Author Topic: TWIW 6/10/19 - 6/16/19 - Bullet Club needs a Hunter  (Read 1502 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
TWIW 6/10/19 - 6/16/19 - Bullet Club needs a Hunter
« on: June 10, 2019, 04:22:40 AM »
WWE announced for the upcoming Japanese tour that HHH will be teaming up with AJ Styles and Gallows/ Anderson to take on Corbin, Drew, Lashley and Joe
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Re: TWIW 6/10/19 - 6/16/19 - Bullet Club needs a Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 04:45:54 AM »
Ryder/Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles confirmed for Raw and Samoa Joe will be on MizTV.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:48:03 AM »

lol

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:50:21 AM »
Lol they killed the business

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:50:49 AM »
Ryder/Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles confirmed for Raw and Samoa Joe will be on MizTV.

I guess Miz-Joe is as good a feud as any for those two right now.

Revival getting the belts back to continue with the Usos makes sense, especially since they’ve done nothing with the Vikings in over a month.  Wonder if Hawkins and Ryder just disappear a la the B-Team now but they haven’t even been on TV as much as the B-Team was in their reign.

Additionally, really hoping with AOP cleared and back that they quietly put them on Smackdown given Raw has too many teams but lol at the thought of brand splits and tag teams.
[img width=800

Offline DorianS

• Flik is me
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 06:02:29 AM »
Don't worry, AoP will be on Raw because Raw needs more tag teams, ya know. Just can't get enough of them.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 06:26:03 AM »
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 06:31:13 AM »
It must’ve been pointed out that it was odd the Revival lose to Usos, then get a title shot as The Usos have been added in a triple threat now.  So I’d say Revival are definitely going over tonight.
[img width=800

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
Hot finish to that six - man.

Congrats on the WWE for booking Becky so well that much of the crowd didn't bother to stand up or look up from their phones when she came out.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
lol

[img width=800

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:56:09 PM »
Only one comment about Raw tonight in the general wrestling thread. That's all you really need to know about the "quality" of WWE these days.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 12:30:53 AM »
So they took the tag titles off Hawkins and Ryder. They win the belts, job to the Viking Raiders, are relegated to Main Event and then just drop the titles. Zack Ryder now has another reason to be frustrated with his position in the company and Hawkins' losing streak angle that was built up for over a year was all for naught.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 12:34:01 AM »
hawkins and ryder honestly shouldnt even have a job considering how much talent there is not being used on tv, without even getting into NXT. I'm not someone who thinks you have to be grateful for anything you get but the fact Ryder has managed to stay in the company and get paid this long seems like a minor miracle.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »
Hawkins streak was never planned to be a story.  He was supposed to beat Heath in that random match at Great Balls of Fire and asked to lose so they could try this.  There was no long term plan, think they just threw him a bone for being a solid hand and company man.  Same reason for the win.  A little thank yubin their home town.  While I like the two, I knew this would be a pointless reign and think it is better to get the belts back on an act that they actually put on TV, especially since new talent and callous can’t see to get on TV in this “wild Card” era.
[img width=800

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 01:16:35 AM »
After reading a couple tweets from Cedric Alexander recently, these passive-aggressive tweets from wrestlers about their lack of push and/or TV time are really getting under my skin. No matter how warranted it is (and it usually is), I feel like subtly complaining about it is the worst thing you can do. We're well past the point of hard work paying off so either accept it, or do something about it away from the computer screen.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 01:25:39 AM »
That Lacey Evans.. what a pro..

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 01:28:37 AM »
After reading a couple tweets from Cedric Alexander recently, these passive-aggressive tweets from wrestlers about their lack of push and/or TV time are really getting under my skin. No matter how warranted it is (and it usually is), I feel like subtly complaining about it is the worst thing you can do. We're well past the point of hard work paying off so either accept it, or do something about it away from the computer screen.

Part of the issue of, "do(ing) something about it," is the following

#1: Vince McMahon will change his mind at will about stuff from initially liking it to disliking it at the drop of a hat. He'll also badger wrestlers into utilizing his ideas (see the Dean Ambrose interview as a recent example) and refuses to do much if wrestlers try to offer their own input.

#2: If they try to get out of their contracts, Vince/WWE have proven they'll essentially hold their livelihoods hostage and refuse to release them preferring to just sit them on the sidelines until their deal runs out. "Independent Contractors" lol.

