Author Topic: The Funko POP thread  (Read 205 times)

Description:

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
The Funko POP thread
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »
Who else here has some of these?

I resisted for the longest time but maybe a year or two back I got a Finn Balor and a Razor Ramon cheap on Amazon and I've picked up a few when I find them at a good price here and there.

At first I felt silly paying the $10-$12 most of them fetch and only picked things up when I've found them really cheap (Finn was a damaged box one for like $2 on Amazon when I got him).  I still mostly buy markdown and sales but I paid full price for the new Amazon exclusive "U Can't See Me" John Cena which is invisible.

I also came across an exclusive from a little bit back, Venomized Loki, which I paid maybe double retail for but am seeing them mostly sell for triple retail

I recently saw the Spider-Ham that I wanted but passed on getting back in the fall is going for over $30 these days and ended up picking up a few.

Will post more on my collection of these later as we see if anyone else gets involved or if this is just a thread of me talking to myself.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
Re: The Funko POP thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
I’m too deep into it these days. Never thought I’d get wrapped up in this.  I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 06:20:53 AM »
I bought a set of the New Day that was exclusive to Toys 'R Us before they closed.

I went to WonderCon this year and saw that everything has a Funko nowadays.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:27:52 AM »
Looks like at current count I'm at around 107 or so, not counting Rock Candy, Mystery Minis, Keychains, and other such non-standard figures. I've mostly stopped buying them, mainly due to a lack of space to put them. The only ones I have purchased in the last few months are Mister Rogers, the Unmasked variant of Gwenpool, and the Marvel/Capcom two-pack of Chun Li/Captain Marvel (on clearance because I wanted the Captain Marvel but didn't want to pay full price).
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 5 HAS BEGUN!

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Online Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:38:33 AM »
Never got into them. I have a few that I've got as gifts (Star Wars and Stranger Things related) but nothing resembling a collection. The only set I would be interested in buying are the Bill & Ted ones.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 09:29:51 AM »
A buddy of mine told me he had gotten the Free Comic Book Day Limited Edition Constantine from his local comic shop.  Believe I read that was limited to 20,000 pieces.  I have been asking others if they open them or leave them in box. 

Due to buying the damaged box ones, I open most of them but have left a few in box if they were the rarer ones, for now.  This is what I have.

Opened:
Finn Balor
Razor Ramon
New Day FYE Exclusive with Booty O's (Kofi has a bowl of cereal and Woods/E both have boxes of Booty O's)
Emperor Claptrap (Borderlands)
Jafar as Genie
Robin (DC Super Heroes)
HHH
Baloo (Talespin - Target Flocked Exclusive)

Still in packaging:
John Cena (Amazon Exclusive Invisible)
Zack Ryder (Convention Exclusive)
Ric Flair (WWE 2K19 Woo! Edition exclusive)
Rocket (Avengers Endgame Quantum Suit Wal-mart Exclusive)
Batman (80th Anniversary First Appearance)
Million Dollar Man (nothing special wtih this one - just never opened it)
Mookie Betts Boston Red Sox
Thanos Avengers Endgame Target Exclusive 10 inch
Ant-Man (Ant-Man & The Wasp)
Giant Man (Amazon Exclusive 10-inch)
Ronin (Avengers Endgame Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Prince Akeem - McDowell's (Coming to America - Target Exclusive)

Loki stays in the package when he shows up.  I got the Infinity War Captain American & Black Widow cheap on the way, which will probably get opened.  Ordered a few other things online the last few days and I have to start thinking of how to best display than the stray stuff I have now.
[img width=800

Offline skullman80

• Metalhead
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 10:36:31 AM »
I have almost 100. All out of boxes and on display.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
I don't have any, but I've seen them on shelves and I always thought it was neat how they had all of these obscure characters that never get merchandise otherwise.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 05:36:32 AM »
I mostly collect the 8 bit Pops, but have branched out into some other lines.  I have all 6 chrome Wal-Mart Thanos variations, and some assorted horror pops.  Probably 35 or so in total.

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
My brother got me He-Man, Skeletor and Orko at a comic con as a gift.

That's all I have

Offline Sabre

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 04:56:16 PM »
I hate these.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
Not a big fan of these but do have the classic Harley Quinn. I want the BTAS Poison Ivy but I'm also not paying $20+ if I can help it.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 02:13:06 AM »
Went down a serious rabbit hole with these.  I ran into some of the store exclusives that can fetch a little money so I started going down the path of what I want versus what can help the collection and I am all over the place.

I had gone to a Target and found a new Toy Story 4 Target exclusive that is running for double the price online so I got one for me and one to hang on to.  In the background I saw a few Target exclusive Captain Marvel.  Grabbed one, found out later that one goes for over double the price already and rising.  I didn't think to look while I was there but I go back another day and they are gone.
 This is a dangerous game.

GameStop is having a sale for their Pro Day today and I find out they have a "Saturday Morning Cartoon Mystery Box" on sale for pro day that really has mystery and exclusive Disney Afternoon characters so now I want to check that out because I find all the random characters too appealing to pass up.
[img width=800

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:14:35 AM »
Which of the Toy Story Target exclusives has shot up on eBay? Need to go look at my local store before having to go that route.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #14 on: Today at 05:42:10 AM »
Toy Story 4 Target exclusive right now is a Flocked version of the new Bunny character.  Haven’t checked recently though if he’s still up because some go up and down quickly.  Spider-man Far From Home has some store exclusives going high for a few days before most stores got their shipment and they came down to earth since.
[img width=800

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:53:18 AM »
Ah ok.  Thanks for the tip nonetheless.