Author Topic: NFL Training Camp and Pre-Season  (Read 3489 times)

Description:

Offline Kahran Ramsus

Re: NFL Training Camp and Pre-Season
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »
He's on the podium now.  Basically confirming he's tired of the injuries and rehab.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »
Luck's retirement leaked during a Colts preseason game.

A home preseason game. That he was on the sideline for!

This should be the entirety of the Colts WYTS entry this year. 

He realized he had to do the right thing before he really fucked himself up because God knows the Colts weren't gonna protect him.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »
I have to say, I'm highly disappointed in those fans booing Luck. With the amount of punishment that's happened, of course he wouldn't want to be hurt anymore. Shouldn't boo a guy for going "no mas". The mental part of it all is what will stop a lot of people and that's probably the case here. Not just the pain.

Offline strummer

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2019, 02:28:43 PM »
Does he get in the hof off these 7 seasons? Well obviously he played a lot less than that. He was elite while he played but a real short career

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
No, absolutely not. He didn't win anything, didn't play in a Super Bowl.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »
Yeah, no way he's getting into the HoF. He's definitely going to be one of those guys you look back on and go "if only".

And frankly, can someone burn down Indianapolis? I mean, geezus. How bad is your franchise that you've made the guy retire from injuries and mental fatigue.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
Luck's retirement leaked during a Colts preseason game.

A home preseason game. That he was on the sideline for!

This should be the entirety of the Colts WYTS entry this year. 

He realized he had to do the right thing before he really fucked himself up because God knows the Colts weren't gonna protect him.

You stole my thunder. I was all set to drop in with "At least Drew Magny will have an easier job next summer."

Offline O.G.

• Slicka than ya average...
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »
As a Colts fan, this is horrendous. As an Andrew Luck fan, I'm happy he's getting out before it gets worse. The amount of abuse he's taken in 6 years is ridiculous:

» Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
» Partially torn abdomen
» Lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
» At least 1 concussion
» Torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
» This mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

Fuck the fans that booed him. Absolutely classless.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Admin
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »
Those fans who booed probably never put on a helmet. Of the ones who did they probably never got hurt on the field. People just don't understand. They think these guys should become addicted to opioids like they probably are, just so they can pull a helmet on and create life long damage to their body by hobbling down the field. There are so many things that happen on that field that do not go on the injury report, and this is the most physical sport in the world.

He has been unable to rehab numerous injuries, all of which got worse over the course of those rehabilitations. This isn't his fault and I'm not sure what he's supposed to do. People always act like these athletes are going to play 15 years, but that isn't the reality of things. The fact is that some of them are going to get hurt very frequently and have their time cut short. The Colts being the Colts and failing to get an offensive line in front of this dude, effectively killed his career.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »
Sadly, they finally had a good O-line in 2018, like possibly the best. Too late.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
I was half expecting to hear that Schefters account was hacked last night when he broke the news.  Fucking all time shocker.

That said, any chance he decides to have another go at it in a year or two when he's feeling 100%?

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2019, 12:11:54 AM »
I don't think that'll probably happen. If he's retiring in the middle of pre-season, that's likely his body is just giving him so many problems that he just can't muster up enough to keep going.

Offline O.G.

• Slicka than ya average...
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2019, 12:19:19 AM »
I can't see it either. He's a very smart guy who's demonstrated a lot of interests outside of football. If his body is this bad that he's retiring mid-preseason and giving up $50+ million, I think he'll move on to a new career.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2019, 02:17:21 AM »
Absolute stunner of a news story with Luck's retirement. I also don't think it compares to Barry or even Megatron because those guys played much longer while remaining relatively healthy by comparison.

Luck got the shit kicked out of him, missed an entire season, had some issues with the Colts medical staff and their diagnoses vs. what really happened, etc.

I think the Colts are lucky they have Brissett who's serviceable enough as a starter but I think the Colts go 6-10 at best this season. Biggest question is if they suck enough for a top tier QB or do they end up in the late Top 10 area?

