Author Topic: 2016 NFL Draft: 3 Years Later Look Back  (Read 75 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
2016 NFL Draft: 3 Years Later Look Back
« on: September 03, 2019, 08:07:00 AM »
http://culturecrossfire.com/forums/index.php?topic=11654.msg874056#msg874056

So let's recollect on the draft. Thoughts on who you had ranked? What are your successes or failures? Had a few deep hits but massively whiffed on a lot of guys, most infamously being Dak Prescott at QB. On the flip side, I remember being bigger on Derrick Henry compared to 909's belief in him.

QB: Massively whiffed hard on Dak Prescott (big props to 909 for nailing him). I didn't like Paxton much but got suckered by Hackenberg and Cook. Brissett and Kessler massively outperformed where I had them ranked.

RB: Nailed Zeke. Kenneth Dixon had some brief flashes but never was consistent. A lot of nothing in the Zone Scheme group outside of maybe missing on Prosise & Barber. Power Scheme wise I mostly hit although Kelvin Taylor did nothing and Tyler Ervin ended up doing little. I was sold on Derrick Henry and Devontae Booker (kind of a bust) but nailed Josh Ferguson for what he was.

WR: Whiffed so hard on Corey Coleman & Laquon Treadwell (whom I initially hated but convinced myself I was 'wrong' on him... trust my instincts). Hit on Michael Thomas and Tyler Boyd but Doctson's been a disappointment. Sterling Shepard's been solid if a little underwhelming but I whiffed pretty good on Robby Anderson.

TE: A lot of teases besides Hunter Henry at #2. Hooper's been better than a lot of the guys I whiffed on ahead of him including Tyler Higbee and Nick Vannett.

DE: Nailed Bosa, obvious pick, but I was higher on Shilique Calhoun than most. He's had an underwhelming career thus far.

DT: Nailed A'Shawn Robinson, Andrew Billings who showed more in 2018, and Chris Jones but whiffed on Adam Gotsis. Whiffed a bit on Vernon Butler but nailed not liking Robert Nkemdiche much. I remember some people thinking Nkemdiche could have a 1st Round caliber career.

OLB: Nailed Myles Jack and Leonard Floyd, whiffed hard on Darron Lee though. Jaylon Smith and Joe Schobert were much better than I was giving them credit for. Wasn't sure if Smith could come back from his injury at the time, thus my lower ranking.

ILB: Massively whiffed on Deion Jones, oof. Ranked Su'a Cravens way too high but Reggie Ragland looks like a solid hit.

CB: No real horrible misses although I'm still hopeful Eli Apple can do something with his career. Mackensie Alexander's career has been very up/down but Jalen Ramsey's a great one. Vernon Hargreaves has struggled with health but I feel like I nailed Kendall Fuller, being higher on him than most seemed to be at the time.

Safeties: Nailed most of my Top 5 although I whiffed hard on Darian Thompson who hasn't been as good as the guys after him despite a good 2017. Nailed Sean Davis but whiffed mega big on Jeremy Cash and William Parks. Karl Joseph has been much better than I gave him credit for and I also whiffed super hard on Miles Killebrew and Kevin Byard.

Offline Gert

Re: 2016 NFL Draft: 3 Years Later Look Back
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
My Top 5 before the draft

1. Bosa
2. Ramsey
3. Tunsil
4. Wentz
5. Zeke

I also really was sad when the Bengals missed out on the WR run, but was happy when they jumped in front of the Steelers to get William Jackson III. Didn't mean much since he got hurt the first practice of the year.

Really thought Nkemdiche should have been a BPA draft pick after Tunsil and Neal were taken, so I was wrong on him.

Offline Gert

Re: 2016 NFL Draft: 3 Years Later Look Back
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 02:33:55 PM »
Also don't think we'll see the Top 2 picks traded two weeks before the draft anytime soon.