Author Topic: New Music You Like  (Read 188 times)

Description: Could be 2019 or 18

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
New Music You Like
« on: July 17, 2019, 08:40:20 AM »
Anyone listening to any good new stuff?

I've probably loved Nest by the Belgian band Brutus the most this year. Hard to describe them but they blend post punk and metal with some really powerful vocals from the singer who reminds me of Dolores O'Riordan. She's also the drummer which is really impressive.

I also like the new Weyes Blood album. Just a really good singer songwriter.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Re: New Music You Like
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:13 PM »
I've become a big fan of The Hu. They are a Mongolian heavy metal band that uses traditional Mongolian instruments and signing techniques. Their debut album will be released on September 13.

2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
It's been a long time since i did another dive into newer stuff but the last time i grabbed anything new I think some of the better stuff was

I'm still an AIC fan even if it isn't the same.

atmosphere is one of my favourite acts. this isn't from one of their best albums but I like this track a good bit.

ICE CUBE STILL HARD. well not really.

Judas Priest is one of the better old bans still going

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »

The Who are my band. Always have been, always will be, and I don't think I'd still be here if it weren't for them. Laugh all you want. But no band is infallible and this is just okay. Like, old ass Daltrey vocals sound real good here, but the song feels ten to twelve years too late despite it having relevance now. That makes sense somewhere. It's not well written and it isn't breaking any new ground at all, but it's honestly the best thing they've done in years.