Author Topic: That Lio Rush Heat  (Read 437 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
That Lio Rush Heat
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:42:28 AM »
Think I posted something in one of those TWIW threads to little to no discussion about Lio Rush being off TV due to some heat.

There’s been various reports over this past week about Lio being maybe even less popular backstage than Enzo was toward the end ranging from Lio being vocal about how he should be the face of 205 Live to bringing his wife everywhere including production meetings and blowing off veteran advice from guys like Balor to having heat for not doing tradition like hanging around Gorilla handing veterans bottles of water

He has been conspicuously off TV and did tweet this response to a fan inquiry

This isn’t Rush’s first time with alleged major heat.  For those who weren’t familiar with him at the time, he was the newly signed NXT talent that made the “ready for Asuka” joke when Emma got released shortly after jobbing to Asuka in her main roster debut.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Online Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Re: That Lio Rush Heat
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 12:56:39 AM »
I've read all the reports and it sounds like really petty shit but also the kind of stuff that doesn't seem like a big deal in the big picture and could have been easily avoided. Blowing off vets has always been a big no-no in any era of wrestling.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 12:59:09 AM »
If even half the rumors are true, he's done in WWE.
-Bringing family back where they aren't allowed, even after told not to
- Not carrying bags
- Not listening to vets who are trying to give him advice
- Advocating for a big babyface push and saying he's the best they've got

He will be future endeavored shortly.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 07:03:24 AM »
Only one of those should be a big deal at all.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »
Lio did an interview with Fightful in response to their article. He is definitely getting fired.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 03:24:39 PM »
I just read the interview and yeah, I'll be shocked if he makes through the end of the week. What he said was pretty sad, though.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 03:16:01 AM »
Mark Henry went in on Lio Rush on the latest Busted Open radio from what I read today.  He said he offered to help Rush and answer any questions last time he was there based on stuff he was hearing and Lio told him nothing was wrong.

Feel like the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  Carrying bags for veterans is outdated and stupid but that’s sports cultures as even the NBA and other sports still do low level hazing shit like making the rookies carry bags, wear dumb hats and buy donuts.  Not saying it is right or I agree with it but it isn’t exclusively WWE.

Rush supposedly thinks he and his wife deserve a reality show so he probably goes overboard and it is in the Latrell Sprewell vein of supporting his family, as Mark Henry pointed out if you can’t get a rental car on the lowest WWE performer salary, you likely are not being smart with your money.
[img width=800

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:15 AM »
The carrying bags stuff is common. At its best I suspect low level hazing is at least organized and keeps the truly nefarious stuff at bay.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 06:21:40 AM »
He does come off like a dick most of the time, but he makes some valid points if they're accurate..

In an interview with Fightful.com, Lio Rush addressed his issues with WWE...

"My issue has never been with Bobby (Lashley)," Lio told Fightful. "Being with Bobby has helped the both of us out tremendously. It’s given me speaking confidence I didn’t know i had. I never was a promo guy on the indies. But being with Bobby made me a promo guy. My issue isn’t with my on screen role. My issue is the fact that I haven’t been on meet & greets with Bobby, haven’t been getting paid for merchandise for us that has my catchphrases on them. (I) have been sent to live shows and TVs and forced to pay for my own rental for 5 days as well as hotel while not making enough money to do so. Walking around broke in the biggest sports entertainment industry that there is while having two kids and a wife to support."

Rush also addressed the report that he wasn't "paying his dues" with the veteran talents behind the scenes:

"It’s not about race and it has never been, but public perception is important to me and when we have fans that travel all over the globe and watch us get off of buses and into hotels, the LOOK of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially when I’m trying to portray myself as a superstar as well."
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 07:25:34 AM »
Rush supposedly thinks he and his wife deserve a reality show so he probably goes overboard and it is in the Latrell Sprewell vein of supporting his family, as Mark Henry pointed out if you can’t get a rental car on the lowest WWE performer salary, you likely are not being smart with your money.

I can't take this point seriously. Mark Henry was overpaid to hell forever and his contract never was adjusted when they put him in developmental. Guys like Lio are fine on the initial developmental contract while living in Florida and doing minimal travel... then they move up to the main roster where they have to travel constantly & cover all their expenses, are still on the initial development contract and I'm supposed to believe it's on them while WWE drags it's feet along finally restructuring their deals to match main roster exposure?

No wonder why more talent is starting to fail Wellness Tests in hopes WWE will release them.

Online Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
No wonder why more talent is starting to fail Wellness Tests in hopes WWE will release them.

Wait, what?

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »
That wellness test story was from 10 years ago about Carlito apparently. No one fails the tests now so it wouldn't work.

I thought it was reported before that when they get moved to the main roster now they have to sign new deals because wwe wants to extend the length of their contracts and they get the money bumped up then. The whole thing is ridiculous. WWE should be paying for their travel and rental cars. They treat these guys like shit.

Online Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:39 AM »
Meltzer actually brought that idea up yesterday. Someone asked what would happen if someone intentionally failed to get out of their contract. He said that 2 wrestlers brought that idea up to him, but the company is on to it and they know when people are intentionally doing it. That if they hit 2 strikes, they would just keep them off TV so they won't be drug tested and fail another one to be fired.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 07:59:28 AM »
Yeah it got posted on reddit after Meltzer talked about it, and it was Carlito who had tried it. There's a lot easier ways to get fired I'd think. Just toss Taker a cucumber or something next time hes around.

Online Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
Sneeze in front of Vince. That'll do it.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 10:45:13 AM »
All references to WWE removed from social media and he has a booking email listed

[img width=800