Author Topic: NBA Offseason 2019  (Read 7117 times)

Description:

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
Re: NBA Offseason 2019
« Reply #500 on: July 08, 2019, 07:13:06 AM »
Alec Burks to the Warriors.  He had originally agreed to terms with OKC, but following the Paul George trade, Presti allowed Burks and Mike Muscala to re-evaluate their situations.  Muscala is still signing with OKC.

JaMychal Green re-signing with the Clippers

Warriors trade Damian Jones and a second-round pick to Atlanta for Omari Spellman
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16:52 AM »
Current Bulls rumor is they are considering doing a Dunn for Justin Holiday sign and trade. Seems really pointless. The main reason I think they want to do it is to use a move exception to sign Kornet with. Seems like all Holiday would do is waste minutes that could go to Gafford, Valentine, or Hutchison.

I assume they feel confident enough with Coby White, Arcidianco, and Blakeney at PG.

I assume Memphis is happy to get any asset they can for Holiday. It is somewhat odd for them too, since they are trying to get Tyus Jones.

Offline THE WARREN WARRIOR

• brock lock
« Reply #502 on: July 08, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »
Current Bulls rumor is they are considering doing a Dunn for Justin Holiday sign and trade. Seems really pointless. The main reason I think they want to do it is to use a move exception to sign Kornet with. Seems like all Holiday would do is waste minutes that could go to Gafford, Valentine, or Hutchison.

I assume they feel confident enough with Coby White, Arcidianco, and Blakeney at PG.

I assume Memphis is happy to get any asset they can for Holiday. It is somewhat odd for them too, since they are trying to get Tyus Jones.

Gafford is a center. The depth chart for SF if they sign Holiday would probably be OPJ/Hutch/Holiday with Valentine occasionally playing SF.

Bulls Depth chart if this happens

Satoransky/Coby/Arch
LaVine/Valentine/Blakeney
Otto/Hutch/Holiday
Lauri/Thaddeus
Wendell/Kornet/Gafford/Felicio

I hope they can find a way to ditch Blakeney and Felicio, but this is how it would look if the trade happens.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #503 on: July 08, 2019, 01:22:18 PM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2019, 02:26:56 AM »
Why? Why would you even bother with those guys? Are teams like that desperate? Can't they just grab some G-Leaguers and give them a chance? Because as I see it, these two be done.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2019, 03:10:03 AM »
I guess Ama're looked pretty good in the Big3 league.

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2019, 03:33:13 AM »
I'll bet anyone here $10 that the Lakers sign a Big3 player to be a benchwarmer for them this season.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2019, 08:15:22 AM »
Marcus Morris is backing out of the Spurs deal is about to sign with the Knicks

Online Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »
how many kinda one dimensional kinda undersized 4s does Dolan need

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #509 on: July 09, 2019, 12:46:16 PM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #510 on: July 09, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/nba-will-add-in-game-challenges-make-changes-to-replay-for-201920-season.html

NBA Coaches will have the ability to challenge plays during the 2019/20 season, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter links). The rule will be implemented on a one-year, trial basis.

The league has also made changes to the use of replay. The NBA Replay Center will now be allowed to “trigger instant replay in certain circumstances,” per the league’s press release.

The league experimented with the possibility of challenges during the past two seasons in the G League and during this year’s Summer League. Coaches only received one challenge per game and they must have a timeout remaining to use it.

While the rule will be similar to the NFL’s challenge rule, NBA coaches will send a signal to an official rather than throwing a flag into the playing area. In the G League, coaches “twirl his/her index finger toward the referees,” as ESPN’s Zach Lowe recently explained.

Here’s how the new rule is expected to work, according to Lowe:

Coaches will get one challenge per game, whether or not it’s successful.
    Called fouls, goaltending, basket interference, and out-of-bounds plays are the only calls that can be challenged. Uncalled fouls can’t be challenged.
    Coaches must have a timeout available to use a challenge, and must use that timeout immediately after the call they want to challenge.
    If the challenge is successful, the team will get its timeout back. If not, it will be lost.
    The crew chief for that game’s referee crew will make the final call on challenges involving fouls. All other challenges will be decided by the NBA’s Replay Center.