#3: Even if they get over or strike it hot, there's no guarantee they'll get a big push or have it be sustained over a long period of time after Vince and/or the other writers all get involved.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 01:31:46 AM »
I totally support them doing whatever they need to do to vent their frustrations.

That said, if it were me, I'd be happy to get paid for doing nothing. But I'm a relatively lazy person, so...

Inevitably, these wrestlers who are held hostage like this.. I feel like they get over even moreso when they make their return to wrestling or escape from WWE. The internet makes it virtually impossible for any of these people to be "forgotten" about.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 01:37:52 AM »
That said, if it were me, I'd be happy to get paid for doing nothing. But I'm a relatively lazy person, so...

I mean, I agree or as I like to call it, the "Nakamura Approach". Dude hasn't been on TV in forever but as long as those checks keep cashing and he's able to surf, he's happy.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 01:57:55 AM »
The only problem is if you going from show to show and not being used it's tough making money unless you have a large downside guarantee.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 02:19:46 AM »
I'd be asking Rey for his lawyer's number since they tried the frozen contract shit with him and his lawyer had it thrown out.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 02:56:12 AM »
I can't think of another industry that does that. Let's say Kevin Durant got injured in the beginning of the season. The Warriors couldn't keep him for another year without resigning just cause he didn't play.

Offline alkeiper

• Welcoming our new insect overlords
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 03:15:08 AM »
In MLB your free agency date is a roving target depending on how much time in the majors you have (as opposed to the minors). But their contracts are also collectively bargained.

Maybe like an entertainment contract where the duty isn't time but movies or albums or whatever.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:17 AM »
That Lacey Evans.. what a pro..

• Laz
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »
Millennial Van Dam

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
I can't think of another industry that does that. Let's say Kevin Durant got injured in the beginning of the season. The Warriors couldn't keep him for another year without resigning just cause he didn't play.

It happens in the NFL, so I believe it can.

DTF

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 11:07:28 AM »
(turns on Smackdown)

(Shane/Drew/Elias lead off)

(turns off Smackdown)

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »
As of tonight Chad Gable is now a member of 205 Live
[img width=800

Offline Sabre

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
As of tonight Chad Gable is now a member of 205 Live

Fuck this company. He should be pushed to the moon.

Offline THE WARREN WARRIOR

• brock lock
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
On one hand it shows how awful this company is that they can't showcase him on either of the main shows. On the other hand, at least he's getting work and not sitting at home while they hope he eventually accepts a five year deal just so they can keep him locked up.

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
This is the same company that has some of the best wrestlers in the world working on a TV studio development show lirl.

There is now no depth too low.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 01:23:31 AM »
This week completely turned a bad corner for me in the obvious endgame of this wild card shit.....both shows are mirrored almost completely the same with a few exceptions of brand exclusive talent in segments/matches. Its few and far between now more than ever and there is a core group of maybe 10 guys that they are really focused on in both shows. This hasn't shifted much since the wild card happened. Shane/Drew/Elias/Roman/Zayn/Owens/Kofi/Usos seem to be the core that are used on both mostly.

Anyway its obvious we are down to one booking team for both shows as well given how both shows are blending as one right now and not in a good way whatsoever. Particularly, the Shane on top of the heel side on both shows is getting really fuckin grating. Then they have guys joining Shane in some subtle faction (similar to the nothing team that was Lashley/Drew/Corbin) that all have been undervalued and utilized terribly this year in Elias (clearly positioned as a midcard talent as best which is sad), Drew (should have clearly been in Corbins position pre-Mania and post-Mania), and then Revival with yet another lip service title run now with a title that has ZERO value in the context of everything else. The fuck is this nonsense?

Anyhow, I've NEVER been so underwhelmed with the monotony and tone deafness of this product before until now. The in ring is by and large uninspiring and the writing is really counterproductive on many levels. I'm having apathy flashbacks to 1999 WCW when Nash took over the book and after the finger poke incident, shit started to slide to me creatively at a rapid pace, and at the same time Nitro and Thunder became these fused together copies of one another. Ironically almost exactly 20 years later, the same shit is happening with WWE.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 03:26:45 AM »
"Irony" means that an outcome wasn't expected. This had been the fear since 2001.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 04:23:57 AM »
The Wild Card shit has definitely made things much worse.  Before that Smackdown was actually pretty decent.

