draft was more like the NFL or MLB.  This lottery shit they've been rigging for decades is crap

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 07:10:55 PM »
Any system that doesn't reward tanking is a good system. Hell force the jobber teams to square off in a 1 game losers tournament for draft placement.

I don't even know the names of a lot of the guys the Bulls were starting the last two months of the season.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure I read/heard people saying Fultz was a "guaranteed superstar" a couple years ago too...whoops.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2019, 09:13:28 AM »
Abolish the draft. Total unrestricted free agency. Hard cap, but eliminate max salaries. Problem will work itself out.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
Run the league like a pickup game.  First twelve people to the arena get to play.  No contracts, split a winners purse.  Get ready to see me on TNT, grandma
Spoiler: show
i am referring to whoever reads this as grandma as all my Shoot grandmas are dead
[img width=800

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2019, 02:51:56 AM »
Report: Pelicans owner Gayle Benson would trade Anthony Davis to Lakers only ‘over my dead body’ https://t.co/EaryIBMXuR

— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) May 17, 2019

• Admin
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2019, 06:11:56 AM »
She denied it lol

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »

This last happened in 2016 to OJ Mayo, who still hasn’t been heard from since in NBA circles.  Surprising, Tyreke seemed like a pretty straight-laced dude from what I knew of him

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »

Son of a bitch!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2019, 10:57:46 AM »
Switching gears, how the hell can two guys on the same team both be eligible for Sixth Man of the Year? Isn't one of them, by necessity of definition, the seventh man?

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 05:55:03 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Gert

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
Abolish the draft. Total unrestricted free agency. Hard cap, but eliminate max salaries. Problem will work itself out.

I actually like this idea; it probably never happens, because the Draft is a TV event, but I think it works well in a vacuum. Really the biggest hindrance is that the league doesn't want a hard cap. That said I think this isn't as awful as people think it is. Yes Zion would not want to go to the Pelicans, but he's not going to the Warriors or Lakers if he can be offered $20 million per year versus $5-7 with a championship contender.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »

I actually like this idea; it probably never happens, because the Draft is a TV event, but I think it works well in a vacuum. Really the biggest hindrance is that the league doesn't want a hard cap. That said I think this isn't as awful as people think it is. Yes Zion would not want to go to the Pelicans, but he's not going to the Warriors or Lakers if he can be offered $20 million per year versus $5-7 with a championship contender.

I'd be very interested in this part. How much do players really care about winning over money when they come into the league. Would a huge stud want to make money if they knew giving up some meant that they could be part of a winner right away.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2019, 01:25:10 AM »
It's not even just money: it's also minutes. You think that a top-ranked rookie like, say, Ja Morrant, would be willing to go and sit behind Eric Bledsoe, just because the Bucks might be favored to win? Like, a veteran might, but a rookie who would be a Top 3-5 pick, under the current system? No way.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2019, 02:03:37 AM »
I don't like the idea of eliminating the draft at all.  I'd definitely make changes though, starting with getting rid of the lottery.  The argument against that is more teams would tank, but teams tank now so wtf.  I'd like a total overhaul of the system and try to make it more like MLB, which I think does it the best.  There's draft pick protections for top FA that sign with other teams, and it works most of the time.  The big difference with baseball is that the draft is in the middle of the season, there's no reason the NBA can't speed up the process after the college season is over, but from a business perspective I wouldn't do that because they do a great job of being a year round sport with FA and the draft.  More people follow the rumour mills and FA and all the drama than actually watch the F'n games

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2019, 02:08:44 AM »
Also, I think the developmental league is going to start becoming a lot more crucial, and it's heading in that direction.  Also, enough with one and done, if a 15 or 16 yr old kid is a man among boys he should be able to play in developmental and get paid.  Make it more like the European leagues.  The forcing kids to go to college for a year thing is and always has been horseshit

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2019, 03:03:48 AM »
I always thought an interesting take on the draft would be the top pick goes to the first team out of the playoffs and go from there. That way teams actually try to get the top pick and they reward winning instead of tanking. Add the best players available to teams that are just missing a piece or 2 to get to that next level.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2019, 03:56:03 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2019, 04:53:56 AM »
You have to be pretty F'n dumb to get busted for pot these days.  I don't know what the exact laws in Florida are these days, but where I live it's legal so whatever.  I can't tell if people are driving around stoned out of their minds because in general people are horrible drivers pretty much everywhere I've been on this planet.  I've managed to avoid accidents and tickets because I'm not a retard.  But I used to drink and drive (really F'n stupid) when I was younger, and I would puff while driving (also stupid, but slightly less so).  Homie don't play that no more.  Live and learn and hopefully don't fuck up too bad.  I even got pulled over for going a little over the limit coming home from work one time, while smoking a tobacco/weed spleef, and talked my way out of it.  I think the cop smelled it too, and I just got lucky that he didn't feel like being a prick and totally bought my true story of just getting out of work and only having less than a mile to my destination.  There are some chill cops out there......