Offline Gert

« Reply #511 on: July 09, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »
This is NOT a rule the NBA needs to implement. The last two minute replay rule has made a lot of games really hard to watch. How much replay/challenges is too much?

Also kinda think Livingston is washed, at least in the sense that he can help a contender.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #512 on: July 09, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
I don't have a problem with the coach having one challenge, and you either burn a TO or don't depending on whether you get it right.  I've always enjoyed the strategic element of coaches and managers using the challenge, when to do it and when to save the bullet.  And in the NBA if they only have one that makes it even more critical a coach gets it right

I'll wait and see on the "NBA Replay Center".  They kind of do that now reviewing plays in late/close games anyway.  It doesn't kill games for me because down the stretch in close basketball games you have so many stops, timeouts, fouls etc. anyway, and replay hasn't bothered me in the NBA so far, and they generally end up getting the call correct.  I don't want to see it used on every maybe questionable play, but I would like to see refs get calls right most of the time

Livingston is probably close to washed, but I still think he's a useful veteran on a playoff team.  He gave GS some good minutes in this year's playoffs.  I can totally see him going to the Nets, Clippers, Lakers or Philly now.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #513 on: July 09, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
I might have missed the post, but the NBA has made a big change.

According to commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA is continuing to move away from the use of the term "owner" to describe those with controlling interest of teams in favor of the terms "Governor of the team" and "alternate Governor."

The change was made due to concerns that the term "owner" can be viewed as racially insensitive in a league where the vast majority of players are African-American and the majority of owners are Caucasian. While the league itself stopped using the term years ago, individual teams are now starting to follow suit; something Silver was asked about.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #514 on: July 10, 2019, 02:43:50 AM »
Tyus Jones is a Grizzly as the T-Wolves will not be matching his offer sheet

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #515 on: July 10, 2019, 01:46:59 PM »
Like a Governor of an Estate type of deal, eh? That's an interesting change to calling owners. Also seems sort of classy.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #516 on: July 10, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »
Why not call them managing partners or something?  Technically they own the team, but they're beholden to league approval and the approval of other "governors" to sell or move or do anything major....

I don't know, I think it's stupid.  I'm still calling them owners, and players are their employees.  Whoever thought that the term owners denotes the players being chattle was smoking the PC crack pipe

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #517 on: July 10, 2019, 06:05:51 PM »
With more and more companies treating employees like they own them (not speaking NBA, I mean in general), more and more people are seeing the term of owner as a negative.

Not surprising that a company want to proactively move away from something that will likely become a negative term in general. Basically get away from before it becomes worse. Proactiveness at work.

I honestly expect that it'll become a full on negative term probably within the next five years.

Not saying I agree with that, just stating that this is where things are heading.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #518 on: July 10, 2019, 06:46:18 PM »
I don't know why they didn't just go to CEO like normal businesses have.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #519 on: July 10, 2019, 09:31:28 PM »
I don't either. That's the first thing I would've thought of doing.

Offline The King of Trash

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #520 on: July 10, 2019, 10:14:46 PM »
Chauncey Billups shares why he thinks Melo isn't in the NBA anymore: "Scoring 30 meant too much to Melo. He could have games where he had 20, 22 [points], we win the game and he's mad...The reason why he's not in the league is he hasn't mentally taken that step back"

https://streamable.com/rhpm7

This says so much about Melo's character, and validates what we've all known for years. He brought what happened to his career upon himself.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #521 on: July 11, 2019, 12:37:05 AM »
So I’ve seen from a few different Twitter outlets now that Westbrook has been wanting out of OKC for a while now too, and Paul George just beat him to the punch.  And neither guy knew that the other wanted out.

• KOAB
« Reply #522 on: July 11, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #523 on: July 11, 2019, 11:32:19 AM »
Breaking from ESPN. Russell Westbrook and James Harden are teaming up again. Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul and draft picks.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Admin
« Reply #524 on: July 11, 2019, 12:01:25 PM »
Sam Presti is a moron. You can't buy that CP3 contract out or stretch it because of the real cost of doing it. All he's getting are garbage picks in return for someone that should have been traded to a team offering up a good young player.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #525 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:53 PM »
All because he wanted to do Westbrook a favor and send him to a contender.   Showing loyalty to a guy who already trying to get out first before PG13 could. 