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2019, 03:23:53 AM »

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2019, 04:23:12 AM »
Yeah, fuck those Colts fans for booing.  Guy is hurt.  He didn't just quit out of the blue or is holding out for more money.

In other news, Antonio Brown lost his latest helmet grievance.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2019, 04:49:24 AM »
Saw a conspiracy theory on Facebook that Brady is retiring after this season and Luck will return to replace him on the Pats.  I actually kind of hope this happens because it would be what every Colt fan shitting on Luck deserves.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

• Admin
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2019, 05:07:13 AM »
Saw a conspiracy theory on Facebook that Brady is retiring after this season and Luck will return to replace him on the Pats.  I actually kind of hope this happens because it would be what every Colt fan shitting on Luck deserves.

The Colts are tolling his contract so that he cannot play there, or in the XFL for three years after a potential return from retirement.

Brown is getting a helmet endorsement deal by the way.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2019, 06:19:17 AM »

I saw the same kinda theory but replace Brady and the Pats with Brees and the Saints.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
I don't feel like posting them, but those Doug Gottlieb and Dan Dakich hot takes on Luck's retirement might be new lows for them, and that's saying something.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »

I....like Troy Aikman.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2019, 04:03:33 AM »

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2019, 04:32:02 AM »
I love that the Patriots/Jets and Patriots/Colts are just so salty towards each other from the front offices on down. That's when you know it's a legitimate rivalry beyond the on field play.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2019, 05:02:59 AM »
Honestly though, Bill probably looked and realized "oh hey, Brady's going to have an easier time against the Colts. Nice."

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2019, 11:35:19 AM »
In other Pats news, C David Andrews has been hospitalized for blood clots in his lungs and is probably out for the season.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2019, 10:42:05 PM »
Gonna be interesting how the OL shakes up behind the probable starters for New England. Right now the starting group looks like: Isaiah Wynn at LT, Joe Thuney at LG, Ted Karras at C, Shaq Mason at RG, and Marcus Cannon at RT. There's some continuity there on the right side and Karras has been around for a while and played multiple positions so he knows the system. Biggest factor will be how quickly he acclimates to handling the calls/directing his teammates.

Guys like Dan Skipper have flashed a little bit but others could be on the bubble such as Cole Croston and Martez Ivy. I think at least 2-3 of the rookie OL will end up landing on the practice squad.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2019, 06:45:44 AM »
Some rumblings that Miami wants to trade for Clowney with Clowney having visited Miami and talked with Brian Flores as well. They recently cut several players, clearing almost $8 Million in cap space. Also Clowney fired his agent so that could be a sign he wants to report/get ready.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »
The Athletic's Ben Standig reports the Redskins want to trade contract-year WR Josh Doctson prior to Week 1.

Detroit released RB Zach Zenner. A bit of a surprise move as he could fill a Rex Burkhead role for some team. Curious where he lands.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2019, 04:24:47 AM »
Zenner really hasn't been overly used much by them the past few years. He usually has some nice moments when the other backs are hurt but then quickly disappears again.

I can't imagine anyone would give up much for Doctson either. Maybe someone offers them a 6th to kick his tires. Kind of have my doubts though.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2019, 01:54:55 AM »
Teams trying to shore up their 53 Man rosters are starting to make deals now.

Titans acquired LB Reggie Gilbert from the Packers for a 7th-round pick.
Patriots acquired OT Korey Cunningham from the Cardinals for a 6th-round pick. Patriots acquired OG Jermaine Eluemunor from the Ravens for an undisclosed draft pick.

Bills signed K Stephen Hauschka to a two-year, $8 million extension through 2021.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »
I hope Gunner Olszewski makes the team because of his name alone.  Stidham also looked really damn solid with the first string offense so I could see them keeping three QBs or trying to find a taker for Hoyer.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2019, 02:40:57 AM »
Wow... Broncos acquired CB Duke Dawson from the Patriots. He was the 56th Pick but after landing on IR last year, he was caught in arguably the deepest group on the Patriots roster. I was wondering how he'd find a role so I'm curious what the Patriots got in return.