From what I've seen this dude has been kind of a bust, and a young NBA player doing something dumb never surprises me

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2019, 07:59:35 AM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26821790/lakers-20-failed-reboot-nba-crown-jewel

Holy fuck the Lakers are even more dysfunctional than I thought

It's a long read, summary here

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/05/lakers-rumors-magic-pelinka-r-paul-l-rambis-more.html

The idea that Kurt Rambis' wife is a "shadow owner" power player on the team is a sick joke on the NBA

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2019, 08:59:25 AM »
Was just about to post that. I knew the org was in bad shape but man

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »
It's amazing how quickly a respected organization can devolve into a pathetic joke

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2019, 04:53:42 PM »
Jerry Buss dying had a profound impact on the team.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2019, 07:27:51 AM »
Houston's basically put everyone other than Harden on the block.

Which means they are going to try trading Chris Paul.

Oh God, watch him end up on the Lakers.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
Lakers get CP3 and Kyrie and keep Lonzo and Rondo.  Just surround Lebron with nothing but point guards and Lance.

Honestly don’t know who would give something Houston would accept for Paul at this stage nor do I see Lakers giving any of their assets for him at this stage.
[img width=800

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2019, 10:38:35 AM »
From what I've seen so far Capela is the player they're most looking to move

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2019, 10:49:45 AM »
I think you pretty much have to give something to get out from CP3 (or for that matter Wall's) contract. So yeah, I don't see how it'll work. While Capela is the probably the one they want to more move, I don't know who's going to want to trade for him considering how poorly he did in the playoffs and his contract.

Also seems like Davis is talking with Griffin about the future that Griffin envisions for the Pelicans. If Griffin somehow gets Davis to stick around, I'll be damn well amazed.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2019, 04:30:51 AM »
Here’s a new and interesting negotiating tactic.

For those not up on the sneaker game and the deals these guys get, around the same time as leaving San Antonio, Kawhi’s camp felt he was undervalued by Nike.  Kawhi was a mid-tier guy that like Jimmy Vutler didn’t need have his own big time signature line like Lebron, Durant and Kyrie, but had a logo and limited things sold in their home markets, which was a little above what guys like Anthony Davis and Blake Griffin have gotten.

Kawhi left Nike and recently surfaced with New Balance of all places, as other companies try to branch out into basketball after Under Armor’s success getting hold of Steph Curry before he blew up and at least having that be a valuable line for them, even if their others are not.

Where this comes into play here is the Clippers, who have been vocal about wanting Kawhi for as long as anyone, have quietly negotiating behind the scenes with Nike to acquire the Kawhi “claw” logo, wjjcch wsd a graphic shaped like his famously big hands to look like his KL initials.  The Clippers thought is if they acquire this logo, they can include the intellectual rights to this as part of the negotiations with Leonard.  Very interesting to me as I don’t think there would be rules on something like third currently but I assume could get implemented based on the outcome of this going forward.
[img width=800

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2019, 05:10:26 AM »
While it is an amazing tactic, I do believe that such a thing would need to be included to the value of the contract and therefore would make Kawhi's contract entirely impossible to do. Sports really tries to make sure that any type of money counts towards contracts, even if it isn't exactly part of the real contract.

So unless they gifted it to him and have to do it without any chance of signing him, I don't think it would work.

Though if this is allowed, whelp, the league will nip that in the butt really damn quickly.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
All the "amazing secret deals" rumors for the Clippers this past season make it sound like the top 5 free agent targets will be getting 60% of the money made from parking fees and a record breaking stake in team ownership somehow.

Offline Bladelock

• brock lock
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2019, 04:31:06 PM »

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26889959/kawhi-files-lawsuit-nike-klaw-logo

With Kawhi fighting for his logo from Nike and apparently trying to copyright "King of the North", I think it might be possible that this Finals run might have just kept Kawhi in Toronto.