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #526 on: July 11, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
Is Westbrook and Harden going to work?  At least Paul can catch and shoot and play off ball.  I feel like for maximum efficiency Russ is going to need the ball in his hands a lot and Harden will have to be off ball....and that's kind of wasting Harden.

I don't think Russ is magically going to develop an outside shot.  Interesting to see how D'Antoni uses them.  Ideally you stagger them, but they're both gonna play around 40 so you can't do a lot of that

OKC might be able to flip CP3 at some point, but that contract is shite.  They've got 7 first rd picks plus their own plus picks swaps though.  If they can tread water and then flip Paul they've done a great job rebuilding on the fly.  Paul/SGA/Gallo/Adams/Schroeder might be enough to get the 7 or 8 seed if CP3 stays relatively healthy. 

Offline Gert

« Reply #527 on: July 11, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
I just don't understand why Morey didn't try to run it back one more time. I think Houston was still the 2nd best team in the West even though they were the #4 seed. With all of the changes going on in the West, I really think there was a chance to get the #1 seed having the most continuity of all of the contenders in the West.

It will be interesting to see what OKC does next. Most of their moves have been to get under the repeater tax so I'm sure their short term goal will be get under the tax, but Presti has to see what happened in Boston that having a shit ton of picks only gets you more bites at the apple and not a guarantee at success down the road.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #528 on: July 11, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
This also makes Russ/Harden the first back to back MVPs to play together since Cousy and Russell in 56-57 and 57-58, who obviously did it for the same team

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2019, 08:30:40 AM »
Not sure who you got that stat from but it's actually happened quite a few times.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Bob McAdoo
Julius Erving & Moses Malone
Charles Barkley & Hakeem Olajuwon
Karl Malone & Shaquille O'Neal
LeBron James & Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant & Stephen Curry

However, they were the second duo to win back-to-back MVPs after having been teammates, following Nash and Dirk

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #530 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:41 AM »
Tyson Chandler to Houston

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #531 on: July 13, 2019, 12:55:05 AM »
Rockets are bringing Anthony Bennett to training camp.  You’d think 2013 was so long ago this would be his last chance but he’s still pretty young.

Also, Lebron was going to give Anthony Davis his number 23.  They missed the league deadline to request the change which was in March.  The league told them to ask Nike and because there is too much merch made already, they said wait til next year.  When I guess people will then have out of date Lebron and Davis stuff.  Don’t think it says it in article I am posting but sounds like Davis will be 3 this season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-anthony-davis-getting-le-brons-no-23-on-hold-233907363.html
[img width=800

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:55 AM »
This is why I won't buy player specific merchandise unless they've won a title or they've been around long enough that their legacy is set.  Kawhi Leonard may have only been around a year, but because he won his Raptors merch will be relevant forever.  But if they didn't and I bought his stuff, I'd be pretty pissed.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2019, 10:11:24 AM »
Ben Simmons signed a 5 yr max deal extension with Philly.

Offline Gert

« Reply #534 on: July 16, 2019, 06:02:25 AM »
NBA Western Conference OVER/UNDER projected win totals (BetOnline):

Clippers 55.5
Jazz 52.5
Lakers 51.5
Rockets 51.5
Nuggets 50.5
Warriors 47.5
Trail Blazers 44.5
Spurs 43.5
Mavericks 41.5
Pelicans 36.5
Kings 35.5
Timberwolves 35.5
Grizzlies 27.5
Suns 26.5
Thunder NOT LISTED

NBA Eastern Conference OVER/UNDER
Bucks 54.5
76ers 53.5
Celtics 48.5
Pacers 48.5
Nets 45.5
Raptors 45.5
Heat 42.5
Magic 41.5
Pistons 35.5
Hawks 32.5
Bulls 30.5
Wizards 28.5
Knicks 27.5
Cavs 25.5
Hornets 23.5

Offline Gert

« Reply #535 on: July 16, 2019, 06:19:23 AM »
Numbers that I like at first glance

Nuggets OVER. I think they will probably be a #1 seed in the West with their unique HCA and they have the most continuity of the top half teams in the West.

Trail Blazers OVER. I've been wrong on the them the last few years. I think 44.5 is pretty low for their team. They look like a 48-50 win team to me.