Jaguars released DT Datone Jones. Some beat reporters had him making their 53 Man Roster but the DL was too crowded and he lost out on the numbers game. He should surface somewhere pretty quickly.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2019, 05:01:05 AM »
Patriots continue to shuffle the offensive line: Patriots acquired C Russell Bodine from the Bills in exchange for a 2020 6th-round pick. Also Denver got a 7th Rounder while New England got a 6th Rounder in the Dawson swap.

It's pretty clear that Belichick is trying to get a workaround for the injury to David Andrews and clearly wasn't happy at all with how the 2nd Team OL was performing this year.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:44 AM »
Big news of course is Houston trading Clowney to Seattle for a 3rd Round pick, Bark dawg Mingo, and Jacob Martin.

In other 'bust' news, Vikings finally gave up on WR Laquon Treadwell who I was never a fan of when they drafted him in the 1st Round.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2019, 03:41:04 AM »
Surprised Seahawks got him. I feel like that wasn't who would've gotten him.

Bills released LeSean McCoy. Probably are going to use Gore and Singletary as a 1-2 or just make Singletary the primary back. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up now.

• Admin
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
Lirl that Clowney trade is the worst I’ve seen in my life.

Offline Gert

« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2019, 04:58:33 AM »
Yeah imagine giving him away for that haul. And maybe not inquiring with said team about a position of need when the other team have some of the best depth at that position in the league...

Offline fazzle

« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2019, 05:23:45 AM »
Going into the preseason I was hoping Singletary did enough to make the Bills feel comfortable releasing Shady and that ridiculous contract.  Now that they have released him though, I just don't feel like Singletary has shown that he's capable enough of handling the #1 back role.   I'm expecting a lot of screens and quick slants to Zay and Beasley to try and replace the running game.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2019, 07:12:49 AM »
No idea what BOB is doing in Houston as he's trading for CB Keion Crossen from New England. Patriots are now expected to keep Gunner Olszewski on the roster, probably as depth ST Coverage and possible Punt Returner to let Edelman focus on WR.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »
Bill O'Brien is either a Belichick sleeper agent or he's lost his mind.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »
Sleeper Agent 1000%

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
Hard Knocks made me a Bill O'Brien "fan" when they showed how he was the daddy of a special needs kid.
---

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2019, 11:26:26 PM »
For anybody who slept under a rock: BOB went bonkers landing his LT (Laremy Tunsil), #3 WR (Kenny Stills), and a 4th Rounder from Miami for 2 1st Round picks, a 2nd Round pick, OT Julie'n Davenport, and DB/ST Coverage Ace Johnson Bademosi.

Now there are already low rumblings that Tunsil could hold out for a massive contract because he has Houston over a barrel leverage wise.

Fun Fact: Bademosi has officially played on teams under Bill Belichick, Bill O'Brien, and now Brian Flores.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2019, 11:49:36 PM »
LeSean McCoy reuniting with Andy Reid in KC.  1 year $4m with $3m guaranteed.

Should effectively kill any fantasy value that Darwin Thompson had

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2019, 03:29:30 AM »
I really like what Miami is doing.  They are just dumping their entire team for draft picks and to Tank for Tua.  If you aren't going to contend, this is the quickest way to turn things around.  They might not win a game this year, but they could be scary good in three.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2019, 05:02:31 AM »
A lot of waiver claims going through. Here are a few notables

Jets claimed WR Braxton Berrios and K Kaare Vedvik.
Raiders claimed QB DeShone Kizer.
Redskins claimed RB Wendell Smallwood.

And another Miami trade! (instert Bison.gif) Dolphins acquired LB Vince Biegel from the Saints in exchange for LB Kiko Alonso

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2019, 08:23:13 AM »

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »

WUT.