• Admin
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 04:37:24 AM »
WWE wants to know why people think Stomping Grounds sucks.

https://www.wwe.com/surveys/wwe-stomping-grounds-matches

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 04:41:53 AM »
The Wild Card shit has definitely made things much worse.  Before that Smackdown was actually pretty decent.

I hear ya.....SD was normally to me the breath of fresh air and common sense booking that Raw clearly was not for a long time. So the strong Tuesday show paired with the less than strong Monday show always felt to me in some odd fucked up way as balance with the main roster.

I figure nobody in the company has long range planned out how this diluting of the brand split and ultimately, a real killer of many talent, is going to affect things once October hits and the big SD move to Fox. Can you imagine if the shows are like they are now? There has to be no fuckin way they keep up this wild card shit once that move happens one would think.

My best guess is they are just going to keep this up until basically all talent are on each shows until October, and then we get another brand split probably more evenly for once (or if anything SD really cashes in on a talent overhaul for once vs Raw) and to acquiesce the supposed powers that be at FOX, will still give them some meshing of both brands talents with some doctrine that all titles will be defended on BOTH shows and those champions can appear on both also. This hopefully means a merger of the tag belts, possibly US and IC title merged (The US title has for years now been a doghouse belt in a sense) and they should just merge the Universal title with the WWE title and get back to one world title that's just defended on both shows.

I thought that was one initial strength of the first brand split in that you had rotating main champs that could appear on both shows.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 05:00:48 AM »
I don't think that's happening.  From what I've heard both Fox and USA want all the major stars on their shows.  I don't see that changing.  Basically they have 50-60 people who will never be on shows, and are only on the roster to keep them from AEW.
Randy!

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:15 AM »
I don't think that's happening.  From what I've heard both Fox and USA want all the major stars on their shows.  I don't see that changing.  Basically they have 50-60 people who will never be on shows, and are only on the roster to keep them from AEW.

I wonder if that mindset will change with both FOX and WWE when/if these ratings inevitably keep sliding though as this dull and counterproductive direction continues.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:42 AM »
The reason why they decided to do the '16 brand split was because of Smackdown's horrendous ratings due to it being Raw part 2 so they needed to freshen it up and make it its own show again. It's a never-ending cycle.

• Laz
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 08:26:20 AM »
Wait, you mean having the same characters do the same thing with the same people over and over isn't entertaining?!

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Fox getting cold feet over WWE's continued slide into the abyss. Didn't they have a group of network people watching and evaluating the product?

Are broadcast networks THAT desperate for shows?

(turns on TV, sees Press Your Luck 2019)

Okay then.

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
I am not going to stand here and listen to you bad mouth Press Your Luck.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2019, 10:51:31 AM »
Now that "New Fox" is fully divorced from the now-Disney-owned portions of the Fox studio the network is going to focus less on traditional entertainment programs since they won't have an attached TV studio looking for an outlet to air shows that will only turn a profit once they reach syndication. The roughly $2 million they are paying WWE for each of the 104 hours of original programming they will provide for the Fox network is actually a pretty cheap license fee by today's standards, and it should work out well financially. That said, what's good for the network isn't always good for the affiliates, and I have a feeling a lot of the stations will be very unhappy with the effect Smackdown has on their late local newscast's ratings. If WWE's viewership continue to decline this has the potential to cause the biggest schism between network and affiliates since The Jay Leno Show. Bad for Vince, bad for Murdoch, I'm here for it.

Fun fact: When Smackdown premiered WWF was paying UPN for the time slot, something in the range of $20 million per year or a percentage of ad sales, whichever was higher.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »
I am not going to stand here and listen to you bad mouth Press Your Luck.
Press Your Luck rules, and sick days in elementary school were spent enjoying it on USA and eventually The Family Channel's daytime game show rerun blocks. My point was that we've reached a 1970s-like empty cupboard of network television ideas.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
[img width=800

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2019, 03:03:41 PM »
Well duh; Shane's the Best In The World.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2019, 03:05:02 PM »
It's the easiest step to Shane/Brock, man.

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:14 AM »
Slow news day so let me update you all on the new names of the recent NXT signees:

Samuel Shaw is now Dexter Lumis (combining Dexter Morgan with Dr. Loomis from the Halloween series)
DJZ is now Joaquin Wilde
ACH is now Jordan Myles
Trevor Lee is now Cameron Grimes (which I can assume is some sort of nod to his hometown and his connection to the Hardyz)
Shane Strickland is now Isaiah Scott