Mavericks UNDER. Don't think they make that big of a leap to over .500 especially with the overall depth of the West getting stronger.

Bucks OVER. I think this is an often an O-U mistake pounding overs of the best teams and maybe I'm the mark they are looking for, but I think Giannis can still get better. And by picking up some of those picks from the Pacers for the Brogdon S&T, they can make a move in the middle of the year.

Pacers UNDER. This is based on not thinking they can tread water at the same level they did last year when Oladipo was out last year and not fully knowing when Dipo comes back. Also think losing Thaddeus Young gives them much less positional versatility.

Pistons OVER. I think they have enough talent to be better than a 35 win team. I don't particularly like their roster, but I thought they would be closer to 38.5

Cavs UNDER. Not a good team, think they may be shopping Love, and I wonder how they play Sexton & Garland together. Too low of win total is dangerous, but I think they are one of the 1-3 worst teams in 19-20, so I think 25 or under is reasonable.

• Admin
« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2019, 06:35:57 AM »
NBA Western Conference OVER/UNDER projected win totals (BetOnline):

Clippers 55.5 - Tough because it's two stars who need games off. I'll go UNDER.
Jazz 52.5 - OVER
Lakers 51.5 - UNDER, same reason as the Clippers. They aren't playing for seeding.
Rockets 51.5 - OVER
Nuggets 50.5 - OVER
Warriors 47.5 - OVER
Trail Blazers 44.5 - OVER
Spurs 43.5 - UNDER
Mavericks 41.5 - UNDER
Pelicans 36.5 - UNDER
Kings 35.5 - OVER
Timberwolves 35.5 - UNDER
Grizzlies 27.5 - UNDER
Suns 26.5 - OVER
Thunder NOT LISTED - UNDER whatever they put.

NBA Eastern Conference OVER/UNDER

Bucks 54.5 - OVER
76ers 53.5 - OVER
Celtics 48.5 - UNDER
Pacers 48.5 - UNDER
Nets 45.5 - OVER
Raptors 45.5 - UNDER
Heat 42.5 - OVER
Magic 41.5 - UNDER
Pistons 35.5 - OVER
Hawks 32.5 - UNDER
Bulls 30.5 -UNDER
Wizards 28.5 - UNDER
Knicks 27.5 - UNDER
Cavs 25.5 - UNDER
Hornets 23.5 - UNDER

• KOAB
« Reply #537 on: July 16, 2019, 07:20:23 AM »
Trail Blazers always overachieve so take the OVER... honestly wouldn't be surprised if they get the #2 seed as the other top 4 or 5 load manage and look towards the playoffs instead.

• KOAB
« Reply #538 on: July 16, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »

This is just the cruelest tease to do with Knicks fans at this point... give them more than a year to breathe, guys.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2019, 05:30:04 AM »
2016 4th overall pick Dragan Bender already out of the league.  Just signed a deal in Moscow.  Apparently it has an NBA out but I am not aware of anyone interested.
[img width=800

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #540 on: July 17, 2019, 06:28:34 AM »

bah gawd the CAM PAYNE TRAIL has gone international

• brock lock
« Reply #541 on: July 17, 2019, 06:33:27 AM »
CAM PAYNE COMEBACK

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #542 on: July 17, 2019, 09:03:35 AM »
Interesting stat that likely won’t happen

[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #543 on: July 17, 2019, 09:34:55 AM »
Christian Wood to Detroit

Cheik Diallo to Phoenix
[img width=800

• brock lock
« Reply #544 on: July 17, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
WE ARE IN THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR NOW. THE REAL DULL DREGS OF FREE AGENCY!

Offline The King of Trash

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #545 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »
makes me feel old that guy has been around for 13 seasons.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #546 on: July 17, 2019, 01:28:34 PM »

Took me a second to realize he wasn't wearing a throwback

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #547 on: July 17, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
I had read that was his jersey number today.  He said he gave Antoine Walker a call for permission but joked there were barely any numbers available to take.
[img width=800

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #548 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:26 PM »
I just hope Kemba will honor his predecessor by doing the shimmy after hitting big shots from now on.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #549 on: July 18, 2019, 12:44:28 AM »

Dama?
[img